Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Saw this in the Süddeutsche Zeitung (easier to post a quote via Google)

Quote:
Step-by-step plan with restrictions for unvaccinated people in Austria

In Austria, there will be restrictions for unvaccinated people in the future with increasing occupancy in intensive care units. Chancellor Sebastian Kurz said the conservative-green federal government had created a step-by-step plan together with the state leaders. From an occupancy of 15 percent of the intensive care places, which corresponds to an occupancy of 300 beds, a 2-G rule should apply to clubs and bars, i.e. access only for vaccinated and convalescent people - instead of the 3-G rule as before ( Vaccinated, recovered and those who tested negative), said Health Minister Wolfgang Mückstein. There should be no restrictions for vaccinated people. "What we are experiencing at the moment is a pandemic of the unvaccinated," said Kurz. (08.09.2021)

We shall have to wait to see what this means for skiing but it is probably not unreasonable to suggest that it will be 2G only on ski lifts.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The main change at the moment is that FFP2 masks are being reintroduced on 15th Sept, so there's a good chance that will carry into the winter regs rolling eyes Other changes are to do with test types and validity, so probably not relevant here.

The 2G regulation includes vaccinated people and those who have had a positive test in the last 6 months (you'll need some kind of official proof of this). After 6 months, you need to get vaccinated to retain the same level of access.

There is a separate discussion going on regarding winter tourism, which has a much higher chance of happening this year as “there will be no more lockdowns in Austria”. We shall see. Details in the next few days.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is all very frustrating. I was a volunteer in the clinical trial, so had second dose a year ago now. Some amazing December deals, but as it stands I wouldn't be allowed in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tccambs, congratulations on being a clinical trial volunteer, that was public spirited of you. Unfortunately it looks like you could well end up being penalised for doing so..... Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So has the validity of the vaccine been Cut down to 6 from 9 months ? I really not good news ! Any links to this ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
DanishRider wrote:
So has the validity of the vaccine been Cut down to 6 from 9 months ? I really not good news ! Any links to this ?

I think you are referring to the post a few above that talks about having tested positive in the last 6 months (at least I hope so).
Reading back a few pages I can only see that vaccinations are considered out of date after 270 days.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tom H wrote:
DanishRider wrote:

I think you are referring to the post a few above that talks about having tested positive in the last 6 months (at least I hope so).
Reading back a few pages I can only see that vaccinations are considered out of date after 270 days.

Thank you - Got a bit scared there Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm hoping the 3rd shot is going to restart the 270 day count?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sibhusky, why wouldn't it....assuming the count continues to exist next year?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
6 months refers to post infection not vaccine. Latest regarding 270 days is the proposal here is currently to offer boosters between 9 and 12 months for under 65 or maybe 60s in which case the number of days will change to 365.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
as far as i know until now is 270 days for AUT.
However (according to the German Forum) there are some thoughts for 6 Months but i think they will do nothing until Spring...
otherwise they will loose more customers/tourists.
To the other countries e.g. Germany, Holland there are only thoughts about 3d Vaccine...if AUT announced that the vaccinated are eligible only 6 months after the 2nd Vac, then they will loose more Tourists from GER or Holland etc
and right now it is too risky.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@turms2, 6 months is for those who have recovered
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx wrote:
@turms2, 6 months is for those who have recovered

yeap...at present...i said that there are some thougts (or better rumors)
but i think it will not happened until maybe spring or summer
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jafa, Just back and completed the Eurotunnel health check, using ipad and phone.

The onus is on the transport provider to ensure that you have completed the entry requirements, completed my return to UK form then saved it as a pdf, got my negative flow test result as a pdf, up loaded both into Eurotunnel.

The only problem was UK border force that had initially only two lanes open and the eventually a third, it wasn't particularly busy, however it still took over an hour to get through, the queue was beyond the french border control, lots of impatient people walking around looking angry! When i got to the French control point there was noone there, I waited until a nice French officer wondered over took my passport into the office stamped it and gave it back with a smile, I can't be a 100% sure but some cars went through without getting an exit stamp.

UK border force are having lots of staffing issues.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris_n wrote:
6 months refers to post infection not vaccine. Latest regarding 270 days is the proposal here is currently to offer boosters between 9 and 12 months for under 65 or maybe 60s in which case the number of days will change to 365.

365 relative to which date?
snow conditions
@sibhusky, the date of your most recent vaccination.
snow report
Ta for that info radar. Given this thread, I'm assuming that you have been to Austria. That being the case, can you advise on:
- Whether covid tests for tourists are readily available in Austria? (ie the ones allowing readmission to the UK.)
- Cost of them?
- Whether you had to present proof of tests or vaccination in any countries you passed through?

Until now, I have been of the 'Wait until covid goes away before travelling abroad' school of thought rolling eyes - and really couldn't be bothered with all the testing and carry on of foreign travel. However, as covid is going nowhere and Mrs MA and I want to go skiing this winter, I do need to start looking at options...
latest report
@mountainaddict, free tests are currently available for all, but you do not need a test if you have proof of vaccination.
latest report
@mountainaddict, Tests are only free in larger test centres which could be a pain depending on where you are going and whether you have a car or not. Tests in pharmacies which you can find in most tourist towns are €25 each, takes about 10 mins to get results sent. This could change before winter as there has been a lot of talk about charging for tests as only unvaccinated locals need them. Winter is too far away to be trying to plan around current requirements as they are sure to change. The government here are adamant that tourism is going to happen.
snow report
Thanks both Smile
Mankei - I'm assuming you mean to get into Austria, as opposed to get back into the UK Puzzled

Chris_n - We're probably looking at an early doors (November?) glacier trip to somewhere touristy like Hintertux or Stubai and would have a car (either our own via The Channel or a hire car if we decide to fly).
ski holidays
@mountainaddict,
https://www.tirol.gv.at/gesundheit-vorsorge/infekt/coronavirus-covid-19-informationen/tirol-testet/informationen-in-unterschiedlichen-sprachen/english/

Details in English. Hopefully nothing will change before November, if it does I'm sure they will update that page.
latest report
@mountainaddict, our business is now back to sending people around Europe for work plus we have been going on holiday to various countries etc. In general as long as you are fully vaccinated then you will have few if any problems. What is becoming more painful is for those people who are not fully vaccinated, more and more tests are required and there are going to be increasing restrictions. If you are driving from the UK the only place you are likely to need to show certificates etc is entering France, there are practically no checks within Schengen (I say practically because there is the odd spot check but you are unlikely to come across them) and health forms are not required for transit. I would assume you would need to fill in the relevant form and have a certificate at your final destination. The biggest faff at the moment seems to be travel into the UK with the requirement for two tests even for those fully vaccinated.
snow conditions
@mountainaddict, yes I live in Austria. Sorry I know nothing about visiting the UK.
ski holidays
@mountainaddict, Unfortunately not, I went to the Dutch GP, lots of free testing in The Netherlands Very Happy

Filled in a form to cross France had to show it on the way out, another form for Belgium do it online and you have the option to tick transit, form to enter The Netherlands I believe they have a transit one as you have 12 hours to get out
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
The main change at the moment is that FFP2 masks are being reintroduced on 15th Sept,.

I must have missed that one, somehow! When was that announced? Glad I spotted this, anyway (and thanks for posting it), as returning to Austria on the 15th.
snow conditions
Vaccination is now valid for 360 days not 270 days, the regulation will be in place next week.
From Tiroler Tagezeitung
New entry regulation: vaccination valid for one year in future

In future, the corona vaccination will be valid for one year as evidence of a low epidemiological risk. This emerges from the new regulations published on Friday for entry into Austria and for schools . The extension of the validity period from 270 to 360 days after the second stitch is also to be expected for the still pending ordinance on the general corona measures, the APA was confirmed on Friday by the Ministry of Health.

▶ ️  This Regulation should only expected early next week available to be - at least in good time before then enters the next package to defuse the crisis corona into force on Wednesday. A number of details have yet to be clarified.
ski holidays
@Chris_n, yes, good news about the 270 days being increased to 360 days. More info here: https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/BgblAuth/BGBLA_2021_II_393/BGBLA_2021_II_393.html?fbclid=IwAR1rrht4vFcahthA8je1dYOkmb3ZIw6TObUeskc1u-J4t0sL8h_cZ7Ib3mQ
snow conditions
Cacciatore wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
The main change at the moment is that FFP2 masks are being reintroduced on 15th Sept,.

I must have missed that one, somehow! When was that announced? Glad I spotted this, anyway (and thanks for posting it), as returning to Austria on the 15th.

Wednesday
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks to all for the info so far - it's appreciated. Mrs MA and I are fully vaccinated - so it sounds about as good as it could be at present.
ski holidays
@mountainaddict, Meant to add that on my way up to the Netherlands just north of Calais the police had a road block up and were checking papers for those heading towards Calais, best to check all the forms you need to complete for transiting.
latest report
mountainaddict wrote:
Ta for that info radar. Given this thread, I'm assuming that you have been to Austria. That being the case, can you advise on:
- Whether covid tests for tourists are readily available in Austria? (ie the ones allowing readmission to the UK.)
- Cost of them?
- Whether you had to present proof of tests or vaccination in any countries you passed through?

Until now, I have been of the 'Wait until covid goes away before travelling abroad' school of thought rolling eyes - and really couldn't be bothered with all the testing and carry on of foreign travel. However, as covid is going nowhere and Mrs MA and I want to go skiing this winter, I do need to start looking at options...

COVID tests in Austria are free for the time being at numerous test centres, but may be chargeable at certain private clinics. They are certainly widely available free in Salzburgerland, booked online via salzburg-testet.at . We weren’t asked for proof of tests or vaccination in France or Germany, but no guarantee that you won’t get spot checked.
ski holidays
In Tirol, the free antigen tests you can get via the official govt tiroltestet website are fine for travel to the UK – I know this as I’ve just used one to do that.

It was interesting to me just how UK centric the PLF is though, and how difficult it would be for a non-native to complete (took me 2 hrs). Have you spent any of the last 10 days in Austria’s island territories indeed rolling eyes

The Randox one for the day 2 test was so bad I almost gave up 2 or 3 times Confused
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
Have you spent any of the last 10 days in Austria’s island territories indeed rolling eyes

Laughing Laughing
snow report
radar wrote:
@mountainaddict, Meant to add that on my way up to the Netherlands just north of Calais the police had a road block up and were checking papers for those heading towards Calais, best to check all the forms you need to complete for transiting.

Was this check point on the main road (motorway?) in or a minor road? I had been thinking roadblocks on major roads would be unlikely.
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
In Tirol, the free antigen tests you can get via the official govt tiroltestet website are fine for travel to the UK – I know this as I’ve just used one to do that.

It was interesting to me just how UK centric the PLF is though, and how difficult it would be for a non-native to complete (took me 2 hrs). Have you spent any of the last 10 days in Austria’s island territories indeed rolling eyes

The Randox one for the day 2 test was so bad I almost gave up 2 or 3 times Confused

How does the free testing work? Book on-line go to a centre? What is PLF?
ski holidays
Flachau Testing. Got an Antigen Test to return to UK yesterday, €20 pp for non-residents, Dead easy and results emailed within an hour. If the test centre porta-cabin is closed just go into the surgery next door. Details here. https://www.testzentrum-flachau.com/?fbclid=IwAR1RhcrCrJovDu9CV8HXyn6NELE31gVGMyLVepHjht4MjhXYHTUkgRj2C38
snow report
@Tom H, PLF is Passenger Locator Form.
ski holidays
@Tom H, if you dont know what a PLF is perhaps you should read the guidance https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england
snow conditions
@Tom H, yes register online and go to test centre.

info on free tests in English for Tirol

https://www.tirol.gv.at/gesundheit-vorsorge/infekt/coronavirus-covid-19-informationen/tirol-testet/informationen-in-unterschiedlichen-sprachen/english/

Info for Salzburg unfortunately in German as I am not familiar with the layout of the site, open in Chrome to translate

https://www.salzburg.gv.at/themen/gesundheit/corona-virus/coronatests/antigen-schnelltests
snow conditions
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
Flachau Testing. Got an Antigen Test to return to UK yesterday, €20 pp for non-residents, Dead easy and results emailed within an hour. If the test centre porta-cabin is closed just go into the surgery next door. Details here. https://www.testzentrum-flachau.com/?fbclid=IwAR1RhcrCrJovDu9CV8HXyn6NELE31gVGMyLVepHjht4MjhXYHTUkgRj2C38

That is a test carried out at a doctors, in Tirol we have dedicated screening sites that are free. Doctors and pharmacies charge usually €25. I'm sure Salzburg will have the same offer available.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy