Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will French Alps Close Today / Weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
If the lifts stay closed there is always these?

https://www.bv206.co.uk/index.php/bvs-for-sale

Can tow 8-10 pax behind each BV too!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowball wrote:
Aha! Missed that one.
My apartment say they'll take the money from my account in 5 days, so I'm not sure what to do. I already put down a deposit long ago.

If you can move it to Feb without extra cost or inconvenience then I'd be tempted to do that. You could wait 5 days to see if there is any more announcements, but you risk losing that free week in Feb to someone else - plus the likelihood of any real clarity in any announcement with regards to Jan is probably unlikely. It probably more focus on Christmas opening, and some hopeful expectations regarding Jan with caveats (i.e if cases carrying on dropping etc). Mountain restaurants etc will still be shut as Macron has already stated that they won't open till Jan 20th.

Feb feels like a much 'safer' bet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lifts are running here for youngsters in ski clubs. Apparently hordes queing this morning without masks including trainers.

Meanwhile locals having paid 750€ have to yomp up for one run down.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Claude B wrote:
Lifts are running here for youngsters in ski clubs. Apparently hordes queing this morning without masks including trainers.

Meanwhile locals having paid 750€ have to yomp up for one run down.

it is rubbing people's face in it a bit.

I've made a decision not to post any ski picks on snowheads while the lockdown continues.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Claude B, A message from the French Ski Federation that I saw suggested that adult ski club members can do race training too. The adults still have to stick to the 3h/20km rules though, the kids don't.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

3h/20km rules

@rjs, which only apply up till the 15th ...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Claude B, the Décret has a derogation stating no masks on drag lifts, or chairlifts with alternate seats occupied. Should still be distancing in the q though.

@rjs, Adults not mentioned in the Décret. I suggest that's either wishful thinking by the FFS, or they're avoiding mentioning adults are welcome to race-train, if they yomp up Confused

Décret here: https://www.facebook.com/tv8infos/photos/a.153774061320942/3763262973705348/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@shep, The FFS document doesn't say anything about use of lifts for kids either but alpine training won't work very well without them.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@shep, this is a big gondola
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rjs, The Decret specifically says ski-club kids only can use the lifts. The FFS don't make the laws Smile Perhaps they're referring to adult pro-athletes then, who can use the lifts... Puzzled

@Claude B, Oh dear, that's not good then... Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@shep, The FFS document seems realistic to me, one typical way to get enough adult helpers is that they get to play a bit as well The stuff for elite athletes was published a fair while ago, I don't think they would be training with a club.

I don't consider something on Facebook an official ruling, is there a better link to the law ?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rjs, It's your prerogative to believe/not believe what you wish. Perhaps there's another décret, I don't know. I don't dispute that they'll get away with it though, the Ski-Club are the untouchables in most resorts and the whole thing is such a balls up I can't imagine some poor liftie having the confidence to challenging them.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skies lift served and lapped all day. BUT I am on a Pisteurs Course allowed by Prefectural decree. Only one lift and doing sled and first aid training.
Anyone "Freeriding" would be thrown off the course and probably be blackballed industry wide for life.
Strict mask and separation protocols enforced also.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From Le Dauphine, via Google,

"Concerning the appeal of the mountain actors in interim relief, the highest administrative court has set the hearing at 3 pm Wednesday, we learned from the applicants.

The action before the Council of State, aimed at the government's decision not to authorize the opening of ski lifts before January, due to the health crisis, was jointly initiated by six regions (Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Occitanie, Provence -Alpes-Côte d'Azur, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, Grand-Est and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes), fifteen departments, including all those in the Alps, and four major mountain institutions: Domaines skiables de France (DSF), the national association of mayors of mountain resorts (ANMSM), the national union of French ski instructors (SNMSF) and the national union of mountain guides (SNGM).

The lawyers invoke three major fundamental freedoms that the measure would undermine: freedom to come and go, ski lifts constituting public transport services for users and mountain services, freedom of enterprise and finally the free administration of communities."
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name wrote:
Quote:

3h/20km rules

@rjs, which only apply up till the 15th ...

They'll probably be extended given the poor figures
latest report
@rjs, Just noticed this link was right there at the top of the FB comments:
https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/jorf/id/JORFTEXT000042613110?fbclid=IwAR0XntlWDxScSzJxUfggZCqgBR5Wt5JeU0VkdQ705_Zcy0OAbLiuDkFRIQU
snow report
@davidof, that would not surprise me, although I don’t understand the “poor” ness of the figures.
snow report
under a new name wrote:
From Le Dauphine, via Google,

"Concerning the appeal of the mountain actors in interim relief, the highest administrative court has set the hearing at 3 pm Wednesday, we learned from the applicants.

The action before the Council of State, aimed at the government's decision not to authorize the opening of ski lifts before January, due to the health crisis, was jointly initiated by six regions (Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Occitanie, Provence -Alpes-Côte d'Azur, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, Grand-Est and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes), fifteen departments, including all those in the Alps, and four major mountain institutions: Domaines skiables de France (DSF), the national association of mayors of mountain resorts (ANMSM), the national union of French ski instructors (SNMSF) and the national union of mountain guides (SNGM).

The lawyers invoke three major fundamental freedoms that the measure would undermine: freedom to come and go, ski lifts constituting public transport services for users and mountain services, freedom of enterprise and finally the free administration of communities."

Should keep them busy instead of chasing Simon Butler Toofy Grin Very Happy
ski holidays
@under a new name, supposed to be under 5000 per day on the 15th but will be more like 9000 per day
snow report
@davidof, a bit of a Canute like aspiration no? Anyway, just stop testing, Trump like, cases will go down fast enough.
snow conditions
This is doing nothing to lessen the feelings here Shocked

https://www.ledauphine.com/culture-loisirs/2020/12/08/isere-grenoble-le-telepherique-de-la-bastille-va-rouvrir-ce-vendredi-11-decembre

Quote:
Le téléphérique de la Bastille va rouvrir ce vendredi 11 décembre
Fermé depuis le 29 octobre et le reconfinement, il fonctionnera pendant les fêtes de fin d’année
snow conditions
Claude B wrote:
This is doing nothing to lessen the feelings here Shocked

https://www.ledauphine.com/culture-loisirs/2020/12/08/isere-grenoble-le-telepherique-de-la-bastille-va-rouvrir-ce-vendredi-11-decembre

Quote:
Le téléphérique de la Bastille va rouvrir ce vendredi 11 décembre
Fermé depuis le 29 octobre et le reconfinement, il fonctionnera pendant les fêtes de fin d’année

You are not likely to hurt yourself taking the Bastille lift tbh.
ski holidays
No but it's not likely to help decrease Covid infection rates and hence hospitalisations, the same net effect. Gondolas were made out to be one of the bad boys. It also stokes the feelings of injustice and double standards, in the same department too.
snow report
https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-12-09/french-ski-resorts-challenge-macron-in-a-bid-to-save-christmas
latest report
Just received an invite:
Bonjour Colin,Want to enjoy the great outdoors, in a beautiful mountain atmosphere? If you tick all the boxes, it's time to book for a week or a short stay!We are waiting for you in our chalets in Val Thorens at Montagnettes Lombarde and Montagnettes Soleil from December 19th.Our apartments for 6 to 10 people with fireplace will be perfect for spending time with your loved ones, finding yourself in large, cozy and warm spaces.Take advantage of a 20% discount for a minimum stay of 2 nights.
latest report
https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/auvergne-rhone-alpes/covid-19-et-ski-promiscuite-non-respect-du-port-du-masque-en-savoie-meribel-met-a-l-arret-ses-navettes-de-bus-1957207.html

France3 wrote:
Si le gel des navettes en a fait grogner certains, il fait plutôt l'unanimité des riverains qui s'inquiétaient eux aussi "de ce que de nombreux skieurs étrangers, britanniques notamment montaient à bord, sans contrôle et sans précautions"
Unfortunate bad press for the UK contingent. The locals would traditionally turn against *perceived* "Parisians" (regardless of whether they are or not from the city) but this year the Brits take the blame.
snow conditions
@patrick!, ne t'en fais pas! I am not sure we can extrapolate and amplify one lone voice in a news report to conclude that the locals are against the Brits. By using the same logic we should conclude that taxis are too expensive and that it's fine to use your car as usual to access ski resorts (the other two locals' opinions in the clip; neither of whom mention les sales rosbifs)
snow report
It looks like some French resorts are actually currently open e.g. Isola and Areche.
Odd, I didn't think any were allowed to.
Anyone know why?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Resorts are open lifts aren't. Except perhaps one reserved for ski club training. Busy here atm.
latest report
Neil Neige wrote:
It looks like some French resorts are actually currently open e.g. Isola and Areche.
Odd, I didn't think any were allowed to.
Anyone know why?

resorts or lifts?

One of our local resorts had almost the entire part of its terrain open for alpine skiing with everything pisted. In theory for clubs and ESF under 12 year old groups but a lot of skiers just seemed to be locals in the know.
snow report
After the holidays finish in 10 days or so they're going to stop maintaining all pistes here including the one used for ski clubs. So that's it Crying or Very sad
snow report
Official announcement here today, translation.

‎STOP THE INTERVIEW‎
‎FROM THE SKI AREA BY THE SATA‎
‎The SATA, which has so far received no compensation from the state and has no prospect of opening the lifts by the end of winter, has decided to reduce its activities as of March 8, 2021.‎
‎This decision, taken in consultation with the town hall of Les Deux Alpes, is reinforced by the analysis of the attendance at the end of the season and by the need to devote all means to the preparation and marketing of the summer season.‎
‎As a result, the security, damage and signage of the ski area will no longer be assured from that date.‎
‎Only the security of the facilities and the maintenance of the glacier will be carried out. The entire ski area of les Deux Alpes will therefore be in the Domaine de Montagne.‎
‎The resort will not be closed, but activities will be limited for the few tourists who will come to visit us.‎
‎We all regret this decision, which is the consequence of the administrative closure of the lifts and the slow payment of aid promised by the State.‎
‎The key in the current situation is to protect the future. To ensure that our operator and the municipality retain sufficient leeway to prepare for future seasons and make planned investments.‎
snow report
I found out yesterday the reason SATA are completely stopping operations here after this weekend. They're currently receiving zero compensation from the government for L2A. Because they can't provide accounts for last year. Because they only took over from CdA on 1st December Shocked Crazy and you can't really blame them.
ski holidays
@Claude B, Alpe d'Huez showing 3 "lifts", 3 green pistes and 3 red pistes open today and have not seen anything about a complete stop there. Not that any of that is much use to me......
ski holidays
Stade is open today with lifts running for ski clubs. Pistes up and down for ski de randonnée and cross country. That will all all stop after tomorrow. Perhaps they'll continue over there as they're being compensated. My ex did a fair bit of x country over there last week.
latest report
@skitow, SATA is closing down ADH for the season on the 8th. Kids ski club using Vaujany for the next 4 weeks.
snow report
@Alpinebear, Thanks. Like I said, just out of interest for me but obviously the whole thing must be a disaster for you guys.......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy