Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift Pass refunds for Covid 19

Poster: A snowHead
No refunds for Grand Massif, just some discount and benefits when buying one for next season...................just got an email

Service clients (Grand Massif)

Dear subscriber,

First and foremost, we hope that this finds you in good health.
On March 15th, the Grand Massif ski area was obliged, along with our entire industry, to make the necessary decision, in agreement with the operating and public authorities, to close access to the ski area in order to slow the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Thus the winter season came to an abrupt and premature end.

You had decided to sign up for the season in order to fully enjoy the Grand Massif ski area during winter 2019-2020 and we are very grateful for your business.
You are one of our most loyal customers and we would like to show our appreciation.
These past weeks have been, as they have been for everyone, particularly complicated to organise and we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.

In response to your email, we are pleased to offer you a discount of 36€, off every 2020-2021 season pass in your order, valid as soon as online ticket sales open and until 01/12/2020.
This discount is equivalent to maintaining the same price as the 2019-2020 season pass, since the annual forecasted increase for our passes is:
Adult winter season pass at 525€ instead of 1 050€ until 01/12/2020
Junior winter season pass at 325€ instead of 650€ until 01/12/2020

We will also automatically extend your pass to include access during the 2021 summer season (worth 50€, excluding the Bike Park in Les Carroz), in order to give you the opportunity to discover the joys of being in the mountains in summer.

Further to your comments, we are pleased to announce the following changes:
-The winter season pricing category is now up to the age of 20 for juniors.
-The option of spreading payment.

Finally, for all of your 2020-2021 season pass orders, we will offer unconditional free of charge cancellation if your passes are not used during the course of the winter season.

An email will be sent to you as soon as our online ticket sales open and will include instructions for obtaining all of your advantages
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zorrac wrote:
No refunds for Grand Massif, just some discount and benefits when buying one for next season...................just got an email

Service clients (Grand Massif)

Dear subscriber,

First and foremost, we hope that this finds you in good health.
On March 15th, the Grand Massif ski area was obliged, along with our entire industry, to make the necessary decision, in agreement with the operating and public authorities, to close access to the ski area in order to slow the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Thus the winter season came to an abrupt and premature end.

You had decided to sign up for the season in order to fully enjoy the Grand Massif ski area during winter 2019-2020 and we are very grateful for your business.
You are one of our most loyal customers and we would like to show our appreciation.
These past weeks have been, as they have been for everyone, particularly complicated to organise and we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.

In response to your email, we are pleased to offer you a discount of 36€, off every 2020-2021 season pass in your order, valid as soon as online ticket sales open and until 01/12/2020.
This discount is equivalent to maintaining the same price as the 2019-2020 season pass, since the annual forecasted increase for our passes is:
Adult winter season pass at 525€ instead of 1 050€ until 01/12/2020
Junior winter season pass at 325€ instead of 650€ until 01/12/2020

We will also automatically extend your pass to include access during the 2021 summer season (worth 50€, excluding the Bike Park in Les Carroz), in order to give you the opportunity to discover the joys of being in the mountains in summer.

Further to your comments, we are pleased to announce the following changes:
-The winter season pricing category is now up to the age of 20 for juniors.
-The option of spreading payment.

Finally, for all of your 2020-2021 season pass orders, we will offer unconditional free of charge cancellation if your passes are not used during the course of the winter season.

An email will be sent to you as soon as our online ticket sales open and will include instructions for obtaining all of your advantages

A season pass for €489! Shocked Wow! Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Zorrac, that's odd. Isn't the Grand Massif lift company owned by CDA? CDA also owns the lift companies in Paradiski (Les Arcs and La Plagne) and I got a 25% refund on my season pass.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bergmeister, yes it is good value, which is great but does have a drawback.............. it gets so very busy now, esp saturdays which used to be quiet

@rob@rar, I think Flaine, Morillon, Samoens are all CDA, but les carroz is Soremac and i think it is separate
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Zorrac, thanks. Perhaps that explains the different refund policy. From what I've seen all the CDA lift companies have offered a refund of around 20-25%, but perhaps non-CDA companies have taken a different approach.

Thos season pass prices for next year are amazing!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
CdA sites here

https://www.compagniedesalpes.com/en/brands-and-sites
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@rob@rar, @chocksaway, Serre Che also CDA but only getting 127€ back which is around 17% I think . Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've had the following email today from Val Thorens lift company:

"The 3 Vallées ski area was closed from Sunday 15th March 2020, by virtue of municipal decrees taken in application of the Order of 14th March 2020 of the Minister of Solidarity and Health carrying various measures relating to the fight against the spread of the Covid-19 virus.

The amount of the reimbursement is calculated on the basis of the comparative statistical analysis of consumption of the season passes over the previous 4 seasons compared to the consumption of the 19-20 season.

This is a case of force majeure which entitles you to a partial refund of your season pass, up to €156,95.

You will receive the bank transfer of this amount in the coming days."

I have no idea how they have worked that out. Our season passes cost us the best part of €1300 each and, on average, we ski between 45 - 50 days each winter in the 3 Valleys. This year we skied 23 days before CV-19 kicked in - but had another 23 days booked to ski (or 29 days in the case of Mrs B.

The refund amounts to approx 12.5% - about half of the Espace Killy refund... Better than a kick up the ar5e, though wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nothing yet from the Chamonix lift operator.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Zorrac, make you wonder if we should look at buying our passes in Flaine/Morillon/Samoens next year. We've never even thought about the different lift companies in the single ski area potentially following different policies. Time for a read of the small print of Ts and Cs...............
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We paid 685 euro for our paradiski season passes for which we have been promised a 214.7 refund. In other words a 31% refund. The money was supposed to appear in our bank account at the end of April. It still has not appeared.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnE wrote:
We paid 685 euro for our paradiski season passes for which we have been promised a 214.7 refund. In other words a 31% refund. The money was supposed to appear in our bank account at the end of April. It still has not appeared.
Did you pay by credit card originally? When I submitted my refund claim I supplied my bank account details, but when I received the email confirming the refund it said they would reimburse the payment to eh credit card I used to pay for the lift pass. I've not double checked my credit card statement yet to see if the refund has been paid, but I'm not expecting it to arrive at my Credit Agricole account.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mrs B and I have today received a credit to our UK bank account of £135 each, from SETAM, Val Thorens.

Though not as much (%-wise) as some, it's more than we envisaged a month ago. A very quick and efficient response from the lift company - but still (as far as I can see) no mention of it on the website. It seems a bit sneaky that customers have to ask... rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was told by the insurance company that I had to contact the lift pass operator and to get proof they were not providing refunds for season passes. I contacted saint Gervais lift pass office yesterday and today I received an email with what looks like a credit card refund of 126euros for 2 lift passes, which I am delighted with. However, that turned out to be random weirdness and they have said that I can have 100e off next season passes. Opted for letter for insurance.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 5-06-20 10:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rob@rar, yes I paid by UK debit card and gave my CA bank details for refund as requested. The bank helps itself to about 5% of each transaction so I would prefer it if the money stayed in euros.
I have emailed the lift company about the delay but do not expect a rapid response.
snow report
johnE wrote:
I have emailed the lift company about the delay but do not expect a rapid response.
Please let me know if you hear anything from them.
snow conditions
Compagnie du Montblanc just sent this.

“ Hello,
We will contact all customer at the beginning of June to explain procedure.
Regards”

I’m not spending it just yet.
snow report
@andy1234, I finally got an email reply from the 3V's with a very official looking attachment stating my refund amount. In typical French fashion I had to reply by snail mail with my RIB details so they can process my €162 refund. So result in the end and the email address that worked for me in Mottaret was contact@s3v.com
latest report
@skimottaret, we are talking France here - I am surprised they didn't ask you to fax the details to them.
latest report
I hear you and also surprised they didnt insist on registered post.. Wink
snow report
€318 combined refund for me and Mr P from 3V. I don’t know if that was the same for each of us..I think I may have skied a few more days than him. Still, a good contribution towards next season.
snow report
Bit lax of me reporting back but I had my refund from SAP La Plagne paid into my French bank account on May 17th Very Happy
So that will go toward next seasons snowHead
ski holidays
The Salzburg Super Ski Card (and, I presume, the Kitzbüheler Alpen Card) are giving €45 (for adults) off next season's pass to those who bought 2019/20 season ticket: see €45 reduction but no extension over the summer season.
ski holidays
Tirol pass has extended passes till the 2nd August for anyone living here is AUT at the moment. Which is great news for getting around in the mountains this summer.
ski holidays
Got a payment into our account today, but not the promised amount.
latest report
The Compagnie du Montblanc have written with the following offers.
1 a free summer pass
2 a free pass 15/3 - 31/5 2021
3 a season pass 2021 discounted to 750
4 13% refund. About €130.
snow conditions
@jbob, Yes I just got that - entirely in French so it took me a while to decipher it! Now have to decide on the likelihood of being in Cham next season (given that transfer driving is no longer possible for UK passport holders) to decide which one to go for.
snow conditions
@jbob,

Pretty paltry offer imo:

1 a free summer pass - but my annual pass already covers the summer
2 a free pass 15/3 - 31/5 2021 - not much good if I intend to ski earlier in the season
3 a season pass 2021 discounted to 750 - don't quite follow the maths on their email, are they saying it would have been 827, now it's 750, and is the 50 off included in that or what?
4 13% refund. About €130. - well I wouldn't get that much as I don't pay the 1300 they quoted as an example

So really it will boil down to whether I'm best getting the 13% (maybe £90) or the discount. I'm not clear how much the discount is actually worth, nor am I clear if the 13% refund would stop me using the pass this summer? Still, the only reason the refund etc is low value is because the pass is (relatively) cheap in the first place.

I have said elsewhere that it wouldn't burn me to get nothing back, and essentially I stand by that, but as so much with CdMB it's the half arsed attempt at customer service that actually ends up putting your back up.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@RobinS, not sure it's any less confusing if your French is better (which mine isn't btw).
snow conditions
@midgetbiker, The way I read it was that the 13% is of the 1055, which is what we paid for our passes, so 137 refund makes sense. I also did not "expect" anything, so 137 each back is better than a smack in the gob! (if I can jump through the correct hoops to get it!)
ski holidays
stantonrider wrote:
Tirol pass has extended passes till the 2nd August for anyone living here is AUT at the moment. Which is great news for getting around in the mountains this summer.

Good for anyone who has the Snowcard. Not so good for those (like me) who have the Freizietticket Sad No info so far from FZT Tirol, but someone on the FB group worked out that the lost usage amounted to about 100€. The pass costs just over 500€ and lasts all year (finishes Sept 30th, I think), so it makes sense to hold on to it and TBH it wouldn't really hurt me to get nothing, but something like a 100€ discount off next year's pass for 2020 customers would be a nice gesture. However, I got a sense that people were reluctant to push too hard on that in case the scheme gets folded, as it is good value and it would be bad to lose it.
latest report
RobinS wrote:
@midgetbiker, The way I read it was that the 13% is of the 1055, which is what we paid for our passes, so 137 refund makes sense. I also did not "expect" anything, so 137 each back is better than a smack in the gob! (if I can jump through the correct hoops to get it!)

I’m also not sure how to get my 13%. I do know there is a 30/6 cut off. If you figure it out let me know.
Thanks.
snow conditions
I’ve completed a claim here.
https://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/dispositif-special-covid-19-mont-blanc-unlimited-saison/?pk_campaign_email=212&pk_campaign=32&_oid=2726&utm_campaign=25%2F05%2F20%20-%20COMMUNIQUE%20MBU%20Saison&utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email%20campagne

Went for option 4.
snow conditions
@jbob, @RobinS

So for my family to all get our annual MBU on last years Super Promo Prive Club (or whatever it's called) it cost me €2208. If I take the 13% I get €287 back, that bit is pretty clear.
What I'm not so sure on:

Does the pass then still work this summer (I'm really hoping to get out for a couple of weeks, not least to check on the apt)? I reckon it will, as the refund is for the closed period, hence the 13%.

What price do I then pay for next years annual? Is the implication that I don't get to access SPPC at all (in which case it costs me a LOT more), or do I get SPPC as I have for the last several years but just not the additional €50 discount (in which case that's worth losing, for the refund).

It's probably not maths that either of you guys need to do, as @RobinS you don't know if you'll be back with the future of transfer driving so flaky, @jbob you could choose to ski anywhere (maybe back to Italy to support them). So you guys would logically plump for the bird in the hand refund.

I probably need @under a new name or someone else in a more similar position to me (but with way better French) to find out.
ski holidays
@jbob, Trying to do my claim now - for the family member I bought the pass for - what do they mean by "Intitule du forfait"?
snow conditions
@RobinS, it translates as “package title“ which I took to mean for me Montblanc Unlimited Saison.
I might be wrong.
snow report
Popped into the lift pass office here this morning and had to mask up. They said that they have a lot to deal with but for those who paid by card on the internet there would be a refund to the card from mid June. I didn't ask how much.
snow conditions
@jbob, I guessed that as well! (after a bit of deliberation)
snow conditions
There are 2 types of MBU - the Saison and the Annuel. When you click through on the options button both emails go through to the same page. This is quite confusing to holders of the Annuel, who are then given the option of a free summer pass, when their annual pass already provides this. This has lead to a debate amongst annual ticket holders whether if they take the refund they are forfeiting their rights for the summer. The second area of confusion is the €50 discount. It is calculated against the 2019/2020 price, which was €803 for a chamonix resident. CMB are implying that the equivalent price was intended to increase to €827 for 2020/21, but that was pre-covid. There are a lot of factors to consider before they finalise the price for next year.
On the face of it, the uncertainty over both the conditions and the experience next year, make the refund look like the best financial option. Nevertheless, many might go for the Club Privee for many reasons including acting altruistically or the risk that the CMB decides to hike the price in the face of falling visitor numbers to cover costs (i.e. the hard core will pay anyway, the undecided will probably not come regardless of the ticket price if they can't get a flight or other key component).
At least, that is how I understand it so far...
snow report
@midgetbiker, @22 dropout, I've been trying to work this out too, and am just as confused!

I have an annual pass, will hopefully get to use it a couple of times (late) summer, and will likely want to buy another in Club Privee...

I'm still not sure what to do re. refund vs club privee discount.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy