Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain Chief Exec resigns

Poster: A snowHead
Just tried that Facebook link. Requested to join the group, was prompted to answer questions to complete my request to join.

Your request is pending
You can finish your request by answering these membership questions. Your answers will make it easier for admins to review your membership.
Membership questions · 1
This group is for all who value a great British Ski Club. We welcome past, current and future members of the Ski Club of GB, and similar clubs. Please confirm this is for you and do share what makes a great ski club for you ...

Except, the questions never appeared. NO working link, so unable to join the group to find out what the SCGB is all about.

A great way to welcome new members. (not)!! rolling eyes rolling eyes

Come on @Hamilton Academical, It seems all your online presence is full of incorrect or non working links. Get your websites sorted ffs.

You might not actually want me as a member, but no point refusing everybody else just in case it's me. Puzzled

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 15-01-22 11:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sugarmoma666, interesting…. And possibly illegal.

Quote:
Submitting form TM01 to Companies House

The company should inform Companies House within 14 days of the date the officer left office. This is done by completing form TM01 for directors, form TM02 for company secretaries or form LLTM01 for LLP members.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brianatab wrote:
Just tried that Facebook link. Requested to join the group, was prompted to answer questions to complete my request to join.

Your request is pending
You can finish your request by answering these membership questions. Your answers will make it easier for admins to review your membership.
Membership questions · 1
This group is for all who value a great British Ski Club. We welcome past, current and future members of the Ski Club of GB, and similar clubs. Please confirm this is for you and do share what makes a great ski club for you ...

Except, the questions never appeared. NO working link, so unable to join the group to find out what the SCGB is all about.

A great way to welcome new members. (not)!! rolling eyes rolling eyes

Come on @Hamilton Academical, It seems all your online presence is full of incorrect or non working links. Get your websites sorted ffs.

You might not actually want me as a member, but no point refusing everybody else just in case it's me. Puzzled

That group isn't run by the Ski Club.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 15-01-22 11:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ousekjarr, They're probably holding back in the hope that he will change his mind.
Seems he might be one of the best Directors they've ever had, and not sure how to cope without him. Shocked Shocked Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hamilton Academical, "SCGB, members past, present and future!" Facebook page not run by the SCGB? Shocked

But you allow them to use your Trademarked name??

Surely, anything done online using your trademark would require your permission, and as the "apparent" public face on Social Media to anybody who sees it, you would expect it to be done properly?

Not likely to attract many "future" members if they can't access using their preferred social media.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@brianatab, they don’t have control of that Facebook page as it was set up by a director who was then apparently ejected for not agreeing with Gerry et al, and having threatened to sue to gain control of it, it seems the SCGB have finally realised that like all Facebook groups it is owned by the group admin, not by a corporate organisation.

It’s a problem of their own making, and is unlikely to go away anytime soon, but it’s relevance is very very limited.

Trademarkgate (TM) may be linked to this, in the hope of making a formal complaint to Facebook over trademark infringement.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brianatab wrote:
@Hamilton Academical, "SCGB, members past, present and future!" Facebook page not run by the SCGB? Shocked

But you allow them to use your Trademarked name??

Surely, anything done online using your trademark would require your permission, and as the "apparent" public face on Social Media to anybody who sees it, you would expect it to be done properly?

Not likely to attract many "future" members if they can't access using their preferred social media.

The group was the Ski Club's, but when one director (also the sole admin of the group) was voted off the board, he held onto the group and refused to hand it back.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@brianatab, come on, keep up.
It's run by an ex-board member (and snowHead ) and I believe has faced threat of legal action from SCGB over content and ownership.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@adithorp, Sorry, Embarassed Came to the party relatively late, (2015) and still catching up on a few facts. Toofy Grin

Anyone know why he was booted off the Board? He didn't dare voice an opinion did he?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Depends who you listen to/believe.
Go back and waste a weekend reading previous pages.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Gerry, when I update directors on Companies House, which I do regularly, it updates in about 20 minutes. I've never known a delay in 5 years. If you believe you are not a director and that Companies house has been informed you would be well advised to ask your company secretary to look into it.

It appears that although Gerry has resigned as a SCGB council member, the update to Companies House has been delayed by the SCGB waiting to make several updates in one go.

Why? It takes 2 minutes to do and risks penalties for not being timely. Also god help them if they want to make mandate changes and the Know Your Customer checks show its not up to date...they can and will freeze the bank account. It happened to me because our bank hadn't actioned the changes I reported to them rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx, ousekjarr's link in his post above shows that they should have informed Companies House within 14 days of the date Gerry left office. Looks like they're as sloppy about that as they are in filing trademark applications.....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Alastair Pink, yes I know...its my job
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hamilton Academical wrote:
@Pruman, another pile of (drunken?) rubbish written by you. And posted late at night again, I assume because someone unscrewed you coffin lid again?

Or maybe I'm not on the same time zone as you, but none of your business. You are coming across as a creepy old stalker again. My words aren't those of a drunk are they? Whereas yours........

Maybe your allegation needs to be tested in court with you as the defendant in a libel case.

Some things in life are verifiable facts like paperwork from the IPO and other things are opinions. You know nothing about libel or what it would take to mount such a frivillous challenge. I'm sure Members would really love seeing all THEIR remaining cash spaffed on lawyers. Stop embarrassing yourself. 

Your name is [Inverness Caledonian Thistle], iirc? The Club will have your details and I’m sure they’ll consider all the options.

Which would be fabulous because I'm not currently a Member and there are GDPR issues surrounding holding onto personal data that is no longer required. Using someone's personal data to "Consider all the options" wouldn't be to the liking of the ICO who might have a few things to say about such threats of weaponisation - as you are still a Director I'll drop them a note. See how creepy you are? What are you going to do? Come round and ceramic tile over my computer screen? Grout my mouth shut?

And that government website is notoriously slow at updating.

No, it isn't, it's almost instant as others have said. I made a change to a Director's status yesterday and Companies House updated in about a minute. Is Trademark Tony responsible for Companies House matters too then? If whoever did the change of registered address multiple times (there's a pattern there isn't there?) is also doing your resignation, you will find that the hold up is at the Club's end of things. So, go ahead, unjustly criticise the highly efficient Companies House system rather than it be your fault.

The group was the Ski Club's, but when one director (also the sole admin of the group) was voted off the board, he held onto the group and refused to hand it back.

He did the right thing. Clearly. On that group we got this:

Angus Maciver wrote:
Graham McGraham (AKA Admin) I just had a look at Snowheads and there really seems to be a lot of questions and interest on there about the SCGB - especially given it's supposedly independent of the Club. Would you like me to do a Q&A with your contributors to help them with info on the business model, the hope for a return of the Club to resorts in France, the fact that holidays will stand alone, the desire to add more member benefits?

Fair enough, a friendly and professional reaching out from the incoming Chairman, although "supposedly independent" is a bit odd, but it instantly leads to a very unnecessary attack on Admin by Gerry. He calls him "a hypocrite and a coward" for example and he repeats legal threats and other veiled threats in the usual Gerry way. He also goes after me thinking I'm someone who isn't me so now that someone who isn't me will be having his eyes grouted shut. It's worth signing up to read it all. There must have been a massive sigh of relief when he resigned as a Director.

And finally - Comparing Ski Club 1.0 paid membership numbers with snowheads registrations isn't apples v apples is it? Kind of irrelevant because I suspect many skiers arrive at snowheads after doing a Google search for something ski related. In many cases they get their info without needing to register.

With the web tools I have available, looking at the last 6 months:

Snowheads 
Total visits - 616,000
Average visit duration - 03:15 (minutes)
Pages per visit - 3.14

Skiclub.co.uk 
Total visits - 171,000
Average visit duration - 01:44 (minutes)
Pages per visit - 2.66

Perhaps that's a better metric of real world engagement / popularity. 
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Angus Maciver wrote:
Graham McGraham (AKA Admin) I just had a look at Snowheads and there really seems to be a lot of questions and interest on there about the SCGB - especially given it's supposedly independent of the Club. Would you like me to do a Q&A with your contributors to help them with info on the business model, the hope for a return of the Club to resorts in France, the fact that holidays will stand alone, the desire to add more member benefits?

I don't get the 'supposedly' bit either Confused

@Angus Maciver, I'm pleased you've taken the opportunity to check out snowHeads for yourself. Of course, there's no 'supposedly' about it, snowHeads is entirely independent of the SCGB as you surely know
....after all, you claimed on facebook never to have heard of it which you surely would have as chairman of the SCGB if it was yours?
. Being the place on the internet where the most passionate and engaged recreational skiers discuss their interest, some, naturally, are also members of the SCGB, so it's only natural that your club should come up in conversation at times (you should surely be more concerned if it didn't!)
This is just one of 130 different topics that were active here in the past 24hrs and while this thread may look busy to you, engagement levels at snowHeads may be on a different scale to what you're used to: for example, this thread, despite being fairly lively recently, constitutes just 0.26% of posting activity on snowHeads this month.

You are, of course very welcome to engage here: as an open forum, you don't need my permission to do so, but I wholly encourage it.
One strong suggestion though:- Please don't take Gerry's lead regarding communication style: his confrontational, combative approach to conversation here does no favours for the organisation or causes he purports to represent.
snow conditions
Thank you admin. As an SCGB member I agree wholeheartedly.
snow report
@Pruman,
Quote:
...as you are still a Director...

You really are a clueless idiot. I hold dominion over whether I'm a director, or not and I am not. I stopped being one when I retired. The fact I'm still listed as one is totally irrelevant.
snow report
@Pruman,
Quote:

You really are a clueless idiot. I hold dominion over whether I'm a director, or not and I am not. I stopped being one when I retired. The fact I'm still listed as one is totally irrelevant.

Is that the legal situation?
ski holidays
brianatab wrote:
@Pruman,
Quote:

Is that the legal situation?

I followed the correct procedure for resigning as a director of the Ski Club. It was agreed that I would retire on the day of the AGM. I cannot carry on being one against my will, either deliberately or by accident, except obviously in the mind of Pruman.
snow report
This according to the internet this is what you should do.

Quote:
Inform Companies House

Use ‘Form TM01 – Resignation of a Company Director’ to notify Companies House of your resignation. The company name and registration number is required on Form TM01, along with your full name and date of birth, and the effective date of your resignation. Your details remain on the Companies House register, with a note to indicate that you have resigned.
snow conditions
@Pruman,
Quote:
He also goes after me thinking I'm someone who isn't me

How do I know who you are? Well, simple really, you were posting grumpy comments on the Ski Club forum and then repeating them on here within minutes.
snow conditions
SKI CLUB OF GREAT BRITAIN!

If they don’t want the name, maybe somebody with decades of ski ‘journalism’ experience, might want it.
latest report
Shouldn't they now rename as Ski Club of the United Kingdom (SCUK) to conform with the now UK not GB thing or is that just for number plates Toofy Grin
snow conditions
In honour of the efforts of our esteemed Prime Minister and his gang, perhaps SCDK would be more appropriate.
snow report
Quote:

I hold dominion over whether I'm a director, or not and I am not. I stopped being one when I retired. The fact I'm still listed as one is totally irrelevant.

Laughing How sweetly pompous. What touching faith in one's "dominion".
snow conditions
@tarrantd, If I paid to join would that make me a SCUKer?
latest report

I followed the correct procedure for resigning as a director of the Ski Club. It was agreed that I would retire on the day of the AGM.

Were Companies House informed of your resignation within the required 14 days? If not it could have adverse consequences for SCGB. Late notification of officer changes can be costly for your company.
Quote "Recent guidance from Companies House has meant that greater prudence must be applied when informing them about changes to a limited company. Many companies do not inform Companies House of changes to their officers within the 14-day period set out in the Companies Act 2006. Whilst late filing of changes to their officers has never been recommended (it is a breach of the Companies Act 2006 and may result in a fine for the company and its officers, doing so may now affect a company’s credit rating as reference agencies are choosing to use late filing as a means of establishing how reliable a company can be. (my italics)
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I hold dominion over whether I'm a director, or not and I am not. I stopped being one when I retired. The fact I'm still listed as one is totally irrelevant.

Bit patronising of you, luv.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Bit patronising of you, luv.

Oh the irony. Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Can I just check something that has increasingly confused me. The snowhead formerly known as 'Gerry' has now renamed themselves 'Hamilton Academical'?

This person is part of the SCGB setup and has some kind of grievance based on a historic schism which saw many folk leave that club for here?

'Gerry' still comes here to defend the SCGB honour but ends up resorting to statements like "Stumbled across this wee wee hole in the snow"?
latest report
Csb123 wrote:
Can I just check something that has increasingly confused me. The snowhead formerly known as 'Gerry' has now renamed themselves 'Hamilton Academical'?

This person is part of the SCGB setup and has some kind of grievance based on a historic schism which saw many folk leave that club for here?

'Gerry' still comes here to defend the SCGB honour but ends up resorting to statements like "Stumbled across this wee wee hole in the snow"?

Think he may be a Urologist or summat, with a stated interest in "bedwetters" amongst other urine based views. Either that, or has his specialist interest sites mixed up in his saved tabs.
ski holidays
@Csb123, yes, yes and that usually his starting tactic rather than something he "ends up resorting to"
latest report
Gosh ... so @hamilton academical is @gerry who is also a three time SCGB Director - elected again in 2019 - sadly now can't be bothered to do the hard work and serve out his term, having already gutlessly knifed his (ex) mate (me) for being willing to challenge and drive change - this undermined accountability and useful action - of course the Board needs people who will challenge the stale, self righteous thinking that allows eg someone to attack Snowheads again and again, and goes onto Facebook to paint such a dismal picture of 'The Club' (it isn't "the" club anymore) while completely failing to build a fresh, healthy agenda. Quite the wrong focus. SCGB Council needs people who will look to build a club relevant today, and relevant to all skiers, with ideas, drive and willingness to challenge things which no longer work, however good they were in the past.
Nevertheless, while still a Director @HA abuses everyone - and the Board lets him do it - just like they let someone try to steal the snowheads trademark then not apologise to @admin . Probably cock up rather than conspiracy - but in that case the incompetence and arrogance is gobsmacking - as a cock up Council can - and should - work to reconcile - or at least apologise properly. Why has this not happened? Previous SCGB CEO's have recognised that snowheads are not the enemy. Am I the only one that thinks SCGB now looks like a vindictive, frightened, unaccountable and lost organisation which has forgotten what it is there for and who it serves? How about SCGB actually looks after skiers, and welcomes all into an open club?
Personally I regret working so hard to get @HA elected (I sourced and cast some 40 proxy votes for us both - we needed to get change on Council which the 'recommendees' (aka plants) from then CEO and Chairman would have undermined).
Can I plead with SCGB Council members to contribute here, build bridges and start to paint a positive picture - and show SCGB is still relevant and welcoming organisation. Many of us have been passionate about SCGB, and think it has a very valuable legacy- why continue in this death spiral? Please let SCGB not be about a few all too precious egos and let it be about skiers, and club skiing.
snow conditions
Quote:

as a cock up Council

Some commas would be helpful … or not (it depends) Little Angel

Quote:

the 'recommendees' (aka vegetables)

FIFY Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Quote:

snowheads are not the enemy.

FWIW, I don’t think anyone here generalizes the actions of the few to all SCGBers.
snow report
@Hamilton Academical,
You can call ShowHeads (TM) clueless, but you are deluded.
According to Companies House you are a director of Ski Club;
According to Ski Club's own website (which we must all hope is telling the truth) you are a "Council Officer/director";
However, some person who is undecided as to what he is (tiling contractor, director, football team) says that he is not a director. Sorry, but 2 yes beats 1 no.
In my many years in the overseas end of the travel industry I found various reps and noticeboards for Ski Club and none made me go "wow, I must join".
That said, I have no axe to grind either way for Ski Club, but if I were a member of Council I would probably be looking for you to be expelled for something along the lines of "bringing the organisation into disrepute"
snow conditions
@Nemisis,
Quote:

"bringing the organisation into disrepute"

He's been doing that with impunity for absolutely donkey's years. I left the Ski Club around 10 years ago because his behaviour on its then active chat forum was so disgusting (and he was a director then).
latest report
brianatab wrote:
/

The past present future facebook group is open to all who are interested in a ski club - member with member in resort (not just SCGB) - most are current or past members of SCGB, many passionate supporters, many somewhat frustrated with current direction of the Club. You should have no problems joining, either say yes to the question or wait for me to accept you in. PM me if any problems.
snow conditions
At the risk of having @Gerry wet the bed again isn’t it genuinely staggering that the Chairman (@Angus?) of the SCGB doesn’t know what SH is? 60k registered snow fans and the same again in guests predominantly from the UK. You’d think it would be just about the most obvious place for SCGB to look for new members?

Of course it would help if @Gerry wasn’t on some personal mission of self-destruction to abuse everyone on here, but surely they could just tell him to keep his mouth shut? Suspect most of the animosity on here is aimed at @Gerry himself rather than the ski club. It suffers by association.

Or is there more too it than that?
ski holidays
@BobinCH, most people here are very clear that in view the Ski Club should stop organising holidays for its members.

They insist the holidays are for elitists and that the Reps who run them (in the same way admin runs his trips) shouldn’t by on them.

So I think jealously is the driving force here.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy