Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain Chief Exec resigns

Poster: A snowHead
“ However, our chairman subsequently put me straight”

Oh to have been a fly on the wall
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sometimes you miss Dave WTFH and chocolate buttons - this is one of those times Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Richard_Sideways,
Quote:

I hope @admin will consider taking the advice actually, and get the 'SnowHeads' brand registered before someone with more nefarious intent appears... plus our logo is nicer than the one Harris registered.
+1
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Looks like it can be resolved TH on facebook

Tony Harris
Quote:

Yep. My error I am afraid. I'm a new non-exec at the Ski Club and I have been doing a lot of work tidying up the Ski Club trademarks and trademark registrations. You use 'Ski Club' a lot on your forum so I had assumed it was a Ski Club thing and applied for the registration. However, our chairman subsequently put me straight so I have not progressed it. You will note that it says 'examination' but not granted. It times out in 28 days if I don't progress (which I do not intend to). However, happy to progress on your behalf and complete and transfer if it is of interest. It would cost you £350 to complete and £50 for the transfer if granted. To be clear there are the UK IPO fees. I wouldn't charge you for my time. However, just a point that if you don't decide to do this, because you have not trademarked it to-date, the name is currently 'open season' for anybody to apply for. By the way, it is very unlikely that you would get a registration in the USA because 'SnowHeads' is a common euphemism for a skier and is common parlance. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

So not a joke just Occam's Razor (apparently) Would have been courteous to promptly drop admin a note though no immediately?

And an SCGB director who isn't even aware of sHs - clearly @gerry has been slacking

Sounds like a vailed threat to me.
Next installment... "Oh, I changed my mind. I did warn you what might happen"
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rob@rar, more likely that a SH wasn't aware of the Ski club I'd guess.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd happily chip into a pot to help admin register the name and avoid this situation arising again in the future. But only if he promised to put some decent music on at the BB evening meal, and at a level so people can actually talk. Toofy Grin Laughing wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

free lessons with Chemmy Alcott,

Steady now.
Let’s not overreact*

(*every man has his price, not that I’d ever get such an offer I wouldn’t be able to refuse Razz )

Very Happy it shows how strongly I feel about this.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
<laughs> SCGB Ltd is pretending that they were making legal claims to own something which they clearly did not own by mistake?

"Sorry, I thought the wallet I just took out of your pocket was mine.
I was going to put it back just before you pointed out I'd nicked it, honest.
Perhaps you should pay me some money to make sure no one else steals from you: it's clearly a risk."

---
I've had the heavy sales pitch on "trademarks" now and then in years gone by. I'm not legally qualified, but in my view
even if SCGB Ltd had successfully copyrighted a brand it clearly did not have any rights to, that would
not allow them to pass themselves off as that brand.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Looks like it can be resolved TH on facebook

Tony Harris
Quote:

Yep. My error I am afraid. I'm a new non-exec at the Ski Club and I have been doing a lot of work tidying up the Ski Club trademarks and trademark registrations. You use 'Ski Club' a lot on your forum so I had assumed it was a Ski Club thing and applied for the registration. However, our chairman subsequently put me straight so I have not progressed it. You will note that it says 'examination' but not granted. It times out in 28 days if I don't progress (which I do not intend to). However, happy to progress on your behalf and complete and transfer if it is of interest. It would cost you £350 to complete and £50 for the transfer if granted. To be clear there are the UK IPO fees. I wouldn't charge you for my time. However, just a point that if you don't decide to do this, because you have not trademarked it to-date, the name is currently 'open season' for anybody to apply for. By the way, it is very unlikely that you would get a registration in the USA because 'SnowHeads' is a common euphemism for a skier and is common parlance. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

So not a joke just Occam's Razor (apparently) Would have been courteous to promptly drop admin a note though no immediately?

And an SCGB director who isn't even aware of sHs - clearly @gerry has been slacking

BS. Simples. And the subsequent offers of 'help' are just ridiculous. What a total weapon.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
philwig wrote:
<laughs> SCGB Ltd is pretending that they were making legal claims to own something which they clearly did not own by mistake?

"Sorry, I thought the wallet I just took out of your pocket was mine.
Perhaps you should pay me some money to make sure no one else steals from you: it's clearly a risk."

---
I've had the heavy sales pitch on "trademarks" now and then in years gone by. I'm not legally qualified, but in my view
even if SCGB Ltd had successfully copyrighted a brand it clearly did not have any rights to, that would
not allow them to pass themselves off as that brand.

"I saw the wallet had a lot of credit cards in it. As I also have a lot of credit cards I assumed it was mine to take M'lud. Anyway I wasn't intend to spend on any of them after my friend told me it wasn't mine I'll even offer it back for a £350 finders fee etc"

No disagreement on his weaponhood but it's even worse evidence that SCGB is populated by dabblers who cock things up. But legal threats to the "owner" of a facebook group are more than just errors surely?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 23-09-21 14:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So it costs£170 to file and another £350 to complete? Over £500 each?

How many TMs is this SCGB chap trying to register? Must be quite a few randoms/spurious ones on his list to have got down to SH. Thats quite a bit in fees. Lucky its not his own money.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awdbugga wrote:
I'd happily chip into a pot to help admin register the name and avoid this situation arising again in the future. But only if he promised to put some decent music on at the BB evening meal, and at w level so people can actually talk. Toofy Grin Laughing wink
Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Awdbugga wrote:
I'd happily chip into a pot to help admin register the name and avoid this situation arising again in the future. But only if he promised to put some decent music on at the BB evening meal, and at a level so people can actually talk. Toofy Grin Laughing wink

sHs post of the day! Laughing (Sorry, @admin Toofy Grin )
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ster wrote:
... How many TMs is this SCGB chap trying to register? ... .

I found two, just his own Ltd company and "snowheads".

He should switch the registration he started there back to snowheads,
and donate the cost as a matter of goodwill, or this isn't going to go away.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Awdbugga wrote:

Everyone's leveraging something. What a digustingly cynical world it's become. You do know dadmin only plays that stuff for the literal hush money he can extract? wink
snow report
@philwig,
Quote:

Sorry, I thought the wallet I just took out of your pocket was mine.
Perhaps you should pay me some money to make sure no one else steals from you: it's clearly a risk.
love it, that's a perfect précis. Are you a member of pisteoff's Facebook club where the 'apology' appeared? If so, it would be wonderful if you were to post that as a reply.
snow conditions
Maybe he's gone around hoovering up spare SCGB-related account and name spaces on Grindr and OnlyFans too.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Maybe he's gone around hoovering up spare SCGB-related account and name spaces on Grindr and OnlyFans too.

Ohh mindbleach definitely needed for the prospect of a topless @gerry waggling his tits in front of a webcam while murmuring "betwetters! bedwetters!" seductively.
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, Oi!!!!

Stop implanting images in my head Happy
snow report
Well, you gotta get something special with your Platinum Membership I suppose...
ski holidays
ousekjarr wrote:
@AL9000, good for him, not for us.

Could be quite the opposite. He’d get bored in no time living the life of Riley, following the winter season around the world, then returning to his beach-side mansion in the Bahamas.

As for “us”, yes y’all would be deprived of the comedic genius of my best gags, but you’d be free from the shackles of the internet and free to wonder the streets searching for snow-based conversations with strangers.

ousekjarr wrote:
Do you believe SCGB would continue to operate an open forum with criticism of SCGB permitted?

They'd probably close it down within days... and report that to the members as a significant success

Well it would certainly help some of the staff and members sleep well at night snowHead
ski holidays
Note that the SCGB have failed to register the URLs 'skiclubofgreatbritain.co.uk' or 'skiclubofgreatbritain.com' or 'skiclubofgreatbritain.org' or 'SCGB.co.uk' or 'SCGB.club' or 'SCGB.world' etc., so you could always take a punt, register every variant, and then offer to sell them the bundle for £150K.

Or you could buy them all and then redirect to 'snowheads.com' ...

Or you could reply and say, fine, they can have the Snowheads trademark, and offer to sell them the snowheads URL for £250K.

Conversely, you should perhaps have snowheads.org (£7.49) and snowheads.uk (£0.01) and the obvious variants registered .....

And an afterthought: you can always take out an option on their URL, so that if someone forgets to renew it and doesn't notice, you would automatically purchase it. They'd then be faced with either stumping up, say £500K for it or you just putting up a blank page. And since you'd already bought all the main variants like ~.co.uk and ~.club it would leave then with little option but to pay up, or at least negotiate a compromise price.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 23-09-21 16:07; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Well, you gotta get something special with your Platinum Membership I suppose...

I'll look out for that offer at the Ski Show "No instead of a crappy rucksack this year we're offering a virtual titwank from someone on council"

Goldsmith would definitely be up for that.
latest report
LaForet wrote:
Note that the SCGB have failed to register the URLs 'skiclubofgreatbritain.co.uk' or 'skiclubofgreatbritain.com' or 'skiclubofgreatbritain.org' or 'SCGB.co.uk' or 'SCGB.club' or 'SCGB.world' etc., so you could always take a punt, register every variant, and then offer to sell them the bundle for £150K.

Or you could buy them all and then redirect to 'snowheads.com' ...

Get it done.
Then we can take over their forum and website and we’ll be gazillionaires, on the front cover of Forbes and offered a Chair at the Rodney Trotter School Of Business.
snow report
Timberwolf wrote:
BS. Simples. And the subsequent offers of 'help' are just ridiculous. What a total weapon.
+1
ski holidays
An objection to the application should be made anyway in order to cover all bases. I would have thought a link or reference to his admission that it was a "mistake" should be enough to prevent it being granted.

Assume @Admin is already on the case

Just out of curiosity, what criteria do you need to raise an objection?

Can all snowHead members make one? If it's online, and only takes a couple of minutes.......

Other than that, It would appear to be a case of straight forward blackmail. Pay me to transfer it or else?

Surely, it would be cheaper if he withdraws his application (or has it rejected) and then an application in it's own right by @Admin? Puzzled
snow conditions
On faecbook I wrote:
Tony Harris I've just got off the phone to the IPO and have a little clarification. Importantly, the 'examination' status is not something that happens after publication but is a state prior to 'Published' status. This distinction is not immediately clear on their website. The initial explanation I was given by IPO did not fit with your description of circumstances but upon describing the incongruity to them, they suggested that you may be using a 'Right Start Process', whatever that is - but it fits, fortunately. So yes, it seems we can await it turning to 'withdrawn' status although if you have a way of doing so sooner, I would appreciate that - just for peace of mind. If it goes 'published' we got problems! However, they were quite adamant that no application can reach this stage without payment - so somebody paid a fee at some point on your behalf. My apologies for coming in fairly strong on this - I really do prefer more chilled, amiable interaction - as I said, I'm in no way wishing to cast aspersions upon you personally but I'm afraid your club, or at least some of it's administration, does not have a great record of playing fair and I'm sure you can understand how loud the alarm bells were ringing upon discovery of this. Really, it would have been appropriate to mention it....
snow conditions
@brianatab, I think anybody can make a third party observation. Perhaps sHs should make 100s of observations given that they all go to the fool as well. Quite appropriate given the trouble he has caused. My observation might be the applicant appears to a colourblind fool without the cognitive ability to distinguish an active forum from a moribund website and an argumentative lady's front bottom and possibly a liar caught with his pants down.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Facebook stuff just gets better.
  • Instead of fixing the problem, the dude's giving out advice?
  • He denies this is SCGB Ltd, says it's all his own "mistake". That would be good as he's probably got more money, but the paperwork below says this is not true.
We don't know why they did this, but their explanations to date aren't accurate or credible.

snow conditions
I think this is how you register (for free) an "observation":
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-intervene-in-proceedings

With the document:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/944397/TM27-Dec20-EU.pdf
snow report
@philwig, Cancellation number?

For the ‘Explain the grounds for your intervention‘ bit, I need another word for ‘c*nts’, pls. Ta
snow report
I don't think that official 'interventions' by random snowHeads will be helpful in any way. There's no point in escalating the dispute.
snow report
So it’s cockup rather than conspiracy?
snow report
@Hurtle, They started it!

Little Angel
snow report
Awdbugga wrote:

Take great care next time you descend a mountain in the dark, followed by a Piste basher. With a word in the driver’s ear, a certain someone could arrange for a nasty ‘accident’ Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Am I the only one intrigued by the possibility of a polo bash? I mean, I have no interest in polo and no desire to ever play it, but since SKGB seem to think it could be associated with their organisation, it's only a matter of time before @Admin spots the opportunity and puts together a suitable trip, surely? Puzzled Laughing Laughing
latest report
Red Leon wrote:
Awdbugga wrote:

Take great care next time you descend a mountain in the dark, followed by a Piste basher. With a word in the driver’s ear, a certain someone could arrange for a nasty ‘accident’ Toofy Grin

Well I wouldn't hear the piste basher coming anyway, cos my ears would still be ringing and my tinnitus would drown out the sound of the engine. Very Happy
snow report
Awdbugga wrote:
Red Leon wrote:
Awdbugga wrote:

Well I wouldn't hear the piste basher coming anyway, cos my ears would still be ringing and my tinnitus would drown out the sound of the engine. Very Happy

Oi!!
You’ll have to join the queue of snowHead waiting to ski in front of the piste basher!
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
@Richard_Sideways,
Quote:

I hope @admin will consider taking the advice actually, and get the 'SnowHeads' brand registered before someone with more nefarious intent appears... plus our logo is nicer than the one Harris registered.
+1

+2

Unfortunately from google it appears the UK is primarily first to file for trademarks, so while it seems unfair for @admin to have to go to this effort/cost, I suspect the only way to ensure it is safe long term is to both object and file for the trademark

Also you probably need to object via https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notice-of-opposition-and-statement-of-grounds rather than @philwig's link, which unfortunately you pay for (n.b. https://www.gov.uk/notice-to-oppose-trademark does at least appear to be a way to extend the time you can object for to longer than 2 months (assuming it has actually reached the point of publication...))
snow report
mgrolf wrote:
Am I the only one intrigued by the possibility of a polo bash? I mean, I have no interest in polo and no desire to ever play it, but since SKGB seem to think it could be associated with their organisation, it's only a matter of time before @Admin spots the opportunity and puts together a suitable trip, surely? Puzzled Laughing Laughing

There is an annual 'snow polo' event In courch don't you know dear boy, only for the invited of course. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy