Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In memoriam The 19/20 Ski season

Poster: A snowHead
@Scarlet, Let's not and say you did! wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les arcs, when it was warm and sunny the queues were bad, but when the storm closed in the snow was rad.
+ve vibes to all who are going to struggle because of this wherever you are.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Grands Montets.

Damn! You made me come early,
But that November you tore my knee.

So once recovered I decided not to
Get back to your treacherous powder.
Instead I roamed a domain or two
Paradiski, les Aravis - my winter!

And now, with saddeness I realise: the day
For gliding under your Herse? Not this May.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brixen, best apres ski after St. Anton's.
The bright spot of a big domain with awfull maps and no decent app, but good enough slopes.
And my beloved Tignes that closed before I could return for normal weather.
May the next winter be way different than the last.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cannot complain - Morzine/Avoriaz in Jan, Saalbach in Feb . . .was planning a French hi alt excursion in April/Easter (gutted as I actually had 'permission' for this one) so RIP L2A/La Plagne

More worried about RIP for 20/21 - Brexit / increased prices / less choice / no flights / passport ques . . .think the fishing rods are about to get dusted off . . . Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

Here lie the bones of the '20 ski season
Gone withe the cough and the chills and the sneezin'
Short was her reign, now no mores to be seen,
We'll have to made do with what might have been.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For the European Alps...

Nov 2019 = snow
Dec 2019 = rain
Jan 2020 = rain
Feb 2020 = rain
Mar 2020 = death plague
Apr 2020 = bankruptcy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had some excellent skiing this season. Les C had great snow above 1500m throughout. Best NY for years (good snow, great weather), Nice weekend at end of Jan, really good feb half term. Disappointed that we won't have our "holiday of a decade" trip to Whistler in April but the refunds may well come in handy!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megeve, still so damn pretty
Megeve, still so damn dear,
Still love the damn slopes,
Could only afford one beer
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh [insert any ski resort name in eastern Austria here]
Irregular, often drier than a dry biscuit
hot and cold flushes
Every so often promising
The emotion of it all
Leaving me sleepness, sometimes sweating at night
….. and then, almost without warning, no longer active
How was I to know ski resorts go through the Menopause?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tignes, I loved the opportunity for late season skiing with my friends, wife and children. So much fun. So sad to see the early closure of everything (even though I have already retired from the game due to Multiple Myeloma and spine damage). I am glad I seized the day, so many happy memories. Good luck to all next year.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My sympathies are with everyone that has had their plans screwed by COVID 19. I have had to abandon the second trip.
It's been a 'kin odd season - anyone who looks at the weather could see it as a bug breeding ground.
But in my personal case: I must write in memorium to the week starting Saturday 29th Feb:
I feel blessed to have had a wonderful trip to Alpe d'Huez. Best conditions of the season: nearly a metre of fresh snow, 4 sunny(ish) days, a white out (always makes for a challenge and a good indoor lunch) and only downer was a day of sleet/rain (which was fairly unpleasant) but saw beers and table tennis as the afternoon activities and my party and I needed a rest.
ADH is now one of the best resorts in the Alps imho. Great links, good lifts, fab views - apart from directly over Bergers in to town, that resembles a sprawling dump like Swindon, but will have its appeal to some - and massive variety in ski challenges. The locals are lovely too. I do like you very much. Thanks for having me.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Once again we enjoyed Italian hospitality in Selva. My daughter and I skied bell to bell on the last day, so I think we squeezed the lemon dry.

Now, wishing we hadn't spent that extra night in Milan.

Have to tote up the personal economic damage but next year might be a no-ski-holiday zone.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Les Carroz, glad I managed to persuade my ski bud to take our annual trip in February, rather than Zermatt in March like he wanted.

Perhaps next year?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Supposed to be first ski day in Val today..instead working from home Crying or Very sad
But could of course be much much worse...
Fingers crossed for next season.
snow conditions
Saalbach, and still there, in self-isolation. Had some great skiing while it lasted (until mid-March), and it’s currently snowing down to village level, with village temperatures down to -9C tonight, so R.I.P. to the last two weeks, as well as the coming week, which would also have been great.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy