Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowheads piste performance training

Poster: A snowHead
@k, Which day do you plan to break yourself ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
k wrote:
But in a leisurely, non-combative gate way.....
Laughing The first time I skied full-size slalom gates I thought I'd been in a boxing match. Beaten up comprehensively and little bruises all over. Enormous fun!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guess I might be interested...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Probably interested: what @Riccardo said
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@adithorp,
Quote:

Guess I might be interested

I need someone to carry the luggage home after I break myself.... rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In principle I love the sound of this, gates and all. But not going to dream until I know that travel's fully safe again - I very much doubt 2020 for me.
Also, PSB probably won't see me with strong enough legs yet; EOSB maybe..? Or something in between?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe.

Now I’m not a person that worries too much about what might be but going forward no insurer is going to cover anyone for C-19 whilst on holiday. So that will leave going abroad to a country where reciprocal healthcare/EHIC cover is in force. With Brexit the EHIC will soon not apply so that’s all an unknown quantity and I dare say one that few countries have even bothered thinking about just lately.
With potentially a few waves of this virus hitting us all, I cannot say that I fancy trying to fund a 3 week ITU stay (if I survive it) from my own pocket. Or my NOK having to fund flying my bod home (if they even allow that).

(Really want an antibody test now so that I can find out if I’ve had it with few or no symptoms because then I can travel with impunity. Laughing )
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just added an Intro / Course Overview from gavincrosby to the first post.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
edit from admin:
Gavin sent me this as an outline. Nothing set in stone so we're open to discussion/adaptation but it looks good to me and it's hard to argue with skill and experience like Gav's Laughing
gavincrosby wrote:
Intro:

Rather than trying to change our performance whilst skiing around the mountains, we have to realise that spending time improving our underlying performance and skill in a focused manner beforehand, will greatly improve our skiing around the mountains.

Many sports coaches spend considerable time developing skills and performance with drills, activities and feedback before their clients actually play or participate in a game of tennis, golf or skiing ...

It is very difficult to focus on receiving individual feedback while actually playing a game of tennis against someone who has been consistently beating you, or while skiing la Banane couloir in La Grave... your attention will inevitably be elsewhere! 

Course overview:

On piste using a variety of different slopes
Drills and activities to improve performance and skill

In-depth video analysis and action points

Evening discussion on ski technique, performance and skill

Goal-setting for continued development.

Gavin

I am definitely interested in this.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is this still a thing? I quite fancy a bit of piste skiing focus/feedback [actually, I just want to go skiing on a proper mountain ASAP]. Is there a button to press, list of details, queue to join etc?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Klamm Franzer, it certainly is.
Just getting the last details sorted out.
To benefit from the good deals we already have set up in Tignes for the PSB (and because someone is sure to want to do the double), it will be the week before the PSB and accom will be Le Taos. (PSB is set for 5th - 12th Dec so this will be 28 Nov-5 Dec).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@admin, did someone say buttons? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rolling eyes junkie Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What @k said.
Buttons please snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes, interested in this. Plan to arrive T 30 Nov from Hintertux. So 1 Dec onwards.
And I telemark, but always good to get a different perspective.
Is it likely to be happening???
snow report
@DB, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
If it’s the same Gavin from Tignes I know, I can’t recommend him highly enough! Top instructor and a good laugh.
ski holidays
Yes, I know Gavin. Good chap. Recall from Serre Chevalier
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
k wrote:
Laughing The first time I skied full-size slalom gates I thought I'd been in a boxing match. Beaten up comprehensively and little bruises all over. Enormous fun!

You’re meant to ski around them, not over them rolling eyes
latest report
AL9000 wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
k wrote:

Damn, I thought I might have been doing something wrong! Although the fastest time is when your feet go outside the gate but the rest of you goes inside the gate, which is sorta like skiing over them...

snow conditions
@rob@rar, Okaaay. I just thought you were having “enormous fun” having your balls whacked. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
AL9000 wrote:
@rob@rar, Okaaay. I just thought you were having “enormous fun” having your balls whacked. Madeye-Smiley
That’s for a different destination altogether.
snow conditions
Ohh. Slalom. Quite tight to telemark. Normally GS.

latest report
AL9000 wrote:
If it’s the same Gavin from Tignes I know, I can’t recommend him highly enough! Top instructor and a good laugh.

2 different Gavins. Gavin Crosby from NewGen Serre Chevalier is running this not Gavin Lewis from TDC Tignes. Both top guys.
snow conditions
Text book Colin, be careful or Gavin will be asking you to run the Tele classes!!!
ski holidays
@Rogerdodger, would be more than happy to run a clinic if anyone wanted to have half a day, as Ronald only knows too well.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
AL9000 wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
k wrote:

Damn, I thought I might have been doing something wrong! Although the fastest time is when your feet go outside the gate but the rest of you goes inside the gate, which is sorta like skiing over them...

Why do they make the gate so tall?

If the rules are the skis must go around them, make them knee high (or even angle height) so skiers don't get their "balls whacked" (i.e. requiring all sort of padding, which add to the expense for kids racing program)

(Different perspective: I did a bit of canoe slalom, where the gates don't go all the way. The body must go around the gate, but the bow or stern of the boat goes UNDER the gate, often to the inside of the gate).
ski holidays
@abc, You can see full size gates when you are looking further ahead, I have to look down to see a short gate and find that makes me turn too late.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@abc, in addition to full size gates there are a range of different types of markers such as little brushes which can be skied over or short gummy gates which are no more than knee high. You can select the type of marker for the skier and for the task in hand.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
@abc, in addition to full size gates there are a range of different types of markers such as little brushes which can be skied over or short gummy gates which are no more than knee high. You can select the type of marker for the skier and for the task in hand.

I'm not going to say which skier this is for but I'm going to select a wrought iron gate, locked, with dobermanns patrolling the other side.

Maybe a moat.
snow report
@Riccardo, Laughing
latest report
Out of curiosity, was this week available for people not doing the the performance course ie just extending the PSB for 2 weeks skiing? (I understand that it didn't go ahead in the end just planning/dreaming for the season coming).
snow report
@WASHOUT, it was never finalised as it never seemed likely enough.

It depends on what constraints I'm under. If, for example, I am limited to 30 apartment beds, I will give priority to those doing the course and if there's not the demand to fill it, allow 'sideliners' later on.
snow conditions
Cheers admin. Will keep a eye on it. Fingers crossed for a good season
ski holidays
@admin, I’m definitely interested in this as well (and the PSB).
snow report
At the moment we're looking at the most likely dates being w/c 27Nov + w/c 4th Dec but I don't know which order the events will come... and those dates aren't confirmed yet. Hopefully soon though.
snow conditions
The PiPAU is real now https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4775869
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy