Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Basin opening this weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Hearing that spring skiing hot spot Arapaho’s Badin in Colorado will open this weekend (May 30). That is encouraging
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been open since Wednesday - shitshow of a lottery for the 600 daily places given approx 100k skiers and passholders in the Front Range and I70 corridor. Depressing ratehr than encouraging if you see it as a preceednt for how skiing will operate next winter.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Friend scored two of those 600 slots. Report was "fantastic spring skiing"!

Very uncrowded slopes. What's not to like?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
abc wrote:
Friend scored two of those 600 slots. Report was "fantastic spring skiing"!

Very uncrowded slopes. What's not to like?

Useless as a system for anyone who doesn't live in daily drive up distance of skiing. Many thousands disappointed vs the few lottery winners. Like I said depressing if its the future of resort skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Many thousands disappointed vs the few lottery winners

There's no getting around the requirement of social distancing!

The days of long lift queues, or worse pushing and shoving as typical in Europe, can not be allowed in the days of pandemic that infects any crowded space.

So for a change, instead of waiting for 30 minutes in the crowd for a few minutes of skiing, people were bluntly told not to go at all.

The silver lining is the uncrowded slope.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
abc wrote:

A payoff that is only achievable for the lucky local lottery winners = pretty soon a dead industry
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
abc wrote:

A payoff that is only achievable for the lucky local lottery winners = pretty soon a dead industry

There's no getting around social distancing.

Pick your poison, a dead industry or a lot of dead skiers?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

There's no getting around the requirement of social distancing!

I suspect that next season will look a lot more like normal.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Aren't a few of the European resorts are open? How do they look? Anybody skiing?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
abc wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
abc wrote:

There's no getting around social distancing.

Pick your poison, a dead industry or a lot of dead skiers?

How many people died from skiing in Italy? Hardly any I suspect.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I don't think it's the future, just the present. I skied Timberline two days ago (see post "Skiing in the Pandemic"). Less fun but still fun enough, and we're all still in the early part of the curve figuring it out. Like everything else, this will moderate and we'll all have to, and will, adjust to the distancing stuff....and the fact that costs will go up and services will go down.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A dead industry or a lot of dead skiers. May be a lot of resultant dead people, from skiers passing it along, but I doubt a lot of dead skiers as skier profile is usually younger and thinner to name just two massively reduced risk factors. However, when they pass it on to their parents, grandparents, elderly people with morbidities that is the danger.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@countryman, um. Some of us skiers are grandparents.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Many skiers are grandparents.

Many have morbidity to, albeit well controlled thanks to modern day medical intervention.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
countryman wrote:
However, when they pass it on to their parents, grandparents, elderly people with morbidities that is the danger.

Apologies - but I'm struggling to understand your point. Puzzled

From Dictionary.com:-
Morbidity is a noun that’s defined as a “morbid state or quality.” Something morbid has an “unhealthy mental state or attitude” or is “unwholesomely gloomy, sensitive, extreme.”
latest report
Morbidities in this context means people with underlying chronic health conditions that make them likely to develop a severe form of the disease if infected. Given that younger people are less likely to develop serious disease and require ICU/die than those who are older and/or have co-morbidities (often both but not always), one of the main strategies in most countries' response has been to "shield" these people. Social distancing obviously reduces transmission, but even the most strict social distancing policies don't reduce transmission to zero, and so if you isolate the elderly/co-morbid from the rest of society as much as is practically possible, you at least provide them with a greater degree of protection. Obviously there are many other factors to consider, but that's the jist of his meaning.
snow conditions
Thank you karansaraf.A much better explanation of the word than I could offer but I know what it means!!! Probably a word that has been hijacked by medical academics to mean something that has moved beyond the dictionary. What we used to call an underlying health condition and co-morbities are more than one underlying health condition.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy