Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are we becoming a ski club?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If we are becoming a club - I'd join that as well !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob,
Quote:

e.g. people are quite happy to drive or take the train out to the Alps but a common complaint is that a 9 hour transatlantic flight is too long.

Very good point, I must admit I hadn't looked at it like quite like that before Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, You have a point. What is happening here is a group of like minded individuals coming together but rarely using the muscle that comes with these numbers to maximise the benefit for all.

The PSB and EoSB are good value because of the numbers of people that can be brought together, but is there some scope for using the numbers of members to try and get other things?? Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can offer a volume discount on words
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kosciosco, In a way it goes to the 'ownership, rights etc.' discussion and since Admin's on the piste right now it'd be gross bad manners to raise that while he's havin' fun. My thought is that we should be 'blue-skying' way's to organise ourselves that don't simply mimic existing practice.

Things like a transfers diary/calendar. Many snowheads pass through the same airport at the same time on their way to resorts in the same area. There could be an on-line way to co-ordinate a transfer bus/taxi/hire to ease the convenience and spread the cost and to make any booking secure it needs a way to take and hold funds in secure escrow for the booking payment. What comes to mind is possibly something akin to a credit union.

We are a club already, we just need to find ways to be one that don't simply repeat the worst aspects of other clubs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

We are a club already, we just need to find ways to be one that don't simply repeat the worst aspects of other clubs

So more mutual benefits, less pompous posturing and no clubhouse? I'll go for that. I'm particularly keen on the shared transfer idea as well.
Does U need volunteers to tout around for discounts with independent ops and ski shops?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, when people have asked who I'm going on holiday with this week, I've told them "my ski club".
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy