Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody booking for 2021 yet?

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Frankly I'd welcome some Apres on a quiet section of ice, or on a road or something but I can't see it happening

I have plenty of cold beers in the fridge, and even a bottle of Jagatee to hand Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@tatmanstours, what’s your feeling on how welcome foreign tourists will be in Austria?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've binned all plans for this year, even if possible restrictions will take the fun out of it. Even if vaccines bring a prompt end to the pandemic late season opening up will come with massive price hikes as the season is compressed into a few weeks.

We're starting to enjoy looking forward to 2022; time to organise work to allow for a 4/5 week trip(s?), maybe St Anton, Tignes or Chamonix (and surrounding resorts). Also incentive to work hard on the road bike for some ski touring
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Matrix, I get the impression that the locals, who rely for their income on the tourist industry (which is a lot of them) are eager, if not desperate, to welcome tourists. Those who are not so reliant, are probably just hoping to ski ASAP, preferably on uncrowded pistes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We ve booked flights and accommodation for the first week of March (6-13th). The way I see it, if we don't book anything then we wont be going (or the flights and hotels will jump up in price) so we may as well take a punt (worst case is we get £300 of easyjet vouchers).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
last night i booked Courmayeur 14th-21st march. i figure get in now before any big price hikes later for that point of the season
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've just cancelled the Hotel booking for the lads trip at the end of January.

Going to wax the skis and wait and see. If nothing else crops up we might go to Norway to drink beer, eat deer and do some touring as one of our group lives in Bergan and has another mate who has a hut in the middle of nowhere.

Brews his own beer, kills his own deer and even has a wood fired hot tub!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mosha Marc, that sounds great anyway!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jet2 just cancelled our end of Jan flights. Easyjet flights are going bonkers so looks like there are still quite a few people looking to go.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@andy from embsay, BA cancelled a bunch of January flights yesterday, so that might also drive more business to anyone still advertising flights.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anybody have return EJ Man/GVA flights on 17/1, back 24/1? If so, have you been advised they are cancelled? Ours have disappeared from the schedule, but no official notification.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowdave wrote:
@andy from embsay, BA cancelled a bunch of January flights yesterday, so that might also drive more business to anyone still advertising flights.

yep had the same - BA cancelled our return flight from Geneva, but not the outgoing one??
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Handy Turnip, seem to have stopped most of the evening flights, at present the London City ones seem unaffected but that's likely a matter of time rather than strategy!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK....have bitten the bullet and bought flights for Easter 2021. Figure that if it looks like going pear shaped then we make a call in mid-March and change the flights.

No accommodation booked yet. May jump and book but only those properties offering the ability to cancel at relatively short notice.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We have something in the Dolomites booked for the end March/April. We will drive as we almost always do. The dog won’t be coming with us as she would be just one more complication, although we did all the stuff with Rabies updates and blood tests last year to get her Brexit ready.
Also have provisional arrangements to swiftly follow that with a trip to the States for our eldest son’s second wedding.
The UK based kids have said they will come skiing with us next Christmas.
snow report
I have changed out flights from first 2 weeks in Jan to first half of March. Just seemed very unlikely that 2 Jan anything would be possible, so changed before there's too much of a scramble for places. It's carried over my £1 ski bags, so all in all , could work out OK.
latest report
@Pamski, The rest of your arrangements are not really important but the fact that your dog is catered for is what matters. If I get to go skiing then I will be able to rest easy in the knowledge that my beloved pooch/fearless gun dog will be tucked up at our local spa for dogs probably at greater expense than my own accommodation!
latest report
@esaw1, she is booked in with the beloved dog sitter who just had four dogs at home and Coco adores her. This will be a six week stint so a big bill! She is often there with neighbours dogs, when we can travel!
snow report
@Pamski, love it
snow conditions
I’ve just pre purchased vouchers for 5 heli days for Nz winter 21. Kind of hoping the borders stay closed until next October because the locals price is loads cheaper than when there’s tourists about.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy