Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
bambionskiis wrote:
@Specialman, yes by Austrian standards because 180 days recovered from COVID plus a single jab.

Recovery alone is valid for 180 days, if you then follow recovery with a single jab then it becomes 270 days from the date of the jab.

@Specialman, 12--15 year olds is a bit up in the air as Austrian children have a thing called a 'Ninja Pass' that they use for school, tests can validate this pass. The Ninja Pass is then usable for skiing, at the moment there is no mechanism for foreign children to do so. 16-18 year olds need 2 vaccines or recovery, this will not change.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman wrote:
bambionskiis wrote:
@Specialman, yes by Austrian standards because 180 days recovered from COVID plus a single jab.

Ah, I'm with you.

So still up in the air for single jab 12-18yo whether they're classed as vaccinated or not.

I haven’t got kids so I don’t know but is your 12-18 year old doing twice weekly lateral flows for school or whatever?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chris_n, ah. I was wondering what the ninja pass was referring to.

It's a proper minefield. My excitement for an Xmas ski holiday is quickly turning into "I can't be bothered with the hassle"
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
From government guidance it is not "up in the air". Children aged 12-18 can be fully vaccinated in Austria (either two vaccines Biontech, or prior infection and one vaccine. Janssen vaccines are only valid until 3. Jan so need to be supplemented with a second vaccine). The Ninja Pass is for school attendance only. 2G rules apply to gastronomy, tourism, ski lifts, events with more than 25 people.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mankei wrote:
From government guidance it is not "up in the air". Children aged 12-18 can be fully vaccinated in Austria (either two vaccines Biontech, or prior infection and one vaccine. Janssen vaccines are only valid until 3. Jan so need to be supplemented with a second vaccine). The Ninja Pass is for school attendance only. 2G rules apply to gastronomy, tourism, ski lifts, events with more than 25 people.

I think that was more pointed at the current guidance for Austrian kids to be fully vaccinated (i.e. a full course) but UK kids only have one jab won't be recognised as fully vaccinated.

From Austria.info: "Children under 12 years are currently exempt from entry rules, for minors between 12 and 18 years, a solution is being worked on."

EDIT: I suppose at this point it's going round in circles for some of us so it's probably best to wait it out until there's firm advise. :shrug emoji:
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Specialman, that website is merely a tourism portal. The current government guidance can be found here with the option to change to English in the top corner:

https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Aktuelle-Maßnahmen.html

It seems strange that the UK government acts against the dosage specified by the vaccine manufacturers, but rogue behaviour is perhaps not uncommon to the current UK government.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From the above website, this paragraph is relevant for children:

Kinder und Jugendliche: Kinder bis zum vollendeten 12. Lebensjahr sind von der G-Nachweispflicht ausgenommen und müssen somit kein Testergebnis vorweisen. Für Kinder und Jugendliche zwischen 12 und 15 Jahren (schulpflichtiges Alter) gilt: Der Ninja-Pass wird dem 2-G-Nachweis gleichgestellt und gilt daher auch als Zutrittsnachweis fürs Restaurant, Kino oder Seilbahnen. Nach Beendigung des neunten Schuljahres müssen auch Jugendliche über einen 2-G-Nachweis verfügen, um 2-G-Settings betreten zu dürfen.

Children and adolescents: Children up to the age of 12 are exempt from the G-proof requirement and therefore do not have to present a test result. For children and adolescents between 12 and 15 years of age (school age) the following applies: The ninja pass is equivalent to the 2-G certificate and is therefore also valid as an entry certificate for the restaurant, cinema or cable car. After completing the ninth year of school, young people must also have a 2-G certificate in order to be allowed to enter 2-G settings.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mankei wrote:
....It seems strange that the UK government acts against the dosage specified by the vaccine manufacturers, but rogue behaviour is perhaps not uncommon to the current UK government.

Thanks for that link. Nothing is ever easy in the UK Smile

I did read something about the UK health officials saying that for the 12-18yo age group, a single vaccine jab (the first part of a 2-jab system) is enough and also mitigates against any potential health implications. Not sure how concrete that info is but it then flies in the face of other countries using the same vaccines on the same age groups.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mankei wrote:
From the above website, this paragraph is relevant for children:

Kinder und Jugendliche: Kinder bis zum vollendeten 12. Lebensjahr sind von der G-Nachweispflicht ausgenommen und müssen somit kein Testergebnis vorweisen. Für Kinder und Jugendliche zwischen 12 und 15 Jahren (schulpflichtiges Alter) gilt: Der Ninja-Pass wird dem 2-G-Nachweis gleichgestellt und gilt daher auch als Zutrittsnachweis fürs Restaurant, Kino oder Seilbahnen. Nach Beendigung des neunten Schuljahres müssen auch Jugendliche über einen 2-G-Nachweis verfügen, um 2-G-Settings betreten zu dürfen.

Children and adolescents: Children up to the age of 12 are exempt from the G-proof requirement and therefore do not have to present a test result. For children and adolescents between 12 and 15 years of age (school age) the following applies: The ninja pass is equivalent to the 2-G certificate and is therefore also valid as an entry certificate for the restaurant, cinema or cable car . After completing the ninth year of school, young people must also have a 2-G certificate in order to be allowed to enter 2-G settings.

My bold, so the Ninja Pass which can be obtained by testing is valid as a 2G certificate and is not just for school as I said above.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mankei, The UK Government has not gone rogue over the vaccination of this age group. They are following the recommendations of the JVCI. There deliberations are on line here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/jcvi-statement-september-2021-covid-19-vaccination-of-children-aged-12-to-15-years/jcvi-statement-on-covid-19-vaccination-of-children-aged-12-to-15-years-3-september-2021

Please remember that this was the first body to recommend vaccine for adults in Europe, this was criticised both overtly and covertly by Europe.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Someone linked to the skiamade site above with the various regs with regard to certificates etc. This is what it has to say about teenagers

Quote:
Children:

From the age of 12, a 2G certificate is required
For school-age children, the fully completed "Ninja Pass" is also valid on weekends (issued only at Austrian schools)

which I suspect does not really help those on holiday.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
munich_irish wrote:
Someone linked to the skiamade site above with the various regs with regard to certificates etc. This is what it has to say about teenagers

Quote:
Children:

From the age of 12, a 2G certificate is required
For school-age children, the fully completed "Ninja Pass" is also valid on weekends (issued only at Austrian schools)

which I suspect does not really help those on holiday.

Totally...12-18yos are in limbo at the moment, especially those who's been jabbed in the UK; are they or aren't they vaccinated? depends which country you're in
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@chocksaway, sorry, I am unaware of an organisation such as JVCI. It is a UK government body? Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This is from the Hintertux website.
ski holidays
The Ninja pass looks like it’s only for Austrian school children ?
ski holidays
Or do you think the from “16 years” it means that only 2G proof is required from 16?
ski holidays
It is not a UK v the rest argument, there are all sorts of views. Here in Germany the committee of vaccination experts is called STIKO (https://www.rki.de/EN/Content/infections/Vaccination/Vaccination_node.html) and they are currently arguing very publicly with the politicians over who should & who should not get a booster. Germany is still happily giving out the J&J jab which Austria seems to have abandoned (seems to affect Dutch & Irish folk too). Yes it is all very irritating but inevitable with every country having their own set of regulations.
snow report
@Mankei, No it is an Independant advisory body whose remit is to consider and balance the risk and harm for a disease against the risk and harm from vaccines.

On this decision they were neither for or against, it was a fine balance. But they recommended the Directors of Public Health look at the balance of the risk to the overall population, the risks of kids losing out on education etc. The Government then had the final decision. Tricky stuff
ski holidays
Matrix wrote:
The Ninja pass looks like it’s only for Austrian school children ?

Yes
snow report
@Specialman, I guess another way around it is if your youngster (the 12 year old) happened to get COVID in the next week or so because then they would have a positive PCR test at least 28 days old but less than 6 months which would satisfy the ‘recovered’ element.
They may have even had it already without knowing but if they are doing regular lateral flow tests for school it should pick it up. Not ideal I know.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 9-11-21 18:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Mankei, Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI)

Reference:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/jcvi-issues-updated-advice-on-covid-19-vaccination-of-children-aged-12-to-15
snow report
@radar, I think they were just pointing out a typo, sarcastically…
snow report
Don't know if this helps anyone but I was asked in the taking teenagers skiing post if a letter from a doctor would be OK my reply was
Quote:

@djfletcher, I couldnt say for certain if a letter from a doctor would be OK, I would expect so if it was on NHS headed paper and contained all of the relevant information eg date of vaccine, type of vaccine, batch number etc. If you could get a print out of the entries in his NHS record to go with the letter it would be better.

Edit I have updated this with info from Austrian Embassy website:-

If you go to https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-london/travelling-to-austria/coronavirus-covid-19-and-travel-abroad/ and scroll down to:-
Evidence of low epidemiological risk can be provided as follows:

1) medical certificates according to Annex A or B, which confirm that the person named in the certificate
a) tested negative for SARS-CoV-2,
b) has been vaccinated against COVID-19  
c) has recovered from COVID-19  

Click on the link for Annex B and it will take you to an English language certificate that you can get your doctor to fill in alongside the letter and any print outs you can get. Text (but not formatting) of the Certificate below.

Anlage B
Medical Certificate
This is to certify that
name ................................................................................................................................................................
born ................................................................... in..........................................................................................
has been tested negative for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 on the ............................................... (date
of sampling) at ...................................................... (time of sampling):
molecularbiologically
with an antigen test; or
has recovered from a recent infection with SARS-CoV-2 since
…...................................... or
has been vaccinated with the vaccine ………………………………………………… on the following
dates:
First vaccination on: ………………………………………………………
Second vaccination on: ……………………………………………………
Third vaccination on: ……………………………………………………...
.............................., on ..............................
place, date, signature and seal of the certifying medical doctor
BGBl. II - Ausgegeben am 10. September 2021 - Nr. 393 1 von 1
www.ris.bka.gv.at

If I were you I would ask the Austrian Embassy in London, bearing in mind that while a test is sufficient to get into the country at the moment it is not sufficient to use a ski lift, restaurant or hotel so make sure the question is specific

If anyone does this and contacts the Embassy please provide a definitive update
snow report
Maybe someone with a teenager who has had Covid then been vaccinated could get a doctor to fill in the section about infection and the section for vaccination to fulfil requirements. The identical form is also in German on appendix A so that could also be filled in.
snow conditions
Another question regarding J&J booster,

Not too sure Even if I get a booster before January 3rd if it will be added to vaccination cert, I will have a vaccine card issued at vaccine centre,

Will this be sufficient
latest report
@2waterford, the vaccine cards are not acceptable as far as I know
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@2waterford, the vaccine cards are not acceptable as far as I know

Thank You
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@2waterford, vaccine appointment cards are not acceptable. In Austria we have a vaccine card that shows all vaccinations which is acceptable but doubt a UK one would be. Maybe you could get a doctor to fill in the Certificate linked above.
ski holidays
Chris_n wrote:
@2waterford, vaccine appointment cards are not acceptable. In Austria we have a vaccine card that shows all vaccinations which is acceptable but doubt a UK one would be. Maybe you could get a doctor to fill in the Certificate linked above.

It’s not an appointment card, you receive it after your vaccine, stating details, batch number etc
latest report
@2waterford, if it’s the EU yellow vaccine booklet, then I think those are ok, but otherwise can you not ask your GP for a certificate or some kind of printed confirmation?
snow report
@2waterford, are you in Ireland? If so then as @Scarlet says the yellow booklet is OK.
snow conditions
Chris_n and Scarlet thank You both for pointing me in the direction of my gp, printed the above form and will get it signed.
snow conditions
2waterford wrote:
Chris_n wrote:

It’s not an appointment card, you receive it after your vaccine, stating details, batch number etc

Too easy to forge/fiddle I’m afraid, the name is written on in pen and no NHS number/patient identifier number etc, I’ve seen them chucked/dropped on the floor so I can’t believe anywhere would accept them.
ski holidays
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
2waterford wrote:
Chris_n wrote:

Too easy to forge/fiddle I’m afraid, the name is written on in pen and no NHS number/patient identifier number etc, I’ve seen them chucked/dropped on the floor so I can’t believe anywhere would accept them.

I will bring the above form from Chris_n to my GP
ski holidays
@2waterford, sounds like you will be alright with your yellow vaccines booklet anyway
snow conditions
@Scarlet, rolling eyes , Spyderjohn’s coffee isn't bad either!
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, I emailed Hintertux and they said that it’s possible (there is a lobby group of resorts) that PcR tests will be allowed for foreign 12-15 year olds to harmonise the rules. Hopefully this is not only Europeans but those using the Green Pass system incl. UK. No timing though.
snow report
@Matrix, it doesn’t affect me as I’ve got no kids but I bet the others will be glad to hear that
latest report
Mask wearing is being policed by the lift attendants now, have seen two examples within 10 mins where the person has been told to get the mask on properly (no nose danglers etc) before being allowed in the gondola.
It’s peer regulated to a degree as well I was on a bus yesterday and a man in a group got on, sat down, took his mask off and put it in his pocket and his friends told him to put it back on!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy