Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Merino base layers -Finisterre sale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
New gear might not be the top of everyone's agenda, however though some might be interested to know that Finisterre are having a 25% of their Merino base layers and if you buy two you get a further ten pounds off, I have had a few of these a couple of which are years old, they are great quality, from a sustainable company https://finisterre.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So they are a proper outdoor gear company then . I had the impression they were one of those lifestyle brands when I would walk past their Covent Garden store.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ster, oh no, proper surfing gear, high quality
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do surfers wear merino boxers???
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They are very nice, had mine years Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ster wrote:
So they are a proper outdoor gear company then . .

Ahhh..no. Local to us. I know a founding director 'smoke, mirrors and BS' is how he described the brand. There's always a sale. Make of that what you will.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mollerski, Really, have been buying the brand for around a decade, we are talking about Finisterre in Devon, can you substantiate the comment.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 27-03-20 11:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good interview with the founder discussing the roots of the company here: https://wearelookingsideways.com/podcasts/011-tom-kay
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nope, their gear is really good quality, just wore out a pair of merino long johns after about 8 years (well, still using them for work) and bought another pair. Wetsuits are amazing, easy 3+ season suits whereas most of the other brands gear, while super supple, is for a season or 2 at best.

PS. They're Cornish. Jam first please...

Edited. Showed this to my better half, apparently I’ve not had the thermals for 10 years but i think at least 8

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 27-03-20 21:53; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
2nd to this, I know one of the founders personally and he is definitely not the smoke and mirrors type. Never outsourced his product making (wetsuit exception) to the Far East, kept it in Europe for quality and environmental reasons.

This was one of main principles of the company, to be as environmental as possible long before it became a fashionable tag to wear.

The company along with some dedicated sheep breeders help save a breed of sheep: Bowmonts. From about 25 sheep left to a flock of over 300 now. Not sure if a smoke and mirrors company would show this kind of dedication.

They also run repair workshops where you can get items repaired to extend the life time of the garment rather than having to buy new all the time, reducing the carbon footprint of the garment as well as preserving resources. I know other companies do this as well, but it’s good to know they stand by their principles.

There are going to be tough trading times ahead, I hope they can pull through as they’ve been trail blazers & done a lot in a short space of time and be quite proud of themselves in the manner in which they have done it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy