Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet flights winter 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
@MorningGory, I posted mine roughly 21:00 ish, had a response in about 10 minutes, few messages back and forth was completed in 20 mins, must have caught them at a quiet time... Good luck, funny that some people can change online without price difference added ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could try phoning up - ignore all the prerecorded messages and stay on the line. I tried around 10am on a Thursday morning and got through almost immediately.
Had sent an email via the EJ website contact form prior to this but no reply.
I don’t know why but I would still have had to pay the fare difference when I was trying to do this via the website but not over the phone.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A couple more emails from/to EJ over the weekend and flights (and cheap bags) moved to Feb half-term 2022 at no cost.

Obviously, could be meaningless if the airline isn't still in business then or vaccine roll-out is slow (flatteringly, I'm considered young and fit enough to be near the back of the queue).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've just swapped our Feb half term flights from 21 - 22, at no additional cost. Just went online and followed the instructions to manage disrupted flights. I paid £200 for a family of 4 BHX to GVA, last year after the original thread.

Fingers crosssed the gamble will pay off in 22 instead...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Where the F**k is Luton? Wherever it is I'm not going, I'll take the refund please.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yay my half term flights are now cancelled....
So choices choices? Half term next year or money back?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NickyJ wrote:

Did you get notified by EJ Nicky? We are flying from MAN - they're still planning to operate this as far as I can tell ... but I'm not sure they can given that no one is allowed to go anywhere!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I looked a couple of weeks ago for the same time half term flights for 22, and they were aound £1,000. So it was a no brainer (If they don't go bump) for me to swap instead of cancel.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
franga wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

Did you get notified by EJ Nicky? We are flying from MAN - they're still planning to operate this as far as I can tell ... but I'm not sure they can given that no one is allowed to go anywhere!

They literally just emailed. Mine were from Southampton to Geneva
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickyJ wrote:
franga wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

They literally just emailed. Mine were from Southampton to Geneva
Thank you, I bet you're relieved.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Got email today cancelling my flights from Birmingham to Geneva for first week of next month.

Any idea how long I've got to make up my mind when it comes to rearranging? I think I might just wait until next year and then book something really expensive FOC at short notice when we actually know what's going on.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@franga, yes very relieved.

@jebroni3_16, was wondering the same Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NickyJ, my assumption (having not consulted the Easyjet site at all yet) is that I'll have until the date of my (now cancelled) outbound flight to rearrange, accept voucher or request refund and that after that point, it will automatically become a voucher (until / unless I then request a refund).

What I haven't seen clarified yet is whether vouchers are for the cash value of anything / everything you have paid for or whether it's cash value of the flights plus whatever extras you might have as specified extras, e.g. luggage.

The reason that matters for me is I've got my snowboard bag booked at 99p that's effectively worth much more, so I'd almost certainly go ahead and reschedule rather than taking a voucher and to avoid having to pay the extra £36.01 when it comes to using those Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@jebroni3_16, the value of the voucher will be for the amount you paid (plus they offer an extra £5 I think if you take the voucher), not the current equivalent value of the flights+extras unfortunately.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Our flight cancellation email arrived yesterday, MAN -MXP on 12/2 rtn 21/2, we have already paid for summer flights, and son will be doing A levels next year and he will be in the middle of mocks at half term, so I think I’ll go for the refund option.
snow conditions
EasyJet have cancelled my return flight for Easter, but at least kept us on a flight on the same day and airports this time just later in the day.

Trying to decide if it worth asking for refund or now or keep the hope we might get to the mountains
snow report
fixx wrote:
@jebroni3_16, the value of the voucher will be for the amount you paid (plus they offer an extra £5 I think if you take the voucher), not the current equivalent value of the flights+extras unfortunately.

Sorry, @fixx, I don't think I explained myself very well...

I assumed the flight element would definitely be what was actually paid, but was wondering whether cost of luggage when paid would be added, or a "credit note" for luggage... but the more I thought about it, the more obvious it is that the latter wouldn't be the case.

So, I think I'm just going to hold my nerve and wait for a few months before I use Manage Flight to rearrange my cheap flight and 99p luggage.

And hope that they don't delete it first!
snow report
@jebroni3_16,
Quote:

So, I think I'm just going to hold my nerve and wait for a few months before I use Manage Flight to rearrange my cheap flight and 99p luggage.

My understanding was that cancelled flights need to be reassigned before the date the original flight was scheduled to depart. Early February in your case? I could be wrong, as information in emails and on EZY website seemed vague to me, unless I've just overlooked something.

Might be worth checking with a message or phone call to them?

I moved my cheap flights, with 99p luggage, to more expensive ones next year. There was no extra charge and the original luggage allowance is still included.
snow report
I'm stuck in no mans land with flights to Geneva booked ( already rolled over from Jan ) for the first half of March, with a whole load of 99p luggage and ski-bags. Via the website currently I can only pay the difference and lose my free luggage, so I'm holding out and willing them to send me that cancellation email ( as I really don't think skiing will be happening this March )
snow conditions
@eblunt, contact Easyjet on twitter. My flights weren't cancelled either but when I tweeted them they moved my flights and 99p bags to next year FOC
latest report
I have just tried to change the flights but as next year we are planning on going with my sister and to avoid half term conflict with Paris thought i would switch to Austria flights. However it only appears to let me select Switzerland based airports.
snow conditions
@trmacc, thanks
latest report
@NickyJ same. I had 13th Feb 2021 LGW to Geneva flights cancelled and had the option of rebooking to any Swiss airport. So went went for 12th Feb 2022.

I was considering switching to Austria but alas, it's not an option. Perhaps now that I've moved my flights to 2022, maybe I can switch to Austria or other countries. I'll try and let you know.
snow conditions
Thanks I am going to phone as I originally had flights booked to Austria for Christmas when lockdown in Austria wasn’t going to be lifted before the 14day before window, I moved them to half term but all Austria flight would mean me spending a lot more money. So I changed them then to Geneva
latest report
I def can't change the 2022 Geneva flights to Austria now without paying the difference. But its at least presenting as an option.
ski holidays
@eblunt, I had 99p luggage and when I moved my flights from Christmas week to half term the flights difference was just the base flight difference the luggage just transferred
snow report
EZY policies, restrictions, ICT and practical hurdles are in danger of getting as complicated and confusing as pandemic rules. Unnecessarily so, IMHO, although I realise they’re having a very bad time.

Do they deserve some challenging publicity, do we think, or might that be counter productive and contribute to a worse outcome for all of us?
snow report
I don’t t think that would help. EasyJet have been good for us - we’ve not lost any money despite 6 cancelled trips. I am sincerely hoping they survive this catastrophic year. Confusing and ever changing travel regulations, repeated virus spikes, Brexit....
Other airlines have not been as obliging.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think easyjet have handled a ever moving situation and their costs well
latest report
Very happy with how EasyJet has treated me. All refunds or transfers as requested. No financial loss.
snow conditions
@Rookiescot, @Jonny996, @cad99uk,

Fair enough. We’ll let Ryanair keep taking the flack for now Little Angel
snow report
@PeakyB, got all my Ryanair refunds
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, very good to see a positive comment. Maybe they deserve more but not sure their main spokesperson helps.
ski holidays
Easyjet haven’t cancelled my flight on 6th March from Gatwick to Innsbruck yet
Not sure whether to move it to something else now as it doesn’t seem likely on the balance of probabilities I will be able to go skiing that week or leave it as it is for now.
ski holidays
PeakyB wrote:
@holidayloverxx, very good to see a positive comment. Maybe they deserve more but not sure their main spokesperson helps.

That's for sure
snow conditions
@VolklAttivaS5, better to wait until they cancel it, cost wise?
latest report
@PeakyB, yes although I can change it to another time easily enough and use it
I might have a week in Hintertux later on this year and do some hiking in the Zillertal as well as skiing
snow report
PeakyB wrote:
@jebroni3_16,
Quote:

My understanding was that cancelled flights need to be reassigned before the date the original flight was scheduled to depart. Early February in your case? I could be wrong, as information in emails and on EZY website seemed vague to me, unless I've just overlooked something.

Might be worth checking with a message or phone call to them?

I had a very brief phone call with someone who implied I could wait indefinitely to rearrange (although suggested I do it by phone rather than online, which seemed odd).

I'm going to try and get that confirmed in a Live Chat so I can keep a transcript for the inevitable argument later!
ski holidays
I have rolled mine forward to next year half term leaving them going to Geneva but changed outbound to Bournemouth. Which is even closer to use than Southampton. Main reason for changing that is the return flight from Geneva was a 6am one! That is too early even for me! Bournemouth retune was a very civilised afternoon flight.

I checked the current price of those flights for the 4 of us - even with baggage it was £2.5k! This is why we have never flown from there despite being our closest airport.

Here’s hoping next Feb can happen. My hubby is convinced it won’t.
ski holidays
@NickyJ, great that it’s worked out best possible in the circumstances. I’ve long aspired to try Bournemouth airport and hadn’t realised there were Geneva flights from there.

Unless a different pestilence descends on us, I feel confident we’ll be travelling abroad by autumn and skiing next winter.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy