Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2020/2021 (Dec 4 to April 25)

Poster: A snowHead
My daughter (resident in Innsbruck) was on the way to St Anton this morning via train - this was announced. So is now gone to Kappl. She has her valid test.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam_w Indeed, I spoke to the tourist office who told me that it is incorrect to say that 96 people were fined. In fact there were 96 'offences' from about 30 people and at the time I spoke to them none had been fined and certainly none had been imprisoned. They also noted that St Anton has zero cases of Covid
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey folks

I think this Fire incident ha already been mentioned somewhere else....

Lech's Biomass Central Warming System went up in smoke... They managed to save the Technical part of the building so the heating can be maintained ..also there are two other plants ..

https://www.vol.at/biomasse-heizwerk-in-lech-am-arlberg-in-vollbrand/6905305

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Some Nostagia

http://youtube.com/v/OmgGkDPO8d4

http://youtube.com/v/EmGtyLZ0t_k

http://youtube.com/v/A-JauIj83lY

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://youtube.com/v/M8yZCxOHn5M

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weather

No new snow in the long term forecast,, temperature will decrease...

Cows may be released earlier this season if they can break up the pistes before the official end of the season..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
For some reason looking at Galzig base standing still while the pistes down from Känga/Moser look perfect sent me into deep depression yesterday. How fucked up is this winter?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Steilhang, mmm don’t you just love webcams?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29, not right now, no.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
St Anton will be restarting limited lift operations this weekend.

Frankly, I am surprised. I thought they were done for the season. Maybe some hope for late season skiing for those who are able to make it there.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ulmerhutte wrote:

Frankly, I am surprised. I thought they were done for the season. Maybe some hope for late season skiing for those who are able to make it there.
Maintenance?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@davidthornton, nope, for skiing. Basically just the Galzig area, as it was before they shut, with Nassereinbahn at the weekends.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ulmerhutte wrote:

Probably under pressure from locals, who saw that almost all other resorts in AT are still spinning lifts.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Folks.. They reopened today after some meetings and announced it at short notice after lunchtime yesterday

Galzig & Kapall so there is plenty of hill to shred

St. Anton:

Mon-Sun: Gampenbahn, Galzigbahn, Osthangbahn, Kapallbahn, Übungslift Gampen, Schlepplift Nasserein;

Sat-Sun additionally: Nassereinbahn;

St. Christoph/Stuben:
No ski operation.

Operations in West Arlberg (Vorarlberg) at remain the same

Lech/Zürs
Warth/Schröcken
Sonnenkopf

________________________________________________________________________________________

Weather

Warm Spring comes early ... Maybe some new snow toward the end of next week...

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Austrian Coronavirus Strategy Policy

There will be announcement by the Austrian government on Monday about whether to relax or tighten the coronavirus lockdown measures across the country.

Chancellor of Austria Sebastian Kurz Todays Tweet Shocked

https://twitter.com/sebastiankurz/status/1365529451308662790?s=20

Next Winter will be Far from Normal ...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Next Winter will be Far from Normal ...

@stanton, that depends on how one defines normal, I believe it’ll be a lot more “normal” than the one we are emerging from. Who needs crazy apres anyway apart from the bar owners. We need snow and it’ll be there next winter, and so will we be! That’s normal enough imv....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah, me too… i don’t need apres to enjoy StA. As long as there is snow, the lifts are turning, and any restrictions are commensurate with the threat, then that is all I need. I would however hope that on-mountain food services are open in some form.

All that said, the apres does not bother me. I try to avoid skiing past Mooser at end of day (or be hyper alert) and we live in a quiet part of Nasserein. It is kinda fun watching people attempting to dance to Sweet Caroline at Heustadel while riding the Galzigbahn to catch the last few runs on a sunny late afternoon.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ulmerhutte wrote:
Yeah, me too… i don’t need apres to enjoy StA. As long as there is snow, the lifts are turning, and any restrictions are commensurate with the threat, then that is all I need. I would however hope that on-mountain food services are open in some form.

All that said, the apres does not bother me. I try to avoid skiing past Mooser at end of day (or be hyper alert) and we live in a quiet part of Nasserein. It is kinda fun watching people attempting to dance to Sweet Caroline at Heustadel while riding the Galzigbahn to catch the last few runs on a sunny late afternoon.

At the very least, they should be able to pull off some sort of outside dinning operations on mountain. Heck, the best times I have ever had with the dining/apres scene have been sitting outside drinking a beer or noshing on some raclette enjoying views of the Alps. Can't wait to get back there just for such an experience. The Euro ski resorts not only invented the apres scene, they have perfected it!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I like a beer like anyone @Toadman, but it went crazy the last few years, nows the time for folks to be more sensible next season.
latest report
Interesting how opinions differ. In my mind, since I first visited St Anton in 1999, it has been gradually gentrified and most of the liveliest places (and some of the best, quieter ones) have disappeared. Which is fine by me as I'm now middle-aged!
snow conditions
The rest of the clientele is probably aging too Cool Give it another 20 years and it’ll be the Moosewirt herbal tea rooms and the Vegan Kangaroo.
snow report
Not been the same since they moved the railway, IMHO. But I can't keep away!
latest report
Peter S wrote:
The rest of the clientele is probably aging too Cool Give it another 20 years and it’ll be the Moosewirt herbal tea rooms and the Vegan Kangaroo.

You jest, but I have it on good authority that the KK does a decent vegan burger wink
snow report
@davidthornton, yes I agree!
latest report
Look.. If you do not like Apres Ski .. Do not come to St Anton or Austria . Very Happy

St Anton ..... Ski Hard , Party Hard...Day & Night ...

If you Do not like that and want QUIET stay away and go to France or Italy etc instead.

Over there you will find it more suitable & enjoyable. The bonus for is that we will not have to put up with the increasing numbers of whingin Poms like we have done the last 20 seasons + ...

We dont want to see/have Cosmo Trendy City Center food ...Vegan, Vegetarian , Sushi, Poke Bowls, etc ... b u ll scheiß .

Apres Ski ALLDAY.

Non Stop Bier, Schnaaps and Full on hearty Austrian Food to keep us full & energy levels to the MAX.

Wine... Go over to the Western Arlberg...

Stop The Brutal Grooming.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________-

This afternoons Government's Press conference been delayed again for an an hour or two...

Looks like Vorarlberg will get special "Insel-Lösung" Island Solution due to the low incidence of the British Mutation...and will be used as a Test Region for reopeing Gastro on 15 March --

With rest of Austria possibly opening 29 March..

Still a lot of disagreement amongst State Leaders , Chancellor & Health Minister..

......................Press Conference has just started

____________________________________________________________________________________________---
snow report
@stanton, blah blah blah rolling eyes
ski holidays
Toofy Grin
latest report
Quote:
@stanton, blah blah blah

He's obviously got no custom for his taxi, so can spend more time trolling the forum Toofy Grin
snow report
@stanton, apres ski ALLDAY is what us poms call an oxymoron. There's probably a joke there somewhere...
snow report
St Anton has never been the same since the end of the Funky Chicken.
latest report
I miss Platz'l more than Funky Chicken
ski holidays
Miss both of them. Platzl for a laid back Zipfer and Funky Chicken for some great apres
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's the one, Platzl! From memory, it was where the new Anthony's place is? Such a shame that it's gone.
ski holidays
Mooserwirt with just a groundfloor, and last round at 06.30 pm
And the railroadcrossing towards Galzig....
St.Anton used to be so special.
Once upon a time...
snow conditions
@Langerzug, yes, international trains passing through the crossing as skiers waited, passengers gazing out at the Winter scene.
30 schillings to the pound, it wasn't expensive, if I remember. Smile
ski holidays
Langerzug wrote:
….
St.Anton used to be so special.
Once upon a time...

It still is. Depends on what you value.
ski holidays
@ulmerhutte, Exactly, mountains hadn't changed that much last time I looked, and it still snows plenty. More punters but that's the same the world over.
latest report
@ulmerhutte, @Markymark29,
St.Anton used to be more stylish, and more ‘serious skiing’ in the 90ies
Can’t help but feeling sad when driving past the village. Totally different...mass tourism all-over. Ski-Industry
Today even the food at Hospiz Alm is of poor quality...
latest report
Langerzug wrote:
@ulmerhutte, @Markymark29,
St.Anton used to be more stylish, and more ‘serious skiing’ in the 90ies
Can’t help but feeling sad when driving past the village. Totally different...mass tourism all-over. Ski-Industry
Today even the food at Hospiz Alm is of poor quality...

Yep, not so many drunks and yobs back then. No boarders either, or few of them. Yep, the mountains are still the same ones, albeit much more crowded, but every day you have to come down off them!
But I still go back. Cool
ski holidays
There's many things that are mostly unchanged for the last few decades Happy The cuckoo clock shop on the high street, Gunar playing apres-ski guitar, Gerhard still DJ'ing in the moose and Joan still kicking people out of the underground (even though it's moved from the original location).
latest report
@JohnS4, be even better if any of the bars were open & we were there at the moment........
ski holidays
@munich_irish, agreed - would have been going this coming weekend
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/NkDUwALeETw

__________________________________________________________________________________________-

Weather

Drought conditions since the big storm in early January and nothing in to come in long range....

The Tirol has put out Forest Fire warnings for the entire region because of the low precipitation & dry trees ....
ski holidays
Don't know if anyone else has seen this? - We arrived into St Anton on 7th March 2020 and had to leave 13th on buses back to Zurich police road-blocks at Moos and the driver had to take all the backroads due to huge queues at the Swiss border. Strangest week skiing ever I think, if these allegations are true then Tirol didn't seem to have done us any favours. 3 of our party of 4 got Covid within 7 days of return, thankfully we all got over it and none of us was hospitalised but just shows what was potentially going on behind the scenes....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000t2n9
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy