Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Waymaker Carbon 100 tongue torn off inner boot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son's Waymaker is about 4 years old, has not seen too much abuse at all and he was suddenly holding the tongue of one of the boots in his hand when putting it on. You do not need a great deal of force to put this boot on. I ski the Waymaker Carbon 120 and I have skied his before. In all my time skiing I have never had a problem like this.

I was then really surprised about Atomic's reply. They suggested that I look at the parts page, ... oh sorry we do not do inner boots as parts. Oh, can I be of any other help....
So basically said between the lines F.O. This is quite stark for a product that has seen about 5 weeks of use.

When I googled torn tongue, there was the odd report. Also I would have thought some more help from a large manufacturer like this.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And your question, caller, is what exactly? Maybe it was poorly stitched? BUt out of warranty after 4 years. Equally, if your son was pulling directly on it, that's not what it's there for.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
First off, contacting the manufacturer is a waste of time - it's like contacting Ford and complaining that your headlight bulb is broken - there's a reason they have dealers/retailers.

If the stitching has come undone/broken then just take them to a cobblers and get then to re-stitch it back in. Take the good liner with you so they can see where/how etc.

If the tongue has snapped then you can buy replacement factory liners. They come in pairs and they're not expensive. The replacement liners are listed in the Amer Spare Parts List and any Amer (Atomic or Salomon) dealer can order them for you. Not sure if the Waymaker liner is still available but there are others that'll work. I suggest contacting your supplying retailer/boot fitter and they can check on availability or will know what alternatives will work.

Boot fitters also often have factory liners 'knocking about' from when they fit custom liners in brand new boots and the customer doesn't want the original liner.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This was not really a question.

I put it in here because I was surprised about a) the fact that tongues come off inner boots. This one tore right through what looks like a preforated line for the stitching.
And b) Atomic's reply.
The dealer is too far away to address and would probably even more shunt the problem after a few years.

We live in Leicester and I do not know any boot fitters around this area, being from Nottingham I wonder whether you know anyone close by.

The Atomic website did not have much to offer and I have not come across AMER but will have a look.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gazdok wrote:
This was not really a question.

I put it in here because I was surprised about a) the fact that tongues come off inner boots. This one tore right through what looks like a preforated line for the stitching.
And b) Atomic's reply.
The dealer is too far away to address and would probably even more shunt the problem after a few years.

We live in Leicester and I do not know any boot fitters around this area, being from Nottingham I wonder whether you know anyone close by.

The Atomic website did not have much to offer and I have not come across AMER but will have a look.

Have you never had anything break before?

You could actually try emailing or telephoning your supplying retailer and asking them. How do you know they'll shunt the problem if you've not even asked them.

The Atomic website has a store locator if you'd have used their search function ( https://www.atomic.com/en-gb/dealerlocator ). Or if you'd have googled 'Atomic ski boot dealers UK' then that link would have come up at the top of the list. There's a number of dealers not far from you (Tallington Lakes, EB's, Lockwoods etc) and Atomic's leading dealer in the UK (and one of the very top guys in the game) is Colin at Solutions4Feet in Bicester.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just duct tape it back on or slide it back in once he's put the boots on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy