Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet flights winter 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
NickyJ wrote:
Ben&sigs wrote:
EasyJet have just cancelled our flights to Innsbruck over Christmas, no alternatives either, looking like getting to the Alps is not going to be so easy now ......

Where were you flying out from?

1 Saturday flight to Innsbruck is still showing from Gatwick on the 19th. Which is the flight I have booked (there had been two flights out). I am not actually sure if I am pleased by this or not... I still have this little part of my mind that is hoping that the rules will change to allow us to travel.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
philwig wrote:
gbium wrote:
... (had BA cancel Vancouver flights too) ...
Well Canada's kind of closed and all.

Quite - I wasn't exactly surprised by the cancellation.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Our 7am Friday Bristol to Geneva flight seems to be cancelled, but instead moved us to a 1.30pm flight on the same day.

Can't actually see it going ahead yet, but you never know. Hoping best case scenario we can get away in March perhaps? But expecting no skiing this season.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easyjet have just cancelled my flight to GVA on a Monday morning in January and replaced it with a Sunday evening flight...so I now need to sort a hotel out as I am waiting for a mate to arrive from a different airport on the Monday morning!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hurdy, be careful hotels at GVA are across the road and a pain to get to. They also cost a fortune. I normally stay at the starling which is about £150/ night.

See if EZY will pay for the hotel or get a refund and book another airline.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@GlasgowCyclops, But don`t most of the hotels have free transfers to & fro the airport? Certainly the ones I looked at did a few years back.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My Easy Jet flights to Geneva for 2nd week Jan booked at the beginning of the year have been moved - a day prior for outbound and a day later for inbound which makes our 4night long weekend a 6night affair . . .looks like the trip will now be cancelled as this doesnt work for us . . . Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our Saturday Edinburgh to Geneva flights for January have been cancelled, as expected. We were automatically moved to a different flight (same day).

However, the way things are going I'm doubtful we would have been able to go anyway, and with the time changes we would have lost two days skiing. So we've opted to get a refund.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In the news too that Easyjet has cancelled more flights (and sold off some aircraft).

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-easyjet-eases-financial-pressure-as-lockdowns-force-flight-cuts-12125103

Only change for me today is a Fri evening flight in Jan moved to middle of the day. Which doesn't work as I'd need to take the day off work Sad Haven't decided what to do yet.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@GlasgowCyclops, I have booked the Ibis by the exhibition hall for a decent price with breakfast and, most importantly, free cancellation up until the time of check in if I need it. It is on the other side of the road but the hotel say it is a 700m walk and there is a bridge. I'm only going for a few days so won't have much stuff..
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
And it appears my EJ flight from Tel Aviv to Venice for January 30th disappeared from their schedule as well.
No announcement so far. They also cancelled flights to GVA for January.
First flight out is scheduled for February 2nd
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Montana wrote:
We have EJ flights as part of a package, Sunday flights, mid-January Man/GVA and return. The outbound is still showing, but the return has disappeared, as in no flights at all that day or a few days either side. I’ll wait for the TO to advise what they’re proposing but the whole trip has been looking improbable for a while, so just another nail in the coffin.
- have queried with the TO and its replied that the flights are confirmed, no change to the schedule.....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CaravanSkier wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, But don`t most of the hotels have free transfers to & fro the airport? Certainly the ones I looked at did a few years back.

Usually only the expensive ones and there is a wait sometimes. I use the Starling and they pick up. Happy

My point about the road was it looks like the hotels are walk out of the airport but they are not.

But it was during cooking time Happy

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 8-11-20 9:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just caught up on this thread. Immediately checked our March flights and we are impacted too. Our flight out is still ok, but our flight back has gone from the schedule. The flight has also disappeared from ‘my bookings’ on the app, yet is still in ‘my bookings’ on their web page.
I have had no confirmation/contact from EasyJet about the change.
There is a flight back the following day which will work for us so no major issue apart from extra expense of a day in resort. At least we get an extra days holiday.

How did EasyJet let other people know when they changed/cancelled a flight? I am amazed they have not emailed me to let me know.

Cheers
Smag
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@smagsmith, I think in many cases, EJ aren’t letting people know, presumably as the sooner they do, the quicker they’ll have to refund. That might be a cynical view, and perhaps others have had/are having a different experience
latest report
@smagsmith, My speculation is they are only refunding when they need to and are using the money to keep themselves flying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54454202

By doing the refunds closer to the time they will incoming bookings that will pay for the refunds when needed. I suspect they are gambling on an early vaccine.
ski holidays
@smagsmith, I’ve had emails advising flight times have changed MAN-MXP, initially the inbound from 11.00 hrs to 07.00 and recently the outbound from mid afternoon to mid morning, I haven’t looked at the online schedule, but I will to check it’s still operating.
ski holidays
swskier wrote:
Our 7am Friday Bristol to Geneva flight seems to be cancelled, but instead moved us to a 1.30pm flight on the same day.

Can't actually see it going ahead yet, but you never know. Hoping best case scenario we can get away in March perhaps? But expecting no skiing this season.

Flight home has now also been cancelled. Was supposed to be the mid afternoon Sunday flight, and now moved on to the 9pm flight, which we intentionally chose not to go for! Oh well.
snow report
geoffknight wrote:
@smagsmith, I’ve had emails advising flight times have changed MAN-MXP, initially the inbound from 11.00 hrs to 07.00 and recently the outbound from mid afternoon to mid morning, I haven’t looked at the online schedule, but I will to check it’s still operating.

I have had emails with small time changes to our flights, but it was only 30 mins or so, so not a problem. Have had nothing about cancelling flights though.
latest report
My return flight from Geneva to Bristol has been cancelled, and there isn't another flight time I can easily change to. I don't really want a refund voucher as I got the flight plus ski bags for £26, so there's no way I'll be able to get that sort of a deal with a voucher. My original flight out from Bristol is still running.

Question 1: Can I get a refund for both flights. It seems to only be offering me a refund on the cancelled flight, but obviously the flight out is now useless to me. It seems to be a very devious web page which is looking for one false click for you to have chosen a voucher, so I don't want to play around submitting forms unless I know what the result will be.

Anyone else had this situation and if so what was the result ?

Question 2 : Any idea how doing I have to make a decision ?

As I posted previously at the time of booking them, booking these was a cheap punt, and I should be prepared to lose my money.
snow conditions
eblunt wrote:
My return flight from Geneva to Bristol has been cancelled, and there isn't another flight time I can easily change to. I don't really want a refund voucher as I got the flight plus ski bags for £26, so there's no way I'll be able to get that sort of a deal with a voucher. My original flight out from Bristol is still running.

Question 1: Can I get a refund for both flights. It seems to only be offering me a refund on the cancelled flight, but obviously the flight out is now useless to me. It seems to be a very devious web page which is looking for one false click for you to have chosen a voucher, so I don't want to play around submitting forms unless I know what the result will be.

Anyone else had this situation and if so what was the result?

Our outward and return flights were both rescheduled a few days ago. When we applied for a refund, you had to select one or other of the flights to refund - there was no way of selecting both at the same time. Later in the refund form, there was a note stating "refunds will be applied to both the outward and return flight", so I'm 95% certain you should be able to get a refund for both. (We haven't got the refund yet - it was only the other day - but the form seemed straightforward enough.)

But yes, make sure not to click on the voucher button, no matter how many chances Easyjet give you to do so! It's easier to find the refund process on the desktop site than through the mobile site or app.

eblunt wrote:
Question 2: Any idea how doing I have to make a decision?

I was wondering that too.

eblunt wrote:
As I posted previously at the time of booking them, booking these was a cheap punt, and I should be prepared to lose my money.

I would be fairly confident of getting your money back, as long as EasyJet don't go bust (which I don't believe is imminent).
ski holidays
@eblunt, You will get a refund for both sectors even if only one is cancelled.
snow report
16 Jan 21 flight to Salzburg cancelled too. But at least the route to refund seems to be more efficient. I'll wait and see if they pay out within 10 days as promised.
latest report
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
16 Jan 21 flight to Salzburg cancelled too. But at least the route to refund seems to be more efficient. I'll wait and see if they pay out within 10 days as promised.

I think you have to wait for it to be "approved", before the 10 days kicks in (or at least that's how I understood it for our December flights). They take 30 days to check the validity of it and then pay it within 10 days, supposedly.
ski holidays
Maybe this thread needs re naming to closed?
snow report
brianatab wrote:
Maybe this thread needs re naming to closed?

Probably adding.... being cancelled.
ski holidays
With the vaccine news out today you might see the ones later in the season opening again
ski holidays
Guardian reporting 14 days down to 10 for quarantine or self isolation and even then at a cost of £150 each.
Can’t see that making much of a difference when Only 10% self isolate for a fortnight. Cutting 4 days at a significant cost won’t change many peoples opinions.
90% of infections can be picked up at 5 days which is a much shorter period which would increase compliance.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@gbium, Flying BA to YVR on 14 January - how far out did they cancel your flights?
snow report
I spoke to EasyJet today about our March flights. Although they admitted one of our flights is no longer on general sale, they said it was still scheduled to happen. They would not say if the flight in question was already full and hence off sale, but I doubt it is. They said they were working through the January schedule at the moment and letting customers know if any flights were cancelled. So it could be a while until they make a call on the March schedule.
They gave me an option to switch from the flight in question to the following day (which is still on sale) but I would have to pay an admin fee.
They also told me that if they do cancel it and there is no alternative flight within 5 hrs of the original flight, then they will issue a full refund for both flights.
They also said that if it is cancelled then I can switch to the following day for free.
Looks like my only option at the moment is to wait to see if the flight is cancelled then switch for free, assuming I can sort accommodation for an extra night.
ski holidays
denfinella wrote:
But yes, make sure not to click on the voucher button, no matter how many chances Easyjet give you to do so!

Indeed. This is from an article about airlines not refunding:

Quote:
Easyjet said: “For passengers who have chosen a voucher as compensation for their cancelled flight, we would only reverse this and offer a refund in exceptional circumstances as a gesture of goodwill if the customer’s circumstances justify it (eg. a school group no longer able to re-travel).”

https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/392077/airlines-refusing-to-refund-unused-travel-vouchers-for-cancelled-flights
ski holidays
@thelem, I don't really understand why anyone would take a voucher - isn't it just the cash equivalent of the flight , or is there something I'm missing ?
latest report
@smagsmith, they told me the same back in early September. It was obvious the flights would be cancelled. They have been cancelled today. They knew full well back in September they would be cancelled. I’m now flying BA.
snow conditions
NickyJ wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
Ben&sigs wrote:
EasyJet have just cancelled our flights to Innsbruck over Christmas, no alternatives either, looking like getting to the Alps is not going to be so easy now ......

Where were you flying out from?

1 Saturday flight to Innsbruck is still showing from Gatwick on the 19th. Which is the flight I have booked (there had been two flights out). I am not actually sure if I am pleased by this or not... I still have this little part of my mind that is hoping that the rules will change to allow us to travel.

I know we were supposed to be going at roughly the same time @NickyJ, but my outbound leg was cancelled the other day. EJ proposed moving us to a later flight on the same day, but I took the opportunity of requesting a refund. Disappointing, yes, but trivial in the greater scheme of things.
ski holidays
@eblunt, I don't know about EasyJet right now, but there are two main tactics travel companies are using to get people to choose vouchers. BA are quoted in the article saying you can get a voucher by filling in a form, but if you want a refund you have to phone up. I imagine there's a long wait on those phone lines, so if you think you'll use a voucher it's easier to just fill in the form. Companies have also been offering a voucher worth more than the flight or holiday being refunded.
latest report
@eblunt, it's harder to find out how to get an EasyJet refund than it is to accept the voucher, e.g. you have to click past several pages where the voucher is offered, with messages like: "If you'd prefer, you can apply for a refund for the cost of your flight. Click HERE for your voucher." (i.e. if you select the click here, you've lost your chance to get a refund).

EasyJet do also have a few incentives attached to the voucher option - for example, I think you get back 5% more than you paid, and some in-flight credit for food or drink.
snow report
Awdbugga wrote:
@smagsmith, they told me the same back in early September. It was obvious the flights would be cancelled. They have been cancelled today. They knew full well back in September they would be cancelled. I’m now flying BA.

@Awdbugga, Having seen your post I've just checked my emails and I haven't received any notification about cancellation from Easyjet (did you receive email notification?). However, I've logged in to view my booking and both the outbound flight from Manchester on 22nd Jan and the return from Venice on 6th Feb are now shown as cancelled with the message "We are very sorry your flight has been cancelled. Please choose a free flight change to another flight". I see there is a "manage disruption" link, however I won't want vouchers, I'll apply for a refund.

I made an alternative booking some time back with BA from Heathrow as an insurance (flying out on Sat 23rd Jan, so I won't be needing a Friday transfer to Alleghe), hopefully that will still operate and the preBBWUW will still be running! snowHead

Edit: I've just completed the online refund application form and received a confirmation email from them. There's a link in the email to where you can track the status of your refund. Having applied for a refund today it looks like I won't get the refund paid into my account until 20th December (obviously the delay helps their cashflow!).....

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 10-11-20 20:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, Thus far BA seem to be behaving far better than squeazyjet.
latest report
@Alastair Pink, same as you, I have not received an email. #missnutmeg Whatsapp'd me to say she'd checked the EasyJet app and saw it had been cancelled.
snow report
Ditto the Fri, 29 January 2021 (Bristol 09:15 to Venice Marco Polo 12:20). Return is still valid though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy