Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Full lockdown from Monday

Lockdown nationwide for everyone, i.e. unvaccinated and vaccinated people (from midnight to midnight) - for 20 days, evaluation after ten days, after 20 days possibly return to "lockdown for unvaccinated people".

Source: https://www.sn.at/panorama/oesterreich/live-corona-bundesweiter-lockdown-ab-montag-schulen-bleiben-offen-allgemeine-impfpflicht-kommt-112698178
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowhound wrote:
Evidence overwhelmingly points towards CV being spread by extended contact in people's homes. Shut down places for people to go at this time of year where risk can be controlled, and they will just meet at home. Particularly the demographic who are against covid vaccines and restrictions in the first place. If you want to stop covid spread, then start by banning indoor social mixing at home. Everything else is covid theatre.

Whilst I agree with your assessment, it's probably easier in Austria to bring in compulsory vaccination that allow the state to dictate who you can have over for dinner wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
10 days is December 1st
20 days is Sat 11th
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ptex, thanks Mrs Radar has had a look and hers is there Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
▶️ The lockdown is also an "emergency brake" to cope with the pandemic. The fixed expiration date for vaccinated people is December 12. For the unvaccinated, it goes on afterwards, according to Platter.

https://liveblog.tt.com/414/coronavirus

If it is 'fixed' expiration for vaccinated, then think we will keep our trip for 15th...extremely interested to see the regulation when published
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What the heck is mandatory vaccination mean? Sounds ominous, I'm not antivax but making it law, don't get how that works.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The press conference is now over. It confirmed the various measures referenced above. Basically a general restriction until Sunday 12th December (though efforts made to keep schools open). From that point onwards (for an indeterminate period) general restrictions for those not fully vaccinated. Compulsory vaccination from beginning of February 2022. Third shots available from 4 months with mRNA vaccines.

I would suspect for visitors this means only vaccinated individuals will be allowed into the country from 01.02.2022 and that might create issues for visiting families but will have to wait for details.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ptex wrote:
Thankfully my third vaccine dose has now appeared in the NHS app.

One bit of good news, I suppose

It has indeed - mine from yesterday is already in there!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@munich_irish, glad to see Austria taking the lead on compulsory vaccinations. I hope other countries will follow suit.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Validity of Green Pass is reduced to 7 months from February too.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
https://www.thelocal.at/20211119/austria-nationwide-covid-measures/

A maximum of 20 days. Ending on December 13th. Dare I breathe again? Mr. O and I are both double vaxxed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
munich_irish wrote:
The press conference is now over. It confirmed the various measures referenced above. Basically a general restriction until Sunday 12th December (though efforts made to keep schools open). From that point onwards (for an indeterminate period) general restrictions for those not fully vaccinated. Compulsory vaccination from beginning of February 2022. Third shots available from 4 months with mRNA vaccines.

I would suspect for visitors this means only vaccinated individuals will be allowed into the country from 01.02.2022 and that might create issues for visiting families but will have to wait for details.

The reports say a maximum of 20 days, so is there a small chance of it ending earlier?
I am stuck in limbo as I can't cancel my flight until my hotel has been cancelled - but that may not happen now until the 10 day point.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A quote from the Süddeutsche Zeitung

Quote:
Austria will go into lockdown for everyone from Monday. This was announced by Federal Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg at a press conference after consultations with the federal states. The all-day exit restrictions are initially to apply for ten days, but can, if necessary, be extended once for a further ten days until December 12th at the latest. After that, the 2-G rule should apply again.

The lockdown is a difficult step. "That hurts a lot," said the Chancellor. Health Minister Wolfgang Mückstein apologized to the population for the strict measures.

A lockdown for unvaccinated people has been in effect in Austria since Monday. This should continue to apply even after the general lockdown. The country is suffering from a massive fourth corona wave. The seven-day incidence per 100,000 inhabitants is just under 1,000. The situation in Salzburg and Upper Austria is particularly dramatic, with incidences of more than 1,500.

Austria also wants to introduce a general compulsory vaccination. Despite months of persuasion, "it was not possible to convince enough people to get vaccinated," said Schallenberg. For a long time there was a political consensus that no vaccination was required. But you have to look reality in the eye and have therefore decided to initiate a nationwide compulsory vaccination, which will apply from February 1st. Austria is the first country in the European Union that wants to introduce compulsory vaccination.

Without naming them, Schallenberg severely criticized the right wing FPÖ, which is influential in Austria. Their vaccination criticism is "actually an attack on our health system". ( 19.11.2021 )

The implication is that it is possible the restrictions will end on Thursday 2nd December.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@munich_irish,
Quote:

for visitors this means only vaccinated individuals will be allowed into the country from 01.02.2022

Until quite recently that was the situation for France from "Amber" 3rd countries, e.g. UK, so it's not unprecedented!

I'm unconvinced that locking down vaccinated individuals helps a great deal, but costs much in many currencies.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
These kind of regs are only allowed to be applied for 10 days at a time, but they can be extended though there has to be some kind of debate/review to allow that. They are clearly thinking that 10 days won't be long enough because they are preparing everyone for 20 days, and I'd be surprised if it is shorter than that. I'd like to say that I have confidence that it will end at 20 days, but tbh we've heard this before. A better assessment can be made in a couple of weeks.
snow report
Chris_n wrote:
Validity of Green Pass is reduced to 7 months from February too.

That will be "interesting" for the tourist industry!
snow conditions
munich_irish wrote:

Thanks...so I could try to change my 11th Dec flight to 13th Dec... but BA don't fly then, or the Tuesday, so I think it's a cancel... Sad
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
@munich_irish, glad to see Austria taking the lead on compulsory vaccinations. I hope other countries will follow suit.

Me too. I’m so over the anti vax excuses.
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
These kind of regs are only allowed to be applied for 10 days at a time, but they can be extended though there has to be some kind of debate/review to allow that. They are clearly thinking that 10 days won't be long enough because they are preparing everyone for 20 days, and I'd be surprised if it is shorter than that. I'd like to say that I have confidence that it will end at 20 days, but tbh we've heard this before. A better assessment can be made in a couple of weeks.

I could hope that they only last 10 days, and wait until then to cancel.

The hotel in Obergurgl might pre-empt and assume 20 days.

10 days unlikely to be enough and they wont be able to tell!
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee wrote:
under a new name wrote:

+1 with bells on
ski holidays
ptex wrote:
Thankfully my third vaccine dose has now appeared in the NHS app.

One bit of good news, I suppose

Mine does too. It was mentioned a few pages back from someone that had heard about what was happening with the app that it would be sorted within the next 8-10 weeks and it has been way quicker than that estimate (for mine anyway) so that’s good.
latest report
buchanan101 wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:
under a new name wrote:

+1 with bells on
90% ICU occupation is unvaxxed... you might think that would ring bells, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to penetrate as far as whatever grey matter may be there
snow conditions
so fines and imprisonment for not being vaxxed according to keine zeitung. Pretty drastic measure.

"The introduction of a general compulsory vaccination is also fixed. This comes on February 1st - combined with high administrative fines or substitute imprisonment."
https://www.kleinezeitung.at/international/corona/6063131/Corona-in-Oesterreich_Lockdown-und-Impfpflicht-fix-Mueckstein
snow report
The 12th Dec… if 20 days from Monday that would not include the 12th so it may be ok to travel on the 12th… if BA don’t cancel all their flights that is…
ski holidays
@Steilhang, I wonder if where Austria goes Germany might follow?
ski holidays
Flights booked for the 17th. This is going to take a lot of nerve holding!!!
ski holidays
Sorry if this is dumb question. In light of Austria's new lockdown, that has been announced today. Can I fly into and transit (via car) out of Innsbruck? I plan to fly on the 12th Dec and transit immediately to Italy. And they return via the same a week later.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 19-11-21 13:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
We can live in hope, but I can’t see airlines cancelling November and December flights, unless they’ve got flights with a very small number of existing bookings that will now be uneconomical to operate.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jcosh, The regulations under discussion finish on the 12th December so January not affected. You can speculate what may or may not happen after that but the plan is for there to be no restrictions as long as you are fully vaccinated (dont bother if you are not). There is talk in Italy of checks on the Brenner to ensure anyone entering Italy is vaccinated.
snow report
munich_irish wrote:
@Steilhang, I wonder if where Austria goes Germany might follow?
Söder would like to here in Bayern. I doubt they will go as far as imposing an impfpflicht, but will progressively make life more unpleasant for the unvaxxed. They don't really have any other choice. Another general lockdown? Possibly, but a lot of resistance to the idea here right now.
snow conditions
munich_irish wrote:
@Jcosh, The regulations under discussion finish on the 12th December so January not affected. You can speculate what may or may not happen after that but the plan is for there to be no restrictions as long as you are fully vaccinated (dont bother if you are not). There is talk in Italy of checks on the Brenner to ensure anyone entering Italy is vaccinated.

I plan to travel on 12 December.

I am double vaccinated, my son (who will turn 16 the week before travel, is single vaccinated)
ski holidays
@Jcosh, If it is December you should be OK (assuming the flights run) but your son might be more difficult. There are pages of threads discussing the issues around teenagers. I would guess yes it would be OK (assuming he complies with the Italian rules) but make sure you have details of your accommodation confirmations etc. with you.
ski holidays
sunweb has cancelled my trip
Today there was another press conference in Austria. We have just been told that a lockdown applies to the entire country until at least The 12th of December.

This means that your holiday to Austria cannot go ahead. We understand that this must be a huge disappointment, especially so close to your departure date, but unfortunately it is totally outside our control.
snow report
Jcosh wrote:
Sorry if this is dumb question. In light of Austria's new lockdown, that has been announced today. Can I fly into and transit (via car) out of Innsbruck? I plan to fly on the 12th Jan and transit immediately to Italy. And they return via the same a week later.

12th Jan shouldn't be a problem - the lockdown for all ends on 12th Dec.

I hope it actually ends on 11th Dec as that is 20 days inclusive from Monday - have just used a BA evoucher to book a flight on the 12th to replace my Avios flight on the 11th...

Easily cancellable...
snow report
buchanan101 wrote:
Jcosh wrote:
Sorry if this is dumb question. In light of Austria's new lockdown, that has been announced today. Can I fly into and transit (via car) out of Innsbruck? I plan to fly on the 12th Jan and transit immediately to Italy. And they return via the same a week later.

12th Jan shouldn't be a problem - the lockdown for all ends on 12th Dec.

I hope it actually ends on 11th Dec as that is 20 days inclusive from Monday - have just used a BA evoucher to book a flight on the 12th to replace my Avios flight on the 11th...

Easily cancellable...

Opps... I meant to say 12th December!!!
snow report
Flight booked for Innsbruck on 13th - can still cancel hotel up to 6th so everything crossed but ready to change plans - so desperate to go skiing again
snow conditions
waynos wrote:
What the heck is mandatory vaccination mean? Sounds ominous, I'm not antivax but making it law, don't get how that works.

I can't say for Austria, but at least here (Slovenia), there are several mandatory shots you get already when child. Considering there are few diseases that are no longer existing due nation/world wide vacination, I think it must be very similar also elsewhere in Europe. So mandatory vaccination is not something so new or something that never existed before.
How it would work? I guess slightly different then it was handled few decades ago in Yugoslavia, where army simply came and took people to vaccination point where they got vaccination for smallpox. But it worked and problem was gone in two months. I guess today, army won't be marching around taking people to vaccination points, but we well all see soon, as I'm pretty sure when one country will do this mandatory vaccination, others will follow real soon.
snow report
Noymychashkachaia wrote:
Flights booked for the 17th. This is going to take a lot of nerve holding!!!

Same here - flights booked for the 17th Dec! Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
Parts of Bavaria going into lockdown…
latest report
primoz wrote:
waynos wrote:

I can't say for Austria, but at least here (Slovenia), there are several mandatory shots you get already when child. Considering there are few diseases that are no longer existing due nation/world wide vacination, I think it must be very similar also elsewhere in Europe. So mandatory vaccination is not something so new or something that never existed before.
How it would work? I guess slightly different then it was handled few decades ago in Yugoslavia, where army simply came and took people to vaccination point where they got vaccination for smallpox. But it worked and problem was gone in two months. I guess today, army won't be marching around taking people to vaccination points, but we well all see soon, as I'm pretty sure when one country will do this mandatory vaccination, others will follow real soon.

I was wondering how they were going to make people have it too. I guess it depends on how big the fines are and if they are made to pay it. Prison? You wouldn’t think anyone would rather be fined or go to prison than have the vaccination would you, surely they must be in the very low numbers indeed?! Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy