Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet flights winter 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
I can't find any expensive flights out on Monday return on Friday for next year so haven't changed my ones for start of February yet. I want to feel like I'm getting a deal!

I won't be going for refund as got 99p snowboard bag too. Wish I'd thought of booking another suitcase at 99p though, especially now they've effectively done away with free carry-on.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@fixx, yes I am hoping that my 06 Feb ones will get cancelled soon so I can move to 2022 (which is already ALOT more expensive) and make use of my 99p luggage too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@fixx, good news. Hoping they will cancel my half term ones
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

The "latest travel info" (29 Dec) on EJ's homepage says that changing booking/voucher/refund is available if you can't travel due to govt restrictions e.g. France preventing entry by UK nationals.

EJ customer service got back to me (very quickly). They said I could only rebook or have a voucher - no refund.

This contradicts the info on their homepage - not exactly a surprise, obviously they want to encourage people to hand over money and will do anything they can to avoid giving it back!

I think I'll wait to see if the flight is cancelled but they're still operating that route at the moment so I might have to pay extra to move it to next year.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info - did they mention if you would have to pay the difference in fares for rebooking?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Rookiescot, they imply no extra costs but leave themselves enough room to add them e.g. "free" could mean no fees for changing but you pay difference in price.
When I looked at rebooking online, I was shown additional costs to pay for the same flights next year as flights then are more expensive.

The email was a bit thin, other than pleasantries, it read as follows:

Having checked your booking I can confirm it with you that you are now eligible for the following options
given below-:

1) A voucher for entire booking

2) A flight change for free.

Kindly send us a email confirmation stating which option would you like us to proceed further with.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this...

We are able to move our flights for April for free as we have been moved to different return flight, so we are thinking of going for New Year instead.

With us not being sure how the apartment company will work with the Christmas and New Year weeks. If we changed the flights, would the fare difference go from our original booking or to the new booking price if that makes sense?

We paid £80 for our flights but can change for free to a flight that costs over £300 currently. I'm just wanting to know if we was to change again once we know the changeover days, would it be the difference we pay between the original £80 or new £300 flight.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It will be on the basis of what you paid @DanB234, not what the flight would have cost if you'd had to pay for it at the time of rearranging.

Just as if you later were to request a refund, you'd only get refunded what you paid, not what the flights were "worth" / would have cost at the time of altering.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My nerve gave in today & I moved our half term flights over to NY, all free.
If you were forward thinking you could have book lots of the £25 flights earlier in year & now move them to NY & HT next year
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jebroni3_16 wrote:
It will be on the basis of what you paid @DanB234, not what the flight would have cost if you'd had to pay for it at the time of rearranging.

Just as if you later were to request a refund, you'd only get refunded what you paid, not what the flights were "worth" / would have cost at the time of altering.

Thanks for that, that is what I thought. We’ll have to try our best to find out what the changeover days will be over this period before moving them. hopefully we can find this out before its too late to change them.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How do you move them for free on EJ? Everytime I try, it charges me the difference.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@snowheeeed, If the flight has been cancelled (only needs to be one leg of a return booking) then you can opt to move one or both legs to a different date, and you don't pay any fare difference.

If no flight has been cancelled, and you move it more than 14 days before the flight date, you can move it for 'free' (in Easyjet's language) - as in you don't pay any admin change fee, but you do pay any fare difference.

If no flight has been cancelled, and you move it less than 14 days before the flight date, you pay the fare difference plus an admin/change fee (this fee is waived for Easyjet Flight Club members - invitation only).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have I understood right that where, as in my case, a customer took advantage of EZs 99p per item hold luggage and equipment carriage offer last year, that would carry forward to the rescheduling of a flight that EZ has cancelled?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PeakyB-that's what happened for me.
snow report
My return flight has been changed from 15:15 to 10:35 and I am able to change the flight for free and not pay the fare difference. I think this may be because it is over a certain amount of hours difference.
snow conditions
@snowhound, thanks. The luggage often costs more than the flight.
ski holidays
@DanB234, thanks, I guess I’ll find out when I change my cancelled flights, if the new ones appear to be a higher price. All a bit of a gamble as to whether EZY exist in a few months time.
latest report
@PeakyB, you can go into the reschedule options and mess around for ages trying different dates and routes, to then see the price difference (if any) before committing to change anything.

NB the price difference I was shown was per person NOT for all the flights on the booking despite me changing all of them... so when I goto check out it was 4 times the difference I was expecting Sad. So again I cancelled out to think further before I went back in and committing to that change.
snow report
@NickyJ, thanks, useful to know. Coincidentally, just received a message from EZY fanfaring their latest flight sale.
snow report
PeakyB wrote:
@NickyJ, thanks, useful to know. Coincidentally, just received a message from EZY fanfaring their latest flight sale.

I am now hoping - that my halfterm flights get cancelled, I moved them in late Nov from Christmas week to Feb...
ski holidays
It is worth getting onto Easyjet directly, I contacted them via Twitter and even though my Feb HT flights are yet to be cancelled they have moved me FOC to Feb 2022 (was tempted to go to April 2021 but think I will have to admit defeat on this season). Would have cost £900 in fare difference to change online. I suspect this was because they are going to cancel the flight anyway but still feels like very good customer service to me. @PeakyB, and yes my £1 luggage has moved too. It did take about 2 days to get an initial response from twitter, but once I'd got that first reply was dealt with in 24hrs. May also depend on who you end up chatting with. @NickyJ, give it a go!
snow report
@trmacc, ooh that is good to know! That was exactly why I haven’t moved them.... well that and my sisters partners kids are on different half term dates to mine and my sisters children.
snow conditions
@NickyJ, good luck if you try it. Yes, I also have problems with different term dates, never seem to coincide!
snow conditions
Thank you for all the shared experiences.
I’ve just phoned up and changed my
Edi- Gen Feb half term flights (which were apparently still running) to more expensive flights for Xmas 21 with no additional charges despite the significantly more expensive new flights.
Got through very quickly and done and dusted in 5 minutes. Cannot fault EJ customer service!
ski holidays
@Rookiescot, result!
snow report
Haha yes... it’s the cherry on a big pile of poo but nevertheless, grateful for small mercies.
latest report
@Rookiescot, i done the same yesterday but to boxing day out & 4th return. I was lucky as I was supposed to go out the friday evening & that was cancelled some time ago.

But & it is a massive BUT, if for some miracle everything opens back up again for half term I will be gutted.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah great @jonny996, something to look forward too. I think we will have some form of travel restrictions up to April.
snow conditions
@Rookiescot, don’t say that I’ve still got 2 boys weekends lined up for March that were sticking with for now in hope
snow conditions
All fingers crossed!
ski holidays
Just reassigned my cheap late Jan/early Feb 2021 flights to much more expensive Feb 2022 ones at no extra charge. The baggage allowance carried forward too. Done online with no problems, even though I changed UK airport on outbound leg. Thanks all for advice. Just need EZY to survive and keep their winter schedules running next year!
ski holidays
@DanB234, Not a flight issue but rather your apartment query. Due to Christmas Day falling on a Saturday this year, we made the decision to take a hit on the 1st week of Jan (22) and open up our booking window for anyday changeover between 19 Dec 21 and 07 Jan 22, with standard changeovers after that. Seems to have worked as we booked out with German and Dutch bookings for Christmas and New Year 21/22 within hours of doing it.
snow conditions
Have also changed this years half term flights to next year, without any charges (which the website still tries to charge me the flight price difference).

Made changes by sending direct message to easyjet via Twitter.
ski holidays
@DaiSki, seems odd that EZY website tried to charge you the extra difference for your changed flights. In my case it didn't, and my new flights were a lot more expensive.
An inconsistency for others to be wary of. I suspect once they've taken extra money, it would be extremely difficult to get it back.
snow conditions
@PeakyB, mine was the early morning booking for the Saturday (they cancelled the pm flights), presumed they would only allow change with no costs involved if one of the transfers was cancelled by them, or they are trying to cash in on us Half Term mugs Very Happy
ski holidays
@trmacc, Thanks for the tip, how exactly did you contact them through twitter ( sorry to pester you )
ski holidays
@eblunt, send them message from easyjet’s Twitter account
latest report
@eblunt, go onto Twitter, search for Easyjet official account, then at top right of screen press on the envelope icon to direct message them. You will get an autobot to start with but if you reply to that with your booking ref etc you will get through to a person. Did take a day or two to get a response but was worth the wait.
ski holidays
@DaiSki, I tried that a couple of days ago. Not feeling hopeful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy