Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European ski resort re-opening?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I thought some of the high altitude resorts are now re-opened for skiing? Don't see much talk about them...

Part of my reason for asking is to see how it compare to the re-opening in the US.

All the US resorts had chosen to set day limits enforced by "reservation", which in almost all cases "sold out" in a matter of 5 minutes when the "reservation window" opened! Whilst normally this time of year, there would have been scarcely few skiers on most resorts. Clearly, it's a strange phenomenon caused by the sudden closure of all resorts back in mid-March.

Wondering how the Europeans handled it?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some discussion here.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Around 10-15 stations currently open in Western Europe, and 5-10 in North America.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rjs wrote:
Some discussion here.

I see, so it's not exactly "open", to the public...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@abc, How much is Mt Hood open to the public in a normal year ? I got the impression that it is similar to the setup at Tignes and Les Deux Alpes.

I have a French competition licence so I might be able to join a group at La Grave if anyone I knew was planning to train there.

Austria may be different, there is more space available at Hintertux that isn't reserved for race training, haven't skied at any of the other Austrian glaciers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rjs, your sense of Mt Hood is correct. Any day now they'll be in summer mode, with Palmer (closed/buried in winter) and The Mile. Race camps on Palmer, accessed by The Mile. In season, there is 2 or 3x the skiing, below timberline, all of it tame.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy