Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dry Ski slope set on fire

Poster: A snowHead
A ski slope at Ackers Adventure in the West Midlands has been torched - with fire crews blaming 'bored youths'. Sad

Apparently it's not the first time it's been vandalised. I also seem to recall that the (now closed) Sheffield dry ski slope was subject to several arson attacks too.

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
do the parents of these youths not know there is a lockdown on?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The pictures show a small fire at the top of the start ramp used by the Midland Ski Club for race training. I hope that it is all it is. It is a place with a good view over Birmingham and there is often evidence that groups of people have been there doing nothing in particular except smoking and drinking. The Ackers has been closed since the lockdown commenced.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It makes me so angry. My daughters boyfriend is a apprentice at an outdoor activities centre and last week it was attacked by teens. One of the boats was sunk and wakeboards smashed up. At 15, my son is the target age of kids that seem to be perpetrate these acts which are now rife from what I’m reading. However vandalism (and littering) sickens him. He has a mate and they go out for long walks and will resume their wild camping when lockdown permits. Yet they get so much abuse, usually having “gay” shouted at them or stuff thrown at them which in fairness they just laugh off. It’s really worrying how negativity and lack of tolerance is fashionable now and how it’s super cool to treat random strangers and things that give others pleasure with contempt. Sorry rant over.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bambionskiis wrote:
It makes me so angry. My daughters boyfriend is a apprentice at an outdoor activities centre and last week it was attacked by teens. One of the boats was sunk and wakeboards smashed up. At 15, my son is the target age of kids that seem to be perpetrate these acts which are now rife from what I’m reading all with the excuse of boredom being trotted out. However vandalism (and littering) sickens him. He has a mate and they go out for long walks and will resume their wild camping when lockdown permits. Yet they get so much abuse, usually having “gay” shouted at them or stuff thrown at them which in fairness they just laugh off. It’s really worrying how negativity and lack of tolerance is fashionable now and how it’s super cool to treat random strangers and things that give others pleasure with contempt. Kids need to get back to school though to get some routine and purpose back into their lives. Sorry rant over.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
insurance jobbie
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr.Egg wrote:
insurance jobbie

Hardly. Cost of repair looks like 10 sq m of dendix. Not exactly the “thousands“ the local journo is reporting.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bambionskiis wrote:
It makes me so angry. My daughters boyfriend is a apprentice at an outdoor activities centre and last week it was attacked by teens. One of the boats was sunk and wakeboards smashed up. At 15, my son is the target age of kids that seem to be perpetrate these acts which are now rife from what I’m reading. However vandalism (and littering) sickens him. He has a mate and they go out for long walks and will resume their wild camping when lockdown permits. Yet they get so much abuse, usually having “gay” shouted at them or stuff thrown at them which in fairness they just laugh off. It’s really worrying how negativity and lack of tolerance is fashionable now and how it’s super cool to treat random strangers and things that give others pleasure with contempt. Sorry rant over.

It's always been the way - I don't think it's anything to do with fashion. Teenagers get bored and have a tribal instinct so some will end up doing bad or unpleasant stuff. The bullying/abusing outsiders is part of teh bravado of proving the belonging to the tribe. Most grow out of it, some discover something which redirects their energy and emotions like sport (traditionally boxing), armed services, early parenthood etc, some slip into a life of petty crime.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@DJL, We don't know the full extent of the damage. I can only see a few pictures. Anyway, from what I can see, the ramp will need an inspection to determine the amount of damage to deternine if it is safe to use. One of the pictures shows flames on top of the railway sleepers.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@johnE, quite agree it will need properly inspecting. My comment was really a response to “insurance jobbie” which it plainly ain’t.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hopefully it won't go the way of Beckton Alp
https://londonist.com/london/history/when-londoners-went-skiing-on-a-toxic-spill-heap
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Or even Kirkby https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=287478761868762 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@halfhand, Great post.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
halfhand wrote:
Or even Kirkby https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=287478761868762 Toofy Grin

My god, how sad is that. The taxpayers must have been fuming.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It is totally bonkers. Tragic but comical at the same time.
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

It's always been the way - I don't think it's anything to do with fashion. Teenagers get bored and have a tribal instinct so some will end up doing bad or unpleasant stuff. The bullying/abusing outsiders is part of teh bravado of proving the belonging to the tribe. Most grow out of it, some discover something which redirects their energy and emotions like sport (traditionally boxing), armed services, early parenthood etc, some slip into a life of petty crime.

I thought you worked in the City wink
ski holidays
Bloody British kids!

You don't hear about French kids setting fire to their ski slopes, do you!...
latest report
Mjit wrote:
Bloody British kids!

You don't hear about French kids setting fire to their ski slopes, do you!...

No!

The French wait until they are adults...

latest report
That and the fact it's REALLY hard to light snow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy