Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

99p luggage on easyJet flights

Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick heads up in case anyone’s interested. EasyJet are offering luggage including skis/sports equipment at 99p each way until the end of today -17th April
Edited - now extended to the 24th.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 18-04-20 9:49; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@4q, Thanks for the heads up - just added ski carriage - an excuse to find a bargain pair of skis to take out now!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great spot, thank you. Got my hold bag and ski bag booked for a long weekend in January; £3.96 return when it would normally be about £121!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good tip, thank you. Ski bags and luggage booked in for Sweden at less than a tenner!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good grief!! That is a great spot.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. Will add to my cheap and optimistic Christmas booking! In for a pound, in for an extra penny.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bum - booked my Jan 2021 flights early and stupidly added ski carriage . . have emailed them so see if I can claim the prize!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This was posted by others and is a cracking deal.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Belch wrote:
Bum - booked my Jan 2021 flights early and stupidly added ski carriage . . have emailed them so see if I can claim the prize!

I did same - added bags on booking as assumed you
Got charged extra to add at a later date. I presumed there isn’t a way of getting that back?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice one, thanks @4q, likewise £3.96 for skis and baggage Bristol- Salzburg return in jan ( yea optimistic I know, but......... snowHead )
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NickyJ wrote:
Belch wrote:

Got charged extra to add at a later date. I presumed there isn’t a way of getting that back?

Me too - I don't think we'll be able to get that back.

If it's any consolation, the baggage charge a few weeks ago was (I believe) still cheaper than it normally is, and the low seat price of course means it was still a good deal.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I did wonder whether the offer would apply to existing bookings - but it does. snowHead However, grateful as I am to the OP, can't help pointing out that the price is 99p, or £0.99, Not .99p. Still good value, though. wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We saved the same amount on 2 x bags and 1 x ski carriage, as the actual flight cost us!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
denfinella wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
Belch wrote:

Me too - I don't think we'll be able to get that back.

If it's any consolation, the baggage charge a few weeks ago was (I believe) still cheaper than it normally is, and the low seat price of course means it was still a good deal.

Yes the price I felt was very fair... just kicking myself that I read the thread advising not to add bags AFTER booking and knowing that that advice would have kept costs down further
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@NickyJ, . . .didn't read that advice - got some great flight prices (under £60 return to Geneva which have now gone up) however booked ski carriage on autopilot and being hopeful / organized!

Have emailed customer services with a pleading email - lets see . . .

Main thing is we all get to ski! Haven't put deposit on accommodation - some of my party have and prices are a little hiked. . .
snow report
I've never seen the point of paying for baggage on flights until the very last moment - the cash flow arguments are unassailable!
latest report
@pam w, Hinesite a great thing - normally go with a carrier where its all in or lastminute.com DIY - never been this organized / eager before!

Lets just hope we are all skiing in Jan . . end of! I might even wear my ski mask for a change this time . . .
snow report
I don't normally take bags for our half term flights, as some of our party normally drive, but at this price I might as well add them just in case. Cheers @4q,
snow conditions
Belch wrote:
@NickyJ, . . .didn't read that advice - got some great flight prices (under £60 return to Geneva which have now gone up) however booked ski carriage on autopilot and being hopeful / organized!

Have emailed customer services with a pleading email - lets see . . .

Main thing is we all get to ski! Haven't put deposit on accommodation - some of my party have and prices are a little hiked. . .

Yes desperately hoping. We have booked flights for Christmas week. Have also put deposit on accommodation with agreement with the accommodation of full refund if we can’t travel due to Coronavirus.
snow conditions
@4q, fantastic spot, have just added 4no 23kg hold bags and 1no ski bag for feb half term booking at a princely sum of £9.90 total!!!

bargain!!

may now look at if there are still any other flight bargains for other times for next season!!
latest report
Quote:

Hinesite a great thing

not hindsight - but why would you tie up ££££££££££ of your money up to a year in advance, when it won't cost any more 48 hours before you fly? Easyjet have never tried to kid people it will cost more to book your baggage later.
snow report
just booked a cheap flight for late march with hold luggage and ski carriage for £60, for a potential long weekend, also added a couple of extra hold bags in case anyone who decides to come with me (if we can get away) on the flights can benefit for the luggage bargain as well.

also, went back into my feb booking and added an extra 4 hold bags and a ski bag for £9.90, just in case anyone who may be travelling with us can use them. if not it is a couple of beers wasted!!!

I see the flight prices have risen for the feb booking have increased considerably

there does not seem to be a limit on the baggage allowance
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Hinesite a great thing

not hindsight - but why would you tie up ££££££££££ of your money up to a year in advance, when it won't cost any more 48 hours before you fly? Easyjet have never tried to kid people it will cost more to book your baggage later.

In my case it was an incorrect assumption. I remember reading of people having issues / charged extra for adding baggage later (though that could have been Ryanair). We live, we learn Happy
snow report
@NickyJ, In these uncertain times you could not have been sure that the aircraft will be flying with a full hold of baggage. Adding your bags at the time of booking was not such a bad idea.

What EJ let you do in the past is no guide to the future.
snow report
Up to now you've been charged extra only if you turn up at the airport with more than you've paid for.
ski holidays
@cad99uk, thanks for making me feel better Happy. I did go in and add two more on ski carriage so that I have 4 pairs officially rather than 2 skis per bag and keeping fingers crossed (it will be well under weight as I normally take 4 pairs in 1 bag at 22kg with BA) but was a little nervous this way no need to stress
ski holidays
@NickyJ, We added our snowboard bags at the time of booking to make sure they would get on the flight(s). So you are not alone. We did then add other bags at 99p.

If we get to go sliding next season then the delta cost will be forgotten.

Stay healthy.
snow conditions
All these extra bags added will probably mean not enough space in the hold. Watch out!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:

I think it does sometimes cost more to add luggage later, even with Easyjet. We paid £14 per bag a month ago (for the heavier category) at the time of booking a flight, but it cost us c. £25 to add a bag to an existing flight.
snow report
Quote:

We paid £14 per bag a month ago (for the heavier category)

that seems very cheap - perhaps they were running another of their offers.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

We paid £14 per bag a month ago (for the heavier category)

that seems very cheap - perhaps they were running another of their offers.

Yes that is what we paid for the normal hold bags. At the time I thought that was better than I had observed previously. The skis were £37 per leg though!

Also to reserve the seats was also less than I have observed previously £4 per seat per leg (for “normal” seats). As we have children with us decided for that much extra I wasn’t going to mess around, I couldn’t recall of EasyJet were one of the ones with a policy to actively split up bookings but know it isn’t great on that front (hence why we normally use BA) but with the prices it was offering even paying for seats and paying for bags well worth the punt.
ski holidays
I don't know about budgjet airlines, I know from somebody who recently worked in the air line business, on scheduled flights, cargo was very profitable and very often passengers luggage would be delayed till the next flight, to make way for cargo. It was very often cheaper to pay a bit of compensation than lose cargo fees.
In todays climate airlines will use any means to make up for lost revenue, Easyjet and especially Ryan Air would I expect to be no different. So beware
latest report
pam w wrote:
I did wonder whether the offer would apply to existing bookings - but it does. snowHead However, grateful as I am to the OP, can't help pointing out that the price is 99p, or £0.99, Not .99p. Still good value, though. wink

Sorry Pam I’ve changed it Embarassed
snow conditions
4q wrote:
Just a quick heads up in case anyone’s interested. EasyJet are offering luggage including skis/sports equipment at 99p each way until the end of today -17th April

Thanks for the reminder , just added the full monty to my flights
latest report
Nice thanks for the heads up, £57 return from Bristol to Geneva with a bag is unbelievable!
ski holidays
Looks like 99p offer is now extended till Friday April 24 th

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 18-04-20 7:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Gufo wrote:
Looks like 99p offer is now extended till Friday April 24 th

Thanks, I’ve amended the opening post.
latest report
This will also be a great initiative if it persuades the wheelie-bin brigade to put stuff in the hold, instead of trying to compress everyone else's overhead stuff by 50% so they can fit theirs in: "Just .. a .. bit .. more .. (crack!) .. shove .. that .. in .. (shatter!) .. and .. easy! No sweat. Ah, whose is the blue rucksack? Something seems to be leaking ..."
snow conditions
Quote:

Nice thanks for the heads up, £57 return from Bristol to Geneva with a bag is unbelievable!

Hmm. Yes, well, that judgement could turn out to be far sighted. Still, we're not making big gambles, are we?
snow report
It's a good offer for customers, but it's not good for the environment - basically encourages people to take more luggage (no incentive to opt for the lower weight limit bag when a heavier bag costs the same; little incentive to fly hand luggage only; little incentive to share a hold bag between two, etc.).

Maybe it would've been better if the offer had only applied to the lighter bag.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy