Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet Easter flights 2020 shared experiences

Poster: A snowHead
All flights LGW-GVA showing sold out until end of April.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, at this stage they don't want to say cancelled, as they don't want existing bookings on them flights to get their money back.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonny996 wrote:
kitenski wrote:
@Jonny996, interesting, this what I see on their website? Have you tried both the website and the app?

yes no refund option

Hoping this isn't the new norm, what are you going to do?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
In the app my family’s flights for Monday are now cancelled. No easy button for a refund just contact customer services
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The easyjet page still says:

Am I entitled to a full refund?
Only if your flight has been cancelled due to confirmed travel restrictions from certain countries, through advice provided by the World Health Organisations or changes to our schedule.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So Saturday flight is now cancelled, but not finding a refund button at the moment.

Out of interest, if I wanted to rebook for a different route, but needed to change the passenger names for 2 of the pax, can i do that, and any idea of cost?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
same here, daughter has an email but no refund option!

If you still wish to travel to your destination you can:
Transfer your flight free of charge by going to manage bookings or visiting the easyJet app.

If you didn’t book your flights through either easyJet.com or our easyJet Mobile App then please contact us.

If you do not wish to travel:
If you no longer wish to travel, you can choose to switch to any other easyJet flight through Manage Bookings
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
following the link tells you to ring call center, which is then too busy to answer!

For cancellations and refunds you will need to contact our Customer Service team. Please note that we can only issue refunds to the person or company who paid for the booking
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It does seem like EJ are losing any good PR they have built up over the years.

They've cancelled the flights, so why should their customers go through the hoops just to ask for the money returned.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
yeah I'm very disappointed, online refund button would be very easy to do.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I’ll just document it here as my flight is due to go in 3 hours, that I did try to call them, I have filled in their online complaints form but as they refuse to give you a email address you can’t record proof that you done that.
I can only hope that they play fair post this debacle and refund later
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Jonny996, yup we've rung twice regarding refund for my daughter, in the end I filled in this form. https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/contact
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lack of a refund button likely to be because the airline operators are trying to get a temporary stop to the EU law that says they have to make a refund if the flight is cancelled. They are asking to be able to issue a voucher to prevent them going under. I'd do a link to the news story if I had the tech skills....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

They've cancelled the flights, so why should their customers go through the hoops just to ask for the money returned.

Simple economics. A number of people would potentially not have flown for other reasons. Maybe they booked really early and cheap and then couldn't find accomodation, maybe booking on behalf of a business that then change plans for some reason.

So if you weren't intending to fly, then perhaps you then wouldn't chase a refund, so to ensure they only refund those people who want it and think they deserve it. I am not saying if this is morally the correct approach across the board, but for a company likely to be hemorrhaging huge amounts of cash right now I can see why they maybe doing it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
But they are cancelling the flights because of the pandemic. They are duty bound to return the money. Just the same as people who are having holidays cancelled are being informed that they can either rebook, or have their money back. EJ aren't doing that. They are cancelling the flights, then giving only an option to re book FoC.
ski holidays
jafa wrote:
But they are cancelling the flights because of the pandemic. They are duty bound to return the money. Just the same as people who are having holidays cancelled are being informed that they can either rebook, or have their money back. EJ aren't doing that. They are cancelling the flights, then giving only an option to re book FoC.

Maybe I misundstood, or you misunderstood me.

I gathered that there wasn't a 'refund' button and people had to ring up to get one. I that's the case anyone who wants a refund should be able to get one. If people can't be bothered or don't care about chasing for one, why should easyjet go to the effort and expense of refunding (again, I am not defending the morality of this point, I am just saying it's a business decision possibly).

Look at it this way perhaps.

You book a flight to NY on BA. BA already know from experience that a % are unlikely to turn up so of the 300 seats, they sell 301. You, for other reasons decide not to fly, BA have sold your seat to someone else but not offered you a refund. However had you turned up at the airport and you were number 301 at check-in they would have to recompense you in some way. Whilst I understand this is not the same situation so don't shoot me, I can see why EJ are saying 'yes' you will be refunded, just give us a call.
snow report
@ansta1, there is no refund button, the call centre cuts you off automatically saying they are too busy. In short there is no way easy or hard, to ask or apply for a refund.
snow conditions
@kitenski, I understand there is no refund button from above, wasn't aware they were cutting you off, but I know a couple of people who work for EJ (IT) and they are shutting down all but essential teams so whilst not good customer service that's probably the reason for a lack of response (not that it is of course justified). Perhaps if they had a refund button there would be less people on the phones trying to get one....... I wonder if their back end systems aren't clever enough to be able to identify a 'refund' compatible cancellation reason against a flight booking that didn't go ahead?
snow conditions
ansta1 wrote:
. Perhaps if they had a refund button there would be less people on the phones trying to get one....... I wonder if their back end systems aren't clever enough to be able to identify a 'refund' compatible cancellation reason against a flight booking that didn't go ahead?

I think that is my view, a simple refund button would surely keep folk happy and take the load off!!!
snow report
They certainly DID have a refund button before. One of my staff was due to go to Italy a few weeks ago. EJ cancelled a day or 2 before and there was a refund button. A couple of clicks and she was sorted. Money back within a few days.

Not sure why it's more difficult now. I'd be happy to switch to another flight/destination, but I'd need to change 2 of the passenger names, as the others wouldn't be able to make it, and that would probably cost me a load more.

Better for me to get refund, and book the new fights in the right names...
ski holidays
k wrote:
Lack of a refund button likely to be because the airline operators are trying to get a temporary stop to the EU law that says they have to make a refund if the flight is cancelled. They are asking to be able to issue a voucher to prevent them going under. I'd do a link to the news story if I had the tech skills....

This could well be the real reason
snow conditions
We had flights later this month where the return leg was cancelled a couple of weeks ago.
At that time, I cancelled both legs.
When I look at my bookings, the flights are shown as cancelled and it says "Refund being processed" but I am still waiting...

Does anyone know if I need to complete any forms or will the monies be refunded automatically?
ski holidays
@Ray Zorro, No idea - but at least it sees to mention the word refund, so that's better than many of us.

It just says to call the contact centre, but they are so busy, the recorded message just says to hang up and try later...
snow conditions
Like anywhere else, if I cancel my free cancellation on my car hire for example, the money just credited back onto the card that paid in the first instance. Just checked on my wifes cancellation, and it does say you get a refund, but no button to press for it to happen. Strangely there is buttons to rebook, but no telephone numbers, e-mails, nothing, to get in contact with them. You have to find customer service numbers. The chat option isn't available either.

Get it sorted EJ, or otherwise your reputation will go down the swany
ski holidays
EJ are getting hammered on Twitter, very sad to see them take this stance. I just wish they'd be up front about this.
snow report
And the telephone number now doesn't even connect for customer services!!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
I'd quite happily take a credit note, doesn't have to be cash refund. I booked Easter flight to go at Easter, release the 2021 Easter flights and I will transfer but up till now they have only released up to end of February 2021
snow conditions
What are folk doing? Holding out for a refund, even though impossible to apply for, or moving the flight before it was due to go??
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think everyone will be different. My wife was going on a one off trip. Its cancelled and wont be held. So shes after a refund. Im sure there are others that for example were on a flight to a ski resort, which could be re booked for a later date.
The pure fact that EJ cancelled the flight, for obvious as the reasons may be, they have no right to expect all their bookings to be in a position to make alternate bookings at the drop of a hat. And neither have an option on line, or a current working telephone number to call to even discuss is not acceptable.

Im an Insurance Broker. If a client was due to complete on a house purchase, and decided not to complete but had set up the policy and paid me. I couldn't hold onto the cash and say to them when you eventually "may" buy somewhere else, Ive got your money sat in my client account.
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
What are folk doing? Holding out for a refund, even though impossible to apply for, or moving the flight before it was due to go??

No choice but to hold out for a refund - as Jonny996 mentions below, the next flight I need will be Easter 2021 but until they open up the schedule to include those dates then I can't move it.

Quote:
I'd quite happily take a credit note, doesn't have to be cash refund. I booked Easter flight to go at Easter, release they 2021 Easter flights and I will transfer but up till now they have only released up to end of February 2021
snow report
Just had mine for next Fri cancelled - this is the wording of the message:

"What happens now?

If you still wish to travel to your destination you can:
Transfer your flight free of charge by going to manage bookings or visiting the easyJet app.

For more information about transferring your flight or your other options please see our FAQ.

If you didn’t book your flights through either easyJet.com or our easyJet Mobile App then please contact us.

If you do not wish to travel:
If you no longer wish to travel, you can choose to switch to any other easyJet flight through Manage Bookings"

No mention of refunds, I've got loads of flights booked over the next few months so won't be moving any, but will wait until I need some more when (if?) this is ever over and reschedule then. The other option people have is to take it up with their credit card company.
ski holidays
Handy Turnip wrote:
kitenski wrote:

No choice but to hold out for a refund - as Jonny996 mentions below, the next flight I need will be Easter 2021 but until they open up the schedule to include those dates then I can't move it.

Quote:
I'd quite happily take a credit note, doesn't have to be cash refund. I booked Easter flight to go at Easter, release they 2021 Easter flights and I will transfer but up till now they have only released up to end of February 2021

My worry is they'll try and wiggle out of it after the flight "should" have gone......
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
Handy Turnip wrote:
kitenski wrote:

Quote:

My worry is they'll try and wiggle out of it after the flight "should" have gone......

I agree - but my only other option is to rebook flights and force myself to have a holiday that I don't want and can't afford.

I've literally just had an email for easyject saying my 4th April flight has now been cancelled - but in the app/website it still shows as live, so no refund button as yet. I'm going to hold on for a few more days before I have to get on the phone to them.

I understand the reasons they are doing this but they are also p*ssing off frequent flyers who might start to look elsewhere in future.
latest report
Handy Turnip wrote:
kitenski wrote:

Quote:

Definitely hanging on for refund. My flights aren't cancelled yet, but not expecting things to be easy. Earlier, thought about rescheduling but that's out the window.
snow conditions
@Handy Turnip, they have cut off the phones, you get a recorded messaging saying they are busy and please ring back later. That is my concern that they are just ignoring everyone and will avoid refunds.
snow report
Airlines now appealing to be allowed to delay refunds until flights and bookings restart - article from the Indy today. Sorry still can't do links - you can get the article via apple news! Not expecting refunds for a while......

https://apple.news/Asq6erp_uSoS-0PBq_lRYPQ
latest report
On Twitter Easyjet seem to have started offering refund vouchers for future flights if you DM them.
snow report
@Handy Turnip, in the website manage bookings, have you clicked on change flight in relation to your cancelled booking.
If I recall correctly the refund button/option doesn’t appear until you do that.
I certainly managed to select refund directly within my booking which EJ cancelled. It’s current status is pending payment but I have had confirmation that I will receive my requested refund and do not need to worry about credit voucher etc.
Hope that helps
latest report
@jirac18, they have removed that refund button
snow report
muppet wrote:
On Twitter Easyjet seem to have started offering refund vouchers for future flights if you DM them.

How do you DM them?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy