Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So..if you could design a board.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As a thought experiment to whittle away the rest of the season.

Either a quiver of one or one of a quiver.
Describe it and described where you would ride it, where it would excel.

I can think of a bunch of boards I have owned that I would love to fraken together.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hybrid camber
magnetraction edges
twin tip
original artwork by sine missione
top sheet that is resistant to the bashes you get in the lift queue
base that needs minimal maintenance whilst remaining fast

other features that would be nice....

a screen built into the top sheet that shows piste map with real time positioning on it (switchable to show the football or movies when you're on the chairlift)

a built in avalanche transceiver

red arrows style smoke coming off the tail when you catch air
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok been thinking about this today.

I'm 5'7, 200lb, 8.5uk boots.

Getting old - most of my effort now days is spent looking for side country pow, low angle, med, steep, trees are all good. Small to med dropoffs. If none of that around then rad dad piste carving - riding at pace and smooth as I can, mixing up turns and playing with body positions. Side hits are still in scope. Still riding lots of switch now days for some reason.

So for me, my quiver of one board would be:

Directional pintail, big shovel rocker nose, rocker tail, flat or low low camber between the feet. Mellow mag. 164cm with the effective edge of a 155cm. 256mm ish waist width. Tight side cut -7m ish? Carbon stringer straight down the middle only giving med stiff down the length, med flex torsionally. Honeycomb tip and tail since I can't press for toffee. Biax for even more broken in feeling. Black sintered base. If I had to have a pow cutout then I'd copy the endeavour archetype i.e. long tail with a long deep slit. Really pushing the boat out then Palmer's half cap sidewalls - damp but somehow lots of feedback through the feet.

Hopefully this would feel fast, smooth and slippy like a snake in low angle pow and still do well in steeper stuff. I don't like the feeling of pushing pow like I've experienced on short tail boards. Somehow it also needs to slide turns and carve trenches on piste without having to be on my A game all the time. Maxing out at Mach 8 is more than enough for me. And soft enough to goof around on. Switch would be different but that's ok.

Probably a bit of contradiction in that design.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If I had to design my own it would look like the car Homer Simpson thought up.

But being a old and long time surfer I really like the look of some of the elevated surf craft boards, so something based off a 70’s stinger tail surfboard shape with a pointy nose that surfed snow and could circle carve. Built burly enough for a 6’2” bloke with size 12 feet. And red. Because red boards go faster.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I met Aaron, the guy from Elevated in Japan last year with his 'crew'. Nice fella and great looking boards, but he really did have the attention span of a gnat...... I really liked the surf inspired aesthetic, the 'stringers' the resin tints and glass laps all really floated my boat, I'm just less convinced by the surfboard/snowboard analogies that he glibly rolls out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ride super pig + more durable top sheet, that's all you need for any occasion.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
After looking at the site for 15mins ....

Thats alot of surf waffle in one place on a snowboard site..... my first thought was perhaps its american .

You cant compare any board specs .

Which is great for buying on image .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeh I reckon they might ride like poo-poo but they look nice Very Happy

I'm happy with what I have now.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quiver of one?

161cm, 250mm waist (I am a big dude with tiny feet).

Strong camber between the feet. Early-rise, rockered, high-volume nose. Flat camber in the tail. Hint of taper (3mm say). Mid-stiff flex.

Basically as much powder float as possible in an essentially twin shape.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevomcd wrote:
Quiver of one?

161cm, 250mm waist (I am a big dude with tiny feet).

Strong camber between the feet. Early-rise, rockered, high-volume nose. Flat camber in the tail. Hint of taper (3mm say). Mid-stiff flex.

Basically as much powder float as possible in an essentially twin shape.

Burton Flight Attendant! I have one and I love it - it only comes out on fun days though.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy