Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for ski lift - Britonlift

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at building my own version of a Britonlift rope tow but due to the decline of the use of rope tows in the UK. Posting on the off chance that someone might have a rope tow in the UK that is looking for a good home. Any information would be useful,
Thanks,
Alex
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You might try skitow who, I think, has one.

Or you might try to contact Brian (the inventor and he of the Bri bit) at Snowflex:

https://snowflex.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@alexwriggler, I have 2 of them actually, probably not looking to sell but happy to send you photos of the mechanism etc. It would be pretty easy to copy everything I would say with the only difficulty perhaps being the gearbox / actual rope pulley wheel but I am sure there will be something out there that could be substituted. I have 2 different ones. the 3.5hp and the bigger 8hp (I think) Did look at changing the gearing once as the rope actually travels quite quick making it difficult for beginners. Never got round to it as not had enough snow since, but one day.......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bizzarely enough, this is on ebay at the moment, but maybe a bit heavy duty ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Ski-Lift-Rope-Tow-Drag-Lift-3-Phase/163951366246?hash=item262c435066:g:TvAAAOSwBqpd091K
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@altis, Thanks a lot for the information that's really helpful.

@skitow, I have asked for some more information from the eBay listing and made an offer but I think you're right, it's a bit more heavy-duty than what I am looking for. If you would be happy to send some photos that would be really really helpful. I have a friend that's pretty good with these things that will be able to help with the more difficult aspects. No rush though as the current situation needs to ease a bit for me to start the project. Thanks again!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy