Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain Chief Exec resigns

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Gerry wrote:
hence all the 'we won't join if HE'S a member' comments.


I think your dwindling membership speaks for itself.

I've never been a member, and aside from the fact that you are a member, don't think I'm ever likely to based on what I've heard about them over the past few years.
- And that was before they tried to steal the Trade mark!!.

I like to get value for my money, hence being a member here, as opposed to paying a ridiculous membership fee and overpriced holidays, just so that the likes of Parasites like yourself can enjoy lavish meals and subsidised trips.

I'm pretty sure, that if we took a vote of Snowheads (increasing) membership, the vast majority would agree with me. (and they are exactly the sort of people you should be trying to attract).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Pruman wrote:
I think the below vid of the Ski Club Zoom meeting in May, let's call it A Quantum of Boorish, is a fascinating insight, if you happen to have a spare 2 hours that is. If you do suffer the full duration you'll understand why this dinosaur is plummeting down the abyss. Gerry even speaks but keeps camera off and spares us a view into his lair.



Just had a random lucky dip and had to chuckle at them discussing diversity with a screen full of exclusively white faces in their 50s and 60s Laughing


I hear snowHeads is mostly white, middle class and affluent.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brianatab wrote:


I'm pretty sure, that if we took a vote of Snowheads (increasing) membership, the vast majority would agree with me. (and they are exactly the sort of people you should be trying to attract).


Do you have figures on the membership, it seems to be about 50-100 active posters and a similar number on bashes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
brianatab wrote:
Gerry wrote:
hence all the 'we won't join if HE'S a member' comments.


I think your dwindling membership speaks for itself.

I've never been a member, and aside from the fact that you are a member, don't think I'm ever likely to based on what I've heard about them over the past few years.
- And that was before they tried to steal the Trade mark!!.

I like to get value for my money, hence being a member here, as opposed to paying a ridiculous membership fee and overpriced holidays, just so that the likes of Parasites like yourself can enjoy lavish meals and subsidised trips.

I'm pretty sure, that if we took a vote of Snowheads (increasing) membership, the vast majority would agree with me. (and they are exactly the sort of people you should be trying to attract).


I pay to go on holiday and I also rep on some. I never like getting free lunches and just pay or leave a large tip if they insist. It's important to be a paying customer if there are problems with quality of food/service. The holidays are always described a being excellent value for money. Don't like the travel and /or the accommodation included in the package? Then sort your own out and pay just for the mountain guides or instructors. I've done that in the past, cost me £450 for 6 days with a guide.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof wrote:
brianatab wrote:


I'm pretty sure, that if we took a vote of Snowheads (increasing) membership, the vast majority would agree with me. (and they are exactly the sort of people you should be trying to attract).


Do you have figures on the membership, it seems to be about 50-100 active posters and a similar number on bashes.


I did some data gathering on the snowheads membership list and 10 people account for the bulk of the posts. Someone who joined in march 2004 is still counted as a member despite passing away in 2009 after never having made a single post.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gerry, who cares about SH membership. You should be more concerned about the SCGB membership.

You may say that the reps can work in the EU but I certainly would not trust your views if it came to an accident.

Insurance company says were you off piste with a guide?
Me, yes.

ins, does the guide have a work permit

Me: No but Gerry said it was okay.

Ins: sorry, guide not working legally, therefore not a real guide, therefore you are not off piste with a guide, therefore you are not insured.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gerry, Well, if you quit it would shift the balance in the other direction. rolling eyes

Have you ever been to a snowHead event? how would you know? I suspect the only ones you have actually met are those who could afford to be SCGB (former) members.

I have met snowHead from various backgrounds and cultures, and it reflects very well with the demographics of the winter sports community, probably more diverse than most other groups.

I also suspect that we have members from many more Countries than you do. (Do you actually allow Foreign Members -Apart from Irish?)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brianatab wrote:
@Gerry, Well, if you quit it would shift the balance in the other direction. rolling eyes

Have you ever been to a snowHead event? how would you know? I suspect the only ones you have actually met are those who could afford to be SCGB (former) members.

I have met snowHead from various backgrounds and cultures, and it reflects very well with the demographics of the winter sports community, probably more diverse than most other groups.

I also suspect that we have members from many more Countries than you do. (Do you actually allow Foreign Members -Apart from Irish?)


Everything you say there is equally true of ski club members. Have you been on a ski club holiday? Yes of course people from other counties can join.


Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 6-11-21 10:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Gerry, who cares about SH membership. You should be more concerned about the SCGB membership.

You may say that the reps can work in the EU but I certainly would not trust your views if it came to an accident.

I


Not my view. Clarification has been given to the Ski Club by the relevant authorities in the counties we are going to, no work visas required. .
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gerry, That is different then. No different from me working for a week in the EU. However, make sure they are not double tax liable. Especially careful in Germany.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Gerry,

Insurance company says were you off piste with a guide?
Me, yes.

ins, does the guide have a work permit

Me: No but Gerry said it was okay.

Ins: sorry, guide not working legally, therefore not a real guide, therefore you are not off piste with a guide, therefore you are not insured.


I don't know what you're going on about there. If I go out as the rep on a holiday with mountain guides or instructors then they are all qualified and working legally.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Gerry, That is different then. No different from me working for a week in the EU. However, make sure they are not double tax liable. Especially careful in Germany.


We don't go to Germany and we are all just volunteers, unlike admin who will be working and running his commercial business.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@davidof, No I don't have figures on membership, only what I see here and on bashes.

It is worth noting however, that of the 3 bashes I have signed up to this season, there are a large % who have signed up for their first bash, and many are new members, which speaks for itself.

The number of regular posters is not really an issue. There are a large number of members who don't attend bashes, but use the Forum as an invaluable source of information, on a variety of subjects, not limited to winter sports.

Information on changing rules/requirements for International travel throughout the year, from people who have experienced it has helped many times more, regardless of whether or not they post, navigate their way through. Your own contributions included.

My comment was in comparison to the SCGB membership, which has more than halved in the last couple of years. There are some snowHead who have been members of SCGB for many years, and will continue to be. How many have become new members in the last few years? I suspect it is very few, whereas new members (who post) are regularly being welcomed here.

As regards the number of people on bashes, these are obviously restricted to the accommodation available (although
@Admin, regularly manages to increase this somehow Puzzled ). As a comparison, when was the last time SCGB had 100+ on one of their excursions? (or, as in the case of the EOSB, nearer 300)?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gerry wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Gerry, That is different then. No different from me working for a week in the EU. However, make sure they are not double tax liable. Especially careful in Germany.


We don't go to Germany and we are all just volunteers, unlike admin who will be working and running his commercial business.


I assume he's sorted his work permit for the coming season.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Gerry, rules for business owners traveling for business temporarily are different to employees based in a country.. Surely the SCGB management know this.

This lack of knowledge does not convey confidence in your earlier "facts".

Anyway, that is admins problem, nothing to do with me, skiing with an Italian instructor.
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
brianatab wrote:
@davidof,

My comment was in comparison to the SCGB membership, which has more than halved in the last couple of years. There are some snowHead who have been members of SCGB for many years, and will continue to be. How many have become new members in the last few years? I suspect it is very few, whereas new members (who post) are regularly being welcomed here.

As regards the number of people on bashes, these are obviously restricted to the accommodation available (although
@Admin, regularly manages to increase this somehow Puzzled ). As a comparison, when was the last time SCGB had 100+ on one of their excursions? (or, as in the case of the EOSB, nearer 300)?


During normal times the first holiday of the season out to Val d'Isere would have about 100 people and over the season there'd be 2500 -3000 members going out on the many holidays on offer.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Gerry, rules for business owners traveling for business temporarily are different to employees based in a country.. Surely the SCGB management know this.

This lack of knowledge does not convey confidence in your earlier "facts".

Anyway, that is admins problem, nothing to do with me, skiing with an Italian instructor.


I always thought admin was out there all season running bashes.

My facts have come to me in the form of emails signed by people with the relevant authority within the countries we go to. Your desperate need to discredit the information I've given you is noted though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Just had a random lucky dip and had to chuckle at them discussing diversity with a screen full of exclusively white faces in their 50s and 60s

Yes, I attended that briefing, and although expecting it, was shocked at how sadly true that image is. Another interesting point is the faces are largely the same as you would have seen 15 years ago, only 15 years older.
The faces you don't see now are those that are uncomfortable (or simply think they no longer fit/ get value) about where the Club has got to, and have simply moved on. So the debate becomes overly self protecting and increasingly stale. (hence the silliness with snowheads and myself). You end up with a group that argues the most compelling reason to be part of the club is loyalty - by definition a dying club. It becomes incapable of looking outside itself. I do think there are some on Council that recognise this and want to address, but they seem to be in the minority.
So, yes this is a core issue for SCGB - are they just serving their existing base, or looking to refresh it also? Any member of Council that reads this thread - and all should - and doesn't come away with a recognition that the Facebook PPF group and Snowheads aren't representative of exactly the type of keen skiers who the Club should be appealing to is missing the point. I will believe the Club is turning a corner when they stop treating this group (and the Facebook PPF group) as its enemy, and openly engages with voices that have something different to say.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="Gerry"]
brianatab wrote:
@davidof,
During normal times the first holiday of the season out to Val d'Isere would have about 100 people and over the season there'd be 2500 -3000 members going out on the many holidays on offer.

Freshtracks do run great holidays. This year will be my first sampling of a bash (or more) - but I have heard great things about them too. As a keen skier can I say how fantastic it is to have both options - long may that continue.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
a big thumbs up from me to @Gerry for engaging here (despite the heckling, which perhaps goes too far?) - he is on SCGB Council and is engaging with Snowheads - that's a good thing isn't it? The clarity on the visa situation is excellent news and will be a relief both to reps and to those planning to go on holidays.
Skiers should feel welcome in both groups (clubs?), and hope both thrive and grow. Strangely despite my long term support and much time, SCGB looks the less welcoming to me right now, perhaps that will change.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brianatab wrote:
@Gerry, Well, if you quit it would shift the balance in the other direction. rolling eyes

Have you ever been to a snowHead event? how would you know? I suspect the only ones you have actually met are those who could afford to be SCGB (former) members.

I have met snowHead from various backgrounds and cultures, and it reflects very well with the demographics of the winter sports community, probably more diverse than most other groups.

I also suspect that we have members from many more Countries than you do. (Do you actually allow Foreign Members -Apart from Irish?)


You admitted at the top of this page you have never been a ski club member but then comment on the make up of the Ski Club.

I have been a member of both for many years and really can't understand the need for division that some folks like to engender. I have never been on a bash (for one very good reason - I have my own bolt hole). But I have drunk in the bar with the PSBers and skied or drunk with a number of snowHeads all arranged by PM. The demographic of both organisations is that of snowsporters, mostly white, mostly beyond 35, a significant proportion being male, better than your average one week punter at their chosen sport. As part of ski club groups I have skied with a wide range of diverse backgrounds whether you choose financial status, ethnic background, gender, sexuality, nationality, class (if that's still a thing) and just like snowHeads they all just want to enjoy snow covered mountains and yes, even Lancastrians wink .
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why engage with him on his whataboutery? It seems a bit tragic that he's so obsessed with sH membership numbers. The actual number is entirely irrelevant and while a bigger community offers more opportunity for fun it's not as though bashes want for attendees and in fact some fill up probably too quickly unlike as Mr Leprachaun's bargainacious exclusive VDI kick off fiesta apparently.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Why engage with him on his whataboutery? It seems a bit tragic that he's so obsessed with sH membership numbers. The actual number is entirely irrelevant and while a bigger community offers more opportunity for fun it's not as though bashes want for attendees and in fact some fill up probably too quickly unlike as Mr Leprachaun's bargainacious exclusive VDI kick off fiesta apparently.


I'm interested in snowHeads membership numbers but that's a very long way from me being obsessed with them. I have a mate who has a snowHeads account but he gave up skiing for good years ago and has never posted, yet he's counted as a number. Maybe you should concern yourself more with the zombie nature of a huge swath of accounts on here before devoting a lot of your time having ago at the Ski Club, anonymously.

You snivel about whataboutery but it's really, in reality, you being found guilty of hypocrisy.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chocksaway wrote:


they all just want to enjoy snow covered mountains and yes, even Lancastrians wink .


Hold on a moment

What’s wrong with Lancastrians?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gerry, good presumably you can say with utter confidence that SCGB has no zombie members who have forgotten to cancel their DD or not engaged with the SCGB for say 4 years?

I mean cos if you did have zombie members and after stripping out kids and students your 16k might actually be substantially lower. #facereality.

I suspect admin is not in the slightest bit concerned about zombie members here. It's a busy forum where people can get real time answers without paying a penny. Sure people join just to ask a question and once resolved toddle off. Happens with every free forum I've ever seen. The important thing is that some of them stick around, chat more and eventually become valued community members. But then the strategic geniuses that enacted Members Only day and thus killed their own forum will never understand that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, we know and publish the number of membership units are. Why should we not count family members?

The published number of snowHeads is obviously wildly inaccurate. And why do you care if other people forget to cancel DDs?

You seem a bit obsessed with the Ski Club, to say the least.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As I've said before it's just light relief - watching a slow motion car crash of people too arrogant and impotent to face up to future. As I think someone else said previously might be interesting when it gets the ironic hipster revival.

And after Trademark Tony and his obvious BS ( be honest did you put him up to it?) I don't think I feel that bad about it. Sad for the members but I expect a form of the TO will survive or be largely replicable.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DCG wrote:
chocksaway wrote:


they all just want to enjoy snow covered mountains and yes, even Lancastrians wink .


Hold on a moment

What’s wrong with Lancastrians?


Still able to hold Test Matches?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dave of the Marmottes, you’re so arrogant yourself though. You seem to think you represent some kind of ‘Everyman’ skier who absolutely has to be right about everything and that no ski club can possibly thrive without you and your many clones as members.

Anyway, you are continuing to make things up about me which is a clear sign that you have developed an obsession. What next, a bit of stalking?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dave of the Marmottes, no, I had nothing to do with trademarking snowHeads.
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@pisteoff, Yes I agree, it is a big thumbs up to Gerry for coming back on here to gather peoples views (past, existing, and potential future members). I was actually thinking of joining the SCGB for the annual insurance (after MPI changed) because you get off piste without a guide. I was put off by the SnowHeads(TM) issue (now resolved).

Gerry comes on this thread and, quite rightly, says club reps can travel from the UK to help a tour operation, but he then immediately says Admin will need a visa for bashes (my understanding is different). Now if you come on with this type of post you can surely expect a "bit of banter", within reason and also people to not believe every word you say.

I believe Gerry that the reps can work in resort. But then when I suggested they be careful in Germany (where I have experience of the DE+UK potential tax issues) he could have just said.... no GC, all covered because we don't go to DE and we are volunteers. Fine, but he couldn't resist saying that "unlike admin who is running a commercial business". If you are going to have a wee dig then expect one back.

Also, I've noted he is noting things (whatever that means). Happy

Anyway, I'm off to check Castle Cyclops's drawbridge.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gerry wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, you’re so arrogant yourself though. You seem to think you represent some kind of ‘Everyman’ skier who absolutely has to be right about everything and that no ski club can possibly thrive without you and your many clones as members.

Anyway, you are continuing to make things up about me which is a clear sign that you have developed an obsession. What next, a bit of stalking?


Ah what's the word? Zincy? Steely? Coppery?.......


I don't have to be right in everything at all, in fact when predicting or forecasting the future one can only deal in probabilities so of course they will be wrong many times over a lifetime. Or sometimes the world isn't binary and multiple opposing views or predictions can turn out to be largely correct e.g. it's not either/or, both sHs and SCGB could survive and thrive given the right circumstances. And actually I hope they do because the very worst thing for sHs would be a sudden influx of SCGB members wanting high maintenance holidays and committees and the like.

I don't claim to speak for anyone but myself. When I say I suspect what @ admin cares about its just my guess based on knowing him as a friend. He'll obviously switch from benign dictator to evil tyrant as soon as his nefarious plan for destruction of the SCGB is complete wink and that's another time I'll be wrong.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Didn’t someone do a comparison between a SH bash and equivalent SC holiday illustrating it was extremely expensive in comparison?

Assume it’s because they’ve got to subsidize all the UK staff, rent etc and the other revenue streams (insurance / subs?) are reducing?

And with a poor website and forum doesn’t sound like there’s much of a digital strategy.

Let’s not even start on PR with @Gerry as it’s mouthpiece Skullie

@admin on the other hand seems to run a pretty tight ship and an increasing number of good value holidays, on top of a useful forum. It seems every bash he puts on sells out pretty quickly. And the forum supports all manner of information exchange going well beyond skiing. Never been on a bash but I’ve met all manner of « imaginary friends » (as my wife calls them) from it and learnt tons of stuff.

@Gerry trying to diminish SH with his « stats », and his vindictive little barbs @admin just show what a bitter, small minded little man he is. Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This isn't about SCGB v Snowheads - it just so happens that this is the best forum to debate the SCGB without censorship or waking up to the proverbial horse's head in the bed. It's refreshingly open, civil and investigative. SCGB are thin skinned, always have been, hence why they drummed DG out of the door. On the subject of DG, he has just posted this on Facebook:
Quote:
YET MORE MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS FOR THE SCGBAdding to the absurd mix of conflicting figures currently published ... a current job offer for 'Head of Holidays' states the membership as "c.20,000". (1)
But I've been sent recent (July 2021) minutes of SCGB Council which state: "... the team believe that there will be a recovery in numbers, currently aiming for 11,118." (2)
It is not clear why the Club would 'aim for' a strangely exact figure that is half the number quoted in the 2020 annual report and accounts: "22,146". (3)
In addition we already have "about 16,000" (SCGB annual accounts 2021) (4) ... or "over 22,000" ... or "17,000+" (5)

-----------------------------------------
Sources:
(1) https://www.skiclub.co.uk/.../jobs/ski-club-head-of-holidays
(2) SCGB Council minutes 22.7.2021
(3) https://www.skiclub.co.uk/about-the-ski-club/annual-reports
(4) SCGB annual accounts 2020-21
(5) https://www.skiclub.co.uk/about-the-ski-club/affiliation

Personally I don't care what the number is. If there are indeed 1m skiers in the UK then, after 118 years of existence, any of those numbers is pathetic. 


Gerry wrote:
@pisteoff, we don’t need working visas and that’s been confirmed by all but the Italians.


Ok but, in the Council minutes from September it states:

Quote:
Reps visas: JG confirmed the requirement for Reps to have working visas. OB is investigating ways to apply for them in bulk with a report at the next Council meeting.
Presumably you were in that same Council meeting right?
 
Gerry wrote:
Not my view. Clarification has been given to the Ski Club by the relevant authorities in the counties we are going to, no work visas required.


Which, again, is at odds with:

Quote:
Reps visas: JG confirmed the requirement for Reps to have working visas. OB is investigating ways to apply for them in bulk with a report at the next Council meeting.
My understanding is that you might be OK if escorting a group to/from UK - like a Shearings coach tour. But, if you travel out independently, park yourself in Reps' accommodation in resort and are there to welcome all comers over a longer period, then you need a working visa. This is why the likes of Crystal and Inghams have had such an issue employing Reps. Remember, in France, it has been deemed by a court that you are remunerated by virtue of getting certain things provided free - effectively you are employees. I guess it all depends what the Club has told 'the relevant authorities' and the devil will be in the detail when someone inevitably gets their ski jacket collar felt. If I were a Rep (God forbid) I would be taking independent advice and seeking written assurances from the Club.
So my suspicion is that someone has decided it's better to describe Reps' activities as escorted tours and hope for the best? But don't listen to some old bloke on the Internet, proper legal advice required I would say.

 
before he quickly deleted it from his post earlier today, Gerry wrote:
I'm an EU citizen, so these rules are of little concern to me.
A French court decided you are not a volunteer, you are remunerated, therefore where do you pay tax (benefit in kind) on that remuneration? Are you registered for tax in the EU country you will be working in? The rules are a concern to you. Do you or any Reps declare freebies as a benefit in kind on tax returns? No, didn't think so.  A passport is just one part of the equation. 


pisteoff wrote:
The clarity on the visa situation is excellent news and will be a relief both to reps and to those planning to go on holidays.
This almost doesn't require a comment. OED would be a good starting point to look up 'clarity'.



chocksaway wrote:
The demographic of both organisations is that of snowsporters, mostly white, mostly beyond 35, a significant proportion being male, better than your average one week punter at their chosen sport.
I agree with that but, having seen both sides at play, would say that your average SCGBer is 10-15 years older. Therefore, snowHeads is exactly the market the Ski Club should be trying to attract.


BobinCH wrote:
Didn’t someone do a comparison between a SH bash and equivalent SC holiday illustrating it was extremely expensive in comparison?
Yes, roughly speaking, SH bash to Tignes (inc lift pass but not flight) £550. SCGB same week in Tignes (inc flight, ILG, but not lift pass) approaching £1800 ish. Similar standard of accommodation. I would think Reps and head office overheads are the main difference.

How about a week of social skiing in Solden mid Jan for £2199. Low season Solden - price in the real world sub £1k.
 

BobinCH wrote:
And with a poor website and forum doesn’t sound like there’s much of a digital strategy.
Don't get me started, such a wasted opportunity - no events, no real news, no buzz yet how many staff?!? On the other hand I'm told Admin has as few as zero staff yet manages to deliver VFM bashes and herd hundreds of cats. Deeply impressive by comparison. 
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To be fair @dadmin's main skill is empowering most of the cats to be self-herding and if not playing liver-wobbling bass till they disperse.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Pruman, it’s been confirmed by the relevant authorities that we don’t need visas.

That’s the position.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Gerry wrote:
@Pruman, it’s been confirmed by the relevant authorities that we don’t need visas.

That’s the position.


I think the suggestion is that ‘the authorities’ may not have been given a full picture of the reps’ intended duties. Not that it matters; time will tell.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Red Leon wrote:
Gerry wrote:
@Pruman, it’s been confirmed by the relevant authorities that we don’t need visas.

That’s the position.


I think the suggestion is that ‘the authorities’ may not have been given a full picture of the reps’ intended duties. Not that it matters; time will tell.


That suggtion is wrong.

Pruman, what’s your understanding of admin’s legal position?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dave of the Marmottes, you've never been bus monitor, have you?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gerry wrote:
Red Leon wrote:
Gerry wrote:
@Pruman, it’s been confirmed by the relevant authorities that we don’t need visas.

That’s the position.


I think the suggestion is that ‘the authorities’ may not have been given a full picture of the reps’ intended duties. Not that it matters; time will tell.


That suggtion is wrong.


Glad to hear it.
latest report



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy