Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Great Alpine Exodus

Poster: A snowHead
@4q, any management agencies still open? They would be able to claim that it was "for work" on the paperwork to move.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
under a new name wrote:
@4q, any management agencies still open? They would be able to claim that it was "for work" on the paperwork to move.

I don’t know I’ll try that avenue thanks
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just made it to Zeebrugge. Left Meribel at 5:30am. Roads quiet, no checkpoints.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@4q, if you're on Facebook , try the Samöens Buy & Sell group - someone on there may be able to help
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm back home in the north west after a night crossing from Zeebrugge to Hull.
Got a bit fraught at times. Partner was due to join me in the Alps today and we were going to drive home together at the end of the month. Cancelled that plan. I'd originally rescheduled my ferry for Thursday but ended up changing it again to Wednesday.
Cleared and cleaned the apartment in Tignes Tuesday a.m. but the owner couldn't meet until 10am due to working. Saw the queueing traffic at the Swiss border. Initially thought I'd break the journey in France but found all the hotels around Troyes Est closed and nowhere open for food. Quick mooch into Leclerc for fuel, fruit and sandwiches and off again. Decided to keep going into Belgium. Lady g7 was on to various Ibis hotels close to the border but not far from Lille. Super helpful manager at Ibis in Kortrijk agreed to keep reception open for me. Bars and restaurants had already been closed down in Belgium so no food or drink. Allowed me to hang around yesterday as they were shutting down the hotel. An hours drive to Zeebrugge and thankful to find a ferry waiting. Fortunate timing as travel restrictions imposed in Belgium today.
Didn't see much of the Gendarmes. The French were still happily picnicking in large groups at the services. Glad to be home now.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
finally some sensible advice for people wanting to come home from france. https://www.thelocal.fr/20200317/coronavirus-in-france-what-should-tourists-do
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We arrived back at 8pm last night. Left Serre Chevalier at around 11.30 on Tuesday after taking dogs to vets. No roadside checks, but not many cars on the road either. All truck drivers who seemed to be falling asleep at the wheel. We found a hotel in Troyes Centre for the night where we had stayed before after a bit of a search. Rooms are all apartments, so no restaurant or bar, but we sorted ourselves out with a pizza and a bottle of wine. Up to Calais yesterday and on to a very quiet Eurotunnel, although there was a huge queue of freight traffic. Quite why the huge surcharge to change the time I'm not sure (and I did call them). We upgraded to Flexiplus and got handed a huge bag of food at the drive through window before we got on train.We were starving by then. Not allowed to get out of the car, and couldn't open windows, so it got a bit stuffy for the dogs.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
P & O ferry was only 50Euros early yesterday and even the cheapskate ticket booked a few hours in advance they just put us on the first ferry leaving, about the quickest ever, 10 minutes from check-in to leaving the harbour.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RobinS, P & O were extremely helpful. And I'm not quite sure how but somewhere along the way we got some money refunded as well.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Parking BSM - good guys...full refund for car parking in Les Arcs 1800 from Saturday am Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hells Bells wrote:
All truck drivers who seemed to be falling asleep at the wheel.

they've got few options to stop and sleep, plus half the trucks are full of stuff they were supposed to deliver to shops that are now closed so the few trucks that are operating have to deliver food etc.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
4q wrote:
if there’s anyone near Morillon who can help they can have all the beer in the fridge Very Happy
I'd post that as a new topic if I was you - bound to be someone.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davidof wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:
All truck drivers who seemed to be falling asleep at the wheel.

they've got few options to stop and sleep, plus half the trucks are full of stuff they were supposed to deliver to shops that are now closed so the few trucks that are operating have to deliver food etc.
UK has relaxed drivers hours regs for certain sectors.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tale of two different scenarios. Me and the boss left Lauterbrunnen 1920 Wed evening for the drive up to Zeebrugge.
I was genuinely expecting problems at the French border up at Basle, we drove straight through!!!! There was not a single policeman, customs officer, millitary or ghost in sight!
No presence of police at any other border crossing, one of the easiest drives ever.
Up in Zeebrugge chatting to a fellow skier who had driven from Morzine. Crossed from Swiss into France somewhere in the Jura and was fined 135 euro for not possessing a travel warrant!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So I've finally joined the exodus - in Geneva airport now Sad

Very straightforward trip across the border (in an official transfer, all docs to hand), and very quick transit through bag drop, security etc - as there is no one here!

Gutted to end the season like this - but it is what it is.

ski holidays
Oh I'd soooo want to sit on one of the chairs with the tape on Toofy Grin
latest report
At least GVA is still open then.....
snow report
It is open but nothing, except for a couple of takeaway sandwich/drink areas, is open. If you need to get there very early to make sure expect a very tedious uncomfortable day. Unfortunately I speak from direct experience.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy