Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best headphones for Smith helmet ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys.

As I plan a few solo ski trips (#foreverAlone) this year, I'm looking for a good quality Bluetooth headphone that fits the Smith Vantage helmet and has a great audio quality.
Smith had one in the past but I guess it's not available anymore.
Any tips ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i liked these when i had them
https://www.outdoortechnology.com/products/chips
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
graeme wrote:
i liked these when i had them
https://www.outdoortechnology.com/products/chips

Those looks nice, good reviews as well, thanks!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Or just get a Bluetooth speaker and have it blaring out of your backpack, pissing off everyone else in a 50m radius...

I also have Chips 2 speakers in my helmet and am happy with them, just the wired ones as I'm cheap Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I bought a generic Bluetooth beanie hat from amazon for £5 (something like this) and installed it into my Smith Quantum helmet. I mostly use it so I can take calls from my kids. It plays music okay, not great but for the chair up it is fine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have the original CHIPS bluetooth headphones - very happy with them, long battery life. Work well for receiving telephone calls, even when still skiing!! Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for the Chips, I have v2 and they work very well, for music and for calls.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mjit wrote:
Or just get a Bluetooth speaker and have it blaring out of your backpack, pissing off everyone else in a 50m radius...

Sooooooo annoying! Next time I encounter it I am going to have stern words.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, Agreed plonkers. That said why anyone would want to ski with music blaring is beyond me, being spacially aware and hearing what's around you is a key safety aspect imv and part of the mountain experiance, i've lost count of the number of times we've been buzzed over the years by folks skiing/ Boarding way too close and fast, clearly listenining to music when i've worded them up at the next lift station. Yes on a lift or transport no problem but skiing/ boarding with music on, imv is wreckless, unless they are off piste and far away from crowded pistes.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
Mjit wrote:

Sooooooo annoying! Next time I encounter it I am going to have stern words.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Funny thing is: As the speaker is on their back, probably they don't hear much when they are skiing, but it's "perfect" for the ones behind him NehNeh
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Markymark29 wrote:
@under a new name, Agreed plonkers. That said why anyone would want to ski with music blaring is beyond me, being spacially aware and hearing what's around you is a key safety aspect imv and part of the mountain experiance, i've lost count of the number of times we've been buzzed over the years by folks skiing/ Boarding way too close and fast, clearly listenining to music when i've worded them up at the next lift station. Yes on a lift or transport no problem but skiing/ boarding with music on, imv is wreckless, unless they are off piste and far away from crowded pistes.

In fact I also think it's important to be space aware, my idea is to use it at gondola time and/or lunch time when there are no people to talk to(I love to talk with strangers during lunch time Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@AndreSilva, Good man!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AndreSilva wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:

In fact I also think it's important to be space aware, my idea is to use it at gondola time and/or lunch time when there are no people to talk to(I love to talk with strangers during lunch time Madeye-Smiley )

Yes, crank the volume right up and you will lose the auditory input of people coming up behind YOU/rejoining from off piste without looking to the side of you, but I don't think I've ever been first aware of someone AHEAD of me due to my ears? I tend to see people ahead of my long before I hear them.

That said I only use my speakers when I'm skiing alone and even then with the volume down to just give that background accompaniment to what I'm seeing and feeling that's handled by friends saying "Look at that"/"Weee!!!"/"Haha, you cocked that up!" when skiing in a group. Can sometimes be a bit like watching a movie with the sound turned off otherwise, just missing that extra dimension. I also go with reasonably chilled music. I'm not sure some Rage Against The Machine would help my skiing, other than maybe committing to that mogal field...before getting switched off 20 turns in and the rest of the run spent in silence other then me mumbling "Why the f*#k did I come down here" to myself Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Earphones/helmet speakers are great for pretending to be at work too Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy