Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain Chief Exec resigns

Poster: A snowHead
ansta1 wrote:
mgrolf wrote:
Am I the only one intrigued by the possibility of a polo bash? I mean, I have no interest in polo and no desire to ever play it, but since SKGB seem to think it could be associated with their organisation, it's only a matter of time before @Admin spots the opportunity and puts together a suitable trip, surely? Puzzled Laughing Laughing

There is an annual 'snow polo' event In courch don't you know dear boy, only for the invited of course. Very Happy

Suffice to say, I've never been invited (and never will). Laughing Laughing Laughing

Next you'll be telling me that there's an archery competition at the same time, but only for archers dressed in diving gear.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Should one see if one can get you on the list?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.poloplus10.com/bmw-polo-masters-courchevel-bmw-polo-masters-tour-2013-2-20297/amp/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Unfortunately from google it appears the UK is primarily first to file for trademarks, so while it seems unfair for @admin to have to go to this effort/cost, I suspect the only way to ensure it is safe long term is to both object and file for the trademark

This was an appalling 'error' by the Ski Club, done by a Director in their name.

On Trademarks (happy to share my semi-experienced understanding and process)... You can have registered and unregistered trademarks, and it is not the case the first to register gets it as their own.
So a cheap (free) way to get some coverage is to simply include the term (TM) after the use of a trademark, allerting people to the fact that you regard it as your trademark. Not sure I would bother with the expense of registering ... and always difficult to register 'words' in common useage in the undustry. So for example SCGB could never register the trade mark "Ski Club"
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
re attempt to steal snowheads name. This was an appalling 'error' by the Ski Club, done by a Director in their name. However good to see they have backed off - perhaps some bridge building now?
Quote:

Unfortunately from google it appears the UK is primarily first to file for trademarks, so while it seems unfair for @admin to have to go to this effort/cost, I suspect the only way to ensure it is safe long term is to both object and file for the trademark

On Trademarks (happy to share my semi-experienced understanding and process)... You can have registered and unregistered trademarks, and it is not the case the first to attempt to formally register gets trademark as their own. Snowheads has enough history that it has rights to the name.
A cheap (free) way to get some coverage is to simply include the term (TM) after the use of a trademark, alerting people to the fact that you regard it as your trademark. (similar to (R) which shows the mark is registered. Not sure I would bother with the expense of registering ... and always difficult to register 'words' in common usage in the industry. So for example SCGB could never register the trade mark "Ski Club"

Quote:

Note that the SCGB have failed to register the URLs 'skiclubofgreatbritain.co.uk' or 'skiclubofgreatbritain.com' or 'skiclubofgreatbritain.org' or 'SCGB.co.uk' or 'SCGB.club' or 'SCGB.world' etc., so you could always take a punt, register every variant, and then offer to sell them the bundle for £150K.

Not a chance on above, or redirecting etc. All of those practices are passing off / otherwise outlawed, sorry. SCGB can force you to sell at cost. Their name "Ski Club of Great Britain" is their brand.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pisteoff wrote:
Quote:

This was an appalling 'error' by the Ski Club, done by a Director in their name.

On Trademarks (happy to share my semi-experienced understanding and process)... You can have registered and unregistered trademarks, and it is not the case the first to register gets it as their own.
So a cheap (free) way to get some coverage is to simply include the term (TM) after the use of a trademark, allerting people to the fact that you regard it as your trademark. Not sure I would bother with the expense of registering ... and always difficult to register 'words' in common useage in the undustry. So for example SCGB could never register the trade mark "Ski Club"

Quote:

Note that the SCGB have failed to register the URLs 'skiclubofgreatbritain.co.uk' or 'skiclubofgreatbritain.com' or 'skiclubofgreatbritain.org' or 'SCGB.co.uk' or 'SCGB.club' or 'SCGB.world' etc., so you could always take a punt, register every variant, and then offer to sell them the bundle for £150K.

Not a chance on above, or redirecting etc. All of those practices are passing off / otherwise outlawed, sorry. SCGB can force you to sell at cost.

Your last point is absolutely true, domain squatting no longer really an option in most cases, but it does beg the question as to why they haven't taken those domains given the pretty small cost of securing them? Perhaps they are more focussed on getting an add in the local rag or they have no real clue what the internet is outside of ordering their laithwaites wine selection on their computer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking at the details the registration includes various different forms of SnowHeads including all lower case, all upper case and as 2 words. Such a petty action from scgb worthy of the Colin the caterpillar cake debacle. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ansta1 wrote:
mgrolf wrote:
Am I the only one intrigued by the possibility of a polo bash? I mean, I have no interest in polo and no desire to ever play it, but since SKGB seem to think it could be associated with their organisation, it's only a matter of time before @Admin spots the opportunity and puts together a suitable trip, surely? Puzzled Laughing Laughing

There is an annual 'snow polo' event In courch don't you know dear boy, only for the invited of course. Very Happy

I saw a few chukkers in Livigno. It was brilliant.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just wanted to add my voice to those disgusted by the dissembling of the SCGB.

I've never previously felt exercised one way or the other about their antics (or lack thereof), their spaffing, the reps farrago. I joined Snowheads before even knowing that the club's chat pages had been put behind a paywall.
But if this is indicative of a new generation's way of conducting business, then I'm certainly going to take sides.

They really are hitting new lows (and given previous reports here and elsewhere, we do already seem to be talking about starting out from a pretty low place): when "Oops sorry, didn't know what I was
thinking. Tell you what: pay us and we won't take it any further" are the actions of a Director.
A Director FFS: talk about bringing them into disrepute.

OTOH, @Admin you should be proud that they feel it necessary to do this - clearly you are seen as the major competitor and threat, despite your soft shoe approach and attempts at rapprochement.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

Quote:

Yep. My error I am afraid. I'm a new non-exec at the Ski Club and I have been doing a lot of work tidying up the Ski Club trademarks and trademark registrations. You use 'Ski Club' a lot on your forum so I had assumed it was a Ski Club thing and applied for the registration. However, our chairman subsequently put me straight so I have not progressed it. You will note that it says 'examination' but not granted. It times out in 28 days if I don't progress (which I do not intend to). However, happy to progress on your behalf and complete and transfer if it is of interest. It would cost you £350 to complete and £50 for the transfer if granted. To be clear there are the UK IPO fees. I wouldn't charge you for my time. However, just a point that if you don't decide to do this, because you have not trademarked it to-date, the name is currently 'open season' for anybody to apply for. By the way, it is very unlikely that you would get a registration in the USA because 'SnowHeads' is a common euphemism for a skier and is common parlance. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

They always have some vaguely plausible excuse when they get caught out. Like when SCGB director James Cove copied the Corsica skiing stuff from my website and presented it as the road trip he never really made. "Oh the Tourist Board gave me the information to use".

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 24-09-21 8:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is not such a mistake as TW suggests of he is incompetent.

I am looking.into trademarking our companies product names and also a couple of features where we use a "buzz-word".

On every occasion I simply used the word in Google to see if it was used by other people or if the name was used.in another domain. There is no point in having a name and using it if you push it to another company.

So if I was.TMing Snowheads I would Google Snowheads to see if it is prominent then Snowheads com or .Uk etc etc.

I think they have been rumbled.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tony Harris, Head of Unbelievable Excuses at SCGB wrote:
Yep. My error I am afraid.
Quite a difficult error to make though hey? Like some of you I've been involved in some trademarking and there is A LOT to consider BEFORE putting in the application, things like which classes, which territories - UK only or Madrid Protocol for example. And, this will shock you, do you own the f**king mark in the first place? Trademark lawyers are vital in the process in my experience - firstly they do deep searches (yes, including a simple GOOGLE check or two using VPNs) , they set up alerts, they advise on which classes and even the parts of each class to exclude from the application, they advise on trademarking of the word and/or the emblem. This guy only went for one class and it looks to me like a bit of an odd choice of class. That is either incompetence or deliberate in order to stay away from Snowheads main area of business, and make the application go through more easily. I do not buy the 'my error' excuse, it would have to be deliberate and you would have to point the finger at the entire SCGB Council for that because it must surely have been discussed.

Tony Harris, Head of Unbelievable Excuses at SCGB wrote:
I'm a new non-exec at the Ski Club and I have been doing a lot of work tidying up the Ski Club trademarks and trademark registrations. 
So he knows very well which trademarks the club owns. 

Tony Harris, Head of Unbelievable Excuses at SCGB wrote:
You use 'Ski Club' a lot on your forum so I had assumed it was a Ski Club thing and applied for the registration.
 When you assume you make an ass of u and me. Sorry but that story is absolute hogwash. There would surely have been a Council meeting, this would surely have been discussed, the action was given to him to carry out. Please do not get suckered into believing this BS.

However, our chairman subsequently put me straight so I have not progressed it. You will note that it says 'examination' but not granted. It times out in 28 days if I don't progress (which I do not intend to).
 I have never heard of the timing out thing. He made an application, paid the fee, it was under examination and after 2 months passes it would quite likely have gone through. I wouldn't believe a single word this person says about this episode.

However, happy to progress on your behalf and complete and transfer if it is of interest. 
He's got some front! Jesus.

It would cost you £350 to complete and £50 for the transfer if granted. To be clear there are the UK IPO fees. I wouldn't charge you for my time.
"£50 for the transfer IF GRANTED" - If not granted he has succeeded. He's got even more front than I thought above! I think this will require a good few hours of a trademark lawyer's time to sort out properly, plus more fees, and I think the club therefore need to spaff a bit more on putting things right. I applaud @Admin for showing such restraint and good humour (I wouldn't be) but he stands a good chance of being out of pocket resolving this and the club need to make good IMO.

However, just a point that if you don't decide to do this, because you have not trademarked it to-date, the name is currently 'open season' for anybody to apply for. 
Snowheads has an earlier right to the trademark going back to 2004 whether registered or not. However it isn't a bad idea to go through the motions and secure it properly. That's the ONLY thing he has said that's remotely true although 'open season' is a bit melodramatic - nobody goes spaffing money on frivolous applications, especially if they have done some searches and prepared properly. Resubmitting applications and resolving disputes is just too costly.

By the way, it is very unlikely that you would get a registration in the USA because 'SnowHeads' is a common euphemism for a skier and is common parlance.
 That is actually utter utter utter nonsense but in any case not sure why trademarking there would be important.

Apologies for the misunderstanding.
This would not fit my definition of a 'misunderstanding'. Attempted robbery more like.

How embarrassing for them all. Just when you think they can't stuff things up more than we have already discussed and they go and outdo themselves. What next?

I really hope someone raises a question about this at the AGM. The Council have far more important issues to take care of and this kind of subterfuge is not a good look.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Pruman, great analysis - this stinks
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Attempted robbery more like

Thats a bit disingenuous - its more like inadvertently picking up someone elses skis after a good lunch at a mountain lodge perhaps, only to be confronted by someone pointing out that they are not your skis, but theirs - you apologise - saying they looked an awful lot like your skis, but then realising that you don't actually have any skis, and in fact you've not skied for nearly 20 years, and everyone you just had lunch with knew this.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I really hope someone raises a question about this at the AGM. The Council have far more important issues to take care of and this kind of subterfuge is not a good look.

Perfect analysis @pruman apart from the final bit, the way the club is going the only people at the AGM will be the council. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

Thats a bit disingenuous - its more like inadvertently picking up someone elses skis after a good lunch at a mountain lodge perhaps, only to be confronted by someone pointing out that they are not your skis, but theirs - you apologise - saying they looked an awful lot like your skis, but then realising that you don't actually have any skis, and in fact you've not skied for nearly 20 years, and everyone you just had lunch with knew this.

And then asking for a fee to facilitate you swiftly handing over said skis to the owner. Very Happy
snow report
ster wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

And then asking for a fee to facilitate you swiftly handing over said skis to the owner. Very Happy

Well, good lunches don't buy themselves y'know... unless they're bought for you by dashed nice chaps in the ski industry.
ski holidays
Anyway the legend that is 30 year IT veteran who can't find out who owns a website and an angel investor who knows nothing of corporate skullduggery, seems to have stopped digging his own grave on @pisteoff's faceache group.

Really now I hope the Chairman on SCGB is inviting @admin for a nice lunch and readying paperwork that acknowledges their culpability and an agreement to never try to interfere in snowheads "business" again. But due to the staggering arrogance of most of these people I suspect such self awareness is beyond them.
snow report
SCGB Ltd clearly knew it was attempting to take someone else's brand:
  • Many SCGB Ltd directors have regularly posted here: they know snowheads exists and what it is.
  • SCGB Ltd's lawyers have threatened the actual brand owner in the past.
The company's social media explanations don't fit the facts, and they have
made no attempt to address the damage they caused.

It looks a lot like an attempt to use the copyright system to disrupt a smaller competitor's business.
I'd be surprised if that's legal.
snow conditions
Many years ago I was involved in a car club that had a very similar issue with the 'official' club. From memory it was a pain, but ultimately they couldn't do anything to disrupt the established business.
To my mind it is as @philwig says and attempt to disrupt a smaller competitors business, which is why I would refuse free lessons from Chemmy...
latest report
@philwig, One would think the SCGB's position on this with Tony Harris needs to be back him or sack him. Either he is a total bumbling idiot "innocently" trying to TM names associated with businesses that tangentially mention "Ski Club" or he has done this rogue with malign intent or with their explicit consent.

In the former competence must really be questioned, in the middle surely sack him, in the latter well, obfuscation and all in the past is the SCGB way isn't it?
snow conditions
@Pruman,
Quote:

However, happy to progress on your behalf and complete and transfer if it is of interest.
He's got some front!

I'm a negotiator not a litigator by nature, but I must confess that bit really made me see red. Patronizing git.
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
@Pruman,
Quote:

He's got some front!

I'm a negotiator not a litigator by nature, but I must confess that bit really made me see red. Patronizing git.

More importantly what's to stop him/them saying "it's completed now but had a change of mind, you can have it transferred but it'll cost you a gazillion quid now"
ski holidays
Aye, but the history of hostility from SCGB Ltd's directors to this site makes it probable this
was part of that campaign. We know now that at least two of their directors are involved.

No doubt they're all avid readers of this site. It's not my scrap, but my counter to Tony's
opening would be something like:
  1. Sign over the trademark to the site owner, and pay for it in full.
  2. Pay reasonable legal costs and day-rates for costs taken by Admin in dealing with your actions.
  3. Sign a legal document in which SCGB Ltd formally agrees to cease all hostile activities against snowheads.
ski holidays
philwig wrote:
Sign over the trademark to the site owner, and pay for it in full.

That seems wrong to me, the currently active TM application shouldn't succeed, SCGB Ltd should withdraw it.
snow report
@rjs agree that's the best course of action then @admin isn't dependent on the competence or integrity of Tony Harris in any way. Would be nice for the SCGB to however offer the costs for admin to register it himself as a goodwill gesture for the nuisance they/their director has caused.
ski holidays
Has anyone tested his assertion that he can't withdraw it? (Sorry, cba.)
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, what's the point of registering a TM if you have no particular desire to trade on it? It comes with a filing cost, and a renewal cost 10 years later, and potentially also ongoing costs to defend challenges to it should someone want to take a pop in the hope of exhausting your funds or just wasting your time.

Looking back at the SCGB application, the £350 cost is interesting, as the IPO state the application fee as being £170 - see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/trade-mark-forms-and-fees/trade-mark-forms-and-fees - so it seems that Tony Harris has also employed an agent to do this, or is artificially escalating the cost. In terms of why he's reviewing the SCGB trademarks, I have no idea but it does seem to have been handled somewhat haphazardly in the past:

Apart from managing to have three separate organisation records at the IPO, they've also failed to notify the IPO of their change of address from several years ago. The oldest client record is for the SCGB logo only from 1998, now recorded as dead. The middle one is the main one, covering the current logos including Ski+Board, Freshtracks and Mountaintracks, plus the words "Ski Club Great Britain" ( all of course ® wink )

The latest is presumably all the work of Tony Harris, which adds the words "Ski Club of Great Britain" (January) to correct the earlier bungled registration, "SCGB" (September) presumably so the Schnauser Club of Great Britain can't trade as a ski holiday company, and "SnowHeads" (August). This is therefore not a mass filing of everything at once - someone specifically took the decision to add SnowHeads to the list, separate from the other discussions.
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Has anyone tested his assertion that he can't withdraw it? (Sorry, cba.)

I assume admin has with the IPO. Seems a rum set of affairs designed to result in unnecessary legal bills if so. Apply for any trademark either with malice or sheer stupidity, common user with prior art spots it and asks you to withdraw, applicant instead asks owner to take it on trust that they won't pay the extra to progress it despite aforementioned malice or stupidity....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was concerned that allowing the application to succeed might let SCGB say they had a valid claim to it at some point in the future, but IANAL.
latest report
Also interestingly, while the Freshtracks and Mountaintracks registrations cover classes 39 (travel services), 41 (sporting activities including coaching and instructor led guiding services), 42 (weather information including snow reports) and 43 (travel accommodation), the registrations of the words cover only class 41.

Notably, none of them except the main logo are registered for advertising (class 35) or for insurance sales or acting as an agent (class 36).

However, the logo is registered for class 38 (Internet chat rooms and forums) rolling eyes
snow report
@ousekjarr, yeah IANAL but his facebook fairytale as to why he was doing it doesn't add up, nor if he we take him at his word that he is just an honest dabbler does he look particularly competent. The question of WHY he (and by extension SCGB) thought they needed to TM snowheads remains unanswered - some innocent "tidying up" seems a stretch, given that he hasn't gone after more obvious Ski Clubs who trade on a name actively including Ski Club or ski related terms. I'd be truly surprised if the word snowhead(s) is used anywhere on the SCGB website.
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, apart from the obvious comments regarding our beloved leader and the forum which are undoubtedly there somewhere.

Strange Gerry not responding on this thread I think, defending the untouchables within the upper echelons of the organisation.

But then again I'm not sure even he could find grounds for defence in this particular case.
ski holidays
I like to imagine Tony Harris getting the "stupid boy Pike" treatment at the next Council parade.

Either that in a Will Arnett voice saying "I've made a terrible mistake"
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
I like to imagine Tony Harris getting the "stupid boy Pike" treatment at the next Council parade.

Either that in a Will Arnett voice saying "I've made a terrible mistake"

More likely getting a pat on the back with everyone saying, 'nice attempt to out flank them by God, shame those pesky spies got wind of our plan and put the muckers on it, Never mind Tom being found out we've still got dick and harry'

What's next tea club ddos on snowheads? I'd guess the nearest they could get would be offering every one of us a free drink in a place with not Wi-Fi or phone signal as that's probably the best they could do to stop anyone using an internet site/forum.
latest report
Having been close to trial in a commercial matter facing an A-list multibillion company myself once, I cannot take any of this as a joke.
I simply do not believe the innocent act.
In the case I nearly went to, the opposition had gone as far as fabricating substantial evidence to get an expert opinion to back the other lies they were depending on to deny responsibility, blame us, and avoid taking a loss.
My colleagues looked at me with disbelief after I told them, even after I'd reminded them that a seven figure sum hinged on which way things swung.
Fortunately the fabrication was exposed by chance just before the case was due to come to court and a reasonable settlement ensued.
But it could have gone the other way and we could have lost massively despite not deserving that.

If in my experience a household name business would do that, I think it is not impossible that some other party with a well-known name, who would also stand to lose a lot, would behave similarly and it would be a good idea to treat it seriously.
I guess one ought to imagine how a court and a judge would read the words, and interpret the law, and then view the snowheads website and its activities, if this application was granted, and not how some bloke in a bar might have an opinion and laugh about it.

Just for those who did not click on the 'trademarkelite' link, and then further click on their 'Read more' link, to see the 'trademark details', here below is a bit of the gist, somewhat excerpted, so you don't have to make the effort of looking at the original too hard.
Yes, it is a lot of verbiage.

SnowHeads United Kingdom Trademark Information
By Ski Club of Great Britain Limited

The SnowHeads trademark was assigned an Application Number #UK00003677442 by the UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO).
Trademark Application Number is a Unique ID to identify the SnowHeads mark in UKIPO.

The SnowHeads mark is filed in the category of Class 041 Education; providing of
training;
entertainment;
sporting and cultural activities. .

The legal correspondent for SnowHeads trademark is
Anthony Harris ,
NEWBURY,
Berkshire RG14 3BB,
UNITED KINGDOM .
The current status of the SnowHeads filing is
Examination.

Based on Ski Club of Great Britain Limited, the SnowHeads trademark is used in the following business:
Arrangement of sports competitions;
Arranging and conducting of ... sports competitions; .. sports events; ...sports events for charitable purposes;
Arranging of sports competitions;
Booking of seats for shows and sports events; ... sports facilities; ...sports personalities for events (services of a promoter);
Coaching in the field of sports;
Competitions ...(Organising of sports -); ...(Organization of sports -);... live sports events;.. sports competitions;
Conducting of sports events;
Education ... services relating to sports; ... entertainment and sports;
Educational services relating to sports;
Entertainment services provided during intervals at sports events;
Hire of ... equipment for sports; ...sports facilities;
Hosting of fantasy sports leagues;
Information relating to sports education;
Instruction ... in sports; ... services relating to sports;
Online sports betting services;
Operation of ... sports camps; ... sports facilities;
Organisation of ... sporting competitions and sports events; ... sports activities for summer camps; ... sports competitions;... sports events in the field of football; ... sports installations for figure and speed skating championships; ... sports tournaments; . . . sports tuition; . . . sports and sports events; . . sports competitions; ... sports competitions and events; ... sports competitions and sports events;
Organising of ... sports events; ... sports events and of sports competitions;
Organization of sports competitions;
Organization, arranging and conducting of sports competitions;
Providing facilities for ... sporting events, sports and athletic competitions and awards programmes; ... sports events; ... sports recreation; ... sports tournaments;
Providing information relating to sports;
Providing online ... entertainment in the nature of fantasy sports leagues; ... newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment;
Providing sports entertainment via a website;
Providing sports facilities;
Providing sports information;
Providing sports news;
Providing sports training facilities;
Provision of facilities for sports;
Provision of facilities for winter sports;
Provision of information relating to sports;
Provision of information relating to sports persons;
Provision of sports facilities;
Rental of sports equipment; ... and facilities; . . except vehicles;
Rental of ... sports grounds; ... sports or exercise equipment;
Rental services relating to equipment and facilities for education, entertainment, sports and culture;
Services for the organisation of sports events;
Ticket reservation and booking services for education, entertainment and sports activities and events;
Timing of sports events;
Tournaments (Staging of sports -);
Training in sports;
Training of ... sports players; ... sports teachers;
Tuition in sports;
Winter sports instruction. .

Whilst others may laugh at some of the more ridiculous possibilities here and enjoy posting about it, I would treat this as if it were deliberately aimed to cover snowheads' activities pretty comprehensively with a serious threat of curtailment, unless and until there is good evidence to the contrary.
snow report
@Fat George, yep. Accidental, maybe but extremely unlikely and also possibly a paper trail 'in house' which is probably being shredded/deleted as we speak to support a collective decision.

Is it worth Admin going through the pain and expense to litigate, probably not even with the general (non legal) view that they don't have a leg to stand on.

Would I risk it. Hell yeah with the evidence available.

Downside is it would certainly break the club financially I'd guess, but maybe that's what is needed to get them back to the basics of what they should be.
ski holidays
ansta1 wrote:
...What's next tea club ddos on snowheads? ...
That one's criminal, so that would be an end to this nonsense.
ski holidays
philwig wrote:
ansta1 wrote:
...What's next tea club ddos on snowheads? ...
That one's criminal, so that would be an end to this nonsense.

If they did via the internet, which I suspect they couldn't then yes, if they invited all snowheads to a free drinks party with no access to the internet, it achieves a similar goal.
latest report
Anyone else think it is more than a remarkable coincidence that this appalling 'innocent error' of registering attempting to nick Snowheads brand for themselves, occurred on the same day SCGB sent me a letter giving me 7 days to hand them the keys to the Facebook group?
snow report
Anyone else think it is more than a remarkable coincidence that this appalling 'innocent error' of registering attempting to nick Snowheads brand for themselves, occurred on the same day SCGB sent me a letter giving me 7 days to hand them the keys to the Facebook group?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy