Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@Matrix, we aren't allowed in anyway
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@holidayloverxx, I know but I had hoped it would be allowed from end of June. But this Indian thing has spooked Germany and Austria at least until vaccinations are up to a good level.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wasn't aware that any country outside Europe had 70% of it's population fully vaccinated. Maybe it's Israel if 56.6% of the total population equates to 70% of the adult population.
(Gibraltar is quoted as having approx. 99%, Austria is around 15%, UK approx. 35% )

Could be UAE.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker/?areas=gbr&areas=isr&areas=usa&areas=eue&cumulative=1&populationAdjusted=1
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DB, i'm indeed coming from Israel. The Pfizer jabs actually saved our collective back bottoms, some people couldn't care less about the regulations last year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
drporat wrote:
stanton wrote:
Seriously.
Why are people trying to travel across the continent to Austria..
Anyone could be carrying Asymptomatically the Indian Variant even if Vaccinated .
Holidays are not essential ...
Wait a fee months more until Europe has atleast 70% FULLY Vaccinated

True but here almost all the adults had their 2 shots of Pfizer and the daily number of new cases is so low that they are abolishing most restrictions in the next days.
From what I read, nobody in Tirol is having parties and everybody wears a FFP2, no less. I have a higher risk of dislocating a joint then to bring home some exotic variant

drporat
What coutry are you talking about here?

Edit -just seen your answer above.

If you were coming from the UK I'd have to agree with Stanton - so glad I don't have to do that. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The Embassy website has been updated to include the landing ban on UK flights from 1 June.

https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-london/
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Today I drove from Tyrol to Munich and back, the first time I've done the trip since September last year. I was all set, having a negative result from a quick antigen test I took yesterday and having filled out online and printed an Austrian P-T-C form (= Pre-Travel-Clearance in best Neudeutsch Laughing). I understood from the Internet that I didn't require the corresponding German P-T-C since my visit would be for less than 24 hours. I was more worried about the Germans not letting Brits in, though I was assuming that would be understood as people coming from the UK.

Need I have bothered? Probably. But I was waved through without any check whatsoever at the Austria-German border on my way to Munich. The only thing of note there was a long queue of lorries going in the other direction, with traffic jams half way to the Inntal junction from the Salzburg autobahn and more lorry queues on the Salzburg autobahn (blocking two lanes in places). On the return journey in the evening I saw warnings of Blockabfertigung (= processing in blocks) for trucks for tomorrow, 27.05, but it looked to me that that was happening today also.

Well, I thought, probably I'll be checked on the way back. But, no, no-one showed the slightest interest in my car then either. Some vehicles were being pulled over (I saw a car and a mobile home stopped) but I have no idea why. Maybe my Kitzbühel registration helps. I imagine a British number plate might arouse more interest. There were also no lorry queues by the time I drove home.

The only traffic downside of my trip was that I ended up with a €10 parking fine in Munich when my attempt to use the HandyParking app on my mobile (which I have used successfully in the past) somehow failed (I suspect I failed to complete a second step of committing myself to the parking charge) Mad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
Seriously.

Why are people trying to travel across the continent to Austria..

Anyone could be carrying Asymptomatically the Indian Variant even if Vaccinated .

Holidays are not essential ...

Wait a fee months more until Europe has atleast 70% FULLY Vaccinated

On the 4th of May Stanton wrote:

99.74% of ACTIVE cases have mild or no symptoms. WHY would you get a vaccine for THAT?! ?

The virus has more than a 95% survival rate but somehow people are manipulated to take a shot that is widely untested on humans no liability and the long-term effects are unknown..

Folks let nature take care of your Immunity

Dont get hooked on Pharma

Confused
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chocksaway, aw come on... the guy's an idiot. You know that, I know that, we all know that. No need to try and let him know that as well.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@DB, Israel has approx. 60% of the total population with two jabs see https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations . Given that around 20% of the population will be under 18 and currently not eligible (though will be soon) that means somewhere north of 70% of the adult population are fully vaccinated.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@chocksaway,

Your right .. Im not vaxed and will NOT..

But the Governments want to go the Vax route so they need more than 70% ...

The Super Variants come out of the UK..... The British Variant likely went to India mutated the Came back the UK because there were 100's of uncontrolled flights between the two Nations...

The EU does not want this variant to take hold and Vaxed people are more likely to spread it around to Young People & Children.

The AZN Vax was rushed and there has/are serious side effects .. The Germans have fixed this poor English research/science..

https://archive.ph/AQhPW

Israel is a Police State... No one allowed in or out that why they have Australia / NZ style success....

NO Tourists will be allowed into Australia, NZ until mid 2022 (earliest) ....

Brits should not be travelling across the European Continent until these new variants are neutralised....and there has been 3 months(min) control period (no new variants)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Stanton is like the readers letters sent into the Daily Mail....very predictable.

The Indian variant is already all over Europe with cases in most countries. Vaccinations need to speed up.

Med countries opening their borders to Dutch, British, Germans will just accelerate.

So what ever you do is futile except to vaccinate. So grow some Stanton and get yourself vaccinated so you are not a burden on your fellow Nederlanders

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 27-05-21 11:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stanton, make sure you refuse all antibiotics and pain relief as well - those things are _much_ more dangerous than even the AZ vaccine... rolling eyes

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1576461/#:~:text=Penicillin%20and%20its%20derivatives%20are,year%20in%20the%20United%20States.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16086703/

Do us all a favour, and please allow Darwinism to remove you from the gene pool.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not related to Austria at all, but speaking about being removed from the gene pool:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57226774.amp
rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
41.1 in Austria

Incidentally, I read, today, that Israel may well be planning dropping most, if not all, Covid related restrictions at the end of May.

Quote:
The Green Pass and almost all coronavirus restrictions are running in Israel, with May 31st
In Austria and Europe, it should now be introduced with a lot of pressure and effort......???? It's not normal!
".... Israel will lift almost all remaining coronavirus restrictions from June 1., the health ministry announced on Sunday evening. The number of active cases in Israel has dropped to 500, compared to 88.000 at the peak of the pandemic.
In light of the significant drop in morbidity, Yuli Gem Health Ministry said the ministry will not try to renew the regulations according to which businesses and venues will have to work either through the Green Pass or Purple Standard scheme expiring on May 31. should be.
The question of lifting the obligation to wear a mask indoors is currently being discussed by experts and officials. A decision is expected in the next few days or weeks.
snow report
@ousekjarr, To misquote the College Warrant Officer at the RAF College Cranwell:

If Stanton fell in the gene pool it would not get any deeper.
latest report
@chocksaway, Laughing
snow conditions
Matrix wrote:

So what ever you do is futile except to vaccinate. So grow some Stanton and get yourself vaccinated so you are not a burden on your fellow Nederlanders

NO.

There is a large Anti vax (Specific to CV19) in NL, D, DE F, CH and more.....

I Live in CH.. Many of my neighbours work (High level) at Novartis & Roche None are taking or have plans to be Vaxed.

I have never had a Vaccine in adult life & have never taken any antibioitcs.

They are not necessary if you let Nature run its course ...

Non Vax will have superior immune systems built up over years of gradual exposure to viruses & avoiding pharma..

Vax Folks will become a Danger to themselves & possible young people...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

UK now a risk to rest of Europe due to spread of Indian variant, scientists warn
‘We should not be going on holiday and spreading B.1.617.2 to other places.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/covid-indian-variant-uk-europe-b1854894.html

This is Why ALL Travel from the UK to the EU & Elswhere should be HALTED until it is under control (at leeast 2-3 months no cases)

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/28/uk-cases-of-covid-variant-identified-in-india-double-in-one-week.html

Travel latest: Summer travel in doubt as three European countries toughen rules on UK arrivals

https://archive.ph/o4hDX
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

Folks let nature take care of your Immunity

Dont get hooked on Pharma

Confused

Funnily enough I delivered a load of compost recently to a lady who was still isolating... She hung out of her window frail-ly watching me, citing her numerous ailments as the reason for not being able to help carry the 20 bags round the back of her house. And she told me she'd never have the vaccine because "it's a well-known fact that people who don't take any drugs from big pharma and doctors live much longer"
I agreed, sarcastically pointing out that back in the 1840s, before there was much in the way of doctoring and nature invariably looked after folks' immunity, a woman would be lucky to live past 43. Then I discovered that despite looking 20 years older than me, she was actually only 2 years older; then she told me I'd do far better visiting various crystal healers and Reiki therapists as they knew far more about wellness than anyone else...
ski holidays
@stanton, will you give the same advice to over a billion Africans when our amazing scientists finally find a vaccine for malaria?
snow report
There's a saying that when you start arguing with an idiot, make sure he doesn't do the same thing.
The good old Middle Ages, when air and water were pure and food was organic and non GMO. When people refrained from vaccines and antibiotics. Oh yes, and died less than 40 years old...
https://academic.oup.com/ije/article/34/6/1435/707557
Some battles can't be won. If someone has such a strong stand against vaccines and antibiotics, all my medical education and expertise of over 25 years whispers "wait for it".
Live long and prosper.
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
blah blah blah

I've just realised this is quite excellent news. He seems to reserve his one post a day exclusively for this thread at the moment. That is really fantastic as we don't need to see any of his crap anywhere else on the site.
snow report
Matrix wrote:
@stanton, will you give the same advice to over a billion Africans when our amazing scientists finally find a vaccine for malaria?
Like this you mean? It's obviously going to be more harmful than Covid vaccine, because with malaria you are dealing with thousands of genes, whereas with Covid it's only a few dozen. So I recommend it be withheld in order to keep African children healthy.
snow conditions
DJL wrote:
stanton wrote:
blah blah blah

I've just realised this is quite excellent news. He seems to reserve his one post a day exclusively for this thread at the moment. That is really fantastic as we don't need to see any of his crap anywhere else on the site.

Do we only get one post a day? I am sure I have posted more than that sometimes.
ski holidays
Not currently applicable to travellers from the UK, but for others it has just been announced that the rules on cross-border travel will be further relaxed from 10th June (along with relaxations in other areas). A pre-travel registration form will only be required for high incidence and variant areas (this is the UK atm). No mention of testing/vaccination, but I think it's safe to assume that some status verification will be required, but that's all.
snow report
@ringingmaster, just a handful of trolls as a way of controlling their input
latest report
@holidayloverxx, Ah. That makes sense. Sounds like this candidate was well chosen. Happy
latest report
I know this link relates to the US but it would seem to equally apply to @stanton https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/5/28/2032529/-Among-the-unvaccinated-the-COVID-19-pandemic-is-still-raging-out-of-control . Lots of candidates for Darwin awards
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Latest news:

From 10th June, distance restrictions indoors reduce from 2m to 1m, 8 people can share a table inside restaurants, 16 outside. Closing times for restaurants extended from 22:00 to midnight.

Choirs will be able to operate again....personally happy about this one.

Vaccination, recovered or tested rules apply.

There may well be further lifting of restrictions from 1st July. I suspect FFP2 masks in communal outside areas (i.e. guest gardens etc) will no longer be required and possibly the 1m rule may also go.
latest report
28.8 in Austria, now.

3 G rules:
Geimpft - injected
Getestet - tested (negative)
Genesen - recovered

Anecdotally, I have seen some fairly relaxed applications of the rules...guest gardens not applying the 2m table rules, or enforcing mask wearing whilst transiting to a table, nor insisting on either registering via QR codes or manual checking on 3 G rules.

Perhaps unsurprising - I think folk have generally had enough and seem keen to re-imbrace more normal life.

It was certainly great to see and hear people out and about, laughing and chatting.
snow conditions
Quote:

I have seen some fairly relaxed applications of the rules...

Visited a restaurant at Zell am See a couple of days ago. A waitress immediately asked if we had test certificates. I replied “voll geimpft”. She just said, “Perfekt”, but didn’t seem interested in seeing our vaccination certificates, which I was about to produce.
latest report
@Cacciatore, yes, that’s what we found when we went to a hut for the first time on Thursday – tables in their normal location, though that’s probably 2m apart anyway so the staff can get around, but they’re big tables so we shared one with another family... Nobody asked us for a test cert, or to register, though most people were abiding by mask rules, daft as they are out on a mountainside.

The constant testing is more of a barrier to normality, for now at least. Our GP has stopped the Friday evening testing surgery they were doing, so we have to go to the next village now, or into the city for a weekend test, so difficult to go spontaneously to local huts without a detour for testing Confused Still not got a vaxx appointment, so at least another 4 weeks of this for us, which is pretty depressing.
latest report
@Scarlet, how would having a vaxx appointment make any difference? Still need to comply with social distancing and testing requirements I’d assume even with a vaccine?

We’re fully vacced (if that’s a word) and it makes no difference to being able to go anywhere (here in U.K. where we are all largely unable to travel overseas) just means hopefully we’re more protected and won’t die. Is it different in Austria?

Still clinging onto the vain hope we perhaps might be able to drive out end August to enjoy hiking, biking and retrieve our ski kit.
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
@Scarlet, how would having a vaxx appointment make any difference? Still need to comply with social distancing and testing requirements I’d assume even with a vaccine?

We’re fully vacced (if that’s a word) and it makes no difference to being able to go anywhere (here in U.K. where we are all largely unable to travel overseas) just means hopefully we’re more protected and won’t die. Is it different in Austria?

One dose plus 3 weeks frees you from the requirement to be tested before you can go to a restaurant, bar, hairdressers etc. Getting tested constantly is a PITA, as well as being an uncomfortable imposition. I will be glad when I am free of that obligation, but it will be at least 4 weeks, meaning I can’t spontaneously do anything in that time, as well as still being at risk of catching it. Not being vaxxed also makes it more difficult to travel.
snow conditions
@Markymark29, there has been an EU decision to let non EU citizens from certain countries into the EU (I think from 01.07) if they are "fully" vaccinated. There is some hesitancy over the UK currently given the issues with the "delta" variant and the issue is due to be revisited on 14.06. Whatever the UK may be doing you will need the relevant evidence for entry (I believe France is already doing this) whatever happens on the return leg. Here in Germany the theory is that having both stamps in your yellow book means not having to bother with tests, though in practice not that many people have both jabs but also the rates have been dropping so quickly (local district now 18 ish, some other local districts in single figures and the nationally around 25 and seems to be heading downwards) that many of the restrictions have been lifted especially with regard to tests. Still think you wont have an issue come August.
latest report
@munich_irish, @Scarlet,

Thanks for the heads up, I’m purposely trying to avoid regular updates because it’s such a moving target and this is useful. Also the clown Johnson and his cronies can’t plan past the end of the current week in progress so the chance of being able to do anything with any measure of certainty is impossible. The delta variant I don’t think is a big threat in U.K. seems under control here apart from a few local hotspots, and vaccination roll out is going well, it’s lack of leadership from the PM that’s the biggest worry, he doesn’t know how to administer his own traffic light system and prefers to make all decisions on whatever direction the wind is blowing, and whether he thinks it’ll benefit himself. It seems to be getting political now rather than based on science regards travel which is disappointing but not totally unexpected.
ski holidays
Scarlet wrote:

The constant testing is more of a barrier to normality, for now at least. Our GP has stopped the Friday evening testing surgery they were doing, so we have to go to the next village now, or into the city for a weekend test, so difficult to go spontaneously to local huts without a detour for testing Confused Still not got a vaxx appointment, so at least another 4 weeks of this for us, which is pretty depressing.

Do you have a good supply of antigen tests? A bit of a pain and only 24 hours validity but makes being “spontaneous” a little easier. I’m sure you'll know this, anyway.

Fingers crossed that you get your jabs soon. Luckily, we had our 2nd last Wednesday.
snow report
Cacciatore wrote:
Luckily, we had our 2nd last Wednesday.

Yay that's great news! I'm still hoping that I might be able to get out to visit you sometime in the Autumn, fingers crossed. Smile
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, fingers crossed here too Smile
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:

Was mostly answered above, but if you've been vaccinated OR recovered from Corona within the last 6 months you are exempted from the testing requirements (this was really convenient for me in the ski season!). If recovered from corona but the infection was longer than 6 months ago, you can also pay to take a blood test, and if you have sufficient antibodies get a 3 month extension (I need to get around to doing this as still no vaccination notification).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy