Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet flights winter 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
@MorningGory, you'd hope that was the case, but it's sport for some people. I've met some who said they make a claim for every package deal they'd been on.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sleazy just cancelled a return flight into LGW for me ?

Complexity is a multi booking I chucked a couple returns on and the other one at Easter is technically at least still alive - will they refund for the legs they've cancelled without screwing me over on the remaining flights yet?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does anyone know if you transfer to another flight free, do they keep your luggage booking as well ?

I'm looking to change my Jan flights to easter time, but when I booked them originally I took the £1 skibag offer.

Has anyone transferred over a flight where they had the £1 luggage, and what happened ? Thanks for advice. I've tried looking at the sleazyjet site but they are as opaque as ever, and I really don't want to press any buttons that will stop me getting a refund until I know for sure what will happen

Thank you as ever, Smowheads
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@eblunt, yes they did
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickyJ, Thank you muchly <fx> finger hovering over booking button </fx>. So on the "free change" your £1 luggage booking got transferred without without being charged any extra ? ( just to confirm that's what you mean )
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@eblunt, do the free change didn’t appear to be using the baggage fees (or seat fees) to calculate the price difference in fairs. Nb you can mess around with various combinations of routes before committing to see what the fare difference is
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@eblunt, yes, that's what happens. They just look at the underlying flight cost, not any 'extras' i.e. luggage, seat selection. Those are already paid, and attached to whatever flight you choose.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ, @fixx, Thank you, yes , they just seem to be looking at the flight cost, and then coming to a 'total' or free of charge. This is very useful info. It appears that my punt on booking the flights last spring might well pay off as the real gain is all the ski bags nearly free being carried over Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
just received an email today from EJ, informing me that my feb HT sun morning return flight from Geneva to Bristol has been cancelled, no real shock as it disappeared from the website a few weeks ago.

Although there are two other flights later that day that had availability, they have offered me the options of moving to a later flight, cancel the whole booking (outbound and return, 3 seats with 8 hold bags at a total cost of £170 Toofy Grin Toofy Grin ) and take a voucher for the value that will last 12 months, or cancel and get a full refund.

I have a separate flight for myself in march as well, and am waiting to see what happens with this one

we had decided a few weeks ago to give this season a miss, and I was quite prepared to lose out on the flights, like most people on here I took a punt in march when these flights went on sale, so I am quite happy with EJ's offer.

only decision to make is take the voucher, and hope there is a similar silly offer early next year for 2022 HT flights, or take the refund.
Personally, if by taking a voucher and my money goes a little way to keep them afloat, I am willing to do this.

I know they have their faults, but if they go under, we are only left with a couple of carriers and I would assume this would be bad news for competitive costs
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
When I had flights cancelled, the offer of a voucher was tempting for the same reason. But I was a little concerned, without spending time ringing them etc, that the voucher would be in just my name, ie the lead booker, which would have been perfectly fine, or split 4 ways with all the other names on the booking. As it was a one off with another couple, I just accepted the offer of a refund.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
EJ now reduced size of cabin bag allowed - unless you pay....

A breakdown of the changes
From 10th February 2021, the seat you have booked will determine what bags you are able to bring on board.

All customers can bring on board one small cabin bag (max. 45 x 36 x 20 cm), and this must fit under the seat in front of them.

Customers who have booked an Up front or Extra legroom seat can also bring on board a large cabin bag (max. 56 x 45 x 25 cm), which must fit in the overhead locker. These seats can be selected at the time of booking, or at any time before you check-in via Manage Bookings, or by contacting our Customer Service Team.

If you do have a large cabin bag but do not want to purchase one of these seats, we offer Hands Free as an alternative. This allows you to drop your large cabin bag at easyJet Plus Bag Drop in the check-in area, and it’ll be amongst the first to be delivered when you arrive at your destination.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Me and a mate splashed out on EJ+ as we fly Man-Gva at least half a dozen times a year - this has made it more worthwhile as we tend to be hand luggage only.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The same email also says that if you've got an existing booking, you don't need to pay extra, though:

"What this means for your upcoming trip
As you are due to travel on or after 10th February 2021, and at least one of your flights contains a Standard seat or you have not yet selected a seat for the flight, this affects what you are able to bring on board. However, because you booked before these changes were announced, we would like to offer you Hands Free, free of charge, for the affected flights.
IMPORTANT: To take advantage of Hands Free, free of charge, on this trip, please present this email in printed or digital format to our team at easyJet Plus Bag Drop for each of your flights."
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A free carry on bag, with no weight limit, was one of EJs big plus points.
A move down towards the Ryanair end of the customer service spectrum?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yep had the same EJ thing - personally I'd rather they just bundled in with an honest fare rather than the death by 1000 elements approach. Hands free hand luggage is just another term for checked baggage.
latest report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Yep had the same EJ thing - personally I'd rather they just bundled in with an honest fare rather than the death by 1000 elements approach. Hands free hand luggage is just another term for checked baggage.

However my understanding from the email is because we booked before the change we won’t be charged? I have printed off though my hopes aren’t that high that we will be on the flight!
latest report

Isn't "Hands free" free though (in £ terms) as they want to free up locker space. Checked baggage you pay, but can take a full size case rather than just the larger carry on size.

Basically pay a premium for your seat and you can use the overhead locker and chuck a small bag under the seat
Pay basic fare and your large cabin bag has to go in the hold "hands free", but you can still chuck a small one under the seat (Technically this should have come out of your larger cabin bag, but I doubt that is enforced).
snow report
Carrying ski boots in hand baggage is the only way to be certain that they will arrive with you. Boots will not fit in smaller size bag so the only way to guarantee that ski boots arrive with you will be to pay extra for an Up front/extra leg room seat.
snow report
Quote:

Isn't "Hands free" free though (in £ terms)

Think it's £7 per flight
snow report
AB Ski wrote:
Carrying ski boots in hand baggage is the only way to be certain that they will arrive with you. Boots will not fit in smaller size bag so the only way to guarantee that ski boots arrive with you will be to pay extra for an Up front/extra leg room seat.

agree with you, I was making the distinction from checked baggage.

Last season's weekend skiing was done that way, "premium" seat boots and ski gear in a carry on, other stuff in a sling under seat rucksack and a helmet sort of carried on in addition, which doesn't seem to get challenged as it will slide under seat with the rucksack. Reckon I could do a week skiing that way, but my daughter decided she needed a hold bag.
ski holidays
Yep just checked

“.....you booked before these changes were announced, we would like to offer you Hands Free, Free of charge, for the affected flights”
latest report
AB Ski wrote:
Quote:

Isn't "Hands free" free though (in £ terms)

Think it's £7 per flight

Yep the strategy here is clearly to increase the "incremental revenues". Too many people relaxed about the pay to book a seat nonsense so another opportunity to get them by another means. As you say the only sure way of guaranteeing your ski boots arrive with you is having them on the plane with you (or possibly checked at plane door) so skiers are going to have to go the premium seat route probably.
snow conditions
@AB Ski, My boots fit in a normal sized hand luggage bag.
snow report
MorningGory wrote:
@AB Ski, My boots fit in a normal sized hand luggage bag.

But the "normal" hand luggage sized bag has just been redefined by Sleasy to be a "small" bag. I can get my boots just about in a rucksack but there aint much room for anything else and I still query whether it would meet the new dimension of 45cm by 36cm since that means you need to get full height of the boot plus toe of the 69'd boot under 45cm
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, I haven't seen that. I'll check when I next book!
ski holidays
I agree about the incremental charges, but one of the issues is getting everybodies wheely case on board, many of these are bigger than the previously defined size for carry on. Plus the first folks on board always seem to want to put their fur coats (GVA obvs) in the overheads and get arsey when the cabin crew ask them to move them. Once load factors get back to over 90%, it starts affecting turnround times with all the knockon effects. Most of my trips are with a small rucksack so I'm alright Jack. Very Happy
snow conditions
Easylate are mugging you off.

Will soon be £1 for the dunny.

£2 for a no.2
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
Easylate are mugging you off.

Will soon be £1 for the dunny.

Dunny is Australian and New Zealand slang, are you going Antipodean now? Toofy Grin The US slang word for the toilet is the john I believe. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chocksaway wrote:
I agree about the incremental charges, but one of the issues is getting everybodies wheely case on board, many of these are bigger than the previously defined size for carry on. Plus the first folks on board always seem to want to put their fur coats (GVA obvs) in the overheads and get arsey when the cabin crew ask them to move them. Once load factors get back to over 90%, it starts affecting turnround times with all the knockon effects. Most of my trips are with a small rucksack so I'm alright Jack. Very Happy

For some time they've offered free gate check etc for wheelies IIRC so it's not as if they can't manage the on board situation. It's entirely of their own making - they've crept up the cost/convenience for checked baggage (what's the point of self check in if you still have a big queue for bag drop) and because of that conditioned everyone to a single standard wheelie (or wheelie plus extra suit carrier plus fur coat plus massive hand/man bag for the GVA customers). Now they are making you pay for that.
latest report
My ski boot bag is 49cm x 36cm x 11cm - what are the chances of easyjet letting me off the additional 4cm length? It looks like a laptop bag?
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:

However my understanding from the email is because we booked before the change we won’t be charged? I have printed off though my hopes aren’t that high that we will be on the flight!

I've got two pairs of flights booked in January, one leg of each of which has had a time change, which means I can get a refund or rearrange...

I wonder if I rearrange either set of flights for ones after 10th Feb, whether I'd be entitled to the free "hands free" option as my original booking pre-dates the rule change Puzzled
snow report
@jebroni3_16, I presume you don’t have the email as your flight is before 10th Feb?

The email doesn’t reference my flights dates just has the booking number and says to print it and present it to make use of the free offer. But without the email now? I don’t know.
snow conditions
eblunt wrote:
@NickyJ, Thank you muchly <fx> finger hovering over booking button </fx>. So on the "free change" your £1 luggage booking got transferred without without being charged any extra ? ( just to confirm that's what you mean )

Yes - I did and had the same. I just bounced them forward to the cheapest date that cost no money. Fingers crossed I can keep it again when they release the winter 21/22 flights.
latest report
NickyJ wrote:
@jebroni3_16, I presume you don’t have the email as your flight is before 10th Feb?

The email doesn’t reference my flights dates just has the booking number and says to print it and present it to make use of the free offer. But without the email now? I don’t know.

Yeah, I don't have the email as the flights are currently scheduled for before 10th Feb and if I rearrange, I assume that will be treated as a new booking (on an existing reference) and therefore subject to the new rules.

Going to just wait and see what's happening for the first week in January for now...
ski holidays
@jebroni3_16, I changed my flights after the announcement ( From Jan - cancelled - to March ), however they still seem to be saying that I have the 56cm cabin bag allowance which was prevailing when I booked the flights originally last year. Maybe it's different if it's a free change due to a cancelled flight, not sure, but everything that was on my original flight has been safely carried over
ski holidays
Interesting... that bodes reasonably well for if / when I do rearrange mine.

Thanks @eblunt
snow conditions
Applied for my refund on 7 Nov, saying it could take up to 30 days. E mail just arrived, very sorry, very busy but it's been processed. Exactly 30 days, do easyjet think we don't know it's automatic! Oh, payment could take 10 days, let me guess...
ski holidays
@eblunt, had you booked seats? You get a free cabin bag if so (and when you rearrange they carry everything over).
snow report
[quote="Alastair Pink"]Well having applied for my Easyjet refund on 10th November I got an email today stating
"Dear Customer,
Firstly, we are very sorry that you’ve had to wait for your refund for your flight(s) for booking reference *******, and that we haven’t been in touch sooner.
Our team have been working hard to process refund requests in the shortest possible time and are happy to confirm that we have now completed yours.
Your refund will come via the same method you used to pay for the booking, if you booked via a 3rd party please contact them to receive your funds directly. The total refund should show as available funds within the next 10 days.
You don’t need to do anything else. We just wanted to say thank you for your patience.
easyJet Customer Services"

So I should get my refund by 18th December at the latest. Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 19-12-20 20:22; edited 2 times in total
snow report
I got that one today
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy