Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Easter flights 2020 shared experiences

Poster: A snowHead
A thread to share what you are doing/have done.

So far it appears I can move my flights at no cost, but obviously Easter 2021 aren't available yet (schedule only seems to goto Oct 24th), so I'm holding fire on pushing any buttons.

Although literally just has an email to say my flight has changed, not cancelled, but changed, with no new times given!

What are others doing in this situation?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Waiting. Waiting for my flights to be cancelled for a refund. If they had some flights I might want in the schedule I'd shift them and let them keep hold of the money but there's nowt.

If it starts to look like mine aren't getting binned I'll have a rethink.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, Good thread as it would useful to understand how different people are approaching this.

We've got easyjet flights for the 4th April to Geneva. As you mention, up till now, the position that easyjet have taken is that they will waive the change fee so you can move your flights for free (unless the cost of the new flight is more). But I don't need any other flights - like you, if they offered me Easter 2021 then I'd take those, but they aren't.

I'm hoping that with the latest news that they'll have to cancel the flight. In which case, I assume I'd then qualify for a full refund - but that's an assumption as who knows what's in the small print.

My view is while the flight is on, then I'll have to go through travel insurance (which should be easier now FCO advice has changed), but if easyjet cancel then they should give me a refund. However, I get the feeling that I'll end up going through travel insurance. Either way I'm holding tight for now...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Handy Turnip, @kittya, if you check countries with closed borders on the easyjet site, it Italy they are allowing refunds, so with the UK advising no non essential travel I'd hope the cancellation option appears shortly....

This is what you get from their Italy link:

Your choices if you do not wish to travel.
If you no longer wish to travel, you have the following options to choose from:

Transfer to an alternative flight. Customers can choose to switch to a different flight through Manage Bookings
Request a refund. Customers are able to apply for a refund through Manage Bookings. Simply enter your booking details and follow the prompts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Handy Turnip, my flight bookings on the app were still showing as valid. It wasn’t until I checked the website bookings that it showed they had been cancelled and I got full refund so just keep that in mind.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
They seem to be playing "who blinks first". I had a flight booked for yesterday afternoon which I wasn't taking, the day before they encouraged me to shift it into the future, I held out and yesterday morning they cancelled and refunded.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ive transfered mine from this week to the summer for a weekend away to Marrakesh.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flights booked to Geneva on 18th April for a planned trip to Tignes. Don't really know what to do at the moment so will be watching this thread with interest.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@kitenski, I'll keep looking daily and hopefully the FCO will update on their site.

@jirac18, still showing as valid on both the website and the app, but it's still technically two weeks till the flight (when was your flight?) so I expect they are playing the game that @shep mentions, where they hold out long enough so that customers think their only option is to change flight dates. Once they have secured enough money into future flights (or maybe they just wait 24 hours before the flight), then they'll cancel and offer the few remaining customers a refund.

I'm holding on till the last minute - changing flight dates doesn't help me. At worst I'll have to go through my insurance.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flights booked for 11th April to GVA
Like a few on here I'm playing the waiting game.
The government are only advising against non essential travel not an outright ban so not sure if Easyjet will actually cancel the flight as its only ADVICE.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Our flights were 29th March @Handy Turnip, Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Same boat here but to Salzburg. If Austria is still shut to commercial international flights I think I'll get the refund. 3 weeks to go and everything could change.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
they seem to have released next seasons flights early... I'm still waiting for FCO to ban travel into Switzerland/from the UK which should hopefully allow EJ to cancel and refund...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I had flight to BCN booked for tomorrow (for Andorra), knowing by end last week we would not be travelling due to lock-down in Spain. I was initially annoyed that EJ website only allowed re-booking (to any other route) but then I saw on twitter that the "refund" button for cancelled flights appear on-line only when it is 3 days before the flight. Sure enough, on Monday the button appeared and I "applied" for refund (obv the flight is cancelled anyway). EJ said it would take 7 days to appear back in my account.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Android2000, great to know, thanks!
snow report
Hi All, If you're not tracking Easy Jet have just opened their flights up to 28 Feb 21. Bargains to be had if you've got the cash!!!
snow conditions
jirac18 wrote:
Our flights were 29th March @Handy Turnip, Puzzled

So I'm about a week behind you - hopefully this means that they won't be leaving it until the last minute to cancel
snow report
Have a look at 13th and 20th February for half term-apart from one flight, they haven't released prices for them yet...!
snow conditions
[quote="kittya"]Waiting. Waiting for my flights to be cancelled for a refund. If they had some flights I might want in the schedule I'd shift them and let them keep hold of the money but there's nowt.

If it starts to look like mine aren't getting binned I'll have a rethink.[/]

Given that easyjet have chosen to go ahead with dividend payouts they can do one. Glad I've not changed flights. Holding on for cancellation/refund. 2@s!
ski holidays
I'm booked on Bristol to Lyon for Saturday, and then the return on Friday 3rd. Both flights seem to be 'live' still - app and website.

Surely they will be cancelled, no?
ski holidays
@SHAP, let us know ! From what I've read perhaps it will become cancelled 3 days before?
snow report
@kitenski, sure will. Website says it looks likely they will ground 'most' flights by tomorrow....
ski holidays
Now they've released their winter schedule we've changed our Luton flights back again to Salzburg after a previous change to Amsterdam (cheapest option at the time.) for £1 per person.
latest report
Easyjet website says

Following the number of government restrictions and travel advice across our network, we will be grounding the majority of our aircraft from Tuesday 24 March onwards. Although we know this may be disappointing for some customers, we hope that by announcing this now, it will provide more notice and certainty for you all.
snow report
My flight for Thursday cancelled, it says I can rebook its refund.
I want refund but can’t see that option on website, anyone know how I get it
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
Easyjet website says

Following the number of government restrictions and travel advice across our network, we will be grounding the majority of our aircraft from Tuesday 24 March onwards. Although we know this may be disappointing for some customers, we hope that by announcing this now, it will provide more notice and certainty for you all.

Still no change to our flight on the 4th.
snow report
Jonny996 wrote:
My flight for Thursday cancelled, it says I can rebook its refund.
I want refund but can’t see that option on website, anyone know how I get it

Any luck finding the refund button yet ?
snow conditions
No, I have mailed but I don't expect anything soon
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jonny996, I'm sure some folk said the refund button only showed up 3 days before the flight, so fingers crossed today! Worth checking the web and app I reckon!
ski holidays
@Jonny996, I just checked Man->GVA for this Thurs on the app and it says cancelled and shows a refund button

latest report
@kitenski, Thanks for that. The family have flights booked for Monday so I'll keep an eye on the booking over the next few days.
snow conditions
my daughter has a flight on the 28th so will report back in 48 hours!
snow conditions
My flight for tomorrow is still only giving me the option to change, perhaps because they haven't cancelled my return flights, who knows.
ski holidays
My Bristol-Lyon for Sat is still live. I'm sure it will cx tomorrow or Friday.
snow conditions
@kitenski, Did the refund button work? I just get "An error has occured" ?
ski holidays
@ski, our flight isn't showing yet for refund, that what I saw on a different date search....

@Jonny996, wow, which flight is that?
snow report
Edi-gva tomorrow at 16.15, it's going to be interesting, if I wait for time to pass, will they give refund? All there emails & info on website says change or refund but no refund option
ski holidays
@Jonny996, interesting, this what I see on their website? Have you tried both the website and the app?

latest report
I keep checking for my wifes flight to Inverness from Bristol on Sunday. Yesterday I could book 40 seats (the max) to check how many seats available. Today, its saying sold out the same as every day next week. But she hasn't been told yet.
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
@Jonny996, interesting, this what I see on their website? Have you tried both the website and the app?

yes no refund option
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy