Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Vallee Transfers - a rather nice private transfer service

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Did our first DIY ski-ing holiday over the last week, the only tricky bit was sorting out the Geneva-Val Thorens transfer bit since neither of us were willing to drive! On the outward leg we went with www.altibus.com this was okay - the bus was delayed for an hour going out but the staff at Geneva airport were helpful - about £45 per head.

On our return we got a private transfer with Three Vallee Transfers (www.3vt.co.uk), they were great. They were pretty much the cheapest private transfer I managed to find on the internet, and although ~£230 worth every penny! The company uses 8 seater VW's so if you were in a group of more than 5 it would be as cheap as the bus. They are willing to flag you as "willing to share", but they will only take shares for a single flight - which is a good thing really.

We also received a handy hint as to where to have breakfast in Geneva airport - which was spot on. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ian Hopkinson, not the restaurant in the far corner where i enjoyed duck for dinner was it? snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ian Hopkinson,

£230...!!! thats not funny, even for 2....!! I'd get a cab down to Moutier and public transport or bribe the rep of a TO to get on a t/f bus. I would expect to pay about £30 or 50 eu which would go straight in the rep's back pocket, I'd think.

The would be the thinking around Sat/sun travel and when I look like travelling on those dates I check out brochures to see TO flight times to the resort....

Once in the resort it is easy to find a rep during the week to find out if the idea is workable or not

P.S, this makes our hire car @ £100 for 3 days plus parking not too bad a deal split two ways...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, I bet you treble checked the spelling before posting that one! Very Happy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 23-04-06 15:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, absolutley, esp as I had actually spelt it wrong. Our car hire for 6 days from Geneva was 155 quid I think, and they upgraded us to a 4x4 because of the bad weather, and didn;t charge ofr chains or snow tyres.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It really is hard to beat hire cars for transfers on a DIY holiday - To me itt means that the holiday really starts at the airport because you are no longer relying on anybody else and it is definitely cheaper if you have 3 or more in the car - Also means that you are not tied to one resort for the weak as it costs practically nothing to head out some morning to another resort for the day if you have arental car
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Ian Hopkinson, not the restaurant in the far corner where i enjoyed duck for dinner was it? snowHead snowHead

I think there's a typo in there Helen. What you meant to say was that you had ... perhaps best not to remind people! Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar.org.uk, perhaps not!! Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ian Hopkinson, I agree totally with your views of 3VT. I have used them for the past 3 years and recommend them totally. BTW I have absolutely no financial interest in them. Just a very satisfied customer.

I know that hire-cars work out cheaper, but last year peoples' cars got frozen up when parked at Mottaret for a week and the brakes had to be thawed out. You can do without that. For 6 of us it works out to £70 return for door-to-door luxury.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JT, look I'm attempting some complex money spend justification here - if you can't help, keep quiet wink

Helen, we went to one of the restaurants you access from the lift mid-way along the check-in desks, I would never have found it without help...

Chris, turns out our driver (John) used to work in the outdoor shop in Poynton - where we used to live!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ian Hopkinson, I'll try that one next time, the one we found was tucked away right in the corner behind the cafe where the shops are.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
you could always try this:

http://www.helimountains.com/home.html

Last year was only €1400 Geneva - Les Arcs for up to 5 people. One way.

I am told by those who have done it that it is the only way to beat the Qs...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JimW, I think I'd have to seriously reconfigure my brain to justify that level of spend wink

JT, weren't you the one pondering flying yourself into Courchevel Altiport? Looks exciting Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ian Hopkinson,

Obviously it not for all of us!!

PS slightly tipsy, just been to a corporate clay-shooting day, with a great advert on the wall for shotguns:

"elegant, stylish, affordable: only ( note the emphasis...) £19,950"

May I refer the gentleman to my right honourable colleague F Scott Fitzgerald: "The rich are different to you and me"
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JimW, for that I'd expect it to shoot the little bugs without my assistance wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy