Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lockdown escapism - first descent off Mt Blanc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not by me Laughing

Seems to me that there are 2 categories of first descent:

1. lines that are in plain sight but no-one has been insane enough to try before
2. lines that are not in plain sight so you either need to know an area super-well, or go somewhere that not many people have skied before

This is definitely in the first category:

https://www.planetmountain.com/it/notizie/neve-sci-alpinismo/monte-bianco-edmond-joyeusaz-scende-con-gli-sci-versante-della-brenva.html

(doesn't seem to be an English version so you'll need to go through google translate if your Italian isn't up to it)

Quote:
It is 1500 very dangerous meters in altitude up to the foot of the Pilier d'Angle, with slopes from 50 ° to 65 ° and three initials rappelling.

"I arrived by helicopter up to Col della Brenva. This was also because because of the lockdown I lacked the training needed to climb from the bottom and then face, with the necessary physical and mental lucidity, a demanding descent like that of Poire. " Edmond Joyeusaz told us. From there the adventure began: "From Col de la Brenva I went to the top and then I started to ski down towards the Mont Blanc de Courmayeur to reach the Poire line."And here is the great descent or rather the terrible and fascinating abyss to go on skis: an almost incredible thing for those who know the wild Brenva and in particular that stretch characterized by the great and scary swelling of the Poire.

Looks like the skier was born in 1958 - old enough to know better! Cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
It is 1500 very dangerous meters in altitude up to the foot of the Pilier d'Angle, with slopes from 50 ° to 65 ° and three initials rappelling.

No Shit!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Impressive
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Grandpa cutting sick lines!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is there a video available?

There is a link to translate the site to English Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy