Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@kb36, England definitely
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends what you mean by does Austria etc Each venue is different some just ask, some we showed screenshots on our phone I never actually ever went into the App itself I also showed the credit card paper we got when we had our jabs
I think the perception I came away with was as long as you had something that was fine
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jafa wrote:
Depends what you mean by does Austria etc Each venue is different some just ask, some we showed screenshots on our phone I never actually ever went into the App itself I also showed the credit card paper we got when we had our jabs
I think the perception I came away with was as long as you had something that was fine

Was thinking more about on arrival at salzburg Airport, already checked with some venue owners we know from their perspective
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kb36, Yes to both. But don't worry about arrival, the airlines won't let you board without them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With Covid Rates in UK going through the roof I’m worrying Austria will “Red list” UK travellers. Can anyone tell me why I shouldn’t be concerned?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tom H wrote:
With Covid Rates in UK going through the roof I’m worrying Austria will “Red list” UK travellers. Can anyone tell me why I shouldn’t be concerned?

Getting more and more likely. Much easier to block us now (politically and practically) after Brexit. It’s ok though, Boris managed to get his holiday.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
buchanan101 wrote:
Tom H wrote:

Getting more and more likely. Much easier to block us now (politically and practically) after Brexit. It’s ok though, Boris managed to get his holiday.

Quite possibly more likely. The rates in Austria (notably Salzburgerland and Upper Austria) are increasing and accelerating the problem, potentially, with UK visitors, might have an impact on any decisions, as the Winter season nears. We shall see.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tom H wrote:

UK travellers to Austria would become exposed to the Austrian infection rate, not the UK infection rate. Logically, provided they are vaccinated (and perhaps pre-travel tested) UK travellers shouldn’t present any additional risk to Austria. For UK travellers to Austria, the UK infection rate has no relevance. It would however be understandable if Austria red-listed the UK in terms of imposing restrictions on Austrian citizens travelling to the UK.

The largest threat is a worsening of infection rates in Austria.

If only politicians applied logic!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seems kids under 12 don’t need a test to enter Austria (from CH) but do they need one for restaurant/cinema entry etc? And if so what’s the easiest test to get locally? Thanks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tests are not required for under 12s.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BobinCH, Go to https://tiroltestet.at/ (works once you're in Austria), click “Anmeldung Antigentest” and again in the pink box on the next page. Tick the box whether it's for yourself or someone else, then for Telfs or Innsbruck choose “Region Mitte (I, IL)” and select the test centre you want, and then a time slot from the dropdown (normally gives you an hour). Fill in the details with your accommodation address, and contact info, and you'll get a barcode to show at the test centre. Take ID. If there's no queue, they'll be done in about a minute and the link to the certificate will turn up by email/text in 20-30min.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Are any of the kids 12 or older? Looks like they might need a test: https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/tests
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarlet wrote:
Are any of the kids 12 or older? Looks like they might need a test: https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/tests

Kids 9 and 11. My BiL based in Vienna has a 12yo but thinks all the kids may need tests for restaurants?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They need tests in Vienna, not in Tirol if under 12. Vienna has extra rules.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 20-10-21 10:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Vienna has different rules to most of the rest of Austria. They're stricter.

https://www.thelocal.at/20211014/what-are-the-covid-19-rules-and-restrictions-in-vienna-now/
latest report
According to this report https://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/oesterreich-3-g-regel-arbeitsplatz-1.5444971 the 3G rule is going to be compulsory in all Austrian work places from the 1st November. It also suggests that in places where the rule is in operation, such as in a supermarket, no more masks. Too me (though maybe this is based on inadequate information) this seems, in effect, to be the same as the "green pass" rule in Italy. It is also mentioned that 3G will apply in ski areas from 15th November but no details of whether this means when buying ski passes.
snow report
@munich_irish, the rule looks like it will be no more masks for 3G verified staff – customers still need to wear FFP2 (as they are not being checked). Yes, similar to rules in Italy.

I saw something about 3G for using ski lifts, but no info on how it would be enforced or how they might get around the public transport classification problem. I think it might be spot checks (i.e. no checks…)
latest report
Morocco news, should we now expect Europe / Austria to follow before the season starts?
snow report
Matrix wrote:
Morocco news, should we now expect Europe / Austria to follow before the season starts?

My guess (and it is only a guess), is that Morocco may well be a long way behind in population vaccinations and testing etc. Barring UK travellers may just be about limiting Covid exposure in the country who’s ability to medically deal with a major outbreak may be limited.

What concerns me more is the swift upward movement of infection rates in Austria.
snow report
I thought Austria's COVID related policies now depend on utilisation of intensive care unit (ICU) beds. Therefore, the number of infections could sky rocket, but if not many people end up in hospital, tighter restrictions would not be imposed. I am struggling to find a link for the current numbers though.
ski holidays
@Scarlet, I'm tracking that for Ski Amade, when you book your lift pass you'll be able to upload your 3G information and then the system will know that you meet the criteria when you swipe at the lifts. That should remove the need to carry lots of paper around with you. We'll see.
snow conditions
phillc wrote:
I thought Austria's COVID related policies now depend on utilisation of intensive care unit (ICU) beds. Therefore, the number of infections could sky rocket, but if not many people end up in hospital, tighter restrictions would not be imposed. I am struggling to find a link for the current numbers though.

Saw numbers of 200 and 300 yesterday for different levels.

Here you go

https://www.gurgl.com/winter/covid-19-safety-measures.html#scrollto:corona-plan
ski holidays
@RedandWhiteFlachau, I already have a lift pass. Nobody checked anything apart from a cursory check of my address (“Is this your address?” “Yes”)...

The problem with adding 3G info to lift passes is that storing medical data is a whole world of data protection pain that lift companies will not want to be involved in.
snow report
I was also wondering how something like the Steiermark Joker will work. They make it quite clear on their website that 3G compliance is up to the buyer: https://www.steiermarkjoker.at/index.php?seitenid=12&seite=faqs

Also, Turracher currently states that the lifts are public transport and only public transport rules (FFP2 masks) apply.

https://www.turracherhoehe.at/en/covid

--

What are the Corona rules for cable cars?

The same rules apply on cable cars as on public transport.
latest report
My lad travelled from the UK to Austria yesterday via Munich. Proof of vaccination ( but he has proof of recovery as well ) were the only documentation needed to check in at LHR
latest report
Looks like we're getting some slightly bizarre rules for the Christmas markets this year (this info is specific to Tirol, other states will have their own schemes). It seems that anyone is free to wander around the markets, but if you wish to eat or drink something, you have to present a 3G certificate at either the food stand or by the entrance, and you will receive a wristband(?) that shows you have been checked.

No mention of any mask requirement (they are, generally, outside), but it clearly cannot be assumed that everyone in the area is corona-free Confused Anyone expecting people to keep their distance at a Christmas market is having a laugh, these places get rammed.
snow report
@Scarlet, Here is the information on the Ski Amade site. Hopefully the "tool" will be up and running when the season starts.

1. Step: Buy lift pass in the online shop
2. Step: Link the pass to the 3G proof – enter ticket number and scan QR code (green passport, convalescent certificate, vaccination certificate)

Important note: This tool is currently still being developed and will be put online as soon as possible.

Until the online tool is completed, a visual check of the proof will be carried out in the ski area.
ski holidays
Quote:

slightly bizarre rules for the Christmas markets this year

Here In germany they're scattering the Christmas market all across town, rather than cramming it all in one place like normal. No idea about the rules for the sausage stalls or glühwein stands yet. I guess everywhere will do things a bit different. I imagine the glühwein will all be in disposable cups too.
Even in a normal year I refuse to go in to the Christmas market cos it's so rammed, and only go for the glühwein which is typically on the outside (at least here, anyway). Can't wait. I miss that fantastic aroma floating around town.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just got the UK Gov update eon entry into Austria for under 18 year olds:

Children up to the age of 12 do not have to provide a test result if travelling under supervision of an adult. If the accompanying adult has to self-isolate, the child must self-isolate too. The child can then leave self-isolation at the same time as the adult. If travelling unattended, the same requirements apply as for adults.

Children aged 12-18 must self-isolate and register on arrival, unless they or the adult travelling with them are exempt from self-isolation, for example through vaccination.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria/entry-requirements
latest report
Is there talk of giving a third vaccine dose in the coming months? The infection rates might jump in the next months, as protection from the second dose wanes. That could mean more restrictions (we'll be skiing mid January)
snow conditions
@sugardaddy, yes, that is already happening. Something like 6 months for vulnerable and over 60s(?), 9 months for everyone else, but here we can only make bookings up to Feb at the moment.
latest report
andy wrote:
Quote:

slightly bizarre rules for the Christmas markets this year

Here In germany they're scattering the Christmas market all across town, rather than cramming it all in one place like normal. No idea about the rules for the sausage stalls or glühwein stands yet. I guess everywhere will do things a bit different. I imagine the glühwein will all be in disposable cups too.
Even in a normal year I refuse to go in to the Christmas market cos it's so rammed, and only go for the glühwein which is typically on the outside (at least here, anyway). Can't wait. I miss that fantastic aroma floating around town.

I bought 20l (2x10l) on amazon.de (£13 something each)
Cost me £53 with delivery to UK & delivered within a week.
Not quite sure how it works out with the minimum pricing in wales!
But drinking some now & this evening…..
ski holidays
sugardaddy wrote:
Is there talk of giving a third vaccine dose in the coming months? The infection rates might jump in the next months, as protection from the second dose wanes. That could mean more restrictions (we'll be skiing mid January)

Treat us like mushroom (keep you in the dark & feed you poo-poo)
However - under 18s have had 1 jab
Booster announced for over 50’s
Data will show if 3rd in queue are under 50’s to get a booster next or under 18s a 2nd jab
snow report
The grass isnt always greener...

Infection rates have been increasing dramatically both here in Germany (especially southern Bavaria) and in parts of Austria over recent days. A short news item from the Sueddeutsche suggests tightening of restrictions for unvaccinated people in Austria (which I would guess would include teenagers)

Quote:
If the corona situation worsens dramatically, unprotected people in Austria face a lockdown. This measure can be considered if the intensive care beds are particularly busy, said the new Austrian Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg (ÖVP) after a crisis meeting with Health Minister Wolfgang Mückstein (Greens) and the governors, i.e. the prime ministers of the individual federal states.

The previous three-step plan with pandemic measures will be expanded by two more steps. Level four provides, among other things, a 2-G. rule in the catering trade. Level five takes effect when 600 intensive care beds are occupied in the country. Health Minister Mückstein said those who have neither been vaccinated nor recovered will have to be prepared for massive exit restrictions. Then, if necessary, leaving the apartment is only possible for valid reasons. Schallenberg ruled out a lockdown for those who had been vaccinated or recovered. He hoped that these plans would send a strong signal.

see https://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/corona-aktuell-pfizer-biontech-impfstoff-kinder-1.5442510
latest report
A little but more info on the new rules announced this morning, as per the above. In practical terms, if you are double vaccinated, recovered + 1 jab, or had a positive test in the last 6 months, you will be unaffected by the restrictions as long as you can prove your status. Children under 12 are exempt, so the main issue for visitors is still likely to be regarding un-vaxxed or partially vaxxed teenagers.

More info here: https://www.tt.com/artikel/30804283/corona-lockdown-fuer-ungeimpfte-bei-600-belegten-intensivbetten

Austria (with the exception of Vienna, which has stricter rules), is currently operating at level 1 in the chart. Level 2 is expected to be enacted soon, which essentially means that if you're not vaccinated you're not going for aprés ski, and antigen self-tests have no validity.
latest report
THe masks sold in austria...
do they tend to have ear loops or straps around the head?
snow conditions
Mr.Egg wrote:
THe masks sold in austria...
do they tend to have ear loops or straps around the head?

The cheap supermarket ones have ear loops. I have a couple with straps round the head, but they were bought in the DIY shop before the cheap ones were available, so you can get those but they're probably not 59 cents.

Also, we've found that the sizes are variable between brands.
ski holidays
FFP2 masks are on Amazon for about 50p to £1 each.

These seem to be CE marked - does anyone check?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wrapped-Filtration-Particle-Multiple-Layered/dp/B08RJXYYST/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3JUVHTSX20E10&dchild=1&keywords=ffp2%2Bmask&qid=1634982922&sprefix=FFP2%2Caps%2C176&sr=8-8&th=1&tag=amz07b-21
snow conditions
@buchanan101, no one has ever checked mine.
snow conditions
Mine has CE and all the info printed on the front so it's obvious
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy