Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Great Alpine Exodus

Poster: A snowHead
@RobinS, perhaps it falls under the "imperative family reasons" heading?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have the form downloaded but no acess to a printer. It doesnt really seem to apply to anyone travelling home
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hells Bells, download it, edit it and then download the pdf to your phone.

Evidently you can edit it on a Iphone but as yet not android
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No iPhone
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Loads of gendarmes at Bourg d'Oisans but not stopped.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam, been advised it needs to be on paper.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Hells Bells, I read you can write the whole thing out on paper and it wll be regarded as asn affidavit. davidof I think said it
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hells Bells, links do say "L'attestation de déplacement dérogatoire est téléchargeable ou peut être rédigée sur papier libre:"

First few hours of implementation so no doubt there'll be some glitches both technical and physical etc

It needs to be downloadable as many do not simply have access to printers and will be able to print out a sheet of paper every time they walk the dog, go for a jog etc and anything more serious.

It certainly is quite drastic to have to consider this every time we go out here now for the next 15 days or so!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Or 45 days..........
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quick question to those of you in France in the know: I have a vehicle parked up in Chamonix in a public (but non paying) car park. I was thinking of asking a friend in Chx to collect it drive it across town and leave it on another friends drive (ie tucked out of the way on private land) as clearly my planned Easter trip and drive back is FUBAR and my subsitute plan to leg it over there this week and drive it back have gone the same way.

Is that something he would be free to do at present? Is there a deadline after which he can't?

Cheers for any input.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@KenX, Macron made no mention of the 45 days which we've all heard on the grapevine recently - 15 days at the moment is the official time frame unless I've missed something, and I've France 24 on in the background which keeps saying 15days initially
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We got out of Chamonix just before the checkpoint started. On the motorway no issues so far (near Bourg en Bresse at present). We just put our UK address on the forms, and noted we are heading directly home.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There was a massive hardly moving queue for the Swiss border heading for GVA though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hello All,
I would be glad for any information from anyone travelling back to UK as to whether they are facing any difficulties from authorities as they make their way. Boris and Raab are now making it very confusing for us to know whether we can travel tomorrow. Ok. Here is the answer - the Gendarmerie in Albertville answering my husband’s question is saying NO you are not allowed to travel even with attestation ... travel is not being permitted ...
TIA
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@midgetbiker, technically not, but, I think he would probably get away with it as moving around in your own commune is apperently fine if you want to go for a walk and once in the car he can presumably go shopping on the essential shopping excuse.
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
15 days at the moment is the official time frame unless I've missed something, and I've France 24 on in the background which keeps saying 15days initially

15 days initially renewable in 15 day blocks

we're just at the start of this I think; we've been told the offices will be shut for 5 weeks at least.

but who knows?

at least it keeps the Gilets Jaunes at home
ski holidays
British Embassy appear to confirm that returning to the UK from France is permitted, however a printed off form is required along with an explanation of the circumstances.

Article here: https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Britons-returning-to-UK-from-France-also-need-Covid-19-travel-form

...phew.
latest report
Weve had to hand write the forms on the back of a hotel bill. For returning to UK write this
Je rentre au Royaume-Uni en voiture/avion/train

Have also finally found a bed for the night in Troyes after several cancelled attempts via Booking dot com
ski holidays
Checkpoint to the north of Grenoble this PM

100,000 gendarmes and police mobilized
snow report
Thanks denfinella. Have printed off the forms, and now have fingers crossed for journey tomorrow. Just smile etc if stopped and hope we can carry on.
ski holidays
@denfinella, @Hells Bells, safe journey, guys!
ski holidays
We left Argentiere just after 8 this morning and are now near Cambrai. Once we cleared the jam round Geneva the roads have become progressively quieter. No forms with us but we haven’t seen a gendarme either. We’re making a run for Calais. P&O are making all tickets valid on all sailings with no extra fee. Good on them. We might try to get all the way home tonight if we can take turns at staying awake.
snow report
Forms aren't required until tomorrow (Wednesday) according to news websites.
latest report
Heads up anyone flying back with Ryanair. You can't trust them. My friend's wife was due to fly back to Scotland from Poland on Sunday, Ryanair assured her the flight was still going ahead, they cancelled it 2 hours before departure with no prior notification online or via app.
Thankfully she's managed to get a seat on a specially charted LOT flight to London City(everything else cancelled/full) so she should be ok but if she'd had the heads up in advance she'd have booked another flight for Sunday.
snow report
Just sailed from Calais, no forms required. Never saw a copper. Nearly ran an immigrant over in the q at Calais. Trying to get under a lorry and it started moving!

Roads busy this morning, even more frantic than usual. Loads of space on p and O. Fair play yesterday I paid 60 quid, the robbers on the tunnel wanted 175. Plenty of capacity on my boat.
snow report
Just been passed by two minibuses full of chalet girls from Ski Weekends on their way home. All full of bubbles and chatter when we saw them earlier at an aire.

We’ll have to get there soon - the fruit pastilles have nearly run out.
snow report
Got as far as Troyes. Budget hotels near Reims seem to be shut so will just keep going. No checkpoints or anything on the autoroute so will stick with that to Calais.
ski holidays
Lots of gendarmes at last peage before Calais (near J3 of A26). They seem to be checking documents but ignored us motoring through the 30kph telepage lane at the left.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Now in Calais waiting to board the 17:45. Just rocked up with our booking number for 29th and they let us straight through. Looks to be substantially busier than on the way out. There are at least 8 lanes of cars, vans and motorhomes.

Just given Mrs A the last pastille.
snow report
altis wrote:

Just given Mrs A the last pastille.
ahhh, true love
latest report
Under way now - 45 minutes late - apparently due to extra traffic caused by travel restrictions. Not that this crossing seems busy at all.
snow report
Had a bit of a doze en-route, then straight on the 1:40 ferry, along with three other cars!
latest report
Ten to one and we're home. 1700 miles for 2 days in Cham. We must be bonkers.
snow report
I’ve got my car parked at Geneva airport as we were supposed to be back out on Thursday for a couple of weeks. I’m debating whether to still go Thursday and drive back home Friday or if that will be too late. I’m not so bothered about the car being there but I’ve not closed the chalet up properly as we were only away a little over a week and there’s food in the fridge and I’ve left the water and heating on.
snow conditions
On our way from Troyes to Calais now. Hopefully on tunnel by 12.30
ski holidays
4q wrote:
I’ve got my car parked at Geneva airport as we were supposed to be back out on Thursday for a couple of weeks. I’m debating whether to still go Thursday and drive back home Friday or if that will be too late. I’m not so bothered about the car being there but I’ve not closed the chalet up properly as we were only away a little over a week and there’s food in the fridge and I’ve left the water and heating on.

seriously I wouldn't risk coming over, is there someone locally who can close up for you?
snow report
No issues with the ferry in the early hours, we arrived 1:36 and went straight on for the 1:40 departure. Almost completely empty. Now safely home in Norwich, wondering what to do now - home 5 weeks early and no more pay!
snow conditions
altis wrote:

We’ll have to get there soon - the fruit pastilles have nearly run out.

That does bring home the depth of the crisis. Glad you made it home OK. Very Happy
ski holidays
No police checks or anything like that when we drove from Embrun to Marseille airport this morning (2.5 hours). We had a permission to travel form, but didn't need to show it anywhere.
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
4q wrote:

seriously I wouldn't risk coming over, is there someone locally who can close up for you?

I don’t know anyone who’s out there, if there’s anyone near Morillon who can help they can have all the beer in the fridge Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy