Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Day 3 lockdown and nigh on another rescue, this time the dogs!

Poster: A snowHead
Does Macron have shares in a printer ink cartridge business ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hells Bells wrote:
@Bodeswell, I believe you are only allowed to got out alone (no other members of your family). You can walk your dog, but must not stray more than 2km from your home address. Someone on FB had walked to the pharmacy yesterday which is 45 minutes away from her house and was fined. She was supposed to drive there instead.

That all sounds a bit sinister to be honest.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bodeswell, agreed. What if you have no car?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
But the market in Bourg d'Oisans is taking place tomorrow Laughing People are likely to travel from surrounding villages Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bodeswell wrote:
Are they planning on imprisoning the whole population in their homes for a few months?

Are you living under a rock?! This is effectively already happening in Italy, France, Austria, some parts of the US and probably Germany soon. Read the other threads on France/Austria for more info.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scarlet, uk soon enough too i reckon
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, I think you're probably right.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some hilarious requests on the local FB group though. One guy is looking for love, to start with by messenger only, others asking for flip flops, deckchairs, games machines, etc. A french friend, not from here, considered the pedicure á domicile yesterday for her and her 2 daughters was an essential service Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hells Bells wrote:
you can walk your dog, but must not stray more than 2km from your home address. Someone on FB had walked to the pharmacy yesterday which is 45 minutes away from her house and was fined. She was supposed to drive there instead.

Yes, France is now an open air prison.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarlet wrote:
Bodeswell wrote:
Are they planning on imprisoning the whole population in their homes for a few months?

Are you living under a rock?! This is effectively already happening in Italy, France, Austria, some parts of the US and probably Germany soon. Read the other threads on France/Austria for more info.
It's a rhetorical question, apologies if you missed the nuance. Because if you're getting cabin fever now then let's see what measures they will have to use after a month or two in order to "persuade" people it's for their own good.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Our last ski tour of the season. The Gartenrund.
Stats:
Length: 4500mm
Vert: 350mm
Beers consumed: 2

Stay safe everybody. #stayathome

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
good effort, but cLearly more of a summer mountain biking area
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So no announcement from Pres. Macron but now every department is taking its own measures. We are in total lockdown in the Isere. Only reason to go out is to get food (huge queues at our local shops) or medicine. No exercise allowed.

As someone on French TV said "c'est un bordel total, personne ne comprend plus rien"

or as we say "it's a fustercluck"
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof wrote:
No exercise allowed.

Terrifying. Take care out there.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bodeswell wrote:
davidof wrote:
No exercise allowed.

Terrifying. Take care out there.

We are banned from using footpaths. Just car to the shops, back garden. No socializing.
snow report
@davidof, That's no ordinary virus control mate. Even the lepers had more freedom.
I'd be getting a ham radio if I were you. Might be too late mind.
snow report
@davidof, wow there were a lot of rumours going around late yesterday about potential restrictions.

English translation
TR: Tr:
For information. To confirm
Decree expected to be issued tomorrow for total containment from Tuesday until April 25
Initially 1 to 2 authorized outings per day for food shopping
Soldiers deployed
From Tuesday Total confinement in Paris and large east (except for first necessity) Curfew at 6:00 p.m., and blockades of districts, as in Italy.
Source Ministry of the Interior and army, preparing.
Only passes for doctors, police, etc. will be allowed.
via a parliamentary attaché to the National Assembly:
Macron should announce this evening that everyone has 48 hours to determine and be on their place of containment (to stay there 45 days thereafter)
For information, a total containment decree will be published on Tuesday in the official journal for application on Wednesday and the Police and Army mobilized.

Can't find anything for Hautes Alpes Online this morning.

Our friends in the motorhome on the basis of the above are upping sticks and going back to Leicester rolling eyes

Would seem that a few appts in the block next to us that were occupied by non-locals are now closed up.

We hiked behind us yesterday, and I think that's what we'll do for now on, restrictions or not, as no-one will see us.

Maybe we should now concentrate posts relative to containment/restrictions in the sticky French Alps Closed Today thread above?

This whole scenario is also getting emotions running high, as I know my OH is worried about our daughters and half of her thinks she should be back home looking after them etc whilst I've suggested they'd be better off here judging by reports such as this from a mate in our home town this morning......

Many pubs still full apparently, & shop shelves empty. I f**king despair of the idiots in this country sometimes

On a lighter note, 8 of us had a great social drink together last evening as we usually do on a Friday.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 21-03-20 7:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@davidof, I've read some of the twitter exchanges where this was discussed and the France 3 report. They seem slightly at odds tbh. But is there an official pronouncement?

France 3 - Vendredi 20 mars, au 4e jour du confinement décrété pour lutter contre la pandémie de coronavirus, la préfecture de l'Isère a pris un arrêté afin d'interdire toute activité en plein air et de fermer les parcs et jardins. Cette interdiction vaut, pour l'instant, jusqu'au 31 mars.

Préfet - L’activité physique « essentielle » fait référence à de brèves promenades dans la proximité immédiate du domicile, et non à la continuité de pratiques de loisir, comme le jogging, les promenades en forêt, la chasse, la pêche, même à titre individuel

All very confusing.
ski holidays
I've actually found the list of arrets and am no wiser.

Article 1e: Les rassemblements ainsi que la pratique d'activités de plein air et sports de montagne y compris la randonnée, sont interdits tout le département de l'Isère jusqu'au 31 Mars 2020

I'm going for a short walk and shop, with 2 forms Laughing
latest report
Claude B wrote:
I've actually found the list of arrets and am no wiser.

Article 1e: Les rassemblements ainsi que la pratique d'activités de plein air et sports de montagne y compris la randonnée, sont interdits tout le département de l'Isère jusqu'au 31 Mars 2020

I'm going for a short walk and shop, with 2 forms Laughing

Take 135 euros with you
ski holidays
@davidof, Shocked Just to the shop then Confused
snow report
Just done the latest blog, when is a walk a mountain activity etc etc rolling eyes

https://www.stylealtitude.com/day-4-lockdown-serre-chevalier-france.html
latest report
Well I wasn't locked up. No perceptible change here. I walked up to the supermarket which is 1.1km from here and back. Saw probably a dozen joggers, all but one pair were alone. Gendarmes were crawling slowly down the main street but took no notice of me, others, or the joggers they passed.

Bumped into a couple of friends who are sitting it out here too. One the manager of a local bar told me that several of his friends were fined a couple of days ago for snowshoeing up the mountain with snowboards.

Plenty of stuff in the supermarket, invested in a joint of beef; roast beef and Yorkshire pudding on the balcony tomorrow. I've even got some horseradish left.
snow report
Claude B wrote:
Plenty of stuff in the supermarket, invested in a joint of beef; roast beef and Yorkshire pudding on the balcony tomorrow. I've even got some horseradish left.

That's the spirit. I haven't fully self isolated here, my wife has reduced immune system issues. So I've, cut right down on all non essential contact, I shop twice a week and that's about it (apart from surfing but we're pretty much individuals bobbing around in the sea). I've attracted enjoying cooking/baking/drinking more as the days have gone on.

I'm starting to believe that one of the little known side effects of the CoVid 19 pandemic is weight gain.
latest report
Definitely. I'm cooking Osso Bucco this evening. Along with less exercise, probably more booze, a recipe for disaster.
latest report
The latest rumour, the 1-2 km is going to be cut back to 500m !!!
ski holidays
In the Hautes-Alpes?
We are "around the house, no more than 200 meters" in the Isere.
Many ignoring this - but a big sign on the edge of town saying the footpaths are closed.
Further crackdowns expected.
Macron was trying to get emergency legislation through parliament that would suspend the 35 hour week and cut holidays - the opposition seem to have spiked this for the moment but wait and see. It smacks of the virus emergency being used as a coup d'etat by the executive against the people. Apparently he wants vengeance on the French for the gilets jaunes debacle and his problems with cutting unemployment benefit and pensions. The French have wrecked his presidency.

linky: https://www.marianne.net/societe/c-est-confirme-la-loi-urgence-coronavirus-va-revenir-sur-les-droits-aux-conges-les-35-heures (note Marianne is a left wing newspaper)
snow report
Fine going up to 1500 euros if you are caught outside a second time without a valid reason. Macron says Europe will face the worst economic crisis in history. I'm not surprised with all the fines people are going to have to pay Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof wrote:
Fine going up to 1500 euros if you are caught outside a second time without a valid reason. Macron says Europe will face the worst economic crisis in history. I'm not surprised with all the fines people are going to have to pay Happy
True enough! Never pass up a good opportunity to take people's money off them, especially now the income from traffic fines must be plummeting!
ski holidays
@davidof, €1500 is cheap. €25K here, but I don't think they are enforcing. As of yesterday we are only allowed out alone, but still can go jogging/walk the dog etc, and can obviously go shopping. Most small food stores only allowing max 4 customers at a time. We are supposed to keep 1.5m distance, which people do seem to be observing, at least here in Gauting. No more Corona Parties in the Englische Garten rolling eyes
I see the border regions with France, Saarland & Baden Würtemberg are offering to take French corona patients. Might help unload the French Hospitals somewhat.

Bog Roll situation still critical.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy