Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club of Great Britain Chief Exec resigns

Poster: A snowHead
@Alastair Pink, +1 Well said.

Not everyone in the management may have known, but the fact they have someone on board capable of such vindictive skullduggery speaks volumes.

I wonder who sanctioned (and/or gave the authority to individuals) for such an unethical act?

Any SCGB members care to comment and perhaps shed some light on this sordid affair?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From the 2020 Annual Report of SCGB:

Probably has the UK equivalent of Rudy Guiliani on speed dial, as he'll have dealt with a few corporate lawyers in his time as an "angel"
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/ycJ8JsNC9sGa42OLuFPhQ1nPR08/appointments

Seems to be pretty active in the Lib Dems, as a director of the limited company called "The Liberal Democrats Limted" (somewhat ironically listed as a dormant company), and of two micro companies apparently related to them. Gerry must hate him...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin wrote:
What the actual FUCK?!

https://www.trademarkelite.com/uk/trademark/correspondent/Anthony%20Harris/264554

Why? Why do this, other than to be petty and utterly vindictive. Very sad to see any so called respectable organisation stoop so low. Hell will have to freeze over and be covered in two metres of pow, before I would ever consider joining the SKGB or going on one of their holidays. They shoot, they score. An own goal of mega proportions. Confused rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quite possibly Mr Harris, besides not updating his CV since 2011 for the 2020 annual report, is just beingba dick to prove a point that if something is untrademarked someone else can have a crack at it. But plenty of prior art here.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Awdbugga, well said.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If Mr Harris has acted on his own initiative here, the only real course of action open to SCGB is to terminate his membership for bringing the SCGB into disrepute. If the Council approved of this action, all of them should go.

This really is an organisation in the final circuits of a death spiral, and there is no way out because they are all keen to keep going in the same direction.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ousekjarr wrote:
If Mr Harris has acted on his own initiative here, the only real course of action open to SCGB is to terminate his membership for bringing the SCGB into disrepute. If the Council approved of this action, all of them should go.

I think that is a very fair comment.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Interestingly anyone can apparently file 3rd party observations with the IPO and those are shared with the applicant.

So perhaps those observations might include that Tony Harris appears to be a cockwomble and that SCGB is engaged in shithousery of the highest order. Plus any other choice insults one might imagine.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/objecting-to-other-peoples-trade-marks-and-the-legal-costs
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good grief! An act of malice from an individual or does this reflect a paranoid organisation prepared to take the most underhand of actions?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
!! even if they have the cheapest insurance I can get and free lessons with Chemmy Alcott, i will never join the Ski Club of GB again.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As I say, I'd rather not fight about something if we can have a laugh about it instead.
My official position at this point
Obviously (well hopefully it's obvious) I'm not a complete idiot and realise that other possible scenarios exist and this position may need to be updated.

Enquiries are ongoing...
is that this is so silly, it has to be a joke Laughing

Awww... dem lads at the SKGB, they like a larf don't they!! What a giggle for only £170 of members' subs Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

free lessons with Chemmy Alcott,

Steady now.
Let’s not overreact*

(*every man has his price, not that I’d ever get such an offer I wouldn’t be able to refuse Razz )
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shame if Sunweb were to be made aware of the kind of shady, shabby practice being appropriated by its partners.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

this is so silly, it has to be a joke..

Dadmin, maybe.
But think about the repercussions if their application was successful - what could they do? I’m sure some well-experienced SHs on here could hazard a fairly good guess.

Also, what does it reveal about the mindset of those who made the application and what they might be trying to achieve, if it was not a joke?
snow conditions
Anyone can make an 'observation' to the IPO about a trademark application, which may be considered in support of any formal objection:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/objecting-to-other-peoples-trade-marks-and-the-legal-costs.

Would it be helpful if some SCGB members submitted some observations on their (organisation's) application for "SnowHeads"? (Not sure if it can be done anonymously though. So since observations are disclosed to the applicant, if it is really an SCGB, as opposed to rogue, initiative that might mean jeopardising their membership).

Is there a potted Snowheads history somewhere, that might help in making such observations?
snow report
@ecureuil, yes but I'm buggered if i can find it
snow report
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

this is so silly, it has to be a joke..

Dadmin, maybe.
But think about the repercussions if their application was successful - what could they do? I’m sure some well-experienced SHs on here could hazard a fairly good guess.

Also, what does it reveal about the mindset of those who made the application and what they might be trying to achieve, if it was not a joke?

If it is a joke perhaps it would have been good to let @admin in on it before there are real legal costs heading his way. If it isn't a joke what are the possibilities:

- Deranged SCGB rogue director
- Deranged SCGB Council
- Considered SCGB plot to try to grab back social media
- Plot to put @admin to some expense because they don't like what some of his members say about the SCGB (I prefer speaking truth to power on that)
- Plot to buy out @admin - will his conversations end in a big kerching for him as they spunk the rest of their members' money and he then reboots as Ski Club 3.0 - SkiHeads perhaps (with an inclusivity banner for the darksliders)

With the exception of the latter none are in members' interests and if the latter rather a shady way of doing business - shame we've got your name now fancy signing over the forum?
ski holidays
Trademark holders are able to strongarm Internet registries to hand over ownership of domain names. Having gone after the Facebook group which they don't like because it features criticism of them, it seems entirely logical that they're trying to do the same thing to Snowheads. Now, it's just a name and a logo and the whole site could be changed to skiforum.com within about 15 minutes, but that's not the point...

# whois snowheads.com
Domain Name: SNOWHEADS.COM
Registry Domain ID: 111358209_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.joker.com
Registrar URL: http://www.joker.com
Updated Date: 2018-07-06T02:35:53Z
Creation Date: 2004-02-06T19:14:53Z
ski holidays
Quote:

shame we've got your name now fancy signing over the forum?

Soooo that’s how ‘Angel’ investing works.

But if they make dadmin an offer he can’t refuse (a 1 followed by lots of 0’s or else hefty legal bills), then good for him. I’d be happy with a purple sH snood.
latest report
@AL9000, good for him, not for us.

Do you believe SCGB would continue to operate an open forum with criticism of SCGB permitted? They'd probably close it down within days... and report that to the members as a significant success
snow report
The Digital rebrand rarely works - SH would stand to lose a substantial portion of its established profile - let alone the issues which could come from the legacy references to SnowHeads throughout the forum.
snow conditions
Quote:

Having gone after the Facebook group which they don't like

I was wondering how they did that - what steps they took - as it seems a stretch to take on FB.

Gerry & DG both seemed quiet - have they teamed up for a pincer movement on their bête noir?
ski holidays
Dupe

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 23-09-21 13:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Looks like it can be resolved TH on facebook

Tony Harris
Quote:

Yep. My error I am afraid. I'm a new non-exec at the Ski Club and I have been doing a lot of work tidying up the Ski Club trademarks and trademark registrations. You use 'Ski Club' a lot on your forum so I had assumed it was a Ski Club thing and applied for the registration. However, our chairman subsequently put me straight so I have not progressed it. You will note that it says 'examination' but not granted. It times out in 28 days if I don't progress (which I do not intend to). However, happy to progress on your behalf and complete and transfer if it is of interest. It would cost you £350 to complete and £50 for the transfer if granted. To be clear there are the UK IPO fees. I wouldn't charge you for my time. However, just a point that if you don't decide to do this, because you have not trademarked it to-date, the name is currently 'open season' for anybody to apply for. By the way, it is very unlikely that you would get a registration in the USA because 'SnowHeads' is a common euphemism for a skier and is common parlance. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

So not a joke just Occam's Razor (apparently) Would have been courteous to promptly drop admin a note though no immediately?

And an SCGB director who isn't even aware of sHs - clearly @gerry has been slacking

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 23-09-21 13:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Tony Harris has just posted on the SCGB members past present and future FB group appologising for the error. Presumably he’s not a SnowHead.
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, while it looks like to be a non-issue to resolve, I find the explanation bizarre.
Has he also put in trademark applications for the Manchester Ski Club, the Eagle Ski Club and many others which also have the words “ski club” in their name?

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 23-09-21 13:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Wow, a guy who claims 30 years experience in the IT industry and who is a director of SCGB has no idea that Snowheads is nothing to do with SCGB?!? Or was he misinformed maybe by one of the other directors?

If the chairman was aware of this some time ago, I would have thought that a quick call to @admin at that time to flag it up, apologise for the hamfisted and ignorant actions of his minion, and followed up with a letter stating they had no intention of following through with this application would have been a good approach, rather than just clamming up and hoping no-one noticed...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So.

"poo-poo they spotted it, damn were screwed let's pretend it was a mistake and never really happened and see if we claw back some of the members money we've pished down the toilet"

"I wouldn't charge you for my time" really no poo-poo Sherlock.

Couldn't make this up.
snow conditions
Quote:

You use 'Ski Club' a lot on your forum so I had assumed it was a Ski Club thing and applied for the registration

Not sure if I’m being dim today but the only place I can find it is in the tab label of the home page (as ski club 2.0). It’s not exactly plastered all over the site.
ski holidays
This whole "Ski Club" = SCGB thing is silly, there are lots of ski clubs with websites that will use those words.

From a Google search, the main legacy of Harris' former company seems to be in case law from losing an employment tribunal. Maybe he should have learned a bit about how the internet can generate bad publicity by now.
latest report
Gämsbock wrote:
Quote:

You use 'Ski Club' a lot on your forum so I had assumed it was a Ski Club thing and applied for the registration

Not sure if I’m being dim today but the only place I can find it is in the tab label of the home page (as ski club 2.0).

It is also in the title of this thread.
latest report
Yeh not that credible. Did he just do some sort of trawl and find SCGB mentioned more here than their own sites? Even so would you not just check who owns? Not sure he can be trusted to not pursue it given he didn't have the courtesy to let admin know their cock-up. Though now he has committed to it in writing publicly one would hope it would make for a swift legal reversal if he/they are that duplicitous.
snow report
@rjs, true! Laughing
snow report
Weird, weird, weird... and just doesn't ring true! Sounds more like a hastily-concocted excuse, having been rumbled...
snow report
Probably couldn’t believe that SCGB didnt have a forum and thought this must be it.

If it was a mistake he doesn’t seem to be very industry aware to be positioned as a SCGB Director.
snow conditions
Quote:

Did he just do some sort of trawl and find SCGB mentioned more here than their own sites?

I know not everyone gets the same results from search engines but putting both “SCGB” and “ski club great Britain” into Google I don’t get any references to snowheads on the first 4 pages (did not check beyond that).

Quote:

Or was he misinformed maybe by one of the other directors?

Some kind of initiation joke maybe? Like sending the apprentice to get a glass hammer?
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, Occam applies, but reckon Hanlon's razor shaves closer to the mark... The Schnauzer Club of Great Britain might want to go check too.

I hope @admin will consider taking the advice actually, and get the 'SnowHeads' brand registered before someone with more nefarious intent appears... plus our logo is nicer than the one Harris registered.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 23-09-21 13:26; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Yeh not that credible. Did he just do some sort of trawl and find SCGB mentioned more here than their own sites? Even so would you not just check who owns? Not sure he can be trusted to not pursue it given he didn't have the courtesy to let admin know their cock-up. Though now he has committed to it in writing publicly one would hope it would make for a swift legal reversal if he/they are that duplicitous.

This, very much so. "Nasty SH dadmin won't pay us to transfer, so let's see where it goes if we just let it go through the process"

I'd be asking for it to be formally retracted or an official letter confirming that it was an error and we are not going to progress it any further.
latest report
A director of the Ski Club of Great Britain who is unaware of the snowHeads forum and its status? An example of how out of touch the SCGB is?

I've talk to a number of people in the ski industry and when it comes up in conversation I've not met any who are unaware of snowHeads, even if they have not engaged with it in any way. How can a director of the SCGB, with had had its own interest from time to time in an online forum, be unaware of snowHeads, even in a most rudimentary manner? Bizarre.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 23-09-21 13:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy