Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
For the state of Salzburg http://www.salzburg-testet.at and click on the Union flag for English.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Chris_n, there is a red cross test centre in radstadt (which is free) by appointment, but frankly, much easier just to pop to the Drs in Flachau. Salzburg would take all morning. I've just done my C19 testing in my apartment in Flachau (cost £25) and if anythign goes wrong the Drs is my fall back on monday morning

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 11-09-21 10:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pamski wrote:
@Tom H, PLF is Passenger Locator Form.

Thanks. Understand the idea not heard the acronym before.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve struggled to find anything definitive, but does one need a PLF for returning UK to Austria?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cacciatore wrote:
I’ve struggled to find anything definitive, but does one need a PLF for returning UK to Austria?

Yes, PLF is mandatory for arrivals in the UK from all overseas countries
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cacciatore wrote:

If you mean returning from UK to Austria (I think you mean that) then if you are fully vaccinated you do not need to fill in an Austrian PLF.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cacciatore wrote:

2 jabs then def no form. In fact if you try and complete the form it won't let you proceed. Just upload your vax cert to the airline and take a printed copy if you can
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Tom H, the check was on the main road going into calais, the bit that keeps switching from 90 to 110.

I made sure i had the right form for each country and as has been commented on her before the originals of my car registration ( proof of ownership).

All it takes is one police person to have a boring day and pull over a foreign registered car
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@holidayloverxx, If you are flying back BA then they use the "Verifly" App which is supposed to speed up arrivals in the UK. That requires you to upload an approved test result plus your vaccination status and UK PLF. Not sure if they would accept your home testing. I'll let you know if the Verifly thingy saved us any time at Terminal 5!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@holidayloverxx, If you are flying back BA then they use the "Verifly" App which is supposed to speed up arrivals in the UK. That requires you to upload an approved test result plus your vaccination status and UK PLF. Not sure if they would accept your home testing. I'll let you know if the Verifly thingy saved us any time at Terminal 5!

Ryanair. Its not a home test (a home test is def not acceptable as you don't have a verified certificate). It's supplied by C19 testing and you take it with you. Take the test at the flat, photo the result with your passport and upload to C19 Testing. Certificate emailed back and uploaded to Ryanair. PLF tomorrow.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A couple of experiences of folk flying from Munich to the UK in the past couple of days. Our administrator's sister & brother in law flew to Glasgow via Amsterdam with KLM, no issues in Munich but they missed the connection in Amsterdam because of the time taken there to check the additional paperwork. My business partner flew to Manchester yesterday with Lufthansa. He said it was hardly different to previous experiences. They turned up at the airport very early and ended up sitting around as check in was completely normal (automatic baggage machines and gates). The paperwork was checked at the gate but this did not cause any great issues, easy flight and no issues in Manchester (no one checked any forms etc). Lesson here is to be cautious about short transfer times when changing planes.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Our experience of the airline was pretty good too. Innsbruck took there was no queue and the paperwork check took about 10 seconds. Then sat around for a while, but had only turned up 1.5hr before anyway, as usual.

In Vienna checks were more thorough but they started them at the gate before boarding. You queued up for the check and they stamped your boarding card, then when boarding opened you just showed the stamp and scanned your boarding pass as normal.

Queue at Manchester was long and spouted nonsense about distancing while treating people like cattle. Foreigners experienced choice Mancunian phrases only understandable with pointing as a first contact. Welcome to Britain. We’re quite special.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Chris_n and @holidayloverxx, many thanks. As I suspected but couldn’t seem to verify with absolute certainty.

Hopefully the return trip experience will be better than the outward bound. So many people trying to check in without either PLFs or, in some cases, proof of negative tests. Very poor BA management. With only 2 desks open for standard fare travellers and 1 for priority check-in, they probably should have “triaged” the queue to determine those that needed to complete additional forms/tests to speed up the process. It was painful, watching the beleaguered check-in staff having to deal with confused/ignorant passengers all the while the ever growing queue was getting ever more impatient.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Cacciatore, Ryanair do triage...well worth it but we still missed our slot
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris_n wrote:
Vaccination is now valid for 360 days not 270 days, the regulation will be in place next week.
From Tiroler Tagezeitung
New entry regulation: vaccination valid for one year in future

In future, the corona vaccination will be valid for one year as evidence of a low epidemiological risk. This emerges from the new regulations published on Friday for entry into Austria and for schools . The extension of the validity period from 270 to 360 days after the second stitch is also to be expected for the still pending ordinance on the general corona measures, the APA was confirmed on Friday by the Ministry of Health.

▶ ️  This Regulation should only expected early next week available to be - at least in good time before then enters the next package to defuse the crisis corona into force on Wednesday. A number of details have yet to be clarified.

Is this still on track to be official this week??
latest report
@kitenski, given the reports from the UK this morning & assuming you are over the magic age (I am guessing you are but might be wrong Very Happy ) then you will be fine until towards the end of 2022!
ski holidays
@munich_irish, I am, but my daughter had early jabs so needs the 365 rule Smile
snow report
kitenski wrote:
@munich_irish, I am, but my daughter had early jabs so needs the 365 rule Smile

My 270 days cut off half way through my planned holiday. The 180 day after positive test also didn't quite work out...

So - the 360 will be very welcome, as will partners Covishield jab being acceptable

Let's just hope we don't screw up again and everyone bans us for creating or incubating another variant that we then export
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
Chris_n wrote:
Vaccination is now valid for 360 days not 270 days, the regulation will be in place next week.
From Tiroler Tagezeitung
New entry regulation: vaccination valid for one year in future

In future, the corona vaccination will be valid for one year as evidence of a low epidemiological risk. This emerges from the new regulations published on Friday for entry into Austria and for schools . The extension of the validity period from 270 to 360 days after the second stitch is also to be expected for the still pending ordinance on the general corona measures, the APA was confirmed on Friday by the Ministry of Health.

▶ ️  This Regulation should only expected early next week available to be - at least in good time before then enters the next package to defuse the crisis corona into force on Wednesday. A number of details have yet to be clarified.

Is this still on track to be official this week??

It is official, the amendment was published on the 10th.
snow report
This wasn't updated a few hours ago but is now!

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

Vaccine Certificate
The following vaccines (including mix-and-match vaccines) are recognised: BioNtech/Pfizer, AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria and Covishield), Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Sinovac, and Sinopharm. (Please be aware that this only applies to entering the country. Sinovac/Sinopharm are not valid for entering hotels, restaurants etc. within Austria.) You are considered vaccinated:

if you have received both doses of AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria or Covishield), BioNtech/Pfizer, Moderna, Sinopharm, or Sinovac; OR
starting on the 22nd day after your one Johnson & Johnson dose; OR
if you have had a COVID infection and have received one vaccination dose (proof of past infection required).
The vaccine certificate is valid for 360 days after the 2nd dose for 2-dose vaccines. In people with a past infection + one vaccination, it is valid for 360 days after that one dose. If you have had a third/additional/booster vaccination, it is valid for 360 days from the third jab. For vaccines that require only one dose, it is valid from the 22nd day for 270 days from vaccination.

Proof of Past Infection
You can enter Austria for 180 days after a SARS-CoV-2 infection. Proof of neutralising antibodies is valid for 90 days from the test date.
latest report
UK also going to take away PCR testing for the day 2 tests etc. So that will make things easier and cheaper also.

Does Austria accept the NHS pass we have into whatever app they are using? For restaurants etc?

Alex
latest report
Clearly the whole situation is fluid - my plans involve arriving in Munich and transferring by road to Mayrhofen in Feb. The rules around arriving in Germany seem stricter than Austria!
ski holidays
Alex A wrote:
Does Austria accept the NHS pass we have into whatever app they are using? For restaurants etc?

Not sure about the app – download it and give it a try – but otherwise I understand the regulation is proof of whatever vaccine/infection you’ve had, rather than that proof being in any particular format. An NHS printout that clearly shows the details along with a bit of personal info should be fine, or probably the NHS app if the info is human-readable. Nobody has ever scanned my app or QR code on the printout, they just want to see something that vaguely looks like evidence and then they can tick the box that says they have checked. They are not, at the moment anyway, in the business of refusing service to customers who can prove they have been vaccinated.
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
Alex A wrote:

Not sure about the app – download it and give it a try – but otherwise I understand the regulation is proof of whatever vaccine/infection you’ve had, rather than that proof being in any particular format. An NHS printout that clearly shows the details along with a bit of personal info should be fine, or probably the NHS app if the info is human-readable. Nobody has ever scanned my app or QR code on the printout, they just want to see something that vaguely looks like evidence and then they can tick the box that says they have checked. They are not, at the moment anyway, in the business of refusing service to customers who can prove they have been vaccinated.

This is my experience too, no one here has scanned anything. Before I had the app I just had a scanned PDF of the certificate they sent me and that was fine for travel.
Don't know about Apple but Google Play requires you to have an Austrian profile and possibly to be in Austria to download Grunner Pass. I was quite surprised when I went to get it and it said not available in your location rolling eyes . Added a second Google account with location as Austria and it worked fine.
ski holidays
@schnitzel_skier, not sure why you say that. As long as you are fully vaccinated there is no issue, Germany has been letting in travellers from the UK longer than Austria. In both countries there are moves to restrict the activities of people who are not vaccinated, that could well affect the entry of non vaccinated non residents even more than at present.
latest report
I‘ve had my code QR code scanned a few times (Vienna, Austria) in restaurants & bars. It also gets scanned every time I enter the offices at work.
snow report
Using the UK scanning certainly doesn’t work here in Kirchberg
We just show the vaccine pdf on our phones
I also have the little light blue credit card size cardboard note of the dates they recorded having the vaccine the name of the jab and the batch no etc
That’s been accepted as well
snow report
@munich_irish, Travelling with offspring (14yrs old) - Austria it looks like they can enter travelling with vaccinated parents and a negative test (no quarantine) but it looks like Germany (at least right now) would require quarantine. Could be a different story if these vaccines for 12-15 are quickly rolled out
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@schnitzel_skier, is it not possible for the 14 year old to avoid quarantine if in transit ie on way to Austria?
latest report
@schnitzel_skier, whilst it is true that Germany insists on vaccination for all persons above the age of 12 and no exceptions for kids travelling with parents it does not apply to transit (I think 24 hours maximum). So no issue arriving in Munich for onward travel to Mayrhofen. Given that the UK has announced a vaccination programme for 12 and above it seems a moot point for a trip 5 months hence. The past 18 months has shown trying to predict what the situation will be that far in advance is pretty pointless but there is a general feeling both in Germany and in Austria that life for vaccinated people should return to "normal" whilst those who chose not to be for whatever reason must expect significant restrictions.
snow conditions
DB wrote:
I‘ve had my code QR code scanned a few times (Vienna, Austria) in restaurants & bars. It also gets scanned every time I enter the offices at work.

I think Vienna might be a special case. You’ve had technology over there for a while, but the rest of the country is still getting the hang of it Laughing
ski holidays
@Scarlet,
Yes „Wien ist anders“ and we are very grateful for the running water, electricity, drainage and QR code scanners. Toofy Grin
snow report
munich_irish wrote:
@schnitzel_skier, whilst it is true that Germany insists on vaccination for all persons above the age of 12 and no exceptions for kids travelling with parents it does not apply to transit (I think 24 hours maximum). So no issue arriving in Munich for onward travel to Mayrhofen. Given that the UK has announced a vaccination programme for 12 and above it seems a moot point for a trip 5 months hence. The past 18 months has shown trying to predict what the situation will be that far in advance is pretty pointless but there is a general feeling both in Germany and in Austria that life for vaccinated people should return to "normal" whilst those who chose not to be for whatever reason must expect significant restrictions.

But they are only going to give 12-17 year olds one jab - so they still won’t qualify (I hope I’ve got that wrong as wanting to go at Xmas with a 16 year old and a just-turned 18 yr old who may not have had his second jab in time).
latest report
@Pejoli, I think I read that the single jab will show as fully vaccinated on nhs app
snow report
@Pejoli, if that is the case then unless the rules change (they might) then anyone over 12 years old who is not fully vaccinated and travels from a "high risk" area has to quarantine if they come to Germany. Much could change between now and Christmas (I am presuming you are talking about a trip to Germany not Austria, even so it is likely that only those who comply with 2G, which from a UK perspective means fully vaccinated, will be allowed access to ski lifts, restaurants etc)
snow report
@munich_irish, That's good to know - thanks! So if we have proof of onward travel then hopefully no issues. I just have this horrible feeling things can (and likely will) spiral out of control again.
latest report
Verifly Update: Worked well at check-in in Munich, no need to produce any paperwork. Breezed through Terminal 5 on return, it may have just been the timing (19.30 on a Sunday evening) but no more than 5 mins to get through immigration.

But.....Lots of Brits at Munich Passport check being held up because they didn't have entry stamps on their passports. Most had entered Germany direct and NOT got stamped on entry. They had to prove they had only been in Germany for a short period of time (or any other Schengen country) with evidence of inbound travel. You've been warned!!
snow report
Looks like you'll need a stock of FPP2 masks to ski in Austria, validity of antigen test reduced as well:

https://planetski.eu/2021/09/16/new-covid-19-rules-introduced-in-austria-as-cases-rise/
snow report
@chocksaway, I left some there last week.
latest report
chocksaway wrote:
Looks like you'll need a stock of FPP2 masks to ski in Austria, validity of antigen test reduced as well:

https://planetski.eu/2021/09/16/new-covid-19-rules-introduced-in-austria-as-cases-rise/

Those are the general regulations that came in to force today, they may have changed several times by winter so don’t read too much into them. A separate discussion is ongoing regarding the ski season, the decisions of which will be revealed in the next few days/weeks.

FFP2 masks are available in any Austrian supermarket for 0.59€ each.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy