Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flashback days

Poster: A snowHead
13 years ago, closing up my newly bought apartment and had a final run from the top of Mount Vallon with my good friend Rich from Bring Your Sisters.. Pre helmet days Skullie

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kitenski, Nice!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK so it was actually yesterday 2019

Romanian Nazi Party Winter Conference

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
April skiing. It’s just the best Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was really looking forward to it @Peter S Sad. As you can see above we do it most years (the years missing we went first week of April rather than 2nd to 3rd week).

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 21-04-20 20:08; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry a day late - 20th April 2019

http://youtube.com/v/N67zNrwCfxM
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tangowaggon wrote:

the carnage of the toboggan run

Sums it up pretty well. Carnage.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok moved on to 22nd April now

22nd April 2014. Moody selfie Cool

22nd April 2015 skiing with a friend. Bizarrely she'd never skied this piste before even though her boyfriend (now husband) is an ESF moniteur. Usually mogulled it had been pisted so it was as easy as it gets. Some leg pulling with her partner of course Laughing

22nd April 2016. I'd been going over the jump every day and every photograph was pathetic. This was the least pathetic rolling eyes

22nd April 2017. Took a day off and went hiking in the Chartreuse, La Pinéa. davidof territory.
[

April 22nd 2018. The snow Park was still looking good. I don't think I hit it Laughing

Last year I was in Nice so I won't post any Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry no skiing ones for this day as we went an earlier week in April to the SFaB... but 2 years ago about 20 miles from home

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Nicky I feel your pain. Sad
Tomorrow would have been the start of our annual pilgrimage to Chamonix. Sometimes we go even later in May. Last year we had fabulous powder skiing and could sit out in the sun at the bottom of the run in Argentierre. It’s always a great time of year to ski. looking at the Glencoe webcam I can see how good the skiing there would have been this year.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
22 April 2019

Private run into VT

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A two and 3/4 year old @camskisam wanting to join in with his toy skis in in Les Menuires in 2011.

More to follow when/if I find them!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
23rd April 2015. FB told me I "As I'm 56 and today was my 56th skiing day this winter target was 56km skiing and try for 10000m vertical. Smashed it with 68.5/11000 Just 1 photo

23rd April 2017 very quiet on the glacier

Didn't ski last year that day. Did in 2014, 16 and 18 I think but took no photos.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
2016 was good, but it was all very new to me back then, did my first ever mini-hike on May 2nd. But unlike Kitenski I won't post stuff from the future Very Happy

April 23rd 2016 was the start of a 10day weather event looking back. We get northern blocking in spring most years, as it's much more likely to happen once the Dec-Feb westerlies slow down.
On this occasion, high pressure extended up towards Greenland, pulling a northerly down towards the alps. The low pressure system then got stuck in a pattern and just spun around the British Isles until early May, bringing a lot of snow to the alps at altitude, and 30-40cm down to 1500m by month end in the NW.

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
23 April 2008, Val Thorens for an EoSB

snow report

EoSB_2005 The Original Bashists
@rob@rar, I'll see your 2008 and raise you 2005
I can't promise the exact date but it's definitely this week, 15 years ago
ski holidays
April 24th

April 24th 2014, still looking good on Toura.

April 24th 2015, well earned rest

April 24th 2016, overnight snow at 3200M. Certainly not had that this year.
[/url]

April 24th 2017, snow lower down even worse than now

April 24th 2019, some fresh overnight snow below 2000m
latest report
admin wrote:
I'll see your 2008 and raise you 2005
I can't promise the exact date but it's definitely this week, 15 years ago
I think that was taken on the Thursday of that week, the day after I left as I had to get back to London for a meeting. The day of the first snowHeads race IIRC.
ski holidays
24 April 2007, Val Thorens

latest report
2 years ago today and with the changing clocks it was possible to tour in the evening in the Chartreuse mountains after work.

snow conditions
2005-yours truly- Silverski ski host (not a very flattering uniform-unisex and a bit faded). Also pre helmet - the pink bobble hat developed legendary status...
Les Menuires

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 24-04-20 10:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
doddsie wrote:
Sorry a day late - 20th April 2019

http://youtube.com/v/N67zNrwCfxM

Very Happy
snow conditions
Fearless Very Happy
snow conditions
Was looking a bit more wintry by Friday 26th!

snow conditions
Ski test event on this date at the EoSB 2014

snow report
spyderjon wrote:
Ski test event on this date at the EoSB 2014

Nice! Looks much nicer to be setting up the skis outside in the sun versus at bottom of Hemel slope Happy
snow report
Right, if this works (first time posting a pic) this should this day at Savoy (in Chx) 2009

This second image is deliberately a blurry one as I don't have contact with the elder girl to get her permission, but I figure if no one can make her out.........(anyway, she'll be an adult now)!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 24-04-20 14:41; edited 4 times in total
snow conditions
Nope that didn't work, might have to ring @spyderjon for IT advice (not something you hear everyday).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nope that's still a link, just to the full size version, not the thumbnail.
ski holidays
Get in, third attempts a charm!
ski holidays
So now, same offspring, same day 10 years later. Nicked mum's skis and heading up Le Tour after me (had to get her her own Whitedot's this season). You'll observe the ski length to height ratio has shifted over the 10 years.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 24-04-20 16:18; edited 2 times in total
snow report
I'd been ignoring this thread, only to find myself the subject of a theoretical physics discussion rolling eyes

So I raise you this rather nice powder pic of @Gämsbock, from this day last year on the EoSB:

snow conditions
A little revenge pic of @Dave of the Marmottes doing his best to improve the brand image for Whitedot in 2018:

ski holidays
Scarlet wrote:
I'd been ignoring this thread, only to find myself the subject of a theoretical physics discussion rolling eyes

So I raise you this rather nice powder pic of @Gämsbock, from this day last year on the EoSB:

Scarlet, you're a day out! That pic was must've been taken on the 26th so should be posted on Sun NehNeh
latest report
@spyderjon, Well, this week would've been EoSB week, and that was Friday and today is Friday (apparently) so that'll do me NehNeh
snow report
Scarlet wrote:

@Scarlet, that was the day that was with waiting all week for!
ski holidays
Scarlet wrote:
A little revenge pic of @Dave of the Marmottes doing his best to improve the brand image for Whitedot in 2018:

Ooh there I am again, sneaking into the back of the shot there!
ski holidays

From my first bash, EoSB 2013. Whiplash injury from a fall while hooning too fast on an empty piste one morning!

And from the day before...

latest report
Lyngen 24th April 2007 think it was either my 3rd or 4th trip up there.

Any location where the mountains drop down to the water's edge is magical let alone skiing there and made all the better by accessing it on a boat.

ski holidays
@Scarlet, pfft "having a rest" on hip > on face wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy