Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Easter flights 2020 shared experiences

Poster: A snowHead
Use the little envelope button on the Easyjet twitter page. They are only open between 9 and 5pm so might not work now.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ahh, don't do Twitter
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have tried to get them on social media, Facebook messenger and Twitter, but just getting automated replies, have noticed there is an option to request a voucher on their change flights page, is that new this morning? Still can find a refund option...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yup also got a voucher option for my daughters flight that was due to leave this evening. Still no refund.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
and their FAQ has changed, no mention of refunds

My flight has been cancelled, what are my options?

As you may be aware, strict travel restrictions have been implemented by authorities for flights and citizens arriving and departing from some countries. As a result of these extraordinary circumstances, your flight may have been cancelled. If your flight is cancelled you can transfer to another flight for free, or select to get an easyJet voucher that you can redeem at a later date by selecting “manage disruption” in Manage Bookings

and the voucher is still useless for us folk wanting to ski Easter 2021!!

The voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. The voucher can only be used on easyJet.com using the same easyJet account as the original booking. Not available on the mobile app. The voucher code must be entered on the payment page prior to completion of the booking. Only one voucher can be used per booking.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski wrote:
and their FAQ has changed, no mention of refunds

My flight has been cancelled, what are my options?

As you may be aware, strict travel restrictions have been implemented by authorities for flights and citizens arriving and departing from some countries. As a result of these extraordinary circumstances, your flight may have been cancelled. If your flight is cancelled you can transfer to another flight for free, or select to get an easyJet voucher that you can redeem at a later date by selecting “manage disruption” in Manage Bookings

and the voucher is still useless for us folk wanting to ski Easter 2021!!

The voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. The voucher can only be used on easyJet.com using the same easyJet account as the original booking. Not available on the mobile app. The voucher code must be entered on the payment page prior to completion of the booking. Only one voucher can be used per booking.

Interesting - it depends a little on when they release the Easter 2021 flights. They are normally released at the end of Sept/start of October, but with half term flights released early then I guess Easter flights could be released early too (the release dates page on the website has been cleared, indicating that the normal schedule is out of the window). The 6mths voucher takes you up to end of September, so it could work. Lots of ifs obviously.

That said, I don't even see this voucher option yet. In fact, even though Easyjet have emailed me to say the flight is cancelled, it's still appears as if it is live on the website/app.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The voucher is not clear, say I was supposed to be travelling me & youngest & the total came to £200.
Does the voucher give me £200 to use on any easyJet flight booked within next 6 months regardless of who is travelling or does it just give me & youngest 1 return flight each on original route?
The later doesn’t give anything more than the transfer that was already on offer, the former gives me £200 to use on any flight with anyone & that I could use
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A quick update to say that our flights that were cancelled way back at the beginning of March (while there was still a refund button) haven't yet been refunded either. The relevant page says "refund being processed".
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cancelled flight 18th March, requested refund. As above "refund being processed". £900 family flight to Greece at Easter
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So my flight is now appearing as cancelled - well, the outbound one is but the inbound still looks live, how does that work? They can't expect me to get that surely! I see the voucher option but can't see any link to any terms & conditions?!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Handy Turnip, that happened to us at the start of the month, but we were able to refund both flights (though still being processed, as mentioned above).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Copied from The Independent's website (I think of yesterday):

"After Canada became the first major country to allow airlines to offer travel vouchers rather than cash refunds for cancelled flights, airlines in the UK are urging the government to do the same. The Canadian Transport Agency said: “An appropriate approach in the current context could be for airlines to provide affected passengers with vouchers or credits for future travel, as long as these vouchers or credits do not expire in an unreasonably short period of time.” It said that a two-year validity would be considered “reasonable”.
Airlines UK, representing British Airways, easyJet, Jet2, TUI Airways and Virgin Atlantic, has asked the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) for a “refund holiday” until the coronavirus pandemic is over. Most carriers have closed down their operations almost completely as a combination of diminished demand and arbitrary flight restrictions make flying increasingly difficult.
Collectively, airlines are holding billions in fares paid for future journeys, which in most cases – at least in the UK and European Union – they are obliged to pay back when they cancel flights. The deadline set by European air passengers’ rights rules is seven days.
The airlines’ organisation said: “Carriers should also be permitted to issue vouchers instead of refunds.”
If the passenger insists on cash, rather than alternative flights, Airlines UK said: “Carriers should be permitted to defer payment.” But crucially, the airlines want the deadline to be defined by the volume of air traffic, rather than an specific time limit.
The European rules also applies for journeys on other carriers that begin in the UK or EU. But giant international airlines, including Emirates and United, have announced global schemes that effectively mean grounded passengers are given an IOU repayable in a year. Travellers get a voucher to the value of their booking, but if they choose not to use it they are promised a full refund.
While Ryanair continues to provide an obvious online refund portal, British Airways and easyJet have chosen to disable the refund option from their websites – telling passengers to telephone to ask for their money back.
Meanwhile, travel agents in Scotland are demanding the UK government organises an airlift similar to the “Operation Matterhorn” organised by the Civil Aviation Authority after the failure of Thomas Cook in September 2019."

So - not looking stunningly hopeful for those of us who want and need a cash refund... Sad Puzzled Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Grizzler, interesting read, thanks for finding.

I think a lot of people wouldnt mind the voucher approach but it has to be fair. The current approach of offering just a 6 month window (with conditions attached) feels a bit sneaky.

A validity of at least a year, with a refund at the end if you don't use it sounds fair to me.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 29-03-20 20:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Grizzler, thanks for the info - If it stops the airlines going under then only fair really. But a year voucher would be much better!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Handy Turnip, I’d agree, 12 month validity of the voucher with refund if you cannot use it would seem fair for those that can afford it and want to defer their travel for a year backed up by the government/trade organisation should they go bankrupt.

I think I’ll give this another day or 2 to see what pans out before e mailing and writing to them stating that they are currently illegally* forcing me to accept a voucher in lieu of a refund with the alternative of losing money due to not claiming or booking an alternative flight that I don’t want.

I presume that the 6 month voucher can be used for flights 6 months+ ? e.g. use voucher in summer for a winter flight?

*from what I read above they are currently acting illegally but I am not a lawyer.
ski holidays
I have an EJ flight to Spain in early May, which is extremely unlikely to happen but still showing as ‘live’. I could change without fee, but would then have to pay the difference if more expensive; no reimbursement if it’s cheaper - I have no other flight requirements within the available window, so would prefer a refund as it wasn’t particularly cheap. I WOULD accept a voucher if it had a long shelf life, 6 months is of no use. HOWEVER, all of this is moot, as it is impossible to make contact with them by telephone, or receive a reply via email, Twitter, DM, etc,. EJ are being absolutely roasted on social media, due to this lack of communication and for removing the refund option. If I get either my money back, or an acceptable credit option, I’ll be amazed.
snow conditions
I see EJ have today grounded all aircraft for 2 months. Let's see what they do now for ticket holders!
ski holidays
Quote:

grounded all aircraft for 2 months

Not strictly true, they say they cannot give a date when flights will recommence.
snow report
The flight we had on Saturday can't be found now to claim anything!! Thinking going via the bank which then claim it off easyjet via chargeback.
latest report
SO EJ have released a statement re their staff getting paid though the UK government 80% scheme. Now I feel sorry for the staff. But wait a minute here. Due to Brexit, EJ have been setting up companies all over Europe. I`ve had flights charged to EJ Ireland/Switzerland/Austria all appear on my CC statement.

So are all these staff based all over Europe really employed just through a UK based company? You cant tell me that that has been the case with EJ staff based permanently in other EU countries.
latest report
Handy Turnip wrote:
@Grizzler, interesting read, thanks for finding.

I think a lot of people wouldnt mind the voucher approach but it has to be fair. The current approach of offering just a 6 month window (with conditions attached) feels a bit sneaky.

A validity of at least a year, with a refund at the end if you don't use it sounds fair to me.

+1

They did say in the voucher offer that if your replacement flight was cheaper, you could keep the remainder of the credit for another flight. So good on them for that. I fly to Gibraltar quite a bit, so would be most likely to use the credit - but rarely in the summer, and the Easter flights were relatively expensive compared to autumn/winter flights, so the application of credit to multiple flights is also good for me. But a 6 month limit is completely unacceptable. I've been quite a fan of EJ up to now, as they've been pretty fair with booking etc., but this needs sorting out or they are going to end up in the same bin as Ryanair.
ski holidays
A friend flew from Lyon to UK yesterday, i suspect with EJ. He posted pictures of a deserted airport and even more deserted plane. Probably one of the last.
snow report
Swiss have offered rebooking until end of April 2021. Will probably accept that as we are annual Easter skiers!
snow report
This was posted on the EasyJet Twitter page today, not sure how it will work in the months to come.

For customers on cancelled flights, please remember that you do not have to contact us prior to your original flight date.

Please be assured that your entitlements in case of cancelled flights are available for up to a year after your flight was originally due to depart. (1/2)
snow report
I have two flights booked with EJ. 30 April to Sardinia...perhaps 10/90 chance (optimist!!) and to Corsica on 14 June... 50/50 maybe. Clearly both are for summer holidays, so why would I want a 6 month voucher? If we cannot go , for me, I would accept a credit into my EJ account to spend next year for the same time....simples...EJ keeps my money until I fly again. Now a 12 month voucher is being suggested, again no good for me, it needs to be 18 months to allow for future summer bookings. I can understand EJ not wanting to give refunds, but surely credits (rather than vouchers) works or am I missng something. Also, if everyone must rebook before Feb 2021, there will be a huge over demand ?
snow report
from what I read you have to book within the time limits of the voucher, not necessarily travel.
latest report
I'd prefer to get a refund and then decide if a ski holiday next year is a priority but at a push a voucher would be acceptable if we can use them next Easter.
However I do hope they don't bump up all the prices to try and regain some of their losses!
snow report
muppet wrote:
This was posted on the EasyJet Twitter page today, not sure how it will work in the months to come.

For customers on cancelled flights, please remember that you do not have to contact us prior to your original flight date.

Please be assured that your entitlements in case of cancelled flights are available for up to a year after your flight was originally due to depart. (1/2)

Just seen this - their website however still says that the voucher is only valid 6mths. Plus it also says that you can only use one voucher per booking - yet the voucher button on the website is against each flight not the whole booking, so will that then give me two vouchers? Only one of which I can use on my next booking.

I've replied to their tweet about asking them these questions. I'm happy to take a voucher but not if I suspect that it's just a sneaky way of stitching me up and leaving me out of pocket. And at this point I have no confidence in them.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The other problem I have with a voucher is I booked flights for 2 families so only getting 1 voucher per booking would mean we have to arrange flights when we can all go, which won't be easy.
snow conditions
Easter EJ flight (Wednesday before) now cancelled - but is showing that I can move it to one of two flights the following day that are still running!!! Not that I would want to...

Has anyone tried claiming money back by using the on line compensation for cancelled flights form? just thinking this might be easier than a phone call....
snow report
The phone line has been engaged for the last four days. Are you referring to the EU compensation firm? @k,
snow report
*form
snow conditions
I know this is an easyJet thread but perhaps worth comparing with Swiss. They have offered vouchers until end of April 2021 but looking at their flights for next Easter (250-300 per person one way), no thanks. Our daily LHR Geneva flight seems to be cancelled at the last minute the day before, with departures perhaps 2 a week. Refunds not possible at the moment according to their website by any channel. And Don’t call unless three days before departure. So if they cancel I plan to go down the credit card charge back route, if they fly my flight, look to rebook December and hopefully do a cheeky unplanned week.
snow conditions
Yep the EU form.
snow report
I have no use for vouchers for my EJ flights and don't intend to book any more flights soon, if ever, independently. This was a rare diy attempt for me; currently feeling bitten and shy.
Have noted my utter inability to contact EJ, and no change to flight status on their website even after grounding the fleet (still asking me to check in API) - so I have put in a S.75 dispute claim form with my credit card company. Failing that, it's the insurance and lose the excess.
snow report
@Grizzler, if it's any consolation, many package holiday companies don't seem to be issuing refunds either.
snow conditions
k wrote:
Easter EJ flight (Wednesday before) now cancelled - but is showing that I can move it to one of two flights the following day that are still running!!! Not that I would want to...

Has anyone tried claiming money back by using the on line compensation for cancelled flights form? just thinking this might be easier than a phone call....

That form crashed and reloaded when I tried it over the weekend.
snow conditions
FWIW Easyjet and the rules say you can claim up to a year after the flight, so I am hoping if/when this calms down I will be able to claim,
snow conditions
Massive kudos to easyJet who have today fully refunded my return flight (inc board carriage) from MAN to GVA 2 weeks ago (due to fly out on 19 March, back 23 March).

They held out for a while in the hope that I would opt for the voucher option but I explained that we had already booked our winter 2021 flights with them.

I didn't bother with the call centre option - I just sent them a DM on Twitter and engaged very politely and calmly with a lovely girl called Symone, she promised to sort this out for me and she kept her word.
snow conditions
Good news, @franga, at least it gives us all hope. How long did it take them from first communication?

Were both your flights cancelled? I've got a strange situation where the outbound flight has been cancelled but the inbound one a week later is still live. Surely they have to refund both, as if I can't get a flight out, then I can't get a flight back?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy