Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet flights winter 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
jafa wrote:
Really!!!!!! If you rang EJ they would have done it for you FoC. They`re not ogres you know. Unfortunate mistakes do happen.

Id suggest you call them up, and I`m sure they'll refund the £50 name change if they see you had made the error and immediately rectified it

Yes I tried - but impossible to get through to them at the moment ( understandable). Will take the hit now so I don’t have to worry /forget until day of departure and maybe get lucky and get through to them later and maybe they may feel kind !! It’s still annoys me that I messed up !!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Booked MAN-MXP for Feb half term out on Friday back on Sunday, all Saturday fully booked, £99 rtn inc 23kg bag, glad I saw the email earlier as we’ve already paid the deposit on an apartment, here’s hoping this sh*tstorm passes and we can all enjoy our lives again, funny how spending some dosh has made me feel happier than earlier.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wow, if I didn't have some eurotunnel bookings to use up, I would certainly book something. Good tip about not adding bags or seats at this stage!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys! Christmas in the Canaries sorted..
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Booked flights to Innsbruck for Christmas.

Though I added bags and paid for seats... now need to read through thoroughly to work out why @always29, says good tip not too. Hmm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hils68 wrote:
Made a mess of it !! Put my name in twice and just had to pay another £50 to change my name to my sons.

T&Cs say you have 24hrs free cancellation on bookings... cancel and rebook surely?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@fixx,
Quote:

Edit: annoyingly there are no flights scheduled yet (or at least available for booking) to Belfast beyond end of October. I'm sure sure if that's because they're ending the route, or just that this sale has focussed on ski routes?

when i was booking earlier, I looked at the following routes, Bristol-gva, Bristol-lyon, and Bristol-Grenoble. the bristol-grenoble was not showing any dates after this april, so it could be possible that they are dropping this ski route and maybe others for next winter?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ,

Looked at that - and the flights had sold out !! I have just taken the hit. I will have forgotten about it by tomorrow!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NickyJ wrote:

Though I added bags and paid for seats... now need to read through thoroughly to work out why @always29, says good tip not too. Hmm

The reason for not adding bags and paying for seats is you can add them later and not tied up any additional money with easyJet until closer to the time (and we know more of the impact of the virus).

We will book bags and ski carriage later just happy to have the flights booked for now.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
klwood wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

The reason for not adding bags is you can add them later and not tied up any additional money with easyJet until closer to the time (and we know more of the impact of the virus)

We will book bags and ski carriage later just happy to have the flights booked for now.

Too late for me - found it afterward Happy. I must admit I assumed to would cost more to add later? The £4 per seat is cheaper than I have seen when I have looked before as was the bag charge (normal bag) ski bags were same.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dead chuffed. Driving to St Foy for daughters 30th birthday on Boxing Day and we have to need to drop daughter no 2 off earlier as she has to go back to work at school on the 3rd. £29.28 .....Geneva to Bournemouth, hand luggage only, £29.28...get in. At that price doesn’t matter if it goes belly up. Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
2 sets booked.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can book for Feb 25 but my return flight for March not yet published. Should I book one way or wait and does anyone know when the the March flights are released..?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scam wrote:
Am I not right in thinking that if there's any issues next year (Corona or otherwise) your insurance might be invalidated due to booking whilst this is all going on?

I understand EasyJet and other airlines are offering an option to cancel for credit against any other flights. And in the sad event the airline goes bust one can claim from their credit card provider under section 75 protection. Very little risk really if one can afford to pay now, and they need to make sales to survive.

Here's hoping all will be good long before next ski season
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm wondering if there is a glitch on their site as from the quick look that I've done, flights are either 'sold out' or all at the same low price that they started the day Confused
ski holidays
Ray Zorro wrote:
I'm wondering if there is a glitch on their site as from the quick look that I've done, flights are either 'sold out' or all at the same low price that they started the day Confused

I was surprised that they hadn’t gone up on me when I looked earlier and then pressed the button this evening.
latest report
@Ray Zorro, I think that's because they haven't sold many seats. On the seat maps for 3 out of the 4 flights I booked I was first to book a seat. On the other a long legged family had bagged all 6 up front. As soon as people start booking watch those numbers rise! My view is the 120 quid I've spent will be of no use anyway if I can't go, there will be bigger fish to fry.
latest report
@chocksaway, maybe, but I didn't see any flights for anything other than the minimum starting price. Which is odd when all Saturday, Sunday and part of the Friday around the Feb school hols are sold out.
I also suspect that not many booked seats apart from those wanting the extra leg-space seats.
snow report
Ray Zorro wrote:

It says on the website - winter flights 25th Oct 20’ - 28th Feb 21’ at or below £29.99 for a limited time

So only a few seats for each flight will be available which is why some show sold out (just these seats so not the full plane)

I would guess they will release the rest of the seats and full ski season in April as planned

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 18-03-20 21:19; edited 3 times in total
snow report
@Ray Zorro, ahh, I didn't realise none had changed as one sector was more than the other, thinking now that probably reflects airport charges and APD rates, I'm guessing that as they were due to be released till April they are trying to generate cash flow, so maybe they are testing the water or the hamsters could only cope with a small release in a short time.
ski holidays
@klwood, ah, that explains it. Thank you. I didn't see that notice.
latest report
Ray Zorro wrote:
@klwood, ah, that explains it. Thank you. I didn't see that notice.

No worries I was curious about this as well so went back to see if I could spot why, it is one of those notes that pop up for half a second on the front page Very Happy
snow conditions
Trying to change my flights to January ones which definitely have availability at £29 for a new booking... and it's saying there's a £444 price difference.

Pretty sure something's going wrong with the system for me!
snow conditions
jebroni3_16 wrote:
Trying to change my flights to January ones which definitely have availability at £29 for a new booking... and it's saying there's a £444 price difference.

Pretty sure something's going wrong with the system for me!

If within 24 hrs cancel and do fresh booking
snow conditions
Thanks for suggestion, but just added app to my phone and tried that and it's coming up with £0.00 as hoped so will do that instead!
snow report
jebroni3_16 wrote:
Thanks for suggestion, but just added app to my phone and tried that and it's coming up with £0.00 as hoped so will do that instead!

Excellent! Must install app, thanks for the tip. First time ever buying EasyJet flights. Normally they haven’t come up with the right deal, when I have looked.

Quick question.

I added 2 x ski bags, as said ski bags mustn’t be over 20kg. I have been taking 4 pairs of skis in a single bag with BA but as that weights 22kg and EasyJets reputation with ski bags thought I would play it save. It also save. I presume 2 ski bags with 2 skis is fine? It also says we can put boots separately? Is that right? So I would check in 2 ski bags and 2 boot bags?
latest report
I booked LGW to INN for Xmas and New Year as it was a good deal. I had already booked my accommodation a couple of months ago anyway
snow report
I was amused when I booked that to add a hold bag up to 15kg was £15, or to add a hold bag up to 23kg was also £15. Not the hardest decision Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickyJ wrote:
jebroni3_16 wrote:

Excellent! Must install app, thanks for the tip. First time ever buying EasyJet flights. Normally they haven’t come up with the right deal, when I have looked.

Quick question.

I added 2 x ski bags, as said ski bags mustn’t be over 20kg. I have been taking 4 pairs of skis in a single bag with BA but as that weights 22kg and EasyJets reputation with ski bags thought I would play it save. It also save. I presume 2 ski bags with 2 skis is fine? It also says we can put boots separately? Is that right? So I would check in 2 ski bags and 2 boot bags?

I'm a boarder so have never tested the two separate bags for skis and boots policy, but have observed skiers who have and seems to work as intended.

Might be worth taking printout / screenshot of relevant page of their website just in case though?

As far as weight allowance is concerned, they do monitor it and whilst I've got away with a couple of hundred grams over, once the scales showed 21, I had to pop back to the car to empty a few things out.

Their carry-on limit is size restricted, not weight too which might help.

I tend to book flights without luggage now and add later when I know I'm going. Just in case I needed to change route.
snow conditions
Bergmeister wrote:
The website will allow me to book new flights for Jan 2021 but will not allow me to change this season's flights to the same (Jan 21) dates, as it says those flights are outside the current schedule.

A bit of a glitch!

Grrrrr...... Sad

Anyone else struggling with that? Puzzled

Yes, couldn't do it on the website but managed to do it on the app Puzzled

As EJ are waiving the change fee I changed the flights I had for the EOSB to SZG for Christmas, it's a punt of an extra £18 each but don't mind risking it.
snow report
Further half term seats have been released, get them quick Very Happy
snow conditions
DaiSki wrote:
Further half term seats have been released, get them quick Very Happy

Brilliant thank you, all sorted snowHead
ski holidays
But bag prices have doubled from last week? £15 to £37!
latest report
@DaiSki, Have a virtual beer on me, I’m well chuffed snowHead
snow report
Thanks for the heads up re half term seats. Just got family of 4 sorted for a bargain price. £52 per person return. Bags to be added later if we can actually go.
snow report
klwood wrote:
Ray Zorro wrote:

It says on the website - winter flights 25th Oct 20’ - 28th Feb 21’ at or below £29.99 for a limited time

So only a few seats for each flight will be available which is why some show sold out (just these seats so not the full plane)

I would guess they will release the rest of the seats and full ski season in April as planned

Bagged myself 2 x returns for Jan 2021 for just over £100 total. Time will tell if that proves to be money down the drain, but I feel better for that Very Happy
ski holidays
@NickyJ, does this thread help at all with your question?
Lots of threads seem to address the complexities of EJ baggage rules.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3499682&highlight=easyjet#3499682
ski holidays
@PeakyB, may do, problem is rules seem to change so regularly I worry about using the older ones, which was why I asked a fresh. Happy

Thanks for link though and will see what that has to say.
ski holidays
Some great half term deals on there. ca.£200 return for 2a and 2c. How much busier are the smaller resorts (thinking Chamrousse) in Feb half term, compared to Easter? Would typically choose Easter, but clearly flights not around for April 2021 yet. Is it worth a Feb half term punt?

Cheers
snow conditions
@NickyJ, yes EZY do change baggage rules periodically. That link is from current season, so should be a useful guide.

I’d bet on there being a new SH thread on this subject within a week of flights to main winter sports airports resuming.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy