Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet flights winter 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
@denfinella, do you mean showing up on your own list of bookings or if you do a new search? I think most people can still see the flights listed as a live booking when they log into their EJ account but they don't exist when you do a search now. It seems to be across too wide a range of times, dates and airports to believe they are all full .
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@toyah807, I'm afraid it doesn't look like the case of full flights aren't showing.
EJ used to do 2 flights on a Friday from Edinburgh, 06.30 & 17.45. I have looked at every Friday through their winter schedule & its is only showing the 06.30 flight.
It has really screwed my weekends up.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, so I phoned EJ this morning about my flight. It had been removed from the booking schedule despite not being full-the call centre operator could confirm that from their current booking details.
After conversations with a colleague, all she could say is that it was currently NOT cancelled according to their systems, but if it were to be cancelled, we would be offered alternative flight options on the same day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've just checked and our half term flights from Birmingham to GVA are still showing as OK, as are some other weekend filghts in March..?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any idea what happens when the cancel your outbound leg only and you apply for a refund? There doesn’t seem to be an option to claim a refund on the return flight?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowhound, Caution. Our October cancellation does not offer alternative flights on the same day. All it does is offer voucher, refund or rebooking for free.
The rebooking just pitches you back into the booking system to find flights for yourself. Available flights will not necessarily be on same dates or same airport even.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So let's say you booked a Friday evening flight & got it at the ridiculous cheap price of £24.99. EJ have now cancelled that flight and your only options are the 06.30 Friday morning (can't do as kids at school) or the 11.00 on the Saturday but that's currently sitting at £338.
Can you opt for the Saturday flight at no extra cost to you?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do you think part of this is a cunning plan to make people pay the going rate? You book them cheap, the flight is cancelled and you book again for c£300 a seat!? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Can you opt for the Saturday flight at no extra cost to you?

Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
EJ have cancelled all Manchester Geneva flights from the end of September to 6 November - not an issue for skiing, but they’re obviously cutting back on capacity significantly. They’re showing as running a fairly normal Man-GVA programme after December.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have also just called EJ and got the customer service that I thought I would get.
1) "it's months away, you need to call us nearer the time"
2) if it's still showing on your Managed you flights, it's still going ahead
3) we are constantly changing out schedule on a daily basis, so don't worry about it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I guess that if people keep searching for/booking flights from a particular airport then some might get reinstated. Particularly if the remaining services fill up.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jonny996, Was told there would be no charge payable for a flight which is more expensive than the original booked and cancelled.
I've found some cheap flights on another airline (£35 each one way which is what I need) so I might book those in expectation of my EJ being cancelled?
There are 4 or 5 other flights between Gatwick and Geneva that day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As so many snowHead s use EasyJet, I wonder if a dedicated thread about changes/cancellations would be useful, in what looks likely to be a very unpredictable season?

Any thoughts anyone? Something like ‘EasyJet flight changes & cancellations winter 20/21’ ??

Could be a useful quick reference, as well as highlighting how their customer service is performing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonny996 wrote:
So if they have cancelled a flight, what legal obligations do they have? Do they have to find & pay for another flight for you or is it a simple refund

Well according to the CAA they should find you another flight.

Link here [url=https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/Delays-cancellations/Cancellations/Short-haul-cancellations/][/url]

Whether they will or not remains to be seen. You may have to book your own and take them to court.
latest report
stuartrose wrote:
Well according to the CAA they should find you another flight.

But with the current upheavals in the industry, no guarantee that it will be on the same day, or from the same airport, or a direct flight, or ...
ski holidays
Yes, hence me saying you may have to book yourself and take them to court.

The CAA is fairly clear though, using the word "must": -

"If you still want to travel, your airline must find you an alternative flight. It’s up to you whether to fly as soon as possible after the cancelled flight, or at a later date that suits you. Airlines often refer to this as being ‘rerouted’.

Although most airlines will book you onto another of their flights to the same destination, if an alternative airline is flying there significantly sooner then you may have the right to be booked onto that flight instead."

The airlines and travel industry like playing fast and loose with the law when it comes to matters like this (hence them all trying to avoid refunding package bookings within 14 days). If you have the will / tenacity they will lose in the small claims court - but I appreciate that is not for everyone.

The other point being they should switch you at no cost.
ski holidays
Has anyone managed to get a straight answer from EasyJet regarding the 'disappearing' flights. I have tried and got the reply that they have been removed from sale which means either sold out (unlikely in my opinion) or withdrawn from sale to stop anyone else booking on. But the flight isn't necessarily cancelled according to EasyJet! So that is as clear as mud (and fairly similar to what others have posted).

Other options looking very pricey at the moment as half term so I don't just want to pay for extra flights. Plus I do feel a bit bad that we can cancel without penalty for some of the accommodation and if we were going to do that I would rather give as much notice as possible to the owner to allow them a chance to resell.
snow report
@bastathecat, I hope to be proven wrong but doubt we’ll get a straight answer on these ‘disappearing flights’.

I suspect, to help cash flow, cancellation will be delayed as long as possible. Then timescales for refunds could be lengthy.
ski holidays
Whenever they cancel they have to offer either a refund or an alternative flight. But they only have to pay compensation on top of that if they give less than 14 days notice. Up to that point some customers will self-cancel for various reasons, when Easyjet avoid all costs. So from a purely financial perspective (as well as for cashflow) it is in their interests to only actually cancel a flight 15 days in advance - even if internally they might have already made the decision, and perhaps have already reserved alternative flights for everyone.

For PR purposes they might decide to cancel a bit earlier.
latest report
@ecureuil, good points.

Maybe the PR / customer goodwill factor is the best lever to encourage early notification of flight changes and cancellations?

If so, maybe the more customers make direct contact with EasyJet to raise questions and concerns about flights the better Puzzled
snow conditions
@PeakyB, I wouldnt be so confident. Have a look at the EZY twitter feed. Lots of people waiting 4 months for a refund.

If I was to go into wild speculation mode, here is a scenario. Lots of people due a refund. EZY using the money from flights they know wont go ahead to refund them.

EZY hoping that everything will get back to normal on a reduced schedule and when they then have to refund your Jan/feb flights, they will use the money from next years summer season to refund you in July/Aug 2021. IE they are delaying to keep themselves afloat.
latest report
Go straight to the top. Email the CEO

johan.lundgren@easyjet.com
latest report
@GlasgowCyclops, yes I’m not expecting any early notification of flight cancellations if I’m honest.

I think the scenario you describe is a very likely one. Johan Lundgren, CEO, has made it clear the airline is in survival mode. When I booked early for next winter I was well aware of the risk of cancellations.

I really hope EasyJet pull through this. Their schedules from provincial airports suit me.Their balance between cost and service level acceptable too. Much better than their main rival I think.
ski holidays
@PeakyB, I agree. I wouldn't like to see any airline collapse because competition breeds good prices. I've always found Easyjet to be a good airline. Well organised at checkin, boarding etc etc. I wouldn't fly Ryanair because I don't like the "experience".

There is no doubt that EZY flying keeps BA prices down.
ski holidays
@GlasgowCyclops, And talking of keeping BA prices down; just booked return lgw to Turin for Jan/Feb. Busines class, so 2x32 kg (therefore no ski/baggage add one), for under £200. And if they cancel I'll happily take the voucher and use it at a later date as it's valid till April 2022.
snow report
@esaw1, exactly. I booked Glasgow to Venice for the birthday bash. £320 and used avoid to take it down to £250.

I'm still BA gold because I got an extension and I need the tier points ( useful to get into the Asia 1st class lounges)

Also business booked so no one will be next to me. Happy

Worth the extra to socially distance Happy
snow report
@esaw1, Just been looking thanks to your prompt. I got on the VCE to LHR that was £140 more than the LGW flight at the tie of booking. They looked up my booking and said. Ahh you booked in the fully flex window, You can change destination or stopover airport etc etc. Changed to better flight and a refund of £4 and 700 avios.
Now here is the weird thing. The BA lady's name was Arabba Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guess Arabba sounds a lot better than Obergurgl or Grindlewald or...
ski holidays
Our half term flights are Friday evening & they are the ones not showing now, I got in at the start and only paid £25 for them.
The next flight EJ offer that we could take is the Saturday morning, currently at £338. I’m sure EJ will wait until they have sold that flight out at high prices before officially cancelling ours & taking that opportunity to switch away
snow report
Jonny-yes I thought that is what will happen. They will give themselves every chance to sell the seats on the remaining flights at £100s each, before officially cancelling other flights (including mine) and then offering a refund or the last seat on the 11.30 pm Gatwick departure. I'm looking at some cheap Swiss flights on the same day in expectation of my EJ ones being cancelled.
latest report
Does anyone know what would happen if the EJ flights our TO has us booked on (MAN/GVA mid January) as part of a package, were to be cancelled? Would the TO have to find us alternatives? Could they charge more if those alternatives are now more expensive (to them)?
snow conditions
@Montana, if you have booked a package including flights then it would be 100% down to the TO to sort out an alternative - both flight and transfer. Fairly sure it is totally at their expense. It should be on the same day, but won't necessarily be from or to the same airports.
snow conditions
@Montana, crystal just changed our flights in Jan from Glasgow to Newcastle. Total pita!
latest report
@JimboS, at least they are pretending you are still going
snow report
@JimboS, at least you don’t have to go past Glasgow airport to get to Newcastle. Still a major PITA Sad
ski holidays
Our Edinburgh Verona flights in December have also been dissapeared but not cancelled. So our pre Christmas Maddona trip is also almost certainly off.
snow report
ecureuil wrote:
@Montana, if you have booked a package including flights then it would be 100% down to the TO to sort out an alternative - both flight and transfer. Fairly sure it is totally at their expense. It should be on the same day, but won't necessarily be from or to the same airports.

There is usually a clause that allows a Tour Operator to pass on additional costs.
ski holidays
Watching this thread has convinced me to do my utmost to avoid easyJet in the future. As yet, not even Ryanair have sunk so low!
ski holidays
I may be in a slighty luckier position than anyone sorting a bigger group or with accommodation already added......i booked two cheap EJ flights in April (for March 21) with the 99p luggage offers accepting it was a gamble but with eyes open at those prices. My LPL-SZG flight has disappeared and cannot see it being reinstated so i have just changed it on the EJ website. No idea whether it was because they are similar prices for the base flight but when selecting a MAN-GVA April combo instead i was told that the cost of the new flight was £0.00 as it was more than 14 days in advance. It also carried over my luggage and skis, the thing I was expecting to suddenly bump up the cost at the current rates of £20 per bag per flight or thereabouts. So a sort of thumbs up from me as i paid about £50 in total and booking the same today would be £157 inc bags and skis (which i dont own but thats another story!)
There were a couple of stages to go through before actually confirming (i had to submit my password before final confirmation) so if you did pay £50 for a flight and the alternatives you are considering are now £300 it may be worth actually clicking on change flight in your EJ account and checking what the cost of the new flight is. You can always back out before actually confirming the new flights, if that makes sense.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy