Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

99p luggage on easyJet flights

Poster: A snowHead
seems a good deal if you are prepared to take the risk, however heres my question ,what happens if having booked say jan21 decide for whatever reason virus/work family no snow etc to change the dates of travel as its a fair way off . same airports, could live with a reasonable increase in basic fare at a pinch but what about the prebooked baggage/skis . am thinking couldnt claim re virus unless flights cancelled as already a known risk,but could possibly move to say march nearer the time, for discussions sake lets say dec?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yep. I guess we could stand to lose £1.98. Live dangerously, that's my motto. Throw caution to the winds.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If we can't fly next January, I'll think there will be bigger concerns rather than my £57 Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wonder is easyjet will still be trading?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what a great way to start a sunday , its not often you get a " deal " of budget lines but hey this feels good
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
what a great way to start a sunday , its not often you get a " deal " of budget lines but hey this feels good
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ringingmaster wrote:

They are quoting quite a decent amount in the bank. If not my travel insurance does cover end supplier failure and airline failure. In these times I think that is an absolute must and why we moved to this insurance policy last year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I see this very much like a kickstarter type idea, i.e get peoples money well in advance, create an additional cash flow stream for yourself. People who bought in at risk get potential rewards for doing so.

I would normally not have booked any flights for next season yet, but for this price I couldn't help having a little gamble on an extra trip!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
re my earllier post , having checked easy jet site to salzburg it would seem that if you change a flight say from jan to march you would be expected to pay around 25 and 37 pound /person / flight dependent on how far out. Which to me seems fair cos if the virus was still ongoing you could cancel at no big loss or move the flights and accept the fee and a flight increase ( they do not mention baggage which ive assumed as already booked would be included) which this last couple of years 60 days out hasnt been much different its the bags and skis that add up and are more than the cost of changing a couple of flights so long as not peak time . The risk /gamble is wether the virus has run its course and on that im not in a positive mind that it will have so reckon we will wait and do as the last few years drive if we can travel in march ,as for jan do nothing yet
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ringingmaster wrote:

If they aren't I'll try and get my money back via the CC company. If not I get flights and baggage for 2 return for £100. Don't see it as a huge gamble myself.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Flights are now out for Easter 2021!

I have just booked flights and bags for 20 of us for under £85 return each! Great flight times too!

Luton - Geneva
Sat 3rd April - Sat 10th April

We were supposed to be going this Easter and our flights were £220 each so a huge saving.

Deffo worth the risk!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@DanB234, same here. Managed to pick up return flights from Gatwick to Geneva (3-10th April) at great times, with baggage, for only £100 each. It was double that for this year's cancelled ones. So when the refund comes through, I'll be £500 up.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just priced up the bank holiday weekend for Easter. 6pm Thursday fight, 9pm Monday return, 4 days skiing £125 for the 2 of us, including 1 x 23kg bag and 1 x Ski bag.

Found a studio in central Chamonix for £150. Would rather some where like Tignes/Val D/ Val Thorens for a bit of extra height, but close to Genenva will give us 4 full days skiing.

Now to convince the other half we should definitely do it...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@swskier, that's a bargain, you should definitely do it!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dunc999 wrote:
@swskier, that's a bargain, you should definitely do it!!

Turns out that took zero convincing.

We're booked in, 4 days skiing 0 days annual leave.
ski holidays
@swskier, nice.
latest report
Cheers for the heads up, booked Thurs to Tues over Easter, £51 including board bag Very Happy
snow report
176 for 3 seats return Sat sat Luton to geneva 2 hold luggage and 2 ski bags for easter.

Now we just have the issue of where to go when we get there Wink
snow report
I can see the prices are very tempting but no-one can predict what the Covid situation will be next year.
snow report
Jehu wrote:
I can see the prices are very tempting but no-one can predict what the Covid situation will be next year.

Indeed, and that's a risk we're happy to accept for £60 each, because one things for sure prices will be considerably more nearer the time when things hopefully clear up
snow report
if we are still in lockdown come next ski season I have a hell of a lot more to worry about than losing £1k on 30 flights
snow conditions
swskier wrote:
Jehu wrote:

Indeed, and that's a risk we're happy to accept for £60 each, because one things for sure prices will be considerably more nearer the time when things hopefully clear up

And in addition, if we're all still in lockdown I'll claim the flights back from my CC company. I really don't see much of a downside.
snow report
Quote:

swskier wrote:

Jehu wrote:

And in addition, if we're all still in lockdown I'll claim the flights back from my CC company. I really don't see much of a downside.

+1 I booked 3 return flights for feb half term for £160 with luggage and ski bags, and a return for mid march for £60 again with bags.

worst case scenario, if lockdown is still continuing in some form, and easyjet still operating, you may be able to use another time if not will try and get back from card provider.

I have provisionally booked, overnight accommodation to allow for the flight times and car hire for the week, just now trying to book an apartment that can be cancelled with either no or little loss of money

seeing as easyjet have only recently offered the £1 baggage deal am now keeping my eye out for a deal for choosing seats Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Booked flights for Easter weekend - I'd already planned to go away then, as it'll be my 40th! A bunch of friends have jumped on the offer too, all knowing the risks. Other people are holding off on the flights - personal decision by each. Hopefully it'll work out, in which case it'll be a bargain. If it doesn't, we'll replan.

For me, £60 return including suitcase and a ski bag was too good to not risk it!
snow report
I've bought flights for Feb half term (LGW - Salzburg) and Easter (STN - Geneva) for the 2 kids and myself. Absolute bargain at £150 per trip, including ski bags and luggage. But really I booked the Easter flights almost as back-up, I'm pretty much resigned already that the Feb half term will be too soon for the restrictions to lifted.
snow report
Thanks for posting this @4q

Just added mine to my rearranged flights for early February. Tempted to book some flights for January now too
ski holidays
Offer now extended until midnight on Tuesday 28th April too!
ski holidays
Still 99p, just checked out of interest.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scratch that. They're back up to normal.
latest report
Yep seems to have been pulled just as the deadline had piqued my interest. Their cashflow loss not mine.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy