Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Splitboard Hire - Obergurgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of doing an intro to touring day in Obergurgl. Mate boards and the ski school are happy for him to join but obviously he’ll need a splitboard. Can’t find any listed on the websites of hire shops - does anyone know if it’s possible to hire one in Obergurgl?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can try Moreboards (Intersport Glanzer in Sölden), they should have something recent and good. If not ask at the different ski schools/ and mountain guide companies in Obergurgl.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is one small shop that sells and hires touring gear. I've forgotten its name but it's inbetween Sport Lohmann and the hairdressers on Gurglstrasse. This place would be the best bet for split board hire.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kelskii wrote:
There is one small shop that sells and hires touring gear. I've forgotten its name but it's inbetween Sport Lohmann and the hairdressers on Gurglstrasse. This place would be the best bet for split board hire.

Scheiber?
https://www.scheibersport.com/de/standorte/skiverleih-mode-festkogel-l108

PS Long time no speak, are you still skiing Obergurl every year or have you switched to St Anton (or somewhere else) now?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi DB, it's the shop where you bought your transceiver from Ivan. I doubt Scheiber will have a splitboard for hire. Going to obergurgl on 10 April and was in St Anton over New Year. Have you been out touring much?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kelskii wrote:
Hi DB, it's the shop where you bought your transceiver from Ivan. I doubt Scheiber will have a splitboard for hire. Going to obergurgl on 10 April and was in St Anton over New Year. Have you been out touring much?

This year has been a disaster out here in East Austria. Skied & toured 9 days in St Anton before Christmas but only managed one ski tour (last Sunday) since then.

Have a long weekend planned for ski touring end of March in Kolm Saigurn.

http://youtube.com/v/Mol0x31rvnI

Have fun in Obergurgl.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kelskii wrote:

Thanks @Kelskii - will have a look when we get there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@narbs, if he can’t get a split board, he could just hire some snow shoes.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowshoes tend not to be a million miles off skinning in terms of speed, but I always found I was far more tired at the top.

https://snowboardexperts.co.uk/shop/splitboard-hire/ if you can't find hire in obergurgl. Get the factory split - risers are awful! 3 section poles will go into a rucksack.

First few transitions will be nervy, take it slow and steady, there's a lot can go wrong if it's blowing a gale and you've cold hands.

Guess this will be for next year now? Cry
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy