Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt and Cervinia 2020-21

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are past the summer solstice and noza has started the 20-21 weather outlook thread so I guess we should start the Zermatt and Cervinia 2019-20 thread. The big improvement this season should be the new lift from Tufteren up to Rothorn. This is being built due to the previous lift from Kumme up to Rothorn being destroyed by an avalanche. It is at the far north of the ski area and is mainly north facing. It really will transform this area. It should open up in time for the winter season.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great Facebook post, including video, from the Warren Smith Ski Academy.

The Italian side have opened up access from their side to the summer ski area. Access from the Swiss side has been open since the Covid-19 lockdown eased. Skiing all the way down to Trockener Steg. Particular well done to the Italians for opening up the slope down to Cime Bianche. It is a couple of years since they last did that for the summer ski season.

https://www.facebook.com/148837018541252/posts/3141012545990336/

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AWESOME!!!
Last week I booked their course for July 26th, can't wait!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
this makes me feel good Smile

@JohnMo, please get out there and give us some updates Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AndreSilva wrote:
AWESOME!!!
Last week I booked their course for July 26th, can't wait!

Just sent them an email about those dates. Things are looking quite good to get on that course too. Fingers crossed Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Themasterpiece nice!!!
I guess you can book directly on the website like I did: http://www.warrensmith-skiacademy.com/shop/july-26th-cervinia-5-day-academy/
Let me know if you managed, it would be nice to have a fellow snowHead to chat there Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good to hear you Johnmo. I skied the laser day in Cervinia prior to lockdown and the last day in Zermatt prior to lockdown
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AndreSilva wrote:
@Themasterpiece nice!!!
I guess you can book directly on the website like I did: http://www.warrensmith-skiacademy.com/shop/july-26th-cervinia-5-day-academy/
Let me know if you managed, it would be nice to have a fellow snowHead to chat there Very Happy

Booked Smile Not quite as ideal as I first thought as the direct flight from Stockholm to Milan disappeared from one day to the next. So have to go via Amsterdam now. Fingers crossed it all works out as it’s a bit of a lottery at the moment!

I’ll send you a PM
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not that I am a user but always good to see the park up on the top glacier open.

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Themasterpiece wrote:
AndreSilva wrote:
@Themasterpiece nice!!!

Booked Smile Not quite as ideal as I first thought as the direct flight from Stockholm to Milan disappeared from one day to the next. So have to go via Amsterdam now. Fingers crossed it all works out as it’s a bit of a lottery at the moment!

I’ll send you a PM

Awesome!
I sent a PM!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I looked on the lift company website https://www.matterhornparadise.ch/en - at first you'd think everything's just like normal. You have to go looking Current News > Lifts > Latest Updates on Cableways Services, then 'Coronavirus' is one of 3 tabs, along with 'New Kumme Chairlift' and 'Stockhorn'.
Essentially, it seems to say 'always wear a mask' and maintain a distance of 1.5m. No restrictions on lift capacity (in cabins and gondolas). Nothing about chairs.
I know it's a while yet to the winter season proper, but I can't help wondering what will happen on those electro-buses, and the area at the bottom of the Matterhorn Express gondola at 9am....
The Tourist Office website https://www.zermatt.ch/en is not quite as coy - they have a prominent red heading line, with links to the 'Current situation in Zermatt' page.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy