Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Holiday cut short cos of Coronavirus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,
It’s been a while since my original post regarding lift pass refund so an update is due.
I recently received the correct refund from Neilson after lengthy communications and threats to take my case to the County Court Money Claims Dept.
It has been a bit of a battle but we got there eventually.
Neilson received my refund from the Skipass Consorzio but initially refused to pass it on to me.
Neilson eventually informed me that they have funding in place to refund all affected lift passes.
So if anyone is in the same position, they have the money to refund you but would rather you or your insurance foot the bill.
It would appear that tenacity is the name of the game in conjunction with some good advise from the Snowheads crowd.
Thanks to all for your help, advise. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a hard time for everyone in the travel industry - Neilson have announced that they are about to make up to 28 head office staff redundant - 30% of the headcount.
I don't know about Hotelplan (Inghams, Esprit, Total), TUI are always shedding staff
My friend who had her non-ski holiday cancelled has sent a "pre action letter" to her TO to chase up her refund. Court fees will be about £70 and if the company folds in the meantime she claims against ATOL and she's £70 down which is almost a win, if they blink and pay she's won!
Maybe I could have chosen nicer words, but . . . . .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
if they blink and pay she's won!
Maybe I could have chosen nicer words, but . . . . .

Well that speaks volumes at relying on TO’s “to take care of thing” when unexpected happens!

They can be relied upon to keep your money!

Even if the lift company or lodging providers refunded promptly, you may not see that moneys!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My friend's TO has now folded so it's now an ATOL claim which will be slow but relatively hassle free.
I've looked at the TO's last filed accounts (y.e. October 2018) and they made a profit of just under £7 per passenger on a selling price of £562. . . . . . .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nemisis wrote:
My friend's TO has now folded so it's now an ATOL claim which will be slow but relatively hassle free.
I've looked at the TO's last filed accounts (y.e. October 2018) and they made a profit of just under £7 per passenger on a selling price of £562. . . . . . .

The travel industry is one of the most overcrowded, oversupplied industries in the world.

Anybody with a laptop, phone, minivan, and rented room can set themselves up as a travel company.

Takes about a week to setup.

Zero barriers to entry (or exit).

They make no profit in the upswing.

And thousands of firms will go pop in the downswing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy