Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain Chief Exec resigns

Poster: A snowHead
ousekjarr wrote:
Hamilton Academical wrote:

'He', will do.

And thus it came to pass that forever more the poster previously known as Gerry was addressed universally as 'He', including the quotation marks at all times, as that is of course part of the trademark application. 'He' specifically requested it, and 'His' wishes must be respected. Cool

I have family in Hamilton. The Academicals are those who managed to stay on at school until 16 rather than leaving due to pregnancy or a prison sentence. The six people per year who were still in school at 17 were regarded as somewhat special.

Oh dear, another butt hurt remoaner arrives and wrings out his nappy.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OK, whatever 'He', says - and note that I made sure to include the comma as well, as you specifically requested that.

I may actually need a nappy at this rate - I'm pissing myself with laughter at both your new name and the way you continue to defend the indefensible. Are you sure you're not a cabinet minister?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ousekjarr, I'm just presenting the truth. I'm not in the least bit surprised that you and the rest of the anti-Ski Club clique are unable to accept the facts and have instead decided to start making things up.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hamilton Academical, Welcome back. Never fail to get a good laugh when you are around. Hilarious. Really. Thanks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zikomo wrote:
@Hamilton Academical, Welcome back. Never fail to get a good laugh when you are around. Hilarious. Really. Thanks.

Someone lost a sock?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
zikomo wrote:

Someone lost a sock?

Now I am really confused! care to elaborate so I know what you mean?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tony was simply dealing with a sub brand that he thought we might decide to use later on another platform.

Sounds like a sound business idea. rolling eyes

Close down a (supposedly thriving, but really dying) forum under an existing trade mark, then go to the trouble of trade marking a "sub brand", and others of a similar name, just in case?

One might assume that, as Tony had never heard of Snowheads, then a very substantial number of your members hadn't either.

How would you have gone about recruiting all your former members and informing them of the change?

oh, wait, you don't have to because they are already signed up. Very Happy

Now all you would have to do was find a way of converting them to become subscribing members, whilst at the same time, censoring the topics of discussion.............
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hamilton Academical, You have changed your original username, not using a sock.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ousekjarr, I'm just presenting the truth. I'm not in the least bit surprised that you and the rest of the anti-Ski Club clique are unable to accept the facts and have instead decided to start making things up.

Oh, I'm sorry - did we make up the trademark application? Maybe I was hallucinating and dreamed the whole thing. Silly me.

The problem with your idea of "truth" is that it is so preposterously unbelievable that a successful businessman with a background in intellectual property and corporate M&A and therefore lots of experience in the importance of due diligence, and who has been a member of the SCGB for many years and a director of it for some time now should inexplicably fail to do any due diligence and then file a trademark application for a name that the SCGB does not own, does not use, and which the SCGB (and SCGB alone) sees as a threat to their continued existence. We're struggling to believe it, and the only evidence you can provide is to ask us to believe you. That would involve a degree of trust in you as a person, and unfortunately your time on this forum has made that impossible because you've consistently come across as a nasty, offensive and aggressive person which has destroyed any shred of credibility that you might otherwise have had.

I really fail to see what the SCGB voters saw in you. I can only hope that you come across better in real life, but I hope to never have an opportunity to find out.

And anyway, I thought you were now so busy with your business that you couldn't dedicate the time required to be a director of your club? Stop slacking and get back to work.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
And the idea that Trademark Tony has never even heard of Snowheads is utterly ridiculous - have you not even briefed him on how wet the beds are over here, and how much damage would be done to the SCGB reputation if you weren't constantly patrolling the forum to make sure that any criticism of SCGB is instantaneously met with a response which immediately clears the whole thing up and results in an immediate surge in membership enquiries? Is there not an induction process for new directors that ensures they are aware of the potential issues around how the SCGB is perceived and the ongoing challenge presented by Snowheads in supporting an open forum where criticism is not rigorously shut down?

Has he heard of the Facebook group that you also tried to take over, or does his ignorance really know no bounds? Has he been involved in any of the legal action that has either been suggested or initiated over the last year? Surely a director has to be aware of that?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't really care if Trademark Tony is mouth gapingly stupid or it was done maliciously. If we are to believe Gerry Aitken, SCGB director at the time (and possibly still now) it is the former. Trouble is his CV doesn't really align with that and regardless it is a further indictment of the SCGB that he was allowed near any sharp objects whatsoever if he was incapable of even the slightest bit of due dilligence or thought before so thoroughly ( 6 applications for separate forms of the name) trying to TM only this name among the entire world of ski clubs and ski forums.

The other bit of Trademark Tony's story that showed the true character of the SCGB was that having apparently discovered his error, neither he nor no-one at the SCGB saw fit to proactively communicate with the owner of this site. Even a post as a new user here - "Sorry cocked up a bit, just so you don't worry, sincere apologies, please contact me" would have showed some integrity.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

No, you idiot. There was a big lag (couple of months) between the decision to close and the actual closure. Tony was simply dealing with a sub brand that he thought we might decide to use later on another platform.

Maybe you should stick to strapping burnt porridge out of pots in your shitty chalets because this seems a bit too complicated for you?

I’m enjoying the irony of your new name “academical”.

But you’re right about one thing, if you can’t see how ridiculous and hopelessly incompetent your story looks then I’ll stop wasting my time and return to farming the DEEEEP powder while you continue on your one man self destruction mission.

Best wishes x
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ousekjarr wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry - did we make up the trademark application? Maybe I was hallucinating and dreamed the whole thing. Silly me.

The problem with your idea of "truth" is that it is so preposterously unbelievable that a successful businessman with a background in intellectual property and corporate M&A and therefore lots of experience in the importance of due diligence, and who has been a member of the SCGB for many years and a director of it for some time now should inexplicably fail to do any due diligence and then file a trademark application for a name that the SCGB does not own, does not use, and which the SCGB (and SCGB alone) sees as a threat to their continued existence. We're struggling to believe it, and the only evidence you can provide is to ask us to believe you. That would involve a degree of trust in you as a person, and unfortunately your time on this forum has made that impossible because you've consistently come across as a nasty, offensive and aggressive person which has destroyed any shred of credibility that you might otherwise have had.

I really fail to see what the SCGB voters saw in you. I can only hope that you come across better in real life, but I hope to never have an opportunity to find out.

And anyway, I thought you were now so busy with your business that you couldn't dedicate the time required to be a director of your club? Stop slacking and get back to work.
Superb post.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BobinCH, nice tiling in your apartment - maybe Gerry is jealous of both the owner and the craftsman?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ousekjarr, And maybe the 'Buildign' itself wink
latest report

Maybe you should stick to strapping burnt porridge out of pots in your shitty chalets because this seems a bit too complicated for you?

49 5* ratings…

And “fresh tracks” you can only dream about sweet cheeks x
latest report
Be kind to Gerry, everyone. He's going through an identity crisis.
snow report
ousekjarr wrote:
And the idea that Trademark Tony has never even heard of Snowheads is utterly ridiculous - have you not even briefed him on how wet the beds are over here, and how much damage would be done to the SCGB reputation if you weren't constantly patrolling the forum to make sure that any criticism of SCGB is instantaneously met with a response which immediately clears the whole thing up and results in an immediate surge in membership enquiries? Is there not an induction process for new directors that ensures they are aware of the potential issues around how the SCGB is perceived and the ongoing challenge presented by Snowheads in supporting an open forum where criticism is not rigorously shut down?

Has he heard of the Facebook group that you also tried to take over, or does his ignorance really know no bounds? Has he been involved in any of the legal action that has either been suggested or initiated over the last year? Surely a director has to be aware of that?

You should call the BBC and ask them if Jackanory is coming back and if you can provide them with some material for it. Lots of people have simply never heard of you, whether you want to believe that or not, it's a fact.

Your arrogance in believing you are central to all people from the UK who board and ski is hilarious. 1 million skiers and boarders in the UK and a mere 61,000 of them have ever bothered to register in all of 18 years. Surely even you can accept that huge numbers of the remaining 1 million have never heard of you?

And of the 61,000 registered snowHeads, hardly any of them actually post anything at all. Something like 90% all all posts were made by at best a couple of hundred people.

Tony had never head of you and I certainly didn't bother to bore him with tales of your existence.

Also, the Facebook group we simply wanted back because was ours to begin with, created as it was after a decision to do so was made by us.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 14-01-22 17:41; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
I'm a bit confused by the latest flurry of activity in this thread.
Can someone confirm that @Hamilton Academical is AKA @Gerry or does the SCGB have lots of similarly unpleasant members ?
The weird references to nappies and "butt hurt" seem strangely familiar Puzzled
ski holidays
On the other hand...

1 million skiers and boarders in the UK and a mere 61,000 of them have ever bothered to register in all of 18 years. Surely even you can accept that huge numbers of the remaining 1.2 million have never heard of you?

As a retired Maths teacher, can I point out a slight flaw in this argument.
latest report
Perhaps 'He', is actually Diane Abbott? Thus the need for the quotations marks, as requested by the poster previously known as Gerry...
snow conditions
And of the 61,000 registered snowHeads, hardly any of them actually post anything at all. Something like 90% all all posts were made by at best a couple of hundred people.

I read this, and just out of curiosity, checked how many were online at the present moment.

Of the 226 online at this moment in time, 139 are guests, rather than actually registered.
Can't comment if this is a usual statistic, but could easily make such an assumption.
When I finished typing this comment, the respective figures were 210/133.

60% of users happy to read the forum, without feeling the need to become a member, or post anything.
People who are welcome to register completely free, just to ask a specific question on any topic if they wish to, with no obligation to ever post another comment.

Can you do that on the SCGB website? Puzzled Thought not rolling eyes

Can you log into the SCGB website and get (reliable and up to date) information on the travel situation in many different Countries?
Information freely shared by well meaning people sharing their experiences in order to help complete strangers enjoy their holiday hassle free? Puzzled

Thought not rolling eyes

Just shows how many other Snow lovers (all over the world) appreciate the usefulness of this forum and the information shared here.
ski holidays
@Red Leon, Yes, name changed at 'He','s request Cool
ski holidays
brianatab wrote:

Can you do that on the SCGB website? Puzzled Thought not rolling eyes

Snowheads success is largely due to the 'rolleyes' smiley which is without doubt the best one on the whole of the world wide internet
snow conditions
Be fair 61,000 is a pathetically low number when compared to the vast SCGB membership of what is it now? 12,000 and falling? And all of them were so so active on their own forum and in no way included many who had forgotten to cancel the DD or were kids to boost stats or whatever. Oh forums are dead meat , surely everyone is now using the SCGB app for peer to peer networking (checks google play store) - a colossal 500+ downloads, let us sob in humility at the foot of this behemoth.
snow report
The SCGB may want to sort out their link to Google maps from their website so they display properly....
snow conditions
MorningGory wrote:
@Red Leon, Yes, name changed at 'He','s request Cool

And if you scroll back you will see He’s name has changed on all his old posts. Good, eh. But Gerry is saved for posterity (or is that posterior ) when we have quoted him.
latest report
@ster, I thinks its fair that anyone has the right to be forgotten, that's kind of what this whole thread boils down to after all isn't it?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

or is that posterior

Careful, his Parisian lover will be after you!
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
Superb post.

And the most critical element of mass snowHead bullshite operations has begun, the mutual backslapping ceremony.
snow conditions
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Be fair 61,000 is a pathetically low number when compared to the vast SCGB membership of what is it now? 12,000 and falling? ...
I guess the importance of this place to SCGB Ltd is indicated by their sending one director here to abuse people,
whilst a second director appears to have been tasked with attempting to pass their company off as this one.

Both actions seem to have achieved nothing other than repel customers.
snow conditions
195062 wrote:
On the other hand...

1 million skiers and boarders in the UK and a mere 61,000 of them have ever bothered to register in all of 18 years. Surely even you can accept that huge numbers of the remaining 1.2 million have never heard of you?

As a retired Maths teacher, can I point out a slight flaw in this argument.

He’s using the same algorithm that calculates SCGB members.
snow conditions
I realise this may have been lost in the flurry of chat, but I feel compelled to note that 'You can't handle the truth!' is from 'A Few Good Men' and not 'GlenGerry Glen Ross' wink
latest report
I hope the guy had a mattress protector on last night……..there are toys leaving the pram at a rapid rate on the Facebook thread Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

Facebook thread

??
ski holidays
https://m.facebook.com/groups/2822713711112979/permalink/5002746049776390
ski holidays
Please don't feed the troll. rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
Timberwolf wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/2822713711112979/permalink/5002746049776390

Ugly. I'm reminded of that rec.skiing.alpine thing:
https://www.wired.com/1999/11/usenet-ban-a-slippery-slope/
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg16422141-700-slippery-slope/
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Gerry, when I update directors on Companies House, which I do regularly, it updates in about 20 minutes. I've never known a delay in 5 years. If you believe you are not a director and that Companies house has been informed you would be well advised to ask your company secretary to look into it.

It appears that although Gerry has resigned as a SCGB council member, the update to Companies House has been delayed by the SCGB waiting to make several updates in one go.
latest report
@sugarmoma666, They're probably stuck trying to work out how to do it online Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy