Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switching to Scotland this weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
I can swap the flights for free, but will it be worth it? Is everywhere going to be crazy busy? Is the driving a bit hairy? (I can drive but don't do so regularly and I'm not a confident driver). Or should I accept the ski season is over and go hiking in the peak district or something instead? I'm determined to go somewhere as this is my first weekend away from the kids in three years and as much as I love them, I need this!! Please be gentle in your responses (I don't need the coronavirus 'you must stay in for the good for society' guilt trip).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Driving is not particularly hairy, but it is not suburban England. Roads are open except for the most extreme or brief periods. Chains not really a necessity. You are looking at up to 2 hours to get yourself sorted from GLA or EDI.
Stations will be busier than normal, if they are open - Glencoe is closed today due to wind.
Scottish skiing is not alpine skiing. It can be better, but usually just different. Don’t bring white ski jackets or trousers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Confused as to why this needs a new thread?

It's all done in here....
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=152180
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski lots wrote:

Stations will be busier than normal, if they are open - Glencoe is closed today due to wind.

"Station" in this context isn't "station" as we know it - as Glencoe doesn't have a station. wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Station as in ski station - as opposed to resorts.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go for a nice walk in the Peak District or Lakes
Seriously.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It will undoubtedly be very busy but even with all the mayhem there's a lot going for it. It's not like being stuck with a massive grumpy horde of self entitled gits in Chamonix all elbowing forward to be next in line.
The Scots know how to queue and how to be civil doing it. The lifties have it down to a fine art at Glenshee. Smile
There's good crack to be had both on the hill and in the car park. And the bits in between can be some of the best skiing you'll find anywhere. Of course the caveat being that on a bad day it can be equally challenging or just closed full stop. Sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote="HotDogger"] It's not like being stuck with a massive grumpy horde of self entitled gits in Chamonix all elbowing forward to be next in line.
The Scots know how to queue and how to be civil doing it. The lifties have it down to a fine art at Glenshee. /quote]

In fact, the Coe lifties are constantly shouting at people to close the queues up. Stop nattering and move forward!
And rather than have one long line (God forbid a massing scrum), Scottish queues 'double up' and form another line after about 50 people. Terribly civilised snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They do that double/triple up thing at Shee too. Perhaps I'm just a masochist and love being bossed around by Scottish brutes. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think we're supposed to stay put.

Travelling unnecessarily risks spreading the virus.

Everyone just chill out and watch some boxsets.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marodo2712 wrote:
Travelling unnecessarily risks spreading the virus.

Sharing is caring.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@marodo2712, This is how I chill out, it's a skiing (and Boarding) forum... We're talking about skiing. snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was talking about traveling to Scotland, not talking about traveling to Scotland.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FYI, all Scotland resorts now closed.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Grizzler wrote:
FYI, all Scotland resorts now closed.

Cairngorm and Glenshee closing at the end of play Sunday.
snow conditions
Yes, they've changed or updated that from what I'd first read. Not sure that I'd want to be in the last minute scrum, though... Puzzled
Have also read people asking visitors not to travel if they're not already on the way.
snow report
Please respect the request and stay at home. The less people move around and respect staying local the better chance the NHS have of not entirely melting down.
ski holidays
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-51990534
snow conditions
adithorp wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-51990534

Unfortunately this is happening across the country - Lincolnshire/Cornwall/Wales
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy