Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@jafa, you do the passenger locator form online through the UK government website, no more than three days in advance.

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

Don’t use the Eurotunnel app, got to the website through your phone/ipad

For your covid test, this is the Eurotunnel requirements, you need the text or email to show them.

A negative COVID test
All passengers aged 11 or over travelling on our passenger service require a negative result from a non-NHS PCR or a non-NHS Antigen (lateral flow). You must take the test in the 3 days before your booked departure.

At UK border controls you will need to present an email or text message certificate in English, French or Spanish issued by the testing facility (more information) - failure to do so will result in a £500 fine
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So are you saying that I dont need to do the "leaving France one"
Important! Before you travel...
Complete your API
You must add passport or identity card details for all people travelling.
Add your API now
Complete your health Declarations Folkestone to Calais
All passengers must complete health declarations and provide evidence of being fit to travel. Full details can be found here. These must be completed for each passenger, and presented digitally or printed to border control authorities.
Add your Health documents before 06/09/2021
Complete your Health Declarations Calais to Folkestone
All passengers must complete health declarations and provide evidence of being fit to travel. Full details can be found here. These must be completed for each passenger, and presented digitally or printed to border control authorities.
Add your Health documents before 18/09/2021

At this point you click on the link and it takes you to a health declaration where you have to complete the leaving France to an amber country, ie currently the UK is amber.

At least if I print it off while still in the UK, I can complete it in Austria before I depart, and take a phot on my phone and upload it on the site, just not the app, which I found strange
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jafa, I agree the layout of the site is confusing, you need to print off the French declaration, print off a copy or two of your covid vaccinations ( you can do this throught the nhs app, you will be asked to show them at French passport control.

Coming back, if you try to do anything on the Eurotunnel site it won’t let you do it as it’s to far in advance, no more than 3 days before returning to the UK complete your return to uk form online, get your flow test done travel, go on to the Eurotunnel site and complete your health declaration
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flew in to Salzburg today. No issues, just required to show vaccination certificates. Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@RedandWhiteFlachau, totally as expected if double jabbed. I'm travelling Friday...can't wait
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
Flew in to Salzburg today. No issues, just required to show vaccination certificates. Very Happy

To confirm, you only needed the vaccine pass and weren't asked for any forms or tests either at boarding or on entry to Austria? That's my understanding, but good to hear from someone who's recently been through the process.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Remember to take your certificates out with you when you visit bars and restaurants, and even the mountain huts. Enforcement is quite rigid.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Austrian Seagull wrote:
Remember to take your certificates out with you when you visit bars and restaurants, and even the mountain huts. Enforcement is quite rigid.

Or put it on your phone and take that. For values of “rigid” from not at all bothered, through verbal confirmation, to cursory glance. Nobody has ever, at all, verified mine. Maybe it's different where you are.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scarlet wrote:
Austrian Seagull wrote:

Or put it on your phone and take that. For values of “rigid” from not at all bothered, through verbal confirmation, to cursory glance. Nobody has ever, at all, verified mine. Maybe it's different where you are.

We’re in Salzburgerland and haven’t yet been anywhere that hasn’t asked to see evidence of vaccination from customers. Of course they only glance at the phone/paper, but anyone who can’t offer something to be glanced at is refused service.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Austrian Seagull wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
Austrian Seagull wrote:

We’re in Salzburgerland and haven’t yet been anywhere that hasn’t asked to see evidence of vaccination from customers. Of course they only glance at the phone/paper, but anyone who can’t offer something to be glanced at is refused service.

Well so far I've been in 3 different hostelries/hutte, a dozen or so shops, my garage, builder's office and the Flachau Haus and nobody has asked me to produce anything. Mask ware indoors is about 50/50 but not in any of the bars.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@holidayloverxx Weather is stunning, hope it holds for your arrival.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Scarlet, Was asked to fill in a declaration on the plane, but then nobody asked for it on arrival.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@RedandWhiteFlachau, Thanks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx Weather is stunning, hope it holds for your arrival.

excellent! linen frocks packed
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Finally starting to think about the usual weekend trip to Austria in January, long awaited after missing last year!

Our usual format is fly to Zurich or Munich then transfer to St Anton, Mayrhofen etc. I am a bit worried that a cross-border itinerary like this might increase the challenges of the trip - so might look to make sure that we fly into Innsbruck or Salzburg. What do folk think? I know a lot can change in next 4 months!

Also one of the group is not vaccinated (out of choice - he's one of those antivaxxers) - how will this impact him getting into Austria and when he is there?
snow report
MontyP wrote:
Also one of the group is not vaccinated (out of choice - he's one of those antivaxxers) - how will this impact him getting into Austria and when he is there?

Ditch him............ much easier Shocked

I think he needs to self-isolate ( possible to test for release after 5 days ) as well as show proof of a negative test upon arrival....... I don't know, see what you think...........

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations
ski holidays
@MontyP, new measures in light of the fourth Covid wave are due to be announced next week. Speculation is rife about a 1G rule, which would essentially bar unvaccinated people from entry and from using hotels and gastronomy (although it remains to be seen how strictly such a rule would be enforced). Of course Austria is not the only country discussing this, vaccinations "passports" are a hot topic right now.
ski holidays
@MontyP, well, Innsbruck is pretty handy for access to the resorts you’ve mentioned, so it would come down to flight availability. If you’re in London, direct should be pretty easy, but not so much for other parts of the UK. You could transfer in Vienna, but that doesn’t increase your options that much (Frankfurt or Amsterdam are more common, but don’t solve your border issues).

At this point, you need to show proof of vaccination, recovery or a regular test to get access to a lot of things you’d want to do on holiday. However, this may change and the test option may get thrown out – it’s all under discussion at the moment. Even if it remains, your mate will probably need a daily test to get access to the hotel and restaurants, maybe ski areas too. It will be a PITA. Life will be much easier if he gets jabbed.
ski holidays
Thanks for the fast responses, yes ditching the anti-vaxxer seems like the best plan! Very Happy Innsbruck is an option but the flight times are always a lot more limited than Munich (and much more expensive)
snow report
MontyP wrote:
Thanks for the fast responses, yes ditching the anti-vaxxer seems like the best plan! Very Happy Innsbruck is an option but the flight times are always a lot more limited than Munich (and much more expensive)

I think you are way more likely to have a successful trip without him to be honest!
After all what do you do if he can’t go here or there or whatever, what a pain in the backside!
If it was me I’d only be going with people who had been double vaccinated so the same rules apply to all of us
snow report
@MontyP, it is clear that many countries are moving towards a situation where folk who have been vaccinated can go about their life "normally" while those that are not will find that any sort of "normality" becomes far more difficult. For anyone who is not an EU citizen or resident in the relevant country that almost certainly means travel into that country will be difficult if not impossible. So for your potential Austrian ski trip, if you are vaccinated then flying into Munich or Zürich and travelling onward is likely to be no issue if you have your vaccine certificate. I would also suggest that using ski lifts is also going to be well nigh impossible for anyone without a certificate. I am sure there will be those who will find this very upsetting but that is the reality of where we are. I know not Austria but Italy seems on the verge of making vaccinations compulsory https://www.politico.eu/article/italian-prime-minister-mario-draghi-supports-mandatory-coronavirus-vaccines/ . France has been moving along the same lines. Here in Germany the talk is of 2G (which in UK terms means vaccinated) simply to go to the local pub and I believe Austria is going the same way.

If your friend is not willing to be vaccinated then they are going to be staying at home.
snow report
Is it the case that Austria is saying your second jab can't be more than 270 days ago?
latest report
@Ghost Dog, yes...Read back, it's been discussed
snow report
Ghost Dog wrote:
Is it the case that Austria is saying your second jab can't be more than 270 days ago?

Although likely to change as present discussions seem to be about boosters between 9 and 12 months for younger people.
snow report
I'm glad we're talking boosters now as I had visions of having to drive to another state to get a third shot before my trip. I'm just hoping it stay as generally available for all in few weeks and not just for oldsters as my daughter will need one as well.
ski holidays
It could be a big issues for many in UK including for
My family. 1) 270 day rule, 2) Requirement that 12 and over 12s are vaccinated.
snow report
On the 270 day rule, my working assumption is that business travel will only be possible on that basis if either a national booster campaign is put in place (which I feel is likely in combination with seasonal flu jabs), or if private providers are able to service that need in a way which allows verification of vaccination for travel. Either way, I expect to be able to travel - it's just a few more hoops to jump through.

With 2 kids in the 12-17 bracket for some time yet, the requirement to have them tested within 48-72 hours before arrival is more of a concern at the moment - when flying that's relatively easy, but driving through France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany first complicates matters considerably. The transit rules make it easier, but we typically stop over in Germany so we then have to meet 2 sets of requirements, or maybe 3 if the French are checking on entry.
latest report
I really hope they can the 270 rule (or the Uk does boosters!!) when they start to understand the impact on tourism!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My second vaccination was on 22/5/21, so I am OK for my planned trips as the 270 days takes me to 16/2/22 which is right in the middle of half term week, and so on entry I will have been fully vaccinated less than 270 days ago. If I wanted a March trip it's currently a different story, though of course at that point I could just produce a negative test like (many of) the anti-vaxxers.
latest report
@ousekjarr, I very much doubt it will stay at 270 days but not really worth consideration until we announce a countrywide booster plan. Atm individual regions are going their own way on this with some having started already some including Tirol later this month. They are saying at the moment that younger people will be between 9 and 12 months, if this is the case then they will increase to 365 days. The latest discussions are around making tests only valid for 24 hours and many are pushing for vaccinated only for access to bars etc, this could also include ski lifts and accommodation. The cable car operators association are pushing for mandatory vaccine for employees.
ski holidays
@Chris_n, are the discussions about everyone over 12? There seems to be a split between UK practice and many other places where secondary school kids are getting jabs but not in UK. Similar discussions taking place here about moving to "2G" only but the impending election making firm decisions difficult. Here most restrictions have been lifted on outdoor activities (including drinking!) any thoughts about outdoor apres?
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
@Chris_n, are the discussions about everyone over 12? There seems to be a split between UK practice and many other places where secondary school kids are getting jabs but not in UK. Similar discussions taking place here about moving to "2G" only but the impending election making firm decisions difficult. Here most restrictions have been lifted on outdoor activities (including drinking!) any thoughts about outdoor apres?

The same reason under 16's are not getting the Jab as the same reason elderly are not getting a booster.
They are still working out which set are in line first.
Immunocompromised (about 500k) are next in line after the 16-18 age group. I guess then it is a numbers game & if the elderly infections rates (& deaths) are going up, or if they can start on the U16s
latest report
@Mr.Egg, the issue is not whether this is a good idea or not but that some places are already doing this. As far as I understand it Germany is insisting on all over 12s being vaccinated or if not then quarantine if you travel from a "high risk" area (UK currently is one) no exceptions for travelling with parents etc. Clearly that is a big issue for a good number of UK families, if Austria goes the same way that would stop holidays for them.
latest report
@munich_irish, I haven't seen anything regarding travel and 12 - 16s recently, last I saw was if they are accompanied by fully vaccinated adults then they do not need to quarantine. Don't really know where that would leave them regarding entry to places or ski lifts. It will be expensive and time consuming if you need to test your kids everyday. Hopefully there will be some clarity on proposals shortly.
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
@Mr.Egg, the issue is not whether this is a good idea or not but that some places are already doing this. As far as I understand it Germany is insisting on all over 12s being vaccinated or if not then quarantine if you travel from a "high risk" area (UK currently is one) no exceptions for travelling with parents etc. Clearly that is a big issue for a good number of UK families, if Austria goes the same way that would stop holidays for them.

announcement in the timing is key. The newspapers here in the UK are pushing the waning immunity agenda & questioning about top up vaccines.
Do you do the 9m pensioners first or or 5m 12+ yr olds first?
If you choose the kids, you will be accused of throwing the pensioners under a bus.
Do the pensioners first Then you have the 50+ asking about a top up, then the 40+, etc.

The JVCI are still deciding if it is beneficial to vaccinate 12+ or not.

Today, the UK has agreed to loan Australia 4m Pfizer vaccines. So I don't think we will be seeing 12+ vaccinated until those loaned vaccines are returned later in the year.
ski holidays
Why does it need to be either/or? Is the UK low on vaccines? Other countries are doing both at the same time.
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, how did you get on today ?
snow report
@Timberwolf, easy peas lemon squeezy.

Ryan Air Stansted to Vienna. Uploaded my jab cert to Ryanair for outward and return. Was able to print both boarding cards with the cert. I'll have to do the passenger locator form and upload that and the test result to return. Docs checked at bag drop and given a slip of paper, after that all normal. At Vienna showed border control the cert. Got another slip which said already checked so just put it on the pile and walked through.
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
Why does it need to be either/or? Is the UK low on vaccines? Other countries are doing both at the same time.

No one knows whether the UK is short of vaccines, it's something the government has been very quiet about. Although they are 'lending' Australia 4m doses over the next month or so with repayment in December I believe.
ski holidays
Austrian Seagull wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
Austrian Seagull wrote:

Well so far I've been in 3 different hostelries/hutte, a dozen or so shops, my garage, builder's office and the Flachau Haus and nobody has asked me to produce anything. Mask ware indoors is about 50/50 but not in any of the bars.

OK, day 3 update, we were asked twice today to show evidence of vaccinations. Once in a cafe in Eben and the second in the Paulerai in Flachau, so lesson is carry your vaccination evidence with you. Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy