Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet flights winter 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
@Rookiescot, @eblunt, after seeing your posts yesterday, I looked at my revised booking details but I could not see any reference to the cabin bag allowance. so I emailed EJ last night, and fair play to them, had a response this morning to say that I have also got the "hands free" allowance free of charge.

But, isn't this still different to what the original allowance would have been, wouldn't we have had the standard carry on size bag?

my normal flexible, fabric cabin bag is larger than the "under seat" bag, and my teenage daughters have the solid type (I know it P!!!!s me off as well!!). In their situation it will just go "hands free" so not really an issue. But I take my laptop with me to load on photos and videos during the trip, and do not like it going in the hold.
will just need to check that it will fit in my bag and go under the seat.

we normally drive, so just load up what we want and unload at the other end. But the offer of 3 return seats, 6 bags and 2 ski bags in the hold was two good a deal, I carried out a comparison last night and it would be £2200!!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is what EJ consider a large cabin bag - max. 56 x 45 x 25 cm and able to fit in overhead locker. This is the same as the old allowance - but you’ll have to put in in hold. You are allowed to take a smaller item on board
“ Customers can remove a small item (max. 45 x 36 x 20cm) from their cabin bag to bring with them on-board“ - would that do for your laptop bag?

Ditto - managed to get Feb 21 flights transferred to Feb 22 no extra cost. DFDS Ferry booked for the summer, just keeping all fingers crossed it will happen.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Rookiescot, cheers, yes am sure i will be able to fit my laptop in a smaller bag under the seat.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easter flights now cancelled - no surprises there. Managed to change dates online with no added payments.
Here’s to a hopeful summer 21 and fabulous 21/22 ski season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, one of my Easter flights (out, but not return), and the return leg of my flights for the EoSB have been cancelled today.

The April/May schedule for next year gets released tomorrow, so not long to wait to work out moving them, for those who want to.

(June to Sept 2022 flights will be released 9th March for those interested)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks great to know - thank you. Can I ask where to find info on the timetable release dates for future reference?
We bumped this cancellation to Feb 2022.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Can I ask where to find info on the timetable release dates for future reference?

Easyjet newsletter - if you have an account you can sign up for it in your account section on the website.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers @fixx, best get on that early tomorrow then!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like EasyJet have cancelled all Edinburgh-Geneva flights until May.
No doubt the cancellation emails will start arriving over the next few days Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No sign of the April/May 22 flights being released yet..
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Flights are there now - moved my easter 2021 flights to easter 2022, no additional cost. Third time lucky...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
How much should I expect to pay for 4 of us to fly at Easter next year?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bezthespaniard Normally about £600 for 4 of us - but that's me booking the second the flights come out as the prices can climb quickly! So I would get on and look now.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Handy Turnip-that's what we've paid for Gatwick-Geneva, 26/03-02/04 for 4. We got the outgoing when they were released months ago for £150 (with luggage), got the returns today for around £350.
Not as many Saturday flights as I can remember from previous years, given it is one of their 'flagship' routes.
snow conditions
I can’t see any Southampton or Bournemouth flights for Easter next year. Anybody know if they are being released late or if they stop them by end of March regardless?
ski holidays
@NickyJ, I think this question has come up in previous years, depending on where you're flying into, I believe that they stop them by the end of March. Hopefully someone will either confirm or put me right!
ski holidays
Handy Turnip wrote:
@NickyJ, I think this question has come up in previous years, depending on where you're flying into, I believe that they stop them by the end of March. Hopefully someone will either confirm or put me right!

Both only had flights to Geneva on offer but schedule is still as before. I wasn’t sure if they are doing a rolling release of flights from departure airports OR if that is it.
ski holidays
aaaahhhhrggggg can only rebook flights to an airport in the same country as the original destination airport!!!! That’s a massive change from their cancellation policy in the first lockdown.
snow conditions
Quote:
aaaahhhhrggggg can only rebook flights to an airport in the same country as the original destination airport!!!! That’s a massive change from their cancellation policy in the first lockdown
Why would they do that? Can't see how it is advantageous for them to do so...
latest report
Moved our Easter 2021 flights to Easter 2022. Thursday 14th 6pm to Monday 18th 9pm, 4 days skiing, 0 days annual leave. Free of charge as well, and carried forward the 99p baggage deal.
snow conditions
Once you manage disruption you can then change flights in-line with normal flexibility but you would need to pay any difference of the base fare (excluding baggage) based on your original purchase price. As I was looking at half term this has massively limited my ability to change airports (without paying a fortune extra!) now
ski holidays
Hey Folks

Your will have to apply for your Schengen Entry Covid Digital Vaccine Passports ...These will be the only Digital Vaccine Certificate that will be accepted if you want to enter the EU.

They are already in advance trials & will be just an add on to the Schengen Visa.....

Countries which had been waivered the Visa restriction will have to apply (when its ready) ...it will be a new requirement but in essence Visa.

NO idea yet of timescale of introduction what the cost will be yet .....but guess to align with relaxation of Quarantine Rules.....and that will not be happening this Summer for Countries outside the Schengen Zone...

Frontex will head up the enforcement

So bare in mind their will be additional costs/restrictions before you can step on an Airline or cross the border into the EU Schengen Area.
latest report
If your flights been cancelled and you intend to change to a new date, is there any time constraint on when you re-book? Either time from it being cancelled or in relation to the date of the original cancelled flight?

I've been wading through the thread looking for an answer but either missed it or it's not here.
ski holidays
@adithorp, I am sure there was a constraint with respect to when you were scheduled to depart that somebody mentioned?

When you rebook you are constrained to same departure and arrival country. This was a bit of a shame as w end originally booked flights to Austria for Christmas as it was looking like they were going to cancel our flight, decided to rebook for Feb half term as found a route (Southampton to Geneva) exhibit meant only paying a little bit more. So when that was cancelled we were stuck with flying to Geneva for next Feb half term (once you have managed disruption they go back to being able to rebook which meant I could change destination but the fares for other routes meant we would have to have paid a lot more)
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Hey Folks

Your will have to apply for your Schengen Entry Covid Digital Vaccine Passports ...These will be the only Digital Vaccine Certificate that will be accepted if you want to enter the EU.

I think this will the same, world over.
Want to visit USA, need a vaccine passport, want to visit Oz, need a vaccine passport, want to visit UK - no problem, but pubs might ask to see vaccine proof.
latest report
adithorp wrote:
If your flights been cancelled and you intend to change to a new date, is there any time constraint on when you re-book? Either time from it being cancelled or in relation to the date of the original cancelled flight?

I've been wading through the thread looking for an answer but either missed it or it's not here.

I'm not certain, but I *THINK* it has to be before the scheduled departure of the originally booked flight.

I spoke to two different people on the phone at easyjet and got two different answers: I hedged my bets and went with the second one which was as above and more restrictive. I preferred to play it safe rather than miss the opportunity to book any flight at no additional cost.
latest report
How to prevent an Airline going Bankrupt.

Move all your Fleet of Planes from UK to Germany & European Hubs Very Happy Very Happy

Britain’s biggest budget airline is moving capacity for Spanish flights from the UK to Germany.

https://archive.ph/PDB0I
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't see what bankruptcy has to do with it.
Don't forget, most European flights have also been suspended for months.

They currently have limited capacity, and a lot of pilots have been furloughed (at a cost to the UK!). Cheaper to move the few they have available than take more off furlough and bring their training up to date.

When we reduced restrictions, and EJ thought they could make some money, they brought some staff off furlough and updated their training to meet the perceived demand. They are simply moving some of their aircraft and personnel to where they can operate at the moment. They will be moved back to the UK for the end of July, when we can travel from here to their planned schedules.
ski holidays
You obviously have an inside source .."end of July, when we can travel from here...."
snow conditions
Rookiescot wrote:
This is what EJ consider a large cabin bag - max. 56 x 45 x 25 cm and able to fit in overhead locker. This is the same as the old allowance - but you’ll have to put in in hold. You are allowed to take a smaller item on board
“ Customers can remove a small item (max. 45 x 36 x 20cm) from their cabin bag to bring with them on-board“ - would that do for your laptop bag?

Ditto - managed to get Feb 21 flights transferred to Feb 22 no extra cost. DFDS Ferry booked for the summer, just keeping all fingers crossed it will happen.

How did you get on with your complimentary "hands free" luggage / email?

I turned up at Birmingham International today with my email about complimentary "hands free" luggage offer and it wasn't accepted.

Swissport agent said they don't do "hands free" at this airport... which begs the question as to what they do when people have actually paid for the service Puzzled

For others, it mght be worth checking with whichever airport you're due to fly from as to whether it will be easyJet or Swissport staff checking you / your luggage in and whether "hands free" is genuinely an option.

I'm hoping it will go more smoothly at Geneva on the way home
snow report
swskier wrote:
Moved our Easter 2021 flights to Easter 2022. Thursday 14th 6pm to Monday 18th 9pm, 4 days skiing, 0 days annual leave. Free of charge as well, and carried forward the 99p baggage deal.

Might just be my experience but...

I added 99p luggage to an existing booking. Obviously changed the booking a couple of times since then.

When I went to check my bag at airport today, Swissport agent (eventually) found it showing on my booking on their system BUT couldn't add it, so had to pay to check it.

Might not be an issue if you booked luggage when you booked your flight. Might also not be an issue if you booked it retrospectively, but wanted to share my experience all the same.

Glad I allowed at least three hours at the airport anyway.
snow report
Apologies for thread bump, but was thinking this would potentially flag it to the largest amount of people who have "hands free" emails and 99p luggage bookings that they're yet to take Little Angel
snow conditions
@jebroni3_16, thanks for the heads up - I'm flying on Thurs from Birm airport, and the flights have indeed been rescheduled at least twice, and 99p bag and ski carriage added after the original booking. This could be fun!

No hands-free email on this one though Smile
snow report
I was uncertain whether my Handsfree email still stood as was sent about / before i flight which i had to rebook to this year due to (thankfully!) Being cancelled last year. I did wonder if i had lost that right as part of my "manage disruption"
ski holidays
Nb I had no issues with my checked baggage which was a mix of bags booked originally and then added a couple of ski bags to be squeaky clean on my allowance as was only 99p each way each set
ski holidays
@jebroni3_16,

should have stood your ground.
Sounds like Swissport screwed you over. Good luck in getting a refund.
ski holidays
slight tangent, but just done a couple of new boking with Easyjet, and they now seem to want to "bundle" your luggage. for cabin baggage bundled with upfront / priority boarding or whatever that seems fine. But they also havean option for hold luggage.

If you ignore it and keep going you ca eventually add hold baggage for less that the cost of the bundled price (which i assume has a paid seat selection included).

you can also add the the 15kg hold luggage which is cheaper and indeed have the option to add less bags than passengers.

it just irks me a bit that their big flashy push me orange buttons lead you down a more expensive route if you arent careful.
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:
@jebroni3_16,

should have stood your ground.
Sounds like Swissport screwed you over. Good luck in getting a refund.

I'd have loved to, but they had me over a barrel. I needed to check my board bag and so had to pay for it again, even though the agent said she could see it on my booking and the problem was therefore on the computer system side of things.

I could have taken a punt with the "hands free" bag and taken it to the gate, but I knew they'd be Swissport staff there too and just wanted to get it sorted and get out of the increasingly long and unimpressed queue's way.

I have managed to establish that it is easyJet have themselves who have removed the "hands free" option everywhere, as per this page but that they're still supposed to be honouring existing vouchers / bookings:

Quote:
Why is Hands Free no longer available?

To simplify our baggage options, we’re no longer offering Hands Free. However, we still have a wide range of other bag choices available, including a new large cabin bag option from £5.99, or hold bags from just £6.99. If you’ve already booked or have a voucher for Hands Free, you can of course still use the service.
snow conditions
NickyJ wrote:
I was uncertain whether my Handsfree email still stood as was sent about / before i flight which i had to rebook to this year due to (thankfully!) Being cancelled last year. I did wonder if i had lost that right as part of my "manage disruption"

If your booking reference is the same as the one when they sent you the email, in theory you're still entitled to it.

But I don't think I could recommend trying it to others based on my experience today. Even with a print out of the letter AND the relevant page on the easyJet website.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy